Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

So you could literally get trapped in there if you didn't have any bombs/keys?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

Nah, waiting around for a few minutes in a room will open the doors.

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

:woof:
Maybe it only spawns if you have the keys or a flight method? I don't know if the game can check for that. I had a hanged man card so I just used that.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

kemikalkadet posted:

Maybe it only spawns if you have the keys or a flight method? I don't know if the game can check for that. I had a hanged man card so I just used that.

I haven't come across a room I had to wait for the doors to open in a long while.

What pisses me off is going into a tiny room and getting immediately swarmed with unavoidable damage.

the popular kids
Dec 27, 2010

Time for some thrilling heroics.
I can't get a picture right now but what about those rooms that are full of rocks blocking any exits, but have strategically placed bombs to pick up and bomb your way through? Theoretically you could gently caress it up and not get to the exit, and that would be a run-ender.

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

the popular kids posted:

I can't get a picture right now but what about those rooms that are full of rocks blocking any exits, but have strategically placed bombs to pick up and bomb your way through? Theoretically you could gently caress it up and not get to the exit, and that would be a run-ender.

I think those are always dead-ends?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

the popular kids posted:

I've never seen a room with doors completely blocked by rocks.

the popular kids
Dec 27, 2010

Time for some thrilling heroics.
https://i.redd.it/ffg6lxf699ey.png

Similar to this (not this one exactly). I've personally encountered the room and seen it on a few different Twitch streams. Now I've never gotten stuck of course because if you use the bombs they give you, then you can get through, but I guess if you were to grab a bomb and leave to use it somewhere else you are hosed.

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.

I should not have eaten all those pills....

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

the popular kids posted:

Similar to this (not this one exactly). I've personally encountered the room and seen it on a few different Twitch streams. Now I've never gotten stuck of course because if you use the bombs they give you, then you can get through, but I guess if you were to grab a bomb and leave to use it somewhere else you are hosed.

Ohhhh yeah I've seen that. Weird. It's been a long time.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

the popular kids posted:

I think that player is hosed. Normal bombs can only blast through 2 sq of rocks, and there's 3 between him and the next bomb. The game would be soft locked, unless they can find another bomb and bomb through the secret room/the rest of the room.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Psychedelicatessen posted:

I think that player is hosed. Normal bombs can only blast through 2 sq of rocks, and there's 3 between him and the next bomb. The game would be soft locked, unless they can find another bomb and bomb through the secret room/the rest of the room.

Yeah only option is to take the free bomb, get into the secret room and hope there's another bomb pickup in the secret room

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

the popular kids posted:

It's also worth noting that any of those bombs can spawn as troll bombs and similarly gently caress you. It's weird that so many rooms have been "fixed" but this one comes from OG Isaac and can still bone you.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

hey everyone just wanted to let you know i beat delirium with the lost last night. my first lost clear at all!

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
I haven't seen that room in hundreds of hours. Is it still in the game?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

YOU JUST HAD TO GO AND SAY SOMETHING

InterrupterJones
Nov 10, 2012

Me and the boys on the way to kill another demon god
I don't know how much of this is considered spoilers anymore, so...whatever.

I finally beat Delirium today, with Apollyon of all characters. Feels like the only way to really kill it is with an absurd build. In my case, it was getting Tech X tears, a bunch of tears up mostly thanks to The Sad Onion, and Cricket's Head after already getting The Mark and Death's Touch. Are there any other strategies that people commonly try and achieve? I want to beat Delirium with everyone else of course, but have no idea what to try and get with who.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

InterrupterJones posted:

I finally beat Delirium today, with Apollyon of all characters. Feels like the only way to really kill it is with an absurd build. In my case, it was getting Tech X tears, a bunch of tears up mostly thanks to The Sad Onion, and Cricket's Head after already getting The Mark and Death's Touch. Are there any other strategies that people commonly try and achieve? I want to beat Delirium with everyone else of course, but have no idea what to try and get with who.

The strategy for the lost or keeper is get tech x, brimstone or some other op build, then algiz (or two).

He's too unpredictable to handle any standard way. If you have long range, I think you do better staying wayyyyy away from him and accepting you don't exactly know where to aim and be very patient. Even then he has mom's foot phases.

InterrupterJones
Nov 10, 2012

Me and the boys on the way to kill another demon god

PostNouveau posted:

The strategy for the lost or keeper is get tech x, brimstone or some other op build, then algiz (or two).

He's too unpredictable to handle any standard way. If you have long range, I think you do better staying wayyyyy away from him and accepting you don't exactly know where to aim and be very patient. Even then he has mom's foot phases.

I haven't even begun to think about tackling that boss with Lost or Keeper yet. Funny enough, I just did an Azazel run, ended up getting actual Brimstone in a devil room (lol) along with Brimstone and Purity set to boost tears, and eventually achieved Guppy while in The Void. Turns out that works pretty well too. :v:

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I beat Boss Rush, Hush and Delerium with Lost in one run.

I don't recall the exact build but it had Pyro, Epic Fetus and a hundred bomb upgrades.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

my lost clear of delirium the other day was predicated on brimstone, the homing spoon gimmick, and the book of the dead. basically i stacked a million bone fragments around my dude by clearing every other room in the void. i also had the defensive mask and got the 9 lives cat from one of the other void boss rooms but didnt actually lose any lives on it

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

The memorial day daily run is today (good job Nicalis); if you want to get ahead of the competition, the basement 2 secret room has a shovel, which leads to a black market where you can purchase Hive Mind and a Blue Candle.

Also this should be common sense but don't take Guillotine. I was tempted by the damage up (for the hive mind flies) and it's fun to use as an orbital, but lost track of my holy mantle and died to some masks of infamy

Wugga
Oct 30, 2006

I BEAT MEAT

the popular kids posted:

I've been to this room dozens, maybe hundreds of timed. I've never been trapped like that.

Can't wait for that poo poo to happen on a daily.

mirror123
Jan 17, 2006
rice barrel
One way to cheese delirium is to get the leaf that makes you invincible when you stand still and then get a bunch of rotating flies and familiars and go grab a burger

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Just make sure to play with a keyboard, or at least a controller with an adequate dead zone, or else you do what lost me a run and try to stop moving only to slowly creep forward just enough to not trigger the leaf before getting hit.

That Which Squeaks
Aug 28, 2006

"Good. Use your aggressive feelings, boy. Let the hate flow through you."
-Bill Belichick
Well, I'm back on the train. I started with the original, Platinum God in Rebirth, and did everything if Afterbirth except Keeper runs, was pretty burnt out after all that. Dropped away for since then and haven't thought about it until I saw someone on Twitch mention the booster packs just finished which I knew literal 0 about. Gonna grind out 100% if it kills me. Took today to beat Greedier and Delirium with the Lost, and was surprised both builds were obviously very good, but definitely not the tradition broken kind. Greedier was just high rear end damage, no Guppy, and good dodges, and Delirium was pretty much carried by Glass Cannon until I got great damage and Guppy, and was able to smash him until I could Algiz the rest.

This game is still stupid good, and my hands hurt for the first time in a long time.

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

:woof:

Yeah the starting room was the one with the adjacent miniboss and curse rooms. The chest made it up with a deck of cards that dropped an emperor.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

kemikalkadet posted:

Yeah the starting room was the one with the adjacent miniboss and curse rooms. The chest made it up with a deck of cards that dropped an emperor.

Look at this wuss who never checked the cursed room.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Super No Vacancy posted:

hey everyone just wanted to let you know i beat delirium with the lost last night. my first lost clear at all!

I just did this. I cheesed the poo poo out of it with Ventricle Razor when I took damage, but got him with Guppy, Proptosis, Death's Touch and a bunch of damage+.

Stupidly cheesed Ultra Greedier too with Daddy Longlegs and Gnawed Leaf. Boss Rush was done with one hit with Lil' Brimstone + Box of Friends. All I have left is Mega Satan which should be much easier (worst case, just Chaos Card him).

Feels Villeneuve fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Jun 15, 2018

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

InterrupterJones posted:

Identifying I'm Drowsy is a big, big help, though you can still get hosed over by telefragging. PHD/Virgo will increase the chances of getting it because it changes some bad pills into I'm Drowsy. Honestly if your damage is decent, that pill is almost a guaranteed win unless you have no health or you're Lost/Keeper.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Feels Villeneuve posted:

All I have left is Mega Satan which should be much easier (worst case, just Chaos Card him).

Yeah, I feel like getting to mega satan is usually more of a pain in the rear end than actually beating him. I've done it with everyone, but that took runs and runs of a second angel room not turning up to let me get the second half of the key (one I still remember I finally got the second angel room... only to realise I didnt have any bombs), spamming a deck of cards to try and get a get out of jail free card. In comparison, killing him can be ridiculously quick if you have good damage, and fairly safe if you have orbitals. Sidenote: Remember you that chaos card only kills one of his forms, so dont be like me and throw the card and put down the controller because you forgot.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I don't think I've ever naturally gotten to Mega Satan, every time it was either a free key piece from an angel statue in a super-secret room or Dad's Key. It's a pain as the Lost unless you get Duality because you have to skip devil deals.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I don't think I've ever naturally gotten to Mega Satan, every time it was either a free key piece from an angel statue in a super-secret room or Dad's Key. It's a pain as the Lost unless you get Duality because you have to skip devil deals.

It absolutely is. If you havent done the "speed" challenge yet, I would advise it, because unlocking the "get out of jail free" card gives you at least another option for getting his door open. I've double checked my previous posts in the thread, turns out when I beat Mega Satan with The Lost it was literally picking up a starter deck on floor one and having it finally spit out a get out of jail free card in the cathedral.

As an aside, having looked back I am now amused with the pattern of my posts in this thread. Its pretty much "I've just done a thing. I think I'm probably done, the next thing seems impossible." (a while later) "I've finally done the next thing! But yeah, thats me, there's no way I can do the new next thing" repeated over and over.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I thought everything would be impossible as Lost, weirdly enough I found him a reasonably good character because Flight + Spectral and not having to worry about attrition (versus just not getting hit twice in the same room) isn't really that bad except against the end-game bosses. Obviously this was different before he got buffed.

Isaac still stinks, Lost is the only character where if I'm not going for any unlocks, I'll generally go to Sheol over Cathedral (unless I want to do something really silly like Tarot Cloth + Rune of Jera in The Chest)

Feels Villeneuve fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Jun 15, 2018

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.
The most reliable way to get to Mega Satan is sacrifice rooms, preferably with the help of Wafer, Percs, lots of heart containers plus a floor full of heart drops, lots of extra hearts from something like Satanic Bible, etc. I think I've gotten Mega Satan the "normal" angel room way only once out of dozens of times: to beat him with Lost, since he can't do sacrifice rooms.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I've gotten to Mega Satan a good few times using the normal method. The Angel Room item pool getting buffed helped a lot for that.
I only recently learned about the the Sacrifice Room method and kicked myself for not finding out about this earlier

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

DontMockMySmock posted:

The most reliable way to get to Mega Satan is sacrifice rooms, preferably with the help of Wafer, Percs, lots of heart containers plus a floor full of heart drops, lots of extra hearts from something like Satanic Bible, etc. I think I've gotten Mega Satan the "normal" angel room way only once out of dozens of times: to beat him with Lost, since he can't do sacrifice rooms.

Yeah, this is how I always do it. You can even get risky because one of the possible rewards from the higher tiers of sacrifices is "a shitload of soul hearts".

Wugga
Oct 30, 2006

I BEAT MEAT

PostNouveau posted:

Yeah, this is how I always do it. You can even get risky because one of the possible rewards from the higher tiers of sacrifices is "a shitload of soul hearts".

The real kicker is when you take the shot at 2 hearts and you get 30 coins instead.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Mr. Me can also open the door, and it's a shop room item that's fairly easy to get.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I have Head of the Keeper as Azazel and I can't pick up the golden horseshoe. What gives?