Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Explopyro
Mar 18, 2018

Crosspeice posted:

Well that's a different way of healing our Pokemon. The Lucky Punch isn't usually obtainable unless you get lucky (hah) with wild hold items. It boosts Chansey's crit ratio by two stages, which is pretty useless. The Lucky Egg is, as you'd expect, what wild Chansey have a chance of holding.

Are you sure this is what you intended to say? The Lucky Punch doesn't appear as a wild held item, this one here is the only way to get it in gen 3 (okay, there's also one in XD). Not that that matters, because it's such a useless item, I've never been able to think of a reason to use it. I'd have loved to have had it on gen 1 Chansey, of course.

The wild held items were actually a pretty neat idea, even if the implementation is questionable since they've specified so many of them on things that never appear in the wild. Some of the things that are available are still pretty good, though, and they keep tweaking it in later gens. And it's way too much fun swiping held items off trainers, it's a shame that went away in later games.

I really like the Elite Four rematches in FR/LG, the new teams end up being a lot more interesting to fight.

Edit: new page, go back for Crosspiece's LP update if you missed it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
I agree that FR/LG just aren't that great. I remember being underwhelmed by them when I first played them. I would have been in middle school then, I think, and I wasn't exactly a critical consumer of media then.

I think part of it is the games didn't do enough to make Kanto interesting. RSE were fresh, new and exciting, and FR/LG just weren't. I don't think I've ever replayed them, while on the other hand I played thousands of hours of RSE.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
FR/LG are just RBY with a fresh coat of paint and a few additional boring maps. RS are at least in a new region and E is at least trying to add more story to the series.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I really like the remakes. I'd rather play FR/LG over R/S and I'd rather play HG/SS over D/P. Emerald is different enough to get its own ranking and I disliked Diamond so much that I've never actually played Platinum. I'm told it's better though and I'll just take everyone's word for it.

I hope I'm not missing a joke here, but wasn't there an E-reader deal to get Ho-oh and Lugia in Gen 3? Did I make that up?

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
I definitely agree with you about HG/SS over D/P. I was actually thinking of trying a Platinum run, since I've never played it before and I'm itching to play Pokemon.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

SonicRulez posted:

I really like the remakes. I'd rather play FR/LG over R/S and I'd rather play HG/SS over D/P. Emerald is different enough to get its own ranking and I disliked Diamond so much that I've never actually played Platinum. I'm told it's better though and I'll just take everyone's word for it.

I hope I'm not missing a joke here, but wasn't there an E-reader deal to get Ho-oh and Lugia in Gen 3? Did I make that up?

You did. The only e-reader event ticket to get released was the Eon Ticket. The other tickets were exclusive to events that you had to use the wireless adapter for. Until I checked bulbapedia, I didn't even know the Mystic ticket was given away in america at all, though the Old Sea Map remained japan exclusive.

Europe, of all places, did get an exclusive Lugia & Ho-oh give away to gen 3 games in 2006, but Japan & America had to use the ticket.

The only other way to get a legal Ho-oh in Gen 3 was to capture & purify all shadow pokemon, then complete the Mt Battle Challenge (but not the one in the story!). The only way to get a legal Lugia was to capture & purify it in Gale of Darkness
Though since they were effectively event Pokemon, they don't count towards national dex completion in any of the gen 3 games or (surprisingly) DPt

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Explopyro posted:

Are you sure this is what you intended to say? The Lucky Punch doesn't appear as a wild held item, this one here is the only way to get it in gen 3 (okay, there's also one in XD). Not that that matters, because it's such a useless item, I've never been able to think of a reason to use it. I'd have loved to have had it on gen 1 Chansey, of course.

Yeah I was just referring to later gens where Chansey holds the Lucky Punch, since Gen 5 is when you get a free Lucky Egg during the story.

SonicRulez posted:

Mate Platinum is my 2nd favourite game in the series (behind B2W2, obviously) cause it fixes SO MANY of DP's problems. I only rank FRLG as my lowest since I don't count games that got an enhanced version, otherwise DP would be my least favourite games, no question, they're just so bad compared to Platinum and have a heap of problems on their own.

rannum posted:

Though since they were effectively event Pokemon, they don't count towards national dex completion in any of the gen 3 games or (surprisingly) DPt

Before HGSS Ho-oh and Lugia were only obtainable by bringing them from a Gen 3 game, which required Colo and XD, so they're only required in HGSS since you have to face them. They could've done something similar in ORAS with Deoxys, but neither it, Jirachi and Rayquaza are needed for the Hoenn Dex Diploma.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Crosspeice posted:

(behind B2W2, obviously)

you have good taste, my friend

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

rannum posted:

you have good taste, my friend

Agreed.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Part 34: The Battle Arena and Battle Tower

Battle Arena

With five Gold Symbols obtained, only two remain! While we used them momentarily in the Trainer Hill, let's meet the Pokemon we'll be using in the Arena!

Fresh from the Banana Wars, we've got DonkeyKong the shiny Slaking, by Dr. Fetus. As we know from the Battle Hall, Slaking is pretty drat amazing, so I expect great things from this big boy. Hyper Beam combos great with his ability and he's got some great coverage to wreck all kinds of mons.

Next up is RNGesus the Shedinja by Explopyro. Up against the right Pokemon, Shedinja are amazing, but there's a few ways to take one down, so hopefully we don't encounter too many of them. When the opponent can't touch us, we can just go to +4 and sweep, so it should be a lot of fun.

Finally, there's Emerl the shiny Registeel by Toyotasomi no Miko. With perfectly even attacking and defensive stats, let's see if a jack of all trades can work well. With a wide movepool with all kinds of coverage, I think we'll be just fine, able to whittle down lots of foes and taking little damage in return.

I welcome you to the BATTLE ARENA! I am your guide to the Set KO Torney! Now, do you wish to take the BATTLE ARENA challenge?

We won't need to think about this for a bit, but you should think about what order you submit your Pokemon.

Right, a Set KO Tourney. You remember this from the Fallarbor Battle Tent, right? If I remember, it kinda sucked.

DonkeyKong is going to have zero trouble in this first set. So much so that, uh, *checks*, yep, we don't use anyone else. Neat.

Right now all the KO Tourney is doing is creating more textboxes to skip over, like the Battle Dome did when its mechanics barely did anything.

However, the combination of Hyper Beam's 90% accuracy and Truant does make the end of the third turn come pretty quickly.

Alright, let's talk about the judging, cause it can be slightly bullshit. At the end of the 3rd turn, both Pokemon are graded in 3 categories. Mind is offensive style, one point for an attack that deals damage is chosen, excluding Fake Out, which deducts one point, or the countering moves and Bide, which award no points. One point is deducted if Protect, Detect or Endure are chosen. The highest scoring Pokemon gains two points in the overall judging.

Skill is accuracy, one point if an attack lands and two deducted if the move misses, unless it was by Protect, Detect, Endure, or Fake Out, in which case it doesn't. It contributes two points overall. Body is the HP remaining at the end of the round compared to where it was at the start of the judging, not the total HP the Pokemon can have. The better ratio wins two points and ties for any of the three categories win one point. If there's an overall point tie, both Pokemon faint.

Overall, if you just attack with accurate moves, then you'll do just fine in this facility as this system really stops stallers in their tracks. So just go all out and attack to gain the most points, though one or even two turns to boost your stats is fine too.

My dear challenger, in recognition of your indefatigable spirit, please accept these Battle Point(s).

Despite this facility being kinda tough since you can get screwed over by the judging at no fault of your own, the BP amount starts off ridiculously low.

Mmm, that's some nice coverage. When there's nothing super effective, then Thunderbolt has the highest BP and has the paralysis chance.

You can get bullshit like this. See, Clamperl used Dive to hit me, but by the end of third turn, Leftovers had healed everything back. No matter what, the battle ends after three turns, even if Pokemon are in the middle of an attack. So because I missed attacks due to Dive, we tied in Mind, lost to Skill and beat it in Body. Causing a tie.

Still, this gives RNGesus its time in the sun, let's go!

Goddammit, why does it have that???

Alright, here's another chance on the next battle. But here's a weird one, when I first sent out DonkeyKong this battle, he started by loafing around. I got very confused and I don't know why that happened, since he had yet to be sent out, or attack. Switching resets Truant regardless, so that was weird.

With Shedinja out, you start seeing mons with weird moves they really shouldn't have, but do. Oh well.

Not that it matters!

Fool, entry hazards only work when I switch in!

Hey look at that RNGesus beat all three Pokemon. We're on a roll!

Ah never mind.

We're in the fourth set now, so we should be thinking about our Pokemon order. See, your Pokemon are sent out in the order you chose them at the start, you can't choose who to send out when a Pokemon faints. This does mean you could face a nasty Pokemon that your third Pokemon takes on no problem, but you have to let your first and second faint before you can get to that point. It sucks.

Still, our team is doing pretty well. I think they're ready for the Frontier Brain. Probably.

It's a shame that was the only Silver Wind boost we got and it was on the last Pokemon.

We now would like you to face our leader, the ARENA TYCOON! A battle with the ARENA TYCOON! Are you prepared? The ARENA TYCOON! Make way for GRETA!

...wait, are you the challenger? Is that right? Hmm... hmhm... I don't know how to say it, but... to put it bluntly, you look pretty weak. Are you sure you're up for me? Hmm... well, all right! We'll take things easy to start with! Okay! Let's see you ignite my passion for battle!

VS Frontier Brain

Arena Tycoon Greta/Arena Captain Kogomi
From guts and great, and kogomi (ostrich fern).

You know, if Heracross had used Endure that turn, I might've been in trouble, since it has a move to hit RNGesus with. But it didn't, so lol, CB Slaking.

This Umbreon is tricky, as they're pretty tanky and it can try for some parafusion if you get unlucky.

But, uh, CB Slaking.

This is cheeky as gently caress though, you get this far in this facility and you just lose if you don't have a Shedinja counter. Or you had one, but the previous two Pokemon wore you down so the order of your Pokemon means you've used it already. Definitely have a Pokemon like this in the third slot to make your life easier.

I hope it's not max Speed like mine, or I might lose the Speed tie.

Okay phew. If Brightpowder had procced, I also would've been screwed, as Emerl doesn't have a move that goes through Wonder Guard.

Hmm... it's going to be fun the next time! I'm looking forward to it!

Battle Arena

Only three symbols left! Let's meet the last three mons of the Frontier challenge, since we already know the Battle Tower ones.

We've got Death Drag the shiny Salamence by Eeepies. It's, well, a Salamence with great coverage and Dragon Dance, how exactly could we go wrong? Sure, he's not a fan of Ice moves, but it doesn't take much to rip and tear through the opponents.

Then there's Nana the Granbull by GodofDiscord. We know what Granbull does and she'll hit incredibly hard, STAB Return is nothing to ignore and some emergency healing in RestoChesto is pretty drat nice.

Lastly, there's Bruce the Breloom by sebzilla, with a lot of Speed control, from a really hard hitting Mach Punch, to a Quick Claw, to Stun Spore. Giga Drain won't do too much damage, but it will take down those pesky Water/Ground types and when combined with Leech Seed, that equals a lot of healing. It's an interesting mishmash.

Let's dive right back in. With some hard hitting attacks, we should be able to take down all the various Group 3 Pokemon in our way.

Death Drag has some trouble here and there, but we're making some mad bank! Seriously what is with these numbers.

It's Nana's turn on the sixth set and she's pretty tanky too, able to withstand a rain boosted Hydro Pump, hot drat.

Bruce can do some damage under the right circumstances, so he's definitely a necessary part of the team.

Man I've had enough of these OHKO moves for one lifetime.

I've also had enough of Focus Band.

We're also getting some legendaries coming our way, but I think we can handle them.

Alright this time all of our Pokemon can take down Shedinja, since Bruce has Leech Seed, so we should be fine if Greta has one again.

Sure, I can take down a fellow psuedo-legendary, but fall to a Hypno. The Battle Frontier, everyone.

The 3 turn limit hasn't come up too much, so we're nearly done with this pretty normal battle facility. It's alright, but there's just not much to go over.

I was getting worried waiting for you! I was really looking forward to seeing you again! ... So, are you ready? I won't allow a halfhearted effort! Be ready for a thrashing! Come on, REFEREE! Let's get this started!

VS Frontier Brain

We don't have a CB Slaking, but Death Drag is pretty close, so this Umbreon should still be pretty easy.

It's looking like a close, but clean 2HKO, so let's not get confused!

Are you

loving KIDDING ME

Ah poo poo one of the only Pokemon in here that resists both of Bruce's moves. What are the chances?

Gengar are pretty scary, but I think we'll be alright, just gotta stall it out. In this facility. Hmm.

Ah never mind then, it's Nana's turn!

Please, even if you landed Hypnosis, the chance of you getting fully paraed and dying to Leech Seed was pretty good. Bruce put you in checkmate.

...ah, this might be a problem.

Never mind, the AI will just go for unprotected Focus Punches like a loving idiot. We win!

Way to kick her while she's down, Nana.

Battle Arena

If we ever battle again, I won't lose! Don't you forget it! Bye-bye!

Only one more Gold Symbol left to go! Man this has taken a while, but we're nearly done! The Battle Tower is our last facility.

Battle Tower

Like in every other facility, we can only face the Frontier Brain in single battles, despite having Double Mode and Multi Mode to play around in.

So the Battle Tower is what you expect, 3v3 battles, no items, Final Destination. It's pure battling with no gimmicks which means there's, uh, nothing to talk about here, but thankfully there will be other topics.

In recognition of your infinite talent, we award you these Battle Point(s).

First set goes like they always do, with our lead just absolutely wrecking. So much sun...

Hello, the name's DILLEN! I've been on the lookout for a POKEMON teacher. And with impeccably good timing, along came you, YUKI! So, there you have it, YUKI! Let me apprentice under you! Oh, yeah! That's a solid reply! Excellent, I might add! So, how about a first piece of advice on the BATTLE TOWER?

OK, A-OK! I'll go show my mettle, like, jam! All right, I'll look to you as my mentor! Adios!

Alright, let's talk about the Apprentice you can create in Emerald (since the Battle Tower was around in RS and has some similarities we'll go over later). Every day your apprentice will ask you certain questions as to what Pokemon they should use, what their battle style should be like and what challenge they should go for and when you've answered all of their questions, they'll head off and a new apprentice will take their place the next day. But your old apprentice will now appear on occasion in the Battle Tower, as a multi-battle partner, or as an opponent in the challenge you selected for them. It's pretty cool, but since I did a the Tower in one go, I didn't fancy coming back each day for a chance of seeing him. Oh well, still neat!

The rest of the Tower consists of our Pokemon wrecking fools and taking names, so let's go over the Battle Frontier! Is it worth your time? Is it fun? Are you a true Pokemon Master for getting all the Gold Symbols. The answer is... eh, maybe? I had fun with this place, sure, but I'm not in a hurry to play this again anytime soon. The only facility I'd bother with is the Battle Factory, surprise, surprise, but due to a glitch, past the eighth set, enemy Pokemon have random IVs, so it could be challenging, or piss easy. Yes this is related to the IV glitch of the Factory copying the Tower streak, but past set 8, the IV matching just breaks and becomes random. I don't get it.

Like, the different gimmicks in this Frontier can be pretty interesting (and also goddamn atrocious), but Gen 4 works a lot better, since seven facilities is just a bit too much. I can understand why this Frontier didn't come back in the remakes, making 7 different facilities in a LOT harder to do in 3D compared to 2D and ORAS only came out 1 year after XY and a lot of the team was being pulled into SM as well, so given enough time and money, I think they could've done it. But they didn't have enough of that. Time, I mean, GF have got more money than sense for the most part. I don't really miss it, but having the copypasted Battle Maison was a bit cheap.

After we take out the Frontier Brain I'll go over each individual facility, but even up against Group 3 Pokemon, just having no gimmicks is so nice and lets this team just go full ham without thinking about anything else.

She should be arriving very shortly. You will be facing the SALON MAIDEN. Are you prepared?

I am the SALON MAIDEN, and I am in charge of running the BATTLE TOWER... I have heard several rumors about you... In all honesty, what I have heard does not seem attractive in any way... The reason I've come to see you... well, there is but one reason... let me see your talent in its entirety...

VS Frontier Brain

Salon Maiden Anabel/Tower Tycoon Lila
From ability and lilas (French for lilac). The Battle Salon is where you choose who to bring with you in Multi Mode.

Alright, good start Pain Train.

Well it's a good thing Shadow Ball didn't get disabled.

Haha, did that crit even matter? Well who cares, we have our last big wall to take down.

Alright, who to send out next?

With the sun up, Bananagher has this in the bag, barring some freak item activation...

Using your Spell Card of Quick Claw just activated my Trap Card: Brightpowder!

Battle Tower

Your FRONTIER PASS, please... your talent shall be recognized.

You have confidence in your POKEMON battling talent, don't you? I urge you to keep battling and keep on winning. I will be waiting for you. Until the next time we meet...

"and swept seven TRAINERS!"

In recognition of your infinite talent, we award you these Battle Point(s).

We've got a full set of Silver Symbols, so before we go for Gold, let's see Scott.

Your FRONTIER PASS! You've collected the full set of silver symbols! That's more than impressive! You are tough, just as I suspected! Normally, I wouldn't do something like this, but this is a special time! I want you to have this. I'm sure you can put it to proper use.

I'm so glad I had the foresight to bring you here!

Five sets down, five sets to go. Getting all the Silver/Gold Symbols will get you some nice berries that are usually obtained by doing something crazy with the battle facility of that game. I think getting all Silver Symbols is a bit tougher than 100 straight wins like in other games, but hey, at least we got one.

Alright, let's talk about the best facility: the Battle Factory. Easily the one you should play more than any other, who gives a poo poo about all the hard work done by GF programmers, maybe they should've been less poo poo? Being able to use rental Pokemon is much better than spending forever grinding battle ready Pokemon, since there's no easy way to do that, so another point docked for the other facilities. You'd have to be real incompetent to gently caress up a rental facility. And I hope it's still many many years before I have to cover that lovely place.

Next is the Battle Pike and... it's alright. The Battle Pyramid is more interesting and more dynamic than it in every way, though, since the Pike is pretty easy to cheese when you know all the different results. I think having a few more battles and just more overall choice would make this facility more interesting. As it stands, it's alright.

You're finally about to face the 50th TRAINER. From here on, every time you beat seven TRAINERS in a row, your POKEMON will receive a commemorative RIBBON. Good luck!

When you finish the eighth set of either the level 50 or level 100 mode, every time you beat another set, you'll get ribbons on the Pokemon in your party. Any Pokemon in your team will get a ribbon, even if they didn't fight, or have never participated in the Battle Tower before, it's pretty neat and another reason to keep getting streaks in the RS Battle Tower if that's your thing.

Alright... the Battle Palace. What can I say about this fuckin place that I haven't already? It's an interesting idea, if nothing else, but man it is frustrating to play. 2004 AI really isn't the best and you just feel so powerless, since there's no strategy and you're just pressing A over and over with no other input. Maybe some QTEs might've worked, or some other interaction that gave you a chance to do something when your Pokemon did something dumb. Ah, whatever, at least something like this has yet to appear again in any capacity.

Here's what the level 100 ribbon looks like, since we won't be getting it on any of our other Pokemon. I also won't be going over all 27 ribbons you can get in this game, since Explopyro's Contest write-up goes into more detail than I ever will.

You beat over 50 TRAINERS in a row? That's fantastic! I want you to have this!

We'll be seeing Scott quite a bit this update since the Battle Tower has a lot of cool little rewards for various milestones, such as the shield decorations. Unlike the trophies in Gen 4, there's no Bronze Shield for beating 20 trainers in a row. Guess when we'll get the Gold Shield?

We'll use our first three mons for the ninth set, since they deserve a Ribbon too and can easily handle themselves (after a few resets, but that applies to every facility). Alright, the Battle Dome, it's pretty cool and short, otherwise its gimmick would overstay its welcome, since there's a lot of extra fluff you need to go through for battles that are pretty drat easy. Shame they don't do too much more with the whole tournament and huge crowd, but it was still early days. They do more with fans and that in future games, so I'm happy with that.

Alright, onto the tenth set!

Now the Battle Pyramid is pretty good, but man does it wear you out. I mean, I did do it all in one go, so that might be the problem, but it requires a lot of strategy and quick thinking. It's a bit too difficult towards the end, I think, since the wild Pokemon get a bit too nasty and the various trainers you face get really tough, but it was a lot of fun to go through. I think the default darkness is a bit much and maybe the encounter rate could be reduced and maybe really important items shouldn't be a dice roll if you get them or not. But man, just because of how different it is to the others, I think it's the facility you should go for after the Factory.

The fight for the final Symbol!

You've won straight matches to see me... I won't have to hold back against you... It's been too long now... too long since I've been able to battle without thinking about anything... Let's begin, shall we?

VS Frontier Brain

I will give the Battle Palace one more point in its favour: Spenser is the only Frontier Brain to never use RestoChesto, though technically this is RestoLum, so another of Anabel's Pokemon can use that strategy in this fight, but that seems a bit excessive.

We both do a lot of damage, but Raikou can take it a lot easier than Lurker.

Though as always, that strategy only works once!

That crit is gonna make the last Pokemon just a bit tougher, as Regis walled Latios no problem.

You could still be Chesto Berry, so let's hope not.

Ah you're Curse instead. That might be a problem, so we'll try and do as much damage as we can, since you might have Thick Fat.

But since the Poison has made you weak, Cap Falcon can finish the job!

Battle Tower

I have never had a POKEMON battle so enjoyable before... I wish I could battle with you again...

It is finished. You missed most of it, but I spent quite a while doing all of this as you'll see in a moment. For now, let's see Scott.

Your FRONTIER PASS! You've gathered up the full set of gold symbols! That's more than stupendous! You're incredible, just as I suspected! YUKI, you've got to accept this! I think you will be able to appreciate the value of my gift!

Ah, the final berry of the game (not counting the Enigma Berry at 43, but it's an e-Reader berry placeholder for now). It's not very good, but both those berries are just for completion's sake. You can grow them to get an unlimited number so you don't have to do something like this again.

But as you might have noticed when showing off all the Symbols, we got another Trainer Card star! Unlike Gen 4's Battle Frontier where you got absolutely nothing for all the Colour Prints, you actually get one more step towards full completion. Also note the time and the first Hall of Fame Debut. That's right, it took me nearly THIRTY HOURS to do all of the postgame stuff up to this point and we're still not done!

That's right, we're going back into the Battle Tower to get a 100 battle streak. We were at 70 from beating Anabel, so we just need to do four more streaks and then two additional battles after that. Easy. I did this offscreen, cause goddamn was it a chore.

There we go, as easy as that... Oh yeah, the Battle Arena! It's also alright, it only being three turns long per matchup does speed things along and the judging is interesting, if nothing else. Still, it's just a bit of extra fluff to stop it from being the Battle Tower and it really doesn't matter much if you just attack every turn and don't miss. So yeah, it's middling, along with the Dome, since it's not as boring as the Tower or the Pike, but not as interesting as the Factory or the Pyramid. The Palace is dead last of course, gently caress that place.

You beat over 100 TRAINERS in a row? That's ridiculously spectacular! You've got to have this!

There we go. We're done with the Battle Frontier. What a crazy place. Thank you to everyone who submitted, your Pokemon were an absolute blast to use, like always. Such a cool variety in strategies and mons that I think worked pretty well!

Overall, I think the Battle Frontier is nice, but not something I really miss. I imagine it's a LOT of work making something like this and I can understand why they went with relatively simple battle facilities from Gen 5 on. Still, I think battle facilities as GF make them are flawed regardless, so I hope they change it up eventually. And not like the Battle Agency, loving hell. The PWT and the Black Tower/White Treehollow are good, but not exactly perfect, so who knows what they come up with next. I'd be pretty happy if another Battle Frontier popped up, but I hope it was worth the huge amount of man hours necessary since hardly anyone will ever play it. You monsters.

Since we're absolutely overflowing with BP, let's spend it on cool poo poo and complete our Secret Base! Can you see a theme in the dolls I placed? But now, there's only one thing left to do in the game and that's to complete the Hoenn Dex, so let's go over the last six Pokemon we can't obtain in any other way aside from trading.

Like before, I'll just be catching them all in one go at the end of the LP instead of maybe catching them in more thematic locations during the postgame. Ah well, who cares?

Couldn't we have ended the LP without encountering ANOTHER physical Water type? With the double SpAtk from the DeepSeaTooth, Huntail just isn't very impressive compared to Clamperl, especially since it doesn't learn a single physical move through level up. Seems a little bit suspect. Still, it works alright as a special attacker, but then what's Gorebyss for? So you should use its Attack... except the only physical moves it gets are the standard Normal ones and Rock Tomb! That's seriously it. So mixed set it is, with Return, Hydro Pump, Crunch and Ice Beam. Seriously, I don't know what they were thinking with this mon. At least it keeps Clamperl's excellent Defense, but drat, Shell Smash was a real blessing for this poor fish.

While Clamperl prefers the DeepSeaTooth to the DeepSeaScale, Gorebyss at least gets the moves to make use of its stats, even if Attack is pretty much useless for it, as we just saw. However, unless you want to use some cool Psychic moves, there's not a huge reason to use Gorebyss over Clamperl, aside from getting around Species Clause? At least it can dish out some real damage, but it's too slow to really sweep, so this entire line needs Shell Smash then, huh? It even gets Shadow Ball, just to screw over Huntail even more, it's so baffling. The fact these are the last two normal Pokemon I'm doing in the LP just shows how much love they get overall, such an obscure line that needed a lot of buffs to even think about.

With that... we're nearly done with the Hoenn Dex! There's just one last Pokemon left to obtain. Now, what are we gonna do about that? Find out in the final update!

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I feel like I remember some event with Lugia and Ho-oh in some weird cave/tower hybrid. Navel Rock?

Epicmissingno
Jul 1, 2017

Thank gooness we all get along so well!
Why all the hate for the Battle Agency? I'm not trying to defend it, I just skipped US/UM so I know basically nothing about it.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

And then Anabel fell into a dimensional wormhole somehow.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
I am glad to see that Donkey Kong could continue committing war crimes in the Battle Frontier.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

One, Two, Three

Greta & the Battle Arena

Greta was #2. The personality they went with was basically what the game shows: determined, strong, generally a good trainer. No weird quirks to be found. The team rocket attack was dealt with instantly by...Pikachu using thunderbolt. It was literally just a minute & a half of filler mid-battle and a minute of that was the motto; she didnt even do anything! She doesnt even do anything special at the end, give me something!
I got nothing to talk about here so I'll ramble about the battle, which in the script i have to imagine was just "Snorlax is awesome" for 10 pages. Ash knew going into the battle that she would be using Hariyama & Medicham so he brought his Grovyle (for speed) and...Snorlax. For...defense?

Anyway Greta decimates Grovyle near instantly in that way only the anime can: using your big ol' ham hands to block bullet seed, using grovyle jumping at it to send it crashing into the ceiling with a focus punch because running into a fist at terminal velocity hurts. So in comes Snorlax to carry the entire battle and tanks like 3 sets of arm thrust because you see the belly is so big & soft; there's even a part where snorlax goes tumbling back and bounces around like a ball. They trade back & forth for a while and Snorlax is just eating up all these focus punches & arm thrusts like, again, only the anime can. He wins with a knock out that also freezes because it's Ice Punch.
The Medicham battle is ridiculous because the only thing it does pretty much the entire match is crazy gravity defying flips and focus punch. Like rapid fire focus punches, just slamming it into the thick hide. Shout out to thepart of the fight where Medicham froze it with Ice Punch, Ash ordered it to Rest and then Greta has to break it out of the Ice to actually do any damage. Ash wins this scenario with what he tried to do with Grovyle earlier: he launches snorlax into the air by using Hyper Beam at the ground, then slams into medicham with an air launch body slam, killing it instantly.

As for the Arena itself, they kept it's a Dojo aaaand that's it. She has a ton of students, so this actually would have been a good way to incorporate the facility's gimmick in the game, even! But I suppose it's just as well because they didn't keep the gimmick at all. You might have noticed two things in the battle summary: she used 2 Pokemon and it went until a standard knock out condition was met. For all intents & purposes this was just a better (if more ridiculous) Chuck or Brawly fight. If they wanted to make her a fighting leader they could have given her the 2 she actually uses (Heracross & Breloom) but....They instead set up this as a gimmick:

A wheel! Spin the wheel and that determines if its 1 on 1, 2 on 2 or 3 on 3. 2 minutes prior, Scott established she had a Hariyama & Medicham and oh look he spun a 2 and she used exactly those two pokemon with no other pokemon in her possession seen. Could have at least pretended there would be a shake up is all I'm saying.

Tucker & the Battle Dome

Tucker was #3 and, oh man, could you imagine if 4kids had gotten to this episode? They wouldn't be able to handle themselves with the guy based on Hard Gay. Anyway Tucker is a reasonable show man, he does extravagant entrances, extravagant poses, and everyone in the city comes out to see him. Every time he orders one of his Pokemon he gives everything dramatic and flowery descriptions (BURN WITH YOUR FIERY MIGHT, ARCANINE: FLAMETHROWER; LET YOUR FIRE FLOWERS BLOSSOM, ARCANINE: FIRE BLAST). But generally he's a good sport. In the game & Adventures, he's kind of secretly a sore loser & kind of pompous judging by his dialog, but here he's just generally confident and accepts loss with grace. Also his entrance gave us this mental image and that's always a treat.

So they obviously didn't do the tournament gimmick. Tucker only got one episode, there' sjust no time for that outside of a league (until Best Wishes...)! But they did try to incorporate the "tactics" part of things. They even call out how this all relates to hsi symbol, something they don't do with any other brain. His battle is a double battle where his Swampert (slow, defensive) compliments his Arcanine (fast, strong) and he shows both his Pokemon and allows the challenger to make any changes to their team there & then if they'd like. Ash uses his Swellow & Corphish and does use tactics such as: bubble beam to make steam, using quick attack to lure tucker's pokemon into attacking each other, riding swellow because its a double battle with a flying pokemon and you can't not ride on them.
It probably would have been cute to compare this battle to a contest battle, and have Ash work with May on tactics, but they dont really think of that until Diamond & Pearl.

Anabel & the Battle Tower

Anabel was #6. If you're wondering why the different image, it's because between Spenser & Anabel, the anime changed openings. I didn't really comment on it, but the Advanced & DP animes were pretty cool because the openings constantly updated with new captures, evolutions, releases and in the case of the battle frontier brains they filled in as Ash met them. They kind of stopped that, it's a shame.... The final Advanced opening was very good, it's called SPURT, is sung by Ash's (japanese, obviously) voice actress and is full of wonderful fanservice. Even Butterfree, Pidgeot, Primeape & Larvitar are here and they dont even get a cameo in the battle frontier. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOhHqn47HVk

OH, right, Anabel. So as you can see from Crosspiece's update Anabel doesn't actually have anything going on. Barely any text or mannerisms beyond a silly laugh and recognizing your talent. Charitably, she is "Soft spoken."
So the anime made her a Psychic. And make her use entirely Psychic Pokemon (Alakazam, Metagross & her ace Espeon). Why not! She communicates with pokemon, the plants (happy flowers literally singing) and the stars through telepathy (sorry, sorry "Empathy". She's an Empath) and is able to understand what they're saying/thinking. Her introduction has her talk down an agitated Beedrill & Gyarados and work through their issues.
As you'd expect from an empath, she's a good person. Likes how much Pikachu gest along with Ash, chases off TR, treats everyone to a rest & lunch at her house, helps clean up Ash's tauros, plays with ash in the water, etc.
They also try to play up her supposed androgyny? It's a shocking reveal when it's revealed she's a woman because....??

Why is this even a tower in the anime? They only fight in one room , there's not even any seating, she doesn't live here. Battle Room.
Since the Tower doesn't have a gimmick at all, they instead use Anabel's not-telepathy combined with psychic pokemon being absolute bullshit to fight. Using Psychic to just stop things in its tracks or turn around projectiles at random, too op, please nerf.
She can verbally give commands, but she mostly communicates directly with her Pokemon's minds. Which you wouldn't think would really matter, but it apparently throws people off...supposedly. Just go with it.
Anabel's psychic pokemon empathy destroys everything with her Alakazam beating Corphish & Tauros near instantly & Metagross cleaning up Pikachu.
Ash's solution to this is use strategy (?!!?), not power which is represented in:
-returning his confused corphish to its pokeball, then immediately sending it back out without actually switching anyone out (?!)
-dodging meteor mash, then jabbing it into the air (where it...stays, because its levitating?) with horn attack
-disrupting Epseon's concentration (thus, unable to communicate with Anabel) by jumping to & disabling the overhanging lights to dodge zap cannon

I wonder what goes on in the battle planning of these episodes sometimes. They can be enjoyable, but so arbitrary to what does/doesn't work.

Anabel also has a crush on Ash. Crushin' hard with those anime wavering eyes and subtle blush marks, as you do. Unlike with Lucy & Brock, this crush is entirely thanks to Ash's own merits. She doesn't confess it, though.

Next up is Brandon. Spoiler, his battle does not involve spending 3 hours climbing a pyramid.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
Pokemon Adventures: Fighting Boy meets Girl

A fair warning, I'm going to basically be posting a gigantic chunk of chapter in this one. Remember as always to support the official Viz Media release.

So I've left out quite a few things in regards to events as they related to 3 years before RS starts, I've talked about the themes of love, the dumb things you do for love and how it all ties together in a nice pink bow. You may also remember that the first update I wrote for this stuff, was "Fighting Girl meets Boy" That was a bit of a misnomer, it really should have been "Fighting Girl meets Boy Again."

5 years ago, in Johto, a young boy met a young girl. The boy was a brat, always ready for a scrap, he wanted nothing more than to be just like his father and become the best battler in the world. The girl was delicate, like a princess, she adored cute and beautiful things. The girls father had come to Johto to wish his friend, the boys father, luck, as he took his exam to become a Gym Leader.

Unfortunately, the boy and girl were attacked while they were out playing by a Salamence, the boy rose to protect the girl, he used everything his father taught him, and successfully beat it back. However, the wounds he sustained in the battle caused the girl to cry, shattering his heart.

For the young boy, he blamed himself for causing her to cry, for failing to consider her feelings, for acting so brutally. For the young girl however? She hated herself for being unable to do anything but cry, for being a burden. The children's father's engrossed themselves in self-training and in research respectively, as the boy's father had failed his exam. It was then they decided to completely change themselves, the boy decided to become beautiful and to hide his talent as a battler, to never let anyone see how he fought. The girl decided to devote herself to battling, to become stronger than ever.

That was when Ruby and Sapphire first met, and it was what pushed them towards the characters we see of them in the RS chapter. The reason Norman took the blame for the Salamence attack was because he knew Ruby had fought it, I mean his son's bleeding forehead from the claw gashes across his head would likely have been the dead giveaway. The 'Training Trip' he took, was actually a quest to locate Rayquaza which the Pokemon Association had been trying to control with the 'Jade Orb' that they were creating. If you're wonder what it was the Salamence let out when it attacked, it was in fact, Rayquaza. Now perhaps it's coming closer together as to why Ruby's actions set so much into motion, just a facility? That's nothing. But freeing a legendary pokemon, destroying the prototype-Jade Orb, setting them back years of effort... there's repercussions for actions like that.

When Ruby and Sapphire met again, they despised each other, and why not, here was this prancing pretty boy that reminded Sapphire of nothing more than the person she used to be. And this wild, jungle like girl was nothing more than a stark contrast to the way Ruby'd decided to live his life.

But in the end the two always came together, teaming up with Plusle and Minun in the Abandoned ship, Fighting Team Aqua and Magma, stopping Groudon and Kyogre in Sootopolis, fighitng in the undersea's cavern, and training together on Mirage Island with Juan, Tate and Liza. And it was pretty inevitable that new feelings would develop.

This is the first time Ruby realises that she is the girl who he met 5 years ago, and we also see a far reaching effect of Red's victory all the way back in RGB, before Red, Champions were all older, late-age teenagers, adults... Red completely shattered expectations by being the youngest champion in history, he redefined what young kids thought they could do.

And of course, in continuing with the trend of the series, doing things to protect those you love, ultimately hurting them with good intentions...

Ruby seals Sapphire in the Air Car after taking the Blue Orb from her, so that he can go and fight Groudon and Kyogre alone. Why?

Because he loves her, and love is a stupid, moronic thing that makes you do stupider, moronicer things. It makes you act crazy, to the point where even if you want to see someone be happy and safe, you'll do things directly to hurt them.

It's what made Courtney use her last breath to pass information on to Ruby, to help him.

It's why Norman took the blame for his son, damning himself for 5 years, and essentially accepting a suicide mission.

It's why Wallace, who could have beaten Archie and Maxie, gives up, lets himself be defeated, to save Winona's life.

It's why Ruby's Feebas came back to him, even though he'd called it ugly, throwing it away, telling it to never return.

And why she evolved when he finally opened up his own heart to her.

Love makes the world go round.

Upon defeating Archie and Maxie, Ruby doesn't want them to die, not after so many others have died, but he needs to retrieve the orbs from them, and, ultimately, he needs to stop them from being able to do such harm again.

Since the first chapter, Ruby has had Celebi with him, he didn't use it unless he had to. This I feel is sort of a weakness of the arc, but I also sort of accept it. Time begins to unravel, and as Ruby and Sapphire float hazily in the void, Ruby himself thinks to those who've died, believing he's lost them forever...

The interesting part about it though, is that it's not clear if the world has been rewritten, or if Celebi simply took Ruby and Sapphire to an alternate timeline in which they succeeded with no deaths. His description of a "Time slip" indicates it's the latter, but Courtney's comments indicate that it's the former. As for Archie and Maxie? As I described in previous posts, they've been cast out of reality.

And hey, Celebi even gave them one more day to finish their contest, Sapphire simply has to beat Norman and Ruby has to win the Master Rank contests.

In the end, both managed to complete their trials, though it seems Ruby has no memory of their love confession (He does, he's just pretending he doesn't, because all the other times I've brought up characters in this series being dumb for reasons of love)

We're given one last look through every character from the chapter, as Ruby and Sapphire rush back to Littleroot town to celebrate her birthday, and his, since they didn't celebrate his at the start of the series. And so we end with our two young lovers running off into the sunset, Good En-

Aw son of a bitch.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

flinging sapphire into the pod was still stupid no matter how much is sugar coated with love making you do dumb things, honestly.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Even though I feel PokeSpe uses Giovanni a bit more than it probably should, he's at least an effective villain in his appearances.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

rannum posted:

flinging sapphire into the pod was still stupid no matter how much is sugar coated with love making you do dumb things, honestly.

It was. That's the point.

Ruby is a master at doing incredibly stupid stuff because he cares a lot about the people close to him, and Sapphire even moreso, but also never takes into consideration what they think or feel. This is a consistent thing, even in ORAS Ruby is still just as bad about it.

Explopyro
Mar 18, 2018

Hey, we got to see RNGesus do something! I'd like to say I'm surprised it worked out in the Arena (I thought the inability to switch out would really hurt your ability to use Shedinja), but you also had DonkeyKong with it and that covers for a lot of faults. At least the Focus Band went off a couple of times :) One of the craziest things I've ever seen in Pokemon was a battle where I had that go off twice in a row, lasting three turns with a Shedinja and taking down something that it should've had no chance against. Then I lost the battle anyway. It's fun, but it's so RNG dependent that it's not really a good strategy.

Speaking of DonkeyKong, it really seems like Choice Band Slaking is an ideal choice for a lot of the Battle Frontier. A lot of these facilities seem to reward going for an all-out attacking strategy and it's hard to get better at it than that. I've noticed some weirdness around how it works, though, especially with Hyper Beam - I was hoping we might see it come up in your playthrough, but since it didn't I'll talk about it (I only noticed this recently and it confused me until I worked out what was going on). The penalties for Hyper Beam and Truant work differently and combining them isn't as natural a combo as it appears at first glance: Truant lets you select a move on the penalty turn and doesn't apply the penalty until after you've done that, so if you would rather switch out than eat the penalty you can, while Hyper Beam locks you in and takes the second turn automatically. This means there's still a bit of a cost to using Hyper Beam in addition to its lower accuracy, and honestly it's so much overkill that the right choice might be to run Return instead. But there's just something so satisfying about it when it works...

[Edit: I should add, I don't have the slightest clue why Truant did what it did in the case you showed.]

I can't remember if I've mentioned this before, but there's a bit of weirdness around the berries Scott gives you (of course I'm going to talk about berries, am I a stereotype of myself yet?). If you look at the tag, it claims they have every flavour, so they seem to have been intended to be good for Pokeblocks as well. But because of the zero-sum way the formulas work (each flavour's value gets subtracted from the one to its left) this is exactly equivalent to having 0 flavour and makes them completely useless for that purpose. The in-battle effects are the only useful thing about them, and both Lansat and Starf are a bit underwhelming although I can imagine them having their uses.

Anyway, congrats on making the Battle Frontier look so easy!

Explopyro fucked around with this message at 19:27 on May 29, 2018

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Epicmissingno posted:

Why all the hate for the Battle Agency? I'm not trying to defend it, I just skipped US/UM so I know basically nothing about it.

It's a rental game where you get to rent a whole one Pokemon. The other two are based on what people are online at the time, with an algorithm that I genuinely cannot comprehend because they don't even use their own Pokemon, they have presets but I have no idea what selects them. Regardless, you only get to really choose one and the others may as well be random, made even worse by the fact that what level each Pokemon is is based on the person's current grade: good luck can get you Pokemon with ridiculously high levels, bad luck and you get nothing.

It's an incredibly pointless change on a tried-and-true formula that makes it so, so much worse.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Crosspeice posted:

Mate Platinum is my 2nd favourite game in the series (behind B2W2, obviously) cause it fixes SO MANY of DP's problems. I only rank FRLG as my lowest since I don't count games that got an enhanced version, otherwise DP would be my least favourite games, no question, they're just so bad compared to Platinum and have a heap of problems on their own.

Really? I'm really interested in seeing your B2W2 LP. I've played B2 more than any other game in the series on a single file (too many playthroughs of Gen 2). I did the tower and beat the kid and got the shiny. I still have next to no memory of that game. It felt like going through the motions after being surprised by Gen V. Then VI wasn't fun and VII I didn't finish. Your LPs are so great because they're showing me that I may not actually be over Pokemon as I once thought. It's just going through a spell that doesn't appeal to me.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I feel like I remember some event with Lugia and Ho-oh in some weird cave/tower hybrid. Navel Rock?

I'm not alone!

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Blaze Dragon posted:

It was. That's the point.

Ruby is a master at doing incredibly stupid stuff because he cares a lot about the people close to him, and Sapphire even moreso, but also never takes into consideration what they think or feel. This is a consistent thing, even in ORAS Ruby is still just as bad about it.

I mean I get that was the point, but the entire sequence was just...Nothing about it was like "ah, this is an interesting turn of events" for me, the conceit just fell flat. Especially when everything goes to poo poo, we just undo it all (also dumb!) instantly.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

There must have been a better way to end the RS Arc than surprise Celebi. Like come on, what's even the point of that? It really boggles the mind, cause it's such a sharp twist that it nearly breaks the story's neck.

Also the romance between Ruby and Sapphire went nowhere, mainly cause of Ruby being an aloof prick, which infuriates the shipper in me that I try to suppress at every moment.

Blaze Dragon posted:

It's an incredibly pointless change on a tried-and-true formula that makes it so, so much worse.

You'd have to really try to gently caress up a rental facility and boy did they give it a go!

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Crosspeice posted:

There must have been a better way to end the RS Arc than surprise Celebi. Like come on, what's even the point of that? It really boggles the mind, cause it's such a sharp twist that it nearly breaks the story's neck.

Also the romance between Ruby and Sapphire went nowhere, mainly cause of Ruby being an aloof prick, which infuriates the shipper in me that I try to suppress at every moment.

You'd have to really try to gently caress up a rental facility and boy did they give it a go!

Fun Fact: originally, before thinking of the RR storyline, the villains were just going to show up in battle agency like how cynthia, wally, etc show up in the battle tree.
dodged that bullet

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Crosspeice posted:

They finally concluded the actual romance in the ORAS manga.

I figure it was just a case of the author seeing Fire Red and Leaf Green announced, realising "I'm eventually going to have to come back to Hoenn" and choosing to continue to play off the "Will they, wont they"

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Yes I've read the ORAS arc, but come on, if you're gonna have some romance, I need a bit more than that! Least Ruby stops being an idiot for five seconds, so whatever, I'll take it.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Crosspeice posted:

Yes I've read the ORAS arc, but come on, if you're gonna have some romance, I need a bit more than that! Least Ruby stops being an idiot for five seconds, so whatever, I'll take it.

Y'just double salty because we've been waiting 3 years for the BW cliffhanger to have some payoff.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Not going to lie, I thought that chalkboard thing was an edit.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Not going to lie, I thought that chalkboard thing was an edit.

To be fair, since that does appear to be a scanlation, it technically is an edit.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
Why is sapphire a derpy-eyed vampire??

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Solumin posted:

She has large incisors to emphasise the "Jungle Girl" aspect of her character. As for why her eyes are like that, that's just emulating the current art-style of eyes.

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Recommended by 10 out of 10 Aragami

Onmi posted:

Y'just double salty because we've been waiting 3 years for the BW cliffhanger to have some payoff.
Motherfucker, you had to remind me of that! :argh:

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

One day the Gen 5 manga will be over. Y'know, before Gen 8.

Also to LP Let's Go Pikachu in seven months and derail my other LP plans... hmm...

Verant
Oct 20, 2012

Go on an adventure ordained by fate?
-->Okay.
-->Eh.

Solumin posted:

Better question, why are Professor Cozmo's assistants muppets?

Also, I'm kind of surprised they didn't use Jirachi instead of Celebi to magic up a happy ending. Still deus ex machina, but at least it's a Gen 3 Pokemon.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Verant posted:

Better question, why are Professor Cozmo's assistants muppets?

Also, I'm kind of surprised they didn't use Jirachi instead of Celebi to magic up a happy ending. Still deus ex machina, but at least it's a Gen 3 Pokemon.

Jirachi is there in the Emerald side which WE'RE NOT COVERING BECAUSE IT'S DUMB...

But if you must know, the reason is because they needed to use Jirachi to wish the Fire Red/Leaf Green team back from being turned into stone statues. They basically did the Fake-Groudon movie except instead of Fake Groudon, it's Fake Kyogre

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

If I recall correct, Archie grabs Jirachi and uses its wish to make a giant fake Kyogre out of seawater, someone (Emerald?) uses another wish for a miracle or something, which leads to Red and Co. from FR/LG being released from their statues to defeat Fake Kyogre, and then I think Scott uses the last wish to make the Battle Frontier popular.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Having a normal one

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor

And then Deoxys sends Green's parents (which she spent her entire life tracking) into a void as she watches but can't warn them, which breaks her mind and puts her in a coma.

Pokemon manga is pretty extreme at parts.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Kikas posted:

And then Deoxys sends Green's parents (which she spent her entire life tracking) into a void as she watches but can't warn them, which breaks her mind and puts her in a coma.

Pokemon manga is pretty extreme at parts.

No that was before in the FRLG chapter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Crosspeice posted:

One day the Gen 5 manga will be over. Y'know, before Gen 8.

That is incredibly optimistic. Far more optimistic than the B2W2 manga deserves.

• Locked thread