Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I’ve caught about a dozen of each and haven’t gotten a shiny. I also caught like 200 meditites and Malthusian and didn’t get poo poo so I’m not expecting a lot.

It’s nice to get the dex and badge completions though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

I have lost all powers of reading comprehension and counting ability hours ago
I think we each clicked on about 60-80 or so for our shines. Another player in our group got shiny Aerodactyl this evening

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Loving Anorith as a raid boss. I have caught about a dozen of them in this event and walked the only one I ever found months ago, using candy to evolve him. But no females. Damnit.

Walking Surskit because I have only ever seen ONE of those fuckers.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
got me a 96% aerodactyl!

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

Anorith seem to be stupid common here (southwestern US). Up to 200 candy so far

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Robokomodo posted:

When in doubt, I always go with Chansey/Blissey

Blissey is boring as hell to walk though, I'd get tired of seeing that dopey face in my buddy candy window all the time!

Be like the cool kids and stick a Beldum in there :cool:

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.
Lickitung is pro tier buddy because his face is constantly bouncing on a licking motion.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Didn't see a single Corsola in Kauai, but got enough Charmanders to evolve two Charizards. No shinies though.

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

I willed too hard again...

peak debt posted:

Why would you walk anything but a super-rare like Mewtwo or Bacon though.

That's weird, I've caught at least 30 Anoriths even before the event... Are they regional?

Walking legendaries is awful because they take 20km for one candy and the event would only put them down at 5km, which equals the longest distance to walk the best non-legendary Pokemon for candy without an event's shortened distance bonus. Let's say the average distance tracked by people who work/go to school is 2km a day. That's like playing 10 days for just 1 candy. This is why rare candies are used for legendaries.

And it seems like Anorith is this gen's Drowzee. They're super common in some parts of a country that people get sick of seeing them, while other parts of the country have 95% of their people not even having them as a dex entry.

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

I tried walking a legendary and gave up since a major chunk of these quests are walking based. Hello Tyranitar for a while, since I'll need a bit of spare candy to power things up after blowing at least 650 on evolutions during community day.

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

Annoyingly I evolved/levelled two tyrannitar just before the community day was announced, so now I need to walk one quick to get enough candy to evolve another for the special move.

Shinies that have been added previously; are they all still available or did they get taken away again? Fatwhale, for example?

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

They're still available but the percentage of catching one is extremely small now

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
I got :syoon: Porp The Purple Porpoise :syoon: and that was just at the chemist on a regular day.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Whoa I found a shiny aron yesterday and notice till now. Nice

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Way loving cool that I haven’t been able to log in for 5 days now despite multiple attempts every day.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Julio Cruz posted:

Way loving cool that I haven’t been able to log in for 5 days now despite multiple attempts every day.

Is it freezing on your google login screen? Had that happen on my iPad recently, I had to update the iOS to get it working again.

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
Tried a 1* raid yesterday. Shuckle. Not sure what was up with it, but it timed out long before I got it down to 50 %. He didn't do much damage to me, but drat if he didn't have some insane defense shenanigans. Haven't noticed that when I've fought him in gyms, though. Managed to take him down when I got my father and sister to join me.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

Datasmurf posted:

Tried a 1* raid yesterday. Shuckle. Not sure what was up with it, but it timed out long before I got it down to 50 %. He didn't do much damage to me, but drat if he didn't have some insane defense shenanigans. Haven't noticed that when I've fought him in gyms, though. Managed to take him down when I got my father and sister to join me.

Shuckle is three star, and he's the only three star that's impossible to solo due to his ridiculously high defense.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Ballz posted:

Is it freezing on your google login screen? Had that happen on my iPad recently, I had to update the iOS to get it working again.

It redirects to a 500 error, and I'm on the latest version of iOS so it isn't that.

e: found the answer on Reddit, had to clear the Safari cache.

Julio Cruz fucked around with this message at 22:51 on May 26, 2018

DaStampede
Feb 8, 2018

Consummate Professional posted:

His eyes look so evil

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Consummate Professional posted:

I just got a 0% Aron. gently caress shinies!

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Thanks to CoX, my stairs will be protected forever!

Modus Pwnens posted:

Shuckle is three star, and he's the only three star that's impossible to solo due to his ridiculously high defense.

I was wondering about that, I've never even seen one before today so my wife and I ran out to duo it and lost because we underestimated how strong it was and it was too late to try a second time :(

DaStampede
Feb 8, 2018

Are there any recommendations on buddies to walk during this event or are people mostly trying to fill out their Dex?

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
I’m walking chansey, but that’s cause I don’t have a blissey yet.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
Shuckle is my favorite, and hell yeah he's my buddy.

DaStampede
Feb 8, 2018

Thank you; just wanted to make sure I wasn't being crazy and missing out on who my buddy should be.

DeadlyHalibut
May 31, 2008

DaStampede posted:

Are there any recommendations on buddies to walk during this event or are people mostly trying to fill out their Dex?

Chansey is the best choice unless you have multiple good blisseys and chanseys.

Ralts is very useful both offense and defense and Larvitar if you want to take full benefit from the next community day.

Otherwise whatever you feel like, really. If you're still missing dex entries Beldum and Bagon are good choices.

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

dwarf74 posted:

I just got a 0% Aron. gently caress shinies!

I'll see your 0% and raise you my 0% shiny I found about a month ago. It's amazing and I'm never evolving it

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Beastyfella posted:

I'll see your 0% and raise you my 0% shiny I found about a month ago. It's amazing and I'm never evolving it
Holy poo poo, that's incredible. The rarest of pokeymans

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar

Beastyfella posted:

I’ll raise you my shiny cp10 0% IV Charmander. The ultimate turd.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Louisgod posted:

Evo that dude to a black charizard and put it in every gym

Boywunda
Jun 25, 2003

Modus Pwnens posted:

Don't fuckle with the Shuckle

DaStampede
Feb 8, 2018

DeadlyHalibut posted:

Otherwise whatever you feel like, really. If you're still missing dex entries Beldum and Bagon are good choices.

Both good choices, as I need both. I wil finish off 9 candies on this Skiploom and then work on those.

Zombie Dachshund
Feb 26, 2016

Brooklyn goons: I visited a friend in Ditmas Park and the area was just lousy with machops: 2-3 per block. I’d never seen anything like it. Is there such thing as a “gritty, street fighting biome” or what?

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem

Modus Pwnens posted:

Ah. That explains it.

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

Louisgod posted:

That's amazing! I hope you evolved it so it got blast burn.

Finished an evolve quest and got a 100 Aerodactyl this morning. No shiny yet but we've only done a handful of raids and quests. I hope the rate is boosted, otherwise there's not much of a chance.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Zombie Dachshund posted:

Brooklyn goons: I visited a friend in Ditmas Park and the area was just lousy with machops: 2-3 per block. I’d never seen anything like it. Is there such thing as a “gritty, street fighting biome” or what?

As funny as that’d be it was probably either a nest or weather boosted spawns.

Mr. Stepmom
Feb 20, 2004

But all I get is bitter and a nasty little rash

Ballz posted:

As funny as that’d be it was probably either a nest or weather boosted spawns.

The entirety of Brooklyn, some Queens, etc is a giant Machop meganest. Machop are 2/3 of my nearby at any given time. :)

Zombie Dachshund
Feb 26, 2016

Mr. Stepmom posted:

The entirety of Brooklyn, some Queens, etc is a giant Machop meganest. Machop are 2/3 of my nearby at any given time. :)

That’s crazy; I’d never heard of giant nests like that. Not gonna complain, though; you can never have too much machop candy! :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
I thought machops were spawning for some event

• Locked thread