Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Has this game gone on sale yet, on Steam? I'll definitely get it next sale, now that I'm finally starting to play Warhammer: Vermintide 2 a bit less.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rardge Rardge
Jan 20, 2017
When is this game supposed to collapse into an unplayable mess? I'm playing on PS4, and up to now I only had one issue, falling through the world geometry as I tried to clamber out of a river. This has been in roughly 15 hours of game time, I just started Mysterious Ways. I was expecting Fallout 3/NV/Skyrim (PS3) levels of jank based on word of mouth/reviews. Am I in the clear or does Bohemia eventually fold in on itself?

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Wafflecopper posted:

Who the gently caress likes inventory management

It's one of the great myths of cRPG that intrusive inventory design is a design feature. You will get a bunch of angry fanboys screaming bloody murder if you try to make a cRPG with streamlined inventory management.

Also it's worth noting that the chief developer of this game struck success with a game that was designed specifically to be as annoying about menial details as possible (Mafia)

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

Rardge Rardge posted:

When is this game supposed to collapse into an unplayable mess? I'm playing on PS4, and up to now I only had one issue, falling through the world geometry as I tried to clamber out of a river. This has been in roughly 15 hours of game time, I just started Mysterious Ways. I was expecting Fallout 3/NV/Skyrim (PS3) levels of jank based on word of mouth/reviews. Am I in the clear or does Bohemia eventually fold in on itself?

Even in the early days things were pretty stable through the assault on the bandit fort going into act 2 where you fight the guy who stole the sword. After that ymmv.

There were a couple of broken quests, like the one where you are collecting the song birds southwest of Rattay (do it without saving or game breaks) and a couple of others. I never had any game-breaking bugs, personally. :v:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
So how's the game now, patch-wise? I shelved it a few weeks after launch, should I keep waiting or has it stabilized?

e: I never had many stability/bug issues, wondering more about whether they've done much general balancing/changes/additions

Festus The Fetus
Mar 8, 2010
Has anyone else in the thread become a master huntsman? It's my first title I've earned in the game and it was a rare achievement. I'm still really enjoying this game and it seems to get less buggy the longer I play.

Festus The Fetus fucked around with this message at 17:46 on May 27, 2018

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
The biggest thing Im waiting on for this game is better performance. I get that its a gorgeous Cryengine game, but I get like 20 FPS in Rattay with a GTX 1080. poo poo shouldnt be that poorly optimized. :mad:

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

Siets posted:

The biggest thing Im waiting on for this game is better performance. I get that its a gorgeous Cryengine game, but I get like 20 FPS in Rattay with a GTX 1080. poo poo shouldnt be that poorly optimized. :mad:

There were some console codes you could use to fix the Rattay issues, but one specifically, in the swordsmith iirc, won't go away because of a bad texture or something.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro
Oh hey, speaking of: DLC roadmap announced: https://www.pcgamer.com/kingdom-come-deliverance-unveils-dlc-roadmap-three-new-stories-due-this-year/

quote:

The DLC roadmap, which you can see at the bottom of this post, doesn't give release dates for individual pieces of DLC, but tells you roughly when they're due out. From the Ashes is up first, and it'll grant you control of an abandoned village that you have to build back up to its former glory. That will be shown off at E3, and it's due this summer alongside a free Hardcore Mode.

Two more story DLCsThe Amorous Adventures of Bold Sir Hans Capon and Band of Bastardsare due before the end of the year, as are combat tournaments. We'll also get two new videos: a "making of" documentary and "Combat Academy", which will presumably help you get better at fighting off enemies.

The fourth story DLC, A Woman's Lot, will arrive early next year, as will modding support. A Woman's Lot will be free for early crowdfunding supporters.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Oh God, that Sir Hans DLC will probably be hilarious.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

precision posted:

Oh God, that Sir Hans DLC will probably be hilarious.

Between that and presumably a playable Theresa/actual end to her story Im sold.

Siets posted:

I have an objectively shittier GPU than you but never get any fps issues on ultra, its all smooth sailing. There is something wonky with this games optimization.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
Is this game pretty dependent on a fast CPU or something?
Changing graphics settings doesn't seem to affect FPS very much for me. i5-2500K, GTX 970.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
I've shelved it, but i'm gonna go and complete this game probably in a month or two. Looks like they've kept up on working with it.

I don't see the inventory problems though, myself. Was a bit weird at first but I get it.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.

Siets posted:

PirateBob posted:

Is this game pretty dependent on a fast CPU or something?
Changing graphics settings doesn't seem to affect FPS very much for me. i5-2500K, GTX 970.

If you search this thread (or google for a ".ini" fix for KC:D) you should be able to find a fix that is a lifesaver; the default setting is pushing most of the load on the CPU instead of the GPU for some reason, resulting in very poor performances. Changing that setting alone I went from 30fps on medium to 45fps on ultra on a 970.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

That Italian Guy posted:

If you search this thread (or google for a ".ini" fix for KC:D) you should be able to find a fix that is a lifesaver; the default setting is pushing most of the load on the CPU instead of the GPU for some reason, resulting in very poor performances. Changing that setting alone I went from 30fps on medium to 45fps on ultra on a 970.

Thanks, I'll have a look. :)

So it's possible to put everything, including textures, to Ultra on a 970? It's only got 4GB of vram.

edit: can't find the ini fix you're talking about

PirateBob fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Jun 1, 2018

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

PirateBob posted:

So it's possible to put everything, including textures, to Ultra on a 970? It's only got 4GB of vram.

I quoted the ini fix somewhere in my post history for the thread, if you'd rather troll through something shorter.

Yeah, a lot of people were able to push things to ultra on 970s, but it chugs in the cities or with >5 dudes around. YMMV.

edit, I lied but here is Hiero's guide which has the user.cfg hacks under the Settings header: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1305878776

Toxic Fart Syndrome fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Jun 1, 2018

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.

PirateBob posted:

Apologies, it was user.cfg! And yeah, altough you'll have some frame drop in the large town. Outside that, you should be getting around 45fps if the rest of your rig is similar to mine (or more if you scale some settings down).

Edit: the Steam guide linked above should have everything; this is the exact final config I was using with my specs, plus a few before/after pics https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3848742&userid=188479#post481824558

E2: apparently it was everything set to high instead of ultra.

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 09:21 on Jun 2, 2018

Lemon
May 22, 2003

I picked this up on a whim today and have played a few hours, I've just found Sir Radzig and signed up with him. The one thing that has impressed me so far is the quality of the writing and characterisation. So far there seem to be a couple of straightforward good guys, a couple of arseholes and people in between. I've not really seen much of the villains but I'm struck by the lack of moustache-twirling straight-up bad guys at the moment. People actually seem like they have believable motives and reservations and are, for the most part, fairly reasonable. Most other games wouldn't have been able to resist throwing in a puppy-kicking sociopath for you to root against at this point. I'm hoping this continues!

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010
Hardcore Mode is out.
I wonder how they approached the combat re-balance.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

JamMasterJim posted:

Hardcore Mode is out.
I wonder how they approached the combat re-balance.

looks like they just removed the UI and made you get tired/hungry more

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

AxeManiac posted:

looks like they just removed the UI and made you get tired/hungry more

Hm. When I heard the lead Dev say they were making a hardcore mode, I figured theyd be replacing all the soldiers with unarmed students.

Pleasantly surprised this is not the case.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Finally got this for xbox one x at $30 off and have been very happy with stability/graphics so far. Basically no jank and looks good.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

So, the upcoming DLC is going to be a city builder/farming game or something?

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

John F Bennett posted:

So, the upcoming DLC is going to be a city builder/farming game or something?

Looks like an ~old-school~ build up a town from nothing. So it'll probably be like "do a quest to get a baker," then you build/repair the bakery and you get a new shopkeeper for your town.

So think Blood Moon (Raven Rock?) from Morrowind and not Sweetwater from FO4.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

Sounds fun to me!

I still have to return to the game at one point. I got to the patrolling part in the beginning and then I just stopped for some reason.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Did anyone else have Rocketeer break on them I literally cant finish the game because Tobias Fuckface wont build the goddamn trebuchet even after I bring Brian Blessed to his stupid rear end

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

In a similar vein: anyone know how to fix 'Keeping the Peace' if Nightingale won't show up at the Church?

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
Wait for the next, next patch to come out? I've pretty much given up on hoping anything gets fixed in this game.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

That bad? I haven't touched this since finishing it at launch and all the broken quests making GBS threads up my log were able to be completed finally. Seems like progress to me?

Although it also seems they fixed all those broken combat trait combos, because fights went from a series of one shot ripostes to me getting loving brutalized repeatedly.

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

This game gets a little frustrating. I just finished the prologue, got the ring, and was going to sell a bunch of nettles in town that I collected. I hold E instead of pressing it when trying to talk to the trader and get seen pick-pocketing. I try to surrender with G, but press F instead and kick a guard. I get one day for stealing and then when I'm serving that sentence, I get ten more days for starting a fight. Reloaded and lost ten minutes of my time.

BgRdMchne fucked around with this message at 07:57 on Jul 9, 2018

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

That's hilarious!

Did you tell the guard you pressed the wrong button?

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

John F Bennett posted:

That's hilarious!

Did you tell the guard you pressed the wrong button?

i tried threatening him while wearing a bunch of zero condition armor I used to escape the first castle, but no dice.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

BgRdMchne posted:

This game gets a little frustrating. I just finished the prologue, got the ring, and was going to sell a bunch of nettles in town that I collected. I hold E instead of pressing it when trying to talk to the trader and get seen pick-pocketing. I try to surrender with G, but press F instead and kick a guard. I get one day for stealing and then when I'm serving that sentence, I get ten more days for starting a fight. Reloaded and lost ten minutes of my time.

:five:

That actually sounds great and those 10 minutes were well spent.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
About 10 hours in, I'm loving this game, everything is hard but in the 'makes sense' way. Of course you can't aim a bow or sword fight, you're just some jabroni. Sense of accomplishment for even little stuff is incredible. Early on that mission with the Ginger kid those two bandits kept getting the best of me, I can't shoot arrows for poo poo, so I waited outside their camp until night and fell on them in their sleep and they were running around the forest in night gowns while I stabbed them merciless. It was a fine night.

Supreme Allah fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Jul 29, 2018

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost
Hah, 20 hours in and the console version is borked with the lock-picking. I don't do the thief/stealth style well but there are some quest thingies that need me to lock-pick and it seems basically impossible with an X-Box controller. I hemmed and hawed between PC and console, and just went console on a whim, but the console versions have apparently been gimped in many ways with no follow-up support. Well whatever, I'll just find a way to kill everyone without ever picking a single lock I guess.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Supreme Allah posted:

About 10 hours in, I'm loving this game, everything is hard but in the 'makes sense' way. Of course you can't aim a bow or sword fight, you're just some jabroni. Sense of accomplishment for even little stuff is incredible. Early on that mission with the Ginger kid those two bandits kept getting the best of me, I can't shoot arrows for poo poo, so I waited outside their camp until night and fell on them in their sleep and they were running around the forest in night gowns while I stabbed them merciless. It was a fine night.

You know you can just tell the Captain and he'll send some professional soldiers to help?

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

#vmp #opsec #kolmiloikka #happoo
Heh, every now and then this game seems to make sure Henry's feet stay on the ground. I got into a random bandit encounter near Skalitz where a dude is offering something along the road and I got off my horse since I thought it was a treasure map seller, except I got a "GET HIM BOYES :haw:" instead of a map and a huge loving throng of unwashed peasants with rocks, sticks and dicks jumps out of a bush. I'm not even exaggerating if I estimate there was around 10 of them. Naturally I went into full plate mail smug mode and thought I could take them but yeah, they surrounded me and quite literally machine gunned me down with a thousand cuts pokes of various manure smelling implements. I was pretty much out of stamina after first 0.5 seconds.

I think HC mode did that cause I got a faint recollection of bumping into that on normal mode and it was only 4 or 5 poors that time.

Also, how the exactly are you supposed to 100% the sabotaging during Nest of Vipers? I just gave up on trying to poison both food pots in the bandit part of the camp, there's just so many of them even in middle of the night. Cuman part of the camp was doable by just stealth murdering them all but bandits got too many pairs of eyes there. I ended up just poisoning one pot and burning down all arrows in front of their noses before running like all hell was after me.

Fewd fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Aug 9, 2018

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

I just killed literally everybody by alerting them all and standing in a tent killing them one at a time as they found their way in, and then strolled around sabotaging at my leisure.

Pretty sure it's impossible to get 100% sabotage by pure stealth

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Got this game a few days ago, enjoying myself so far. Definitely going to need that mod that makes you get dirty slower, I'm tired of putting on a new gambeson and looking like I've been sleeping in it for a week in my next conversation. So I walked through mud, how is it getting on my helmet?

Any serious fight so far has turned out to be a near-insurmountable wall that I hurl myself at repeatedly before realizing the puzzle solution the developers intended. Most recently it was the pair of Cumans that had kidnapped Hans Capon that killed me like 12 times until I realized hey, this mission is teaching you to use the bow on living things, maybe don't try dueling a dude while his friend pulls his own bow. Really looking forward to this unconquerable god-Henry level of play people are hyping.

I am also absolutely rubbish at lockpicking. I had to buy two at Talmberg on the assumption that the guards kept the armor in a chest, then a guard caught me immediately despite being nowhere near me at the time. Fortunately that was apparently the proper quest solution because once I got out of jail I was outside the portcullis. I later apparently broke both lockpicks on some random chest in Skalitz. I say apparently because I got no feedback, just a lot of wild vibration as I tried to turn the lock, a seemingly random failure message, and suddenly It told me I needed lockpicks. If that's the Very Easy difficulty, I don't want to try anything harder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost
That 1st Hans fight was when I started puffing out my chest, I barely survived but killed them both in melee on 1st try, and it felt like a ridiculous accomplishment.

Lock-picking is impossible on console and that's that.