Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
Hey did you guys hear Biff Tannen owns The Expanse now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

AlternateAccount posted:

We can do things the easy way or the hard way.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

as a person who never leaves my house i've done pretty well for myself.

AlternateAccount posted:

Don’t be ridiculous.

Biff Tannen owns a few thousand nuclear missiles.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Mateo was the real hero of season 3

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

this thread: loving bookreaders, always spoiling things, go post in a different thread because we can't not read spoiler tags

also this thread: here are some cool things i found on the wiki that will explain everything

also also this thread: hey can someone tell me what happens in the later books?

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Fister Roboto posted:

this thread: loving bookreaders, always spoiling things, go post in a different thread because we can't not read spoiler tags

also this thread: here are some cool things i found on the wiki that will explain everything

also also this thread: hey can someone tell me what happens in the later books?
Almost as if a thread is made up of multiple people.

Hot tip, if you're responding to someone saying "spoil me about X" you should probably respond with spoiler tags.

It's a pretty minor spoiler all things considered, especially since the show has not been shy about giving popular characters more screen time than they get in the books, but it doesn't hurt to be courteous.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
So what's the over/under on some dongues/tittays in season 4? :yosbutt:

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

Probably 50 percent of the episodes are going to be danguses and vagenes with some bobs thrown in for good measure.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

Do they have to be attached to a complete human body?

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy

A major plot point in the book season 4 covers is that clothing is illegal and everyone is gay

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Big Bowie Bonanza posted:

A major plot point in the book season 4 covers is that clothing is illegal and everyone is gay

Duck you book readers spoiling everyone!

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Platystemon posted:

Do they have to be attached to a complete human body?

hell yeah more Body Splattering in season 4

heck, an entire season devoted to insane ways to die instantly in Space

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
i just wish the dumb wiki had a better split between the TV and books, because sometimes i want to look up episode details without also having to worry about later developments.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

Big Bowie Bonanza posted:

That brings up a good point:

Where the hell do Belters shop for clothes? They all have differently deformed bodies.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
they 3d print their clothes.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Yeah, wikis are pretty much off limits for a book series > show that hasn't finished its run. You can look up some seemingly unimportant thing and the first sentence will be "This was the missile that killed Holden and Avasarala while they were making out on the alien battleship that nuked Mars" or something. This was pretty much exactly the way I spoiled Ned Stark's death for myself.

TimWinter
Mar 30, 2015

https://timsthebomb.com

Phi230 posted:

Duck you book readers spoiling everyone!

Some spoilers are worth reading.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
i read the books but i forgot everything

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

Just watched the latest episode and hooray am I glad to see the main character with charisma is back (in a fashion)

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Platystemon posted:

That brings up a good point:

Where the hell do Belters shop for clothes? They all have differently deformed bodies.

Everyone just wears the same baggy jumpsuit that's 7 sizes too large and thus fits any and all deformities

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
i'm rewatching the episode where holden and co nearly die chasing Eros and i'm wondering why they place important controls on a screen that you have to reach up to manipulate. a bit stupid since that's what killed epstein (although they don't know it)

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

logikv9 posted:

i'm rewatching the episode where holden and co nearly die chasing Eros and i'm wondering why they place important controls on a screen that you have to reach up to manipulate. a bit stupid since that's what killed epstein (although they don't know it)

Something something voice commands? In the books there are controls on the armrests, too, iirc.

logikv9 posted:

i just wish the dumb wiki had a better split between the TV and books, because sometimes i want to look up episode details without also having to worry about later developments.

Probably safer to ask for a non-spoiler clarification in the thread, but goons are bad so pick your poison, I guess. :shrug:

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

logikv9 posted:

Pretty sure that's just a show thing to artificially create tension, I think it's mentioned in the books that there are controls in the armrests of all the crash couches because yeah, a bleeding-edge warship would be pretty drat useless if pulling a couple gees made the crew unable to fly it.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
protip: the books are good and also reading is good for your brain

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Y’know what’s not good for your brain?

DRINKING PISS

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef

Probably safer to ask for a non-spoiler clarification in the thread, but goons are bad so pick your poison, I guess. :shrug:

If anyone wants narrow answers to specific spoiler questions and doesn't want to throw it out to the whole thread, they can PM me.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

Next season the buff faceless belter dude won't be wearing a banana hammock. :pervert:

Gonz posted:

Y’know what’s not good for your brain?

DRINKING PISS

FAKE NEWS! SAD!

We

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
S01E01 isn't a good introduction to the show. With like, weird suicidal XO, and gratuitous spacesex.

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.

Phenotype posted:

Yeah, wikis are pretty much off limits for a book series > show that hasn't finished its run. You can look up some seemingly unimportant thing and the first sentence will be "This was the missile that killed Holden and Avasarala while they were making out on the alien battleship that nuked Mars" or something. This was pretty much exactly the way I spoiled Ned Stark's death for myself.

Please don't quote from my fanfic tyvm.

Static!
Jul 17, 2007

Hold on, I'm watching this...

Baloogan posted:

i read the books but i forgot everything

Same but with Preacher instead.

ATP_Power
Jun 12, 2010

This is what fascinates me most in existence: the peculiar necessity of imagining what is, in fact, real.

Crazycryodude posted:

Pretty sure that's just a show thing to artificially create tension, I think it's mentioned in the books that there are controls in the armrests of all the crash couches because yeah, a bleeding-edge warship would be pretty drat useless if pulling a couple gees made the crew unable to fly it.

Yeah, the books have everyone in gimbaled crash couches all the time they're undergoing maneuvers, with controls you can use at very high Gs. The more egregious example of this specific concession for TV are the capital ships that have the command staff standing in the middle of a big naval ship style bridge during combat. Enjoy your broken ankles from the mag boots and your missing teeth when you slam your face into the tac display when your ship makes a lateral course correction.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
the belter's chair that moved backwards and forwards might have helped handle acceleration?

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

Crazycryodude posted:

I rewatched the Y Que bits of last episode and funnily enough that has the controls in the armrests. Loose wrist straps too although I have no idea if those would actually be necessary.

A belter rock hopper is better designed than fancy inner warships.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
Also, the belter expected to need to burn soon, the ship and chair was likely configured in a way that would cushion forward acceleration instead of backwards acceleration (deceleration).

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Baloogan posted:

the belter's chair that moved backwards and forwards might have helped handle acceleration?
That's just so he could get to those sweet sweet piss bags.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

logikv9 posted:

I'm assuming he was broadcasting his last few minutes to everyone so some character is going to probably explain the whole thing
I thought this too, especially with going as far as to show the webcam view of the splat. Everything about the guy screamed not-so-distant-futurecurrent livestreamer/youtuber to me.

Hmm. What's "like, subscribe, and comment" in Belta?

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
Occasional piss drinking aside streaming yourself racing across the solar system is a fair bit cooler than streaming yourself playing a video game.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

bloom posted:

Occasional piss drinking aside streaming yourself racing across the solar system is a fair bit cooler than streaming yourself playing a video game.

:turianass: Racing :turianass:

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

It's like yachting but for belters. :monocle:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

bloom posted:

I guess but a livestream of a tin can flying through empty space for months would get old.