Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

DLC Inc posted:

same, but it sounds too good to be true. "graphics to rival GOW" sounds insane considering this is Capcom. Would they throw this kind of power at a remake? Are they really trying to create something on the level of RE4?

i dunno man, RE engine is pretty great looking and scales really well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Vakal posted:

That or Claire can order Sherry to grapple enemies.

Sherry jumping onto Mr. X's back and pulling his ears to distract him.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Vikar Jerome posted:

i dunno man, RE engine is pretty great looking and scales really well.

is the "RE Engine" the new one that was used to create RE7? If so then I'd agree, they did incredible work with that game and it really succeeded in that hyper-real P.T. vibe.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Oh poo poo I just realised:

quote:

The game will include campaigns for both Leon and Claire, but the game will overall be much longer than the original with lots of new content and areas.
Aside from the obvious retcons all this new stuff will bring, does this mean they'll give us an overall scenario set which is actually canon this time around (and not some weird hybrid deal), thus ending 20 years of idle chit-chat about a videogame story regarding who meets who while doing what and going where?

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I don't really know if I buy that leak

Backhand
Sep 25, 2008

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

Sherry jumping onto Mr. X's back and pulling his ears to distract him.

The Spark Shot is replaced with a Sherry Launcher, Fallout "Fat Boy" style.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Don't some of the police zombies wear their hats, how did they manage to keep them on, that's impressive tbh

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Good soup! posted:

Don't some of the police zombies wear their hats, how did they manage to keep them on, that's impressive tbh

Probably the same way I keep a hat on, by squeezing said hat onto a fat head.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN

Aside from the obvious retcons all this new stuff will bring, does this mean they'll give us an overall scenario set which is actually canon this time around (and not some weird hybrid deal), thus ending 20 years of idle chit-chat about a videogame story regarding who meets who while doing what and going where?

Claire-A/Leon-B has always been the official canon way RE2 played out as far as I know. I wouldn't want them to drop Leon-A/Claire-B just for the sake of the story, but adding 2 extra scenarios would probably really stretch development out longer nowadays.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I hope they bring back mercenaries too. Getting the Handcannon in 4 was such an awesome feeling. Bring back that monster of a weapon as a reward. Or Broken Butterfly for style points.

DanielCross
Aug 16, 2013
I think RE1 is the only multi-scenario game where the "canon" scenario is completely impossible in-game.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Probably the same way I keep a hat on, by squeezing said hat onto a fat head.

Thats whats taken so long in the remake, theyve had to fatten every zombie up to better reflect america

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

DLC Inc posted:

is the "RE Engine" the new one that was used to create RE7? If so then I'd agree, they did incredible work with that game and it really succeeded in that hyper-real P.T. vibe.

yeah, you could do a mix of 3rd person/fixed cameras and vr with that engine no problem and everything would look great. just change the encounter placement for 3rd person action and fixed/vr survival and you are good to go.

claire A-leon B is the canon scenario, think some other media/games already confirmed it. fits better at any rate even tho leon-a is awesome. its more remake 1 that does the weird hybrid deal, then again i like playing jill then zero then chris whenever im doing my replays.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Barudak posted:

Thats whats taken so long in the remake, theyve had to fatten every zombie up to better reflect america
New enemy: Rascal zombie.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

A Buttery Pastry posted:

New enemy: Rascal zombie.

Meth head zombies that can't do any damage to you since they have no teeth.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
fuckin boooooo i thought they were going to do a REmake style “remake” for re2, not make an entirely new game.

7 was a new and enjoyable experience but all the other games post nemesis/veronica were wack and i have zero interest in another game like those

bango skank fucked around with this message at 05:04 on May 27, 2018

Barudak
May 7, 2007

bango skank posted:

fuckin boooooo i thought they were going to do a REmake style “remake” for re2, not make an entirely new game.

7 was a new and enjoyable experience but all the other games post nemesis/veronica were wack and i have zero interest in another game like those

Dont you say another negative word about Resident Evil Gaiden. Not here, not on my 12th cruise ship filled with bioterrorism monsters

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I knew it wasn’t going to be like REmake. No way Capcom would do another game in that style in 2018. I really hope it’s good since all the 3rd person RE games except for 4 are all pretty mediocre.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Rev2 seems to divide some when it comes to the gameplay but as long as REmake2 doesn't have stealth I think I could enjoy something similar to Rev2. I'm kind of over sneaking past super-powerful enemies being how you create a "survival horror" atmosphere, even in RE7. And as good as REmake is I'm one of those people that think they made it way too hard so I didn't enjoy it as much as I could have.

And if REmake2 can do for the whole cast what Rev2 did for Barry then so much the better.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
If they're going down an OTS route for the remake I hope they have a bonus Romero camera option that fixes the cameras in rooms like the first games.

I mean that was a big part of their horror charm after all.

Get rid of tankey gameplay yeah, but let me relive my nostalgia.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Vikar Jerome posted:

supposedly remake2 info got leaked:

http://www.relyonhorror.com/latest-news/source-resident-evil-2-remake-to-be-best-looking-entry-to-date/

cliff notes im stealing from another forum.

OTS and Claire will have a different outfit is making my hype levels fluctuate. :|

This all sounds pretty cool but also like a bunch of BS.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

veni veni veni posted:

This all sounds pretty cool but also like a bunch of BS.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time
How many years have we been waiting for E3?

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

My friend took this picture. You can see him in the reflection.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

Kin posted:

If they're going down an OTS route for the remake I hope they have a bonus Romero camera option that fixes the cameras in rooms like the first games.

I mean that was a big part of their horror charm after all.

Get rid of tankey gameplay yeah, but let me relive my nostalgia.

that or make it an easter egg option in-game like in the Lost in Nightmare scenario for RE5!

I'm just going to :f5: Alyson Court's twitter for the next couple years to see if she posts anything about video game projects

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Aces High posted:

I'm just going to :f5: Alyson Court's twitter for the next couple years to see if she posts anything about video game projects

Oh if only :allears:

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Vikar Jerome posted:

claire A-leon B is the canon scenario, think some other media/games already confirmed it.

There were occasional confirmations scattered throughout various games for years, like Ada's scenario from UC taking off from Leon B. Then RE6 came out and had Sherry saying point-blank that she got "Devil" vaccinated, which doesn't happen in Leon A/Claire B. The only people left who are arguing about it are from this weird RE fan faction that just loves to overcomplicate things.

(I am absolutely positive that now, in the Year of Our Lord 2018, on some RE fan forum buried somewhere, there's a guy who's still really invested in the "Annette threw the rocket launcher" theory and is actively arguing about it.)

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Annette was just one of Ada's covers.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

Her diabolical plan to infiltrate Umbrella by being a 20-year-old posing as William Birkin's wife of 12 years reached its apex when she held herself at gunpoint.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

"You lose, big guy!" will always be my canon.

Kibayasu fucked around with this message at 20:25 on May 30, 2018

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Vikar Jerome posted:

claire A-leon B is the canon scenario, think some other media/games already confirmed it.
While this is indisputable at this point (and sort of has been that way ever since Ada's epilogue in RE3 confirmed she didn't take a 200ft drop, because even RE isn't wasn't dumb enough to allow characters to survive that sort of thing), I'm sure there was something trivial in Claire A-Leon B that loosely conflicted with some other stuff mentioned down the line due to oversights but whatever, probably just misremembering it. This is RE anyway, a series which took until the fifth main title to give us a game that couldn't possibly give us anything murky enough to question what's canon. Yeah I'm actually including that idiotic bit in CV regarding Claire being poisoned or not because it's such an asinine waste of time finding the serum.

At any rate, silly retcons are bound to happen if there are any new areas. Which there probably will be, else everyone's going to be breezing through the game in 2 hours all over again. Betting against another Lisa-type abomination getting thrown into the story for no good reason though, as that would seriously overcrowd things with regards to "boss" monsters.

Wanderer posted:

I am absolutely positive that now, in the Year of Our Lord 2018, on some RE fan forum buried somewhere, there's a guy who's still really invested in the "Annette threw the rocket launcher" theory and is actively arguing about it.
How even... you can clearly hear it's Ada's voice saying "use this!" in both scenarios :stare:

Wanderer posted:

Her diabolical plan to infiltrate Umbrella by being a 20-year-old posing as William Birkin's wife of 12 years reached its apex when she held herself at gunpoint.
Never mind it all makes sense now :v:

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

I'm curious how they plan to expand the game, but it could just be as "easy" as giving Raccoon City and the RPD a more quasi-realistic sprawling layout (even in RE2, Raccoon is distinctly a Japanese city; no American city, particularly in the Midwest, is that cramped), or incentivizing you to leave the RPD a couple of times.

It'd be wasteful as hell to come up with all the necessary HD assets for the initial run from the crash site to the RPD and then just never use any of them again until the DLC. It'd make sense if you got forced back out into the streets at some point (Mr. X throws you out a window?) or had to make a dash back to Kendo's for something.

How even... you can clearly hear it's Ada's voice saying "use this!" in both scenarios :stare:

The RE fan community in the late '90s and early '00s was insane, even by the lofty standards of the period. I think there might have been a lot of crossover between fans of the series and conspiracy theorists, and it set a tone that's lasted to this day with sites like Project Umbrella.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

The run in to the station could be expanded but I think it’s also possible that it would be shrunk down. The original trip was pretty important to the atmosphere of “don’t want to be outside” but in the end it’s a pretty minor area so it may be relegated to a cutscene. Or small areas separated by cutscenes.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Dear Capcom,

Red Rising Raccoon City

And for a serious post remake Outbreak now that online multiplayer for consoles is more realistic.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

At any rate, silly retcons are bound to happen if there are any new areas. Which there probably will be, else everyone's going to be breezing through the game in 2 hours all over again. Betting against another Lisa-type abomination getting thrown into the story for no good reason though, as that would seriously overcrowd things with regards to "boss" monsters.
Not that I totally disagree, but you might be able to get away with it if you take the existence of Mr. X and Birkin into account and make the part with the new boss play out in its entirety before the others are introduced. That said, it'd probably undermine the threat of Mr. X, who benefits quite a lot from arriving relatively early on. Alternative idea: No new boss as such, but the way you defeat either of the main bosses influences their mutations and when and where you encounter them again, sort of building on the thing they did in RE3 with Nemesis.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

What if REmake 2 also includes 3? It'd help increase and share content between the two games and expand eachother.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

I'd love if they pulled the Pokemon Gold/Silver card, but I don't think Capcom's been that generous in years

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

Dj Meow Mix posted:

I'd love if they pulled the Pokemon Gold/Silver card, but I don't think Capcom's been that generous in years

It's not generosity, it's development time and budget.

It wouldn't surprise me if a new RE2 were to provide more obvious nods to the fact that RE3 has happened, such as busting out that one window by the west stairs or littering a couple of rooms with blast craters. However, RE3 has gone on to become a weirdly big deal, so I'd expect any amount of remake it receives to be its own independent project.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
re3 would be a good dlc campaign to re2, in that they could share the same engine and many assets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

re3 would be a good dlc campaign to re2, in that they could share the same engine and many assets.
Yeah, seems like the remake of 2 would have to be pretty disappointing for them to not remake 3 - I suppose how successful it is will determine if they'd go for a standalone title or just a dlc campaign. Not like RE2 doesn't have enough characters for DLC campaigns without adding 3, so they might want to leave 3 for a standalone that can have its own DLC.

Assuming of course that the remake of 2 actually comes out at some point.