Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Triticum Guzzler posted:

the best cage i ever saw was on some random shoxc card, it was square with rounded corners, the perfect compromise

UFC needs to adopt the old WCW Doomsday Cage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

How about a basketball court, or a football field if we're going to be realistic?

Check it out at onnit.com that O-N-N-I-T.COM

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

BlindSite posted:

How about a basketball court, or a football field if we're going to be realistic?

Check it out at onnit.com that O-N-N-I-T.COM

Bellator gets the old WCW Wargames cage.

Szymanski
Jul 31, 2005

You down with OCP?
Sugartime Jones
The moving floor from the flash gordon movie

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

exploded mummy posted:

Bellator gets the old WCW Wargames cage.

whats that mean

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Skip My Posts posted:

whats that mean

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

Being a stagehand for pro wrestling must be nerve wracking and nearly impossible.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Triticum Guzzler posted:

the best cage i ever saw was on some random shoxc card, it was square with rounded corners, the perfect compromise

ah, a circle

Szymanski
Jul 31, 2005

You down with OCP?
Sugartime Jones

spb posted:

ah, a circle

squircle

Matt Lindland
Feb 10, 2018

SHUT THE FUCK UP KEVEN

ALSO GJ BUYING A NEW ACCOUNT LIKE A GODDAMN COWARD
YOU USELESS WHITE NOISE POSTER

YOU WILL NOT ESCAPE THE BOLF RAMSHIELD YOU SO RICHLY DESERVE

now with professional animation

spb posted:

ah, a circle

A circle that had been given straight edges... squared, if you will.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Triticum Guzzler posted:

the lack of anything happening at all in till/thompson is partly stylistic and partly because the octagon is so enormous and open that it makes that sort of fight possible and desirable by the fighters

make them fight on a gangplank over a pit of snakes, see who the true mixed martial artist is

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Captain Log posted:

Being a stagehand for pro wrestling must be nerve wracking and nearly impossible.

it depends, once the ring goes up, its rarely worked on during the show (unless something terrible happens like Cheex breaking the ropes on the first TNA show in a dark match)

WWE gets to be fun because they do live TV and they do a lot of poo poo to cover for that

they build up the cage before the show starts and then hoists it up to the rafters and lowers it down as needed

other than cleaning the ring (which is a funnier deal on the house shows) there really isn't a ton that will happen, other than occasionally changing ropes and canvass out, but they layer everything ahead of time and spend the time ripping off a layer of tape on the ropes, or pulling the rings so it goes really fast

they also used to do the ring aprons as well, but WWE rings these days are almost all full of LED signboards except for one side

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
our best buddeh claims he is officially retired now

so bisping/rockhold III next year, probably

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Matt Lindland posted:

A squarcle

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

exploded mummy posted:

it depends, once the ring goes up, its rarely worked on during the show (unless something terrible happens like Cheex breaking the ropes on the first TNA show in a dark match)

WWE gets to be fun because they do live TV and they do a lot of poo poo to cover for that

they build up the cage before the show starts and then hoists it up to the rafters and lowers it down as needed

other than cleaning the ring (which is a funnier deal on the house shows) there really isn't a ton that will happen, other than occasionally changing ropes and canvass out, but they layer everything ahead of time and spend the time ripping off a layer of tape on the ropes, or pulling the rings so it goes really fast

they also used to do the ring aprons as well, but WWE rings these days are almost all full of LED signboards except for one side

That gave me an intense flashback to 1989 when I got to see Hulk Hogan vs. Macho Man in Nashville. It was a cage match and blew my five year old mind.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
The card on June 01 is designed perfectly from the ground up to make me not want to watch it

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.

Gay Horney posted:

The card on June 01 is designed perfectly from the ground up to make me not want to watch it

You're crazy if you don't want to see Rivera/Moraes. Crazy, I tell ye.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

The main card on that is stacked to be a highlight reel, holy poo poo. Rivera and Moraes are both violence machines; Gillespie is a powerful wrestler who finishes people and his opponent has lost via KO (Suplex). Walt Harris vs Dan Spitz might be a heavyweight slog; Ellenberger and Saunders both hit loving hard and have no chins left. Daniel Teymur is a sweet MT fighter, and Gian Villante will definitely let Sam Alvey hit him.

The rest of the card is hit and miss, but Belal Muhammad and Johnny Eduardo are usually good for some entertainment. Jose Torres is cool, too.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
they should pass some kind of law preventing gian villante vs sam alvey from taking place. i feel like leaving an anonymous tip on fbi.gov

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

Looks like Michael Bisping has decided against having a final fight and retired, probably a smart move

https://mmajunkie.com/2018/05/former-ufc-champion-tuf-winner-michael-bisping-announces-retirement

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Matt Lindland posted:

Pi is 3.2

woozy pawsies
Nov 26, 2007

I.N.R.I posted:

they should pass some kind of law preventing gian villante vs sam alvey from taking place. i feel like leaving an anonymous tip on fbi.gov

i wont tell anyone if you do

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Fentry posted:

Looks like Michael Bisping has decided against having a final fight and retired, probably a smart move

https://mmajunkie.com/2018/05/former-ufc-champion-tuf-winner-michael-bisping-announces-retirement

Good for him. I’ve always enjoyed his fights. I particularly enjoyed when Dan Henderson killed him. Michael Bisping has been a reanimated, shambling corpse ever since, and it’s been pretty great.

It’s kind of mind-blowing that Michael Bisping’s retirement announcement can include the phrase “former UFC champion.“

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
bisping despite being a gigantic dickhead has had one of the best narratives the sport has ever seen and i wish him well after he dies for our viewing pleasure against someone he should not beat in the near future.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
against all odds: bisping owned

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
RIP donraper

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Now he can finally get his eye screwed in straight!

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

Triticum Guzzler posted:

against all odds: bisping owned
still can't believe that he turned it around so long after establishing himself as the permanent MW gatekeeper / false callout decoy for fighters from the "can't talk good and want to learn how to read better" institute

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Dan Didio posted:

RIP donraper

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.
I doubt anything this sport has to offer will match the laugh I had when Bisping knocked out Rockhold. Happy trails.

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Can’t wait to see all the salty tears from Rockhold after he hears the news.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
My DMV has electronic displays to tell you which counter to go to. And they sell really lovely ad space to run on these boards. Guess the ESPN deal is so important that the UFC needs to advertise here as well.

mewse
May 2, 2006

kimbo305 posted:

My DMV has electronic displays to tell you which counter to go to. And they sell really lovely ad space to run on these boards. Guess the ESPN deal is so important that the UFC needs to advertise here as well.

DMV fights are the best base for MMA

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

mewse posted:

DMV fights are the best base for MMA

The extra frustration makes it as real as it gets.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

kimbo305 posted:

weird mine does that too.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Are DMVs still bad? Way out here in the west it seems like computers and staffing have solved that particular irritant.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Biggest Meltdowner posted:

Are DMVs still bad? Way out here in the west it seems like computers and staffing have solved that particular irritant.

my local one in henderson, if you dont schedule an appt a day in advance you can wait upwards to 7 hours for anything more complex than a license renewal

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

You have my empathy.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

STONE COLD 64 posted:

my local one in henderson, if you dont schedule an appt a day in advance you can wait upwards to 7 hours for anything more complex than a license renewal

Gotta know some people, in and out in less than 15mins every time at that location.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

The Local DMV's Efficiency Keys To Victory for Stephen Thompson:

- average one strike per minute
- show and generate no enthusiasm
- music for people to listen to as they wait for you to perform cannot be more recent than 2002

• Locked thread