Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Silver Falcon posted:

This is aces, thank you! Sheik is my main so I am totes trying this! I think she just hit level 30 so I can bump her up a few levels with rupees then tear poo poo APART! :black101:

I know Master Sword Link is the go to "busted af" character but I find that boring. Speaking of the Master Sword though, what are the requirements for unlocking its skills now? For the first one I would assume... Level 3 weapons for all characters? Does that include the later unlocks like Ravio, or just up to the Master Quest map?

In the WiiU version, I believe it was all L3 weapons for the original non-DLC cast, but I don't know if that changed for this release. Considering how spread apart everyone's stuff is, it'll be a bummer if you basically have to complete all 9 adventure maps just to power up the Master Sword.

Unrelated, holy poo poo is Young Link amazing for the KO Competition missions. I just did the one to unlock Medli and I was basically in Fierce Deity mode the whole mission racking up 800+ kills in one go. I can't wait to get the 3rd special bar and longest focus spirit boost on him because he's so much fun as an overkill character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I am having way too much fun with Linkle and now that I hear she has a second weapon I need to beeline that poo poo.

ScentOfAnOtaku
Aug 25, 2006

I have no control, I just keep eating, and eating.
I finished the first Linkle misson and thought it was pretty fun but wanted to focus on the main story for a bit. When I went back to play her next one, I was amazed how much I loved her style. Those crossbows are intense and I was dropping everything like nothing. May be my new favourite.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
sheik is so busted as a character that it feels like a joke on the devs' part

"why yes she does have some of the best officer-killing potential of the OG cast and she does have some of the highest agility and highest attack power and this one technique of hers does make her invulnerable with no downside, why do you ask"

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

Rirse posted:

I know this is the Hyrule Warriors thread, but I haven't gone back to Fire Emblem Warriors after I tried to do the map that lets you recruit Ana even through I was underlevel. It was a pain to kill anything but I did manage to beat everyone and was hitting the time limit when I beat the captain at the enemy base when the map refused to end and had another boss you need to kill appear and I ran out of time fighting them. Like why did it even have a time limit to begin with.

At least HW didn't throw 'oh here is a map where you need to be level 70' on the first drat map like FEW did.

Have you heard of the Reward Map? That's basically Hyrule Warriors's version of Anna missions and they require endgame levels to beat (+ in the original and Legends, the damage taken limit was like the early missions and not the red square missions) and feature stuff like bosses appearing after another boss and the like.

EDIT:

Oxxidation posted:

sheik is so busted as a character that it feels like a joke on the devs' part

"why yes she does have some of the best officer-killing potential of the OG cast and she does have some of the highest agility and highest attack power and this one technique of hers does make her invulnerable with no downside, why do you ask"

When you're just starting out, that is basically Sheik in a nutshell. hard-hitting, invulnerable, and with fast attacks.

But then she starts to lose a bit of her luster when you hit the endgame/postgame, when enemies in general start hitting hard and down your shield in one hit. at that point, her low damage starts to tank her damage output as well and she can't rely on her special to get high damage like the others because Sheik has the weakest special in the game (because you can technically spam it). And her best damage dealer at that point requires her to set it up or it's going to be rather useless. That said, postgame she's still better than a lot of the others, even though she is no longer the best character.

Folt The Bolt fucked around with this message at 00:02 on May 28, 2018

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

YggiDee posted:

Your capacity of fairies goes up when you clear out the 'boss' of each Adventure Map, I'm pretty sure. I've got eleven fairies in Legends. And there is a good reason to keep collecting fairies once you've reached the cap-

If you raise a fairy to level 25 or 50, and then replace it with a new one you picked up, the fairy leaves behind a small or large 'gratitude crystal'. Gratitude Crystals are your best food source and raise all your stats by a shitton. Gratitude Crystals are probably the only way to get enough stats for the rainbow skills.

Is there a good fairy guide on youtube anywhere? I've cleared about half the first adventure map and have a grand total of 1 fairy and 3 pieces of food.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Folt The Bolt posted:

When you're just starting out, that is basically Sheik in a nutshell. hard-hitting, invulnerable, and with fast attacks.

But then she starts to lose a bit of her luster when you hit the endgame/postgame, when enemies in general start hitting hard and down your shield in one hit. at that point, her low damage starts to tank her damage output as well and she can't rely on her special to get high damage like the others because Sheik has the weakest special in the game (because you can technically spam it). And her best damage dealer at that point requires her to set it up or it's going to be rather useless. That said, postgame she's still better than a lot of the others, even though she is no longer the best character.

her fire seal is probably one of the best officer killers in the game because the AI is too stupid to guard against an attack on a time delay

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Oxxidation posted:

her fire seal is probably one of the best officer killers in the game because the AI is too stupid to guard against an attack on a time delay

Personally, the start-up on that one is so long that the officer will 9 times out of ten have left it's range if you do not set it up. It's not as spamable or as versatile as some other "power" attacks.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
I finally managed to clear my way to a drat square with an ice arrow card.

At last, Tingle can learn violence. :unsmith:

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Is Volga's C4 just completely invincible when he gets into dragon form?

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Tae posted:

Is Volga's C4 just completely invincible when he gets into dragon form?

Yes. His C5 makes him invincible once he turns into a dragon, and he stays invincible up until he transforms back.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Also super loving fun is Marin. I didn’t know a bell could cause so much damage.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Yeah, she's fun.

I'm not sure how I feel about the Wind Waker map so far. I'm liking the actual missions, but the way the items are distributed seems really dumb.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Dreading doing the first adventure map with Fi with several Imprisoned.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
That one kicked my rear end a whole bunch until I just played it super-safe. Just didn't use anything but the basic Y combos on his toes because inevitably I'd be animation-locked the second I hit X and lose all my health to the dumb stompy fuckers. What a terrible enemy, and a terrible place to fight one.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Is Sheik supposed to be 100 feet tall in this map.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Kongming posted:

I'm getting more of a kick of Midna just standing there totally limp. Like "welp"

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Ahahaha! I got her lv 4 weapon (haven't even gotten the lv 3) and immediately scanned my Sheik Amiibo. :unsmigghh: Yesssss. The world shall burn!

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Kongming posted:

Silver Falcon posted:

Ahahaha! I got her lv 4 weapon (haven't even gotten the lv 3) and immediately scanned my Sheik Amiibo. :unsmigghh: Yesssss. The world shall burn!

Think we know the answer now.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

What’s the best way to grind, if that’s even recommended? For materials? Levels?

Still really not feeling this last Wind Waker map.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Pollyanna posted:

What’s the best way to grind, if that’s even recommended? For materials? Levels?

Still really not feeling this last Wind Waker map.

Just play the game, chug the occasional material potion and be liberal with the training dojo because some characters like Agatha or Volga are absolute misery to play as unless over leveled

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

How do you co op split screen with two hot cons? I’ve beaten the first level but don’t see an option

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Calaveron posted:

Just play the game, chug the occasional material potion and be liberal with the training dojo because some characters like Agatha or Volga are absolute misery to play as unless over leveled

Lol, what? Volga's like the most ezmode character in the game.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Zore posted:

Lol, what? Volga's like the most ezmode character in the game.

God help you if you accidentally C5 though

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

A MIRACLE posted:

How do you co op split screen with two hot cons? I’ve beaten the first level but don’t see an option

Press right stick on warrior select.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Ugh, I somehow sold my 4+ Shiek harp. I don't know how I did it because I usually scan over the skills before sending it to the sell list.

At least Shining Falcon's screenshot tells me one thing I was wondering: there are starred versions of 4+ weapons. Haven't had any 4+ harps drop since unlocking it 20 or so missions ago though.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

So there's this quiz mission on the first Adventure map where the rank A reward requires playing as Zant and the third quiz gives you an option between Ganondorf (the right answer) and... a Bokoblin.

I guess I'm not getting all the heart containers, but I'd still like to know how Zant of all characters can avoid doing area damage in that battle?

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Bongo Bill posted:

So there's this quiz mission on the first Adventure map where the rank A reward requires playing as Zant and the third quiz gives you an option between Ganondorf (the right answer) and... a Bokoblin.

I guess I'm not getting all the heart containers, but I'd still like to know how Zant of all characters can avoid doing area damage in that battle?

I boomeranged the Bokoblin, then just attacked Ganondorf with regular attacks and whatnot.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Folt The Bolt posted:

I boomeranged the Bokoblin, then just attacked Ganondorf with regular attacks and whatnot.

That makes sense, but it sounds like it would take forever. I'll come back with a better weapon.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Man Phantom Ganon is obnoxious to fight

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Bongo Bill posted:

That makes sense, but it sounds like it would take forever. I'll come back with a better weapon.

It does take forever, especially because Zant's specials are almost all AoEs. Just boomerang the bokoblin and pray because that's a really lovely quiz setup.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

So is there something I have to do in order to get item cards to drop in the Great Sea map? I can't buy any because none have dropped yet, and none of the battles I can attempt seem to drop one, and they all have something I need to search for. Am I gonna have to do battles without searching first, or is my game bugged, or what? I want to unlock Medli.

Edit: yes, I did have to clear a battle without searching in order to proceed past and get the item I needed to do the search. It must have been awful to play this mode without the item shop.

Bongo Bill fucked around with this message at 11:35 on May 28, 2018

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Bongo Bill posted:

It is an extremely trollish mission because it's equivalent on the OG Hyrule Warriors had Midna instead.

By the time I attempted it on this version, I had Zant's Lv. 2 weapon (with 5 stars) so it ended up being alright, but God was this a pain to deal with on Legends when I didn't know about it.

Calaveron posted:

Man Phantom Ganon is obnoxious to fight

He is the only Giant Boss in the game besides the Imprisoned that do not require items. It's no surprise he's one of the second-most annoying ones.

For the uninitiated, for the first phase, you must swat the projectiles he fires at you back at him (the lightning ball must be done multiple times, the dark ball barrage only needs to be done once). For the second phase when he takes out the second sword, you must dodge behind him and attack three times consecutively to down him.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
If you're using Linkle, tap the Strong Attack button while you don't have the meter charged and she'll flip down her hood.

This is the most important game tip there is.

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot
Isn't that also the move where she makes the "item get" noise? That's also vital info.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Bongo Bill posted:

So is there something I have to do in order to get item cards to drop in the Great Sea map? I can't buy any because none have dropped yet, and none of the battles I can attempt seem to drop one, and they all have something I need to search for. Am I gonna have to do battles without searching first, or is my game bugged, or what? I want to unlock Medli.

Edit: yes, I did have to clear a battle without searching in order to proceed past and get the item I needed to do the search. It must have been awful to play this mode without the item shop.

That map really likes making you play missions before it's possible to get their search reward, for some reason.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Bongo Bill posted:

It was a miserable slog and the item card shop is low key the best new feature in this game!

Oh to reveal the enemies on this square I need a Goddess Harp.

This square has a Goddess Harp but to get to it I need Ice Arrows.

OK this square has Ice Arrows but it has a reward unlocked by bombs. OK might as well get that reward while I'm at it.

Where are some bombs... oh I also need a Compass. What square has a Compass...

Repeat forever. It sucked.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Anyone know of a good mission to farm up some Redead Bandages? I'm constantly out and I feel like they drop weapons every time I see them.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Bongo Bill posted:

Is that the one that asks you to defeat the "horse rider"? I got that wrong the first time because Ganondorf rides a horse in some cutscenes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Bongo Bill posted:

If you can, get a bud to play another character to take out Ganondorf while you chain stun the bokoblin.