Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

PMush Perfect posted:

I mean, probably is the wrong term, I've been tuning you out for days already.

Sorry darling, you've got donkey brains.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Mush is an obvious fascist or a very bad liberal.

DB is most likely Hitler given Pig's suggested nomination.

Anything Byers says is garbage.

Capn and Kumba are the anomalies.

I am a liberal.

You can say with 100% certainty or at least KB could... I am not Hitler, nominate me.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

CapitalistPig posted:

Yeah I guess. I mean maybe if it was like a game winning policy or something.

We have Pmush next right? Well I have been thinking pmush has been hitler for most of the game and it's probably byers now that we have this new turn of events.

So I think AA, Cap, RF, as the regular fascists with byers as hitler.

I would be ok with Pmush nominating pretty much anyone not on that list. It makes me feel much better about kumba and pmush.

I'd vote yes for DB or TMM.

Byers is smarter than this and you know it. It's weird he went all super fascist there, but you're making light of that play. Why would Hitler do that?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Game ends if current president is a fascist so might as well just get it on with.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
If mush is just a bad lib, then she should nominate me. The only way game ends is if she draws no liberal policies.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Anything Byers says is garbage.

Words hurt, AA. Words hurt.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Another rules point: The President does not know what card was selected by the Chancellor when deciding veto. Neither player knows specifically what was discarded.

But per AA, this post is garbage.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

I wish you had had time to post yesterday. :(

I was waiting for you all day hoping you would post because I was pretty sure I wanted to dunk that government and wanted to make sure you were on board.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Hey, a quick thing I want to say: We've reached a point where people's actions as president/chancellor have become deterministic. Thus, when a government is confirmed, I will just go ahead and immediately post the legislature's action myself (liberal/fascist/veto) without consulting the players involved. If you think this decision is wrong, feel free to PM me (though really, I've thought through all scenarios I could come up with, and I don't see what I could've missed).

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
At this point, I am incredibly suspect of anyone who doesn't think I should be the next chancellor.

CapitalistPig posted:

lol what?

I'm pretty sure byers is hitler bruh.

I mean it could be, but it very well could be one of DB/kumba.

DB played the last hand in the first deck and kumba played the first hand in the second deck. Both of them went liberal, but there was a lot of resistance towards nominating either of them for Byers.

So the question, for me anyway and I'm guessing others, is did a Hitler Byers pick a fascist you and forced the fascist policy since he had no other option (since he can't know for sure if you're a fascist) or if you are actually a liberal and AA did end up voting no despite that the vote would likely hang in the balance.

I'm trying to think through all the possibilities.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Byers painted me as a fascist, and denied me govt. Alongside everyone else. In not the fascist here. His play is unexpected.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Byers painted me as a fascist, and denied me govt. Alongside everyone else. In not the fascist here. His play is unexpected.

The only thing you should expect is the unexpected.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Man I am really loving good this game and really loving bad at being listened to! Just call me CapnCassandra I guess.

PM, you want to win, you take me or kumba. I guess maybe TMM because the preponderance of evidence is that he's gullible liberal rather than fascist, but why loving risk it?

Anyway you guys have fun losing now I'll be back to vote no on the very stupid nomination that happens :)

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

CapnAndy posted:

Man I am really loving good this game and really loving bad at being listened to! Just call me CapnCassandra I guess.

PM, you want to win, you take me or kumba. I guess maybe TMM because the preponderance of evidence is that he's gullible liberal rather than fascist, but why loving risk it?

Anyway you guys have fun losing now I'll be back to vote no on the very stupid nomination that happens :)

I'm the gullible liberal? gently caress you. I was one saying we should hold back on Byers 2nd Presidency. You're the one who voted for it.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

TMMadman posted:

I'm the gullible liberal? gently caress you. I was one saying we should hold back on Byers 2nd Presidency. You're the one who voted for it.

He's probably fascist or an idiot

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I'm not sure why I didn't think about this before, but the fascists have to be:

Byers, AA, <someone>

or

Byers, CPig, <someone>

Because CPIg/AA are in conflict from the the 4th overall government, one of them must be fascist. I suppose it's possible that both of them are fascist, but that seems like a stretch to me. We know CPig is NOT Hitler, so if he is a fascist, he would know that AA was Hitler and wouldn't want to get into a conflict with him.

So the remaining fascist is between Capn/DB/kumba/PMush (insert me if you're one of those people, but it should be obvious by now that I'm a liberal). So is Byers Hitler and one of Capn/PMush a regular fascist? Or is Byers a regular fascist and one of DB/kumba Hitler? That's the way it's looking like to me.

Now the interesting thing there is that PMush did want to know what was the optimal strategy since she didn't want to just run things by the numbers and then she chose what was probably the least optimal person as her chancellor in Byers. I believe the 'optimal' strategy would have been 16 27 38 49 50, so she went to the back of the order and picked 10. And what's really interesting there is that CPig was in the number 6 spot and thus would have been the 'optimal' pick. So could it be that a regular fascist PMush skipped a regular fascist CPig and instead picked a Hitler Byers to try and get Byers some early credit to try and a chancellor nod later? You know, I'm kind of thinking this might actually be right this time.

On the other hand, CapnAndy actually did go with the optimal pick since kumba was in the 7 spot. We know that Capn/kumba can't be fascists together. And I still think that any sort of fascist DB would have advanced a fascist agenda during his government.

Hey Capn, if we skipped PMush and looked to vote you in, would you select me as chancellor?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Just to be incredibly blunt. I'm almost certainly voting no to any government that doesn't have me as the chancellor on the next hand. We will have about a 65% chance to draw a liberal card and if 1L1F comes down the pipe on that first draw, then I know the 1L is getting passed and not vetoed on my end.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

TMMadman posted:

Dude yesterday you kept going on and on about how you picked Byers to be President twice in a row, that was a huge component of your case for why you weren't a fascist to me!

TMMadman posted:

Hey Capn, if we skipped PMush and looked to vote you in, would you select me as chancellor?
No, I'm picking kumba. You deliberately put Byers in a position to be President twice in a row, that is not to your credit even if I think you're probably okay.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
I'm thinking we nom kumba.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Right now, TMM is the only one I can say with any certainty I think is lib. I don't think a fascist TMM would willingly give the libs that much info about past governments when it'd be much easier and benefit fascists much more to just say he doesn't remember. And I don't think he'd risk giving us faulty info when KB was right there on him and just as engaged, and could call him out on any discrepancies. (Same idea as well for the rest of the libs, but KB was most prominent.)

Anyone who thinks TMM is a bad nomination choice, can you justify to me why a fascist TMM would give libs so much crucial info?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

CapnAndy posted:

Dude yesterday you kept going on and on about how you picked Byers to be President twice in a row, that was a huge component of your case for why you weren't a fascist to me!
No, I'm picking kumba. You deliberately put Byers in a position to be President twice in a row, that is not to your credit even if I think you're probably okay.

You are one of the stupidest loving people.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Like I am going to be so pissed off if Capn is liberal because he has absolutely loving refused to work with me the entire loving game.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
The fact that he can't admit that I basically have to be a liberal at this point is loving flat out stupid.

And then for him to say the fact that I doubled Byers up is enough to keep me out is loving awful and doesn't acknowledge the reality of the game. Much like he has done all game long.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

TMMadman posted:

The fact that he can't admit that I basically have to be a liberal at this point is loving flat out stupid.

And then for him to say the fact that I doubled Byers up is enough to keep me out is loving awful and doesn't acknowledge the reality of the game. Much like he has done all game long.

Like literally it pisses me off because he is the one that loving voted to approve the 2nd Byers government even though if he had put any thought into there was clearly some kind of issue happening.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Hey Pmush, DB and kumba, who do you think are the other two fascists?

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

You're not a very nice person and I really don't see how responding with insults is a good way to get me to understand stuff. You were insulting me literally yesterday for not being aware that you chose to make Byers President twice in a row with the special election and then when I asked you okay so how does that make you provably liberal you... insulted me and stormed off in a huff, actually.

It's not very becoming is all.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

CapnAndy posted:

You're not a very nice person and I really don't see how responding with insults is a good way to get me to understand stuff. You were insulting me literally yesterday for not being aware that you chose to make Byers President twice in a row with the special election and then when I asked you okay so how does that make you provably liberal you... insulted me and stormed off in a huff, actually.

It's not very becoming is all.

I don't give a gently caress at this point.

You have been an rear end in a top hat whining about decorum all game long. First it was KB who was not being condescending towards you at all.

At this point, all I'm going to do is insult this poo poo out of you because if you are a liberal you've made this game impossible.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
And remember, you voted YES to both Byers governments. It doesn't matter what I do with the special election because it's still something that can be denied and Byers absolutely should have been denied the government the 2nd time.

But nope, you didn't want to think that way because you're either an obtuse idiot or a fascist.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
And for all the liberals:

We really only have one shot at winning this game and it's on the next draw. Since an elected government that vetoes the policy counts as a failed government we are in real trouble.

Remember, the next 3 Presidents are

PMush
Capn
CPig

One of those three is almost certainly a fascist and it's entirely possible that two of them are. A fascist president is going to pass 2F unless they draw both the liberal cards in the deck. And a fascist President obviously isn't going to veto anything if they pass 2F.

If a liberal president selected a fascist chancellor, and passed 1L1F we lose because it will either be Hitler or the fascist would enact 6F and of course not veto.

The only way to win here is ensure that we have both a liberal President and a liberal Chancellor. If the president picks 1L2F then he can pass 1L1F and the liberal chancellor can enact 5L to win.

We can't actually move past CPig here. If we elect PMush/? and it has to veto, then we can't skip past both Capn and CPig without drawing the top card which might actually be the better play at that time.

And if we skipped PMush and elected Capn and he had to veto, then we are at 2 failed governments and we have to accept CPig and hope or skip him and take the top card.

If we skipped all the way to CPig and he had to veto, then it would be the 3rd failed government and the top card would immediately be drawn.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

TMMadman posted:

You have been an rear end in a top hat whining about decorum all game long.
I mean I haven't played a game in TG in a while but is "don't be personally insulting to other players in the game, you remember, a game is something we all play to have fun" that big an ask these days? If it is I'm sorry for all your sakes I guess.

Seriously this is loving toxic and I'm done, this is... why would anyone willingly play here? Wow.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I will say that there is a very slim chance that all three of them could be liberal, but I'm not putting any money on it.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

CapnAndy posted:

I mean I haven't played a game in TG in a while but is "don't be personally insulting to other players in the game, you remember, a game is something we all play to have fun" that big an ask these days? If it is I'm sorry for all your sakes I guess.

Seriously this is loving toxic and I'm done, this is... why would anyone willingly play here? Wow.

I haven't been insulting in this game until the end of it. And I'm only directing my ire at you because of your attitude during this game.

You've honestly been insulting in a much more demeaning and condescending way. KB was not at all being rude or inconsiderate at all early in the game, but you just kept hounding him about being mean to you.

Essentially, I'm being a deliberate rear end in a top hat to you at this point because you've brought it on yourself.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Capn, at this point, I think/hope you are just being an rear end in a top hat because you are a fascist and trying to throw people off their game. If that's the case, I'll say nice job at the end of the game regardless of the outcome.

But if you are a liberal, I think you will really need to examine your actions and attitude this game.

And frankly, if being called an rear end in a top hat during an internet forum game gets your underwear in a twist, then maybe you shouldn't be on the internet. I'm not personally calling you an rear end in a top hat in real life, I'm saying that in this game you've been the rear end in a top hat, not KB and not me (at least not until just recently).

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
And that's all I'm going to say to/about Capn for the rest of this game.

I'm not putting him on ignore, but I'm going to do my best to just not acknowledge him for the rest of the game.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Probably AA and Capn, but I accept the possibility that one of them is just infuriating and bad. Assuming there's no smart fascists left is a terrible idea.

I don't feel safe nominating anyone but you, TMM, or MAYBE kumba, but only if the alternative is getting rejected.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

PMush Perfect posted:

Probably AA and Capn, but I accept the possibility that one of them is just infuriating and bad. Assuming there's no smart fascists left is a terrible idea.

I don't feel safe nominating anyone but you, TMM, or MAYBE kumba, but only if the alternative is getting rejected.

This is nonsensical. You have literally spent entire days in this game getting facts wrong. How anyone could take anything you have to say as something other than pandering or mindless pantomime is beyond my understanding.

You aren't Hitler but you're definitely not a liberal. There's no way you can be. Having been corrected about multiple things to the point of it being comical.

Don't be led here.

@EVERYONE:

Facts you need to reconcile and just deal with:
Byers fascist
Pig is fascist

Rethink the game.

Who are the remaining fascists? Who is Hitler?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

This is nonsensical. You have literally spent entire days in this game getting facts wrong. How anyone could take anything you have to say as something other than pandering or mindless pantomime is beyond my understanding.

You aren't Hitler but you're definitely not a liberal. There's no way you can be. Having been corrected about multiple things to the point of it being comical.

Don't be led here.

@EVERYONE:

Facts you need to reconcile and just deal with:
Byers fascist
Pig is fascist

Rethink the game.

Who are the remaining fascists? Who is Hitler?

You realize after those two there is only one fascist left? And from your personal perspective it has to be one of Capn/PMush/kumba/DB/me.

Unless you personally want to believe that somehow the fascist team is KB/RF/Byers/CPig and Byers for some reason shot 2 fascists, then KB/RF must be liberal/fascist respectively..

And at this point, it doesn't matter who Hitler is because if Hitler gets to be President, he can still force 2F along and not veto the government and win the game.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I forgot about RF with my incredulous disbelief of mush. Add them to the equation and that's 3 fascists who is Hitler out of byers and mush

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Why do you not think it's CapnAndy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

for like the millionth time being wrong or failing to read the game doesn't make you scum, this is an incredibly poor argument

Byers as Hitler, fascists are probably AA/Andy and someone. I'm not convinced RF was actually fash. If it wasn't him it's probably DB, I don't think it's pmush or tmm

• Locked thread