Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.

Almost Blue posted:

Also, who is this movie intended audience?

Anyone with a heart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Almost Blue posted:

Pooh & Tigger's voices sound normal but the other characters sound weird. Also, who is this movie intended audience?

Yeah, that's absolutely Jim Cummings as Pooh and Tigger but it looks like they went with name actors for the other voices: Brad Garrett is Eeyore, Peter Capaldi is Rabbit, Toby Jones is Owl, Sophie Okonedo is Kanga and Nick Mohammed is Piglet.

As for the intended audience ... adults desperately trying to recapture their childhood.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Yaphet Kotto and Bill Duke should’ve voiced every character.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

This poo poo is going to clean up in the specialty box.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Sesame Workshop (the people who currently own and produce Sesame Street) as suing the people behind The Happytime Murders saying that their tagline is designed to cause people to think that they're connected.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

Almost Blue posted:

Pooh & Tigger's voices sound normal but the other characters sound weird. Also, who is this movie's intended audience?

Jim Cummings is the only previous Winnie the Pooh voice actor to return for the project. Originally someone else was to play Tigger, but it looks like they went with him to do both Pooh and Tigger after all.

Peter Capaldi is Owl and I'm about that.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

TheBigBudgetSequel posted:

Peter Capaldi is Owl and I'm about that.

Timby posted:

Brad Garrett is Eeyore, Peter Capaldi is Rabbit, Toby Jones is Owl, Sophie Okonedo is Kanga and Nick Mohammed is Piglet.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

Timby posted:

Stuff proving I'm a BigDumbSequel

Wow, how'd I switch that. Either way Toby Jones and Peter Capaldi are both top notch choices.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Brad Garrett as Eeyore is perfect, even if I generally think celeb VO is pointless.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Craig Ferguson was Owl last time why not just stick with him?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Brad Garrett as Eeyore is perfect, even if I generally think celeb VO is pointless.

He has been a staple of cartoons for close to 30 years by now. In fact his first 5 credits listed in Wikipedia were all voice work.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
drat, here I was just assuming he was a sitcom/standup type guy.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Wise, to minimize the amount of piglet and rabbit. So sick of these wet blanket rear end fuckers

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
gently caress Elvis, and by extension:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csXtdjsqYLM

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Ew.

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007
This seems so wonderfully trashy in the best sense of the word. And Logan Marshall-Green really manages to sell the concept of him being controlled by some computer or whatever. Comes across even more in the earlier trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-T_GmJKEke0

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrCHVOD8C6k

Papillion remake looking hella generic.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g681XwMUpFc

It feels like this movie is lacking any sort of panache or style, but I guess they can't show any of the cool parts of the heist. Don't read the comments.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZkj4ppw284

I have no idea what this movie is actually about now. This trailer seems focused on the CIA black ops stuff, while the previous one made it seem like a "hardened killer protects a kid" story, a la Logan. I'm not sure which theme dominates in the movie, though? The soundtrack to this trailer is pretty awful too.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Is Charlie Hunnam good in lost city of z because I only know him as mister zzzzzzzz
Like I'd rather have "random hemsworth"

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:
Any clip of Mr. Rogers makes me instantly tear up so I can't wait to sob uncontrollably for however long that documentary is

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Is Charlie Hunnam good in lost city of z because I only know him as mister zzzzzzzz

Charlie Hunnam loving SUCKS but he’s somehow incredible in Lost City of Z, I have no idea how they got that performance out of him.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Yeah I think he was the perfect guy for Lost City of Z, somehow.

kanonvandekempen
Mar 14, 2009

Punkin Spunkin posted:

That's the only thing I really liked him in so far yeah. I don't think that movie is for everyone, it is mostly a callback to an older style of making movies, but I really enjoyed it.

Embrace the Serpent came out around the same time, dealing with a similar subject, and it is superior in every way though.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
I thought Hunnam was fine in King Arthur too.

He was sooooo bad in Crimson Peak.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I can't think of anything I've seen him in, I only know who he is because I think Mark Kermode's nickname for him ("Charlie Humdrum") is funny.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

LesterGroans posted:

I thought Hunnam was fine in King Arthur too.

He was sooooo bad in Crimson Peak.

I don't actually think he's that bad, I just think he's sort of there. Like he has no discernable attributes to speak of other than his gigantic puppy dog eyes.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
I thought he was pretty funny back on Undeclared but he hardly seems like the same actor now

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

I don't actually think he's that bad, I just think he's sort of there. Like he has no discernable attributes to speak of other than his gigantic puppy dog eyes.

I think he's perfectly fine as the stock Leading Man character, but he was actively bad in Crimson Peak. I feel like he must have been attempting something and not pulling off, but I can't figure out what.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Hunnam's peak role was Children of Men, mainly because the role played to his strength, a guy with an inferiority complex who ultimately adds nothing to the story and dies as an afterthought in the background of a better scene.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Apparently I've seen Charlie Hunnam in a bunch of different things that I never realized had Charlie Hunnam in them. Truly a chameleon.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

GrandpaPants posted:

Apparently I've seen Charlie Hunnam in a bunch of different things that I never realized had Charlie Hunnam in them. Truly a chameleon.

I just looked him up and apparently he's starring in A Million Little Pieces (an adaptation of the James Frey book about his time in a twelve-step rehab center; Oprah pimped the poo poo out of it, then a few months later it came out that he made almost the entire thing up), alongside Aaron Taylor-Johnson, directed by Sam Taylor-Johnson.

:laffo:

Pycckuu
Sep 13, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Nice try hollywood shills but nobody wants to see that bearded guy from Verizon commercials. Everybody knows Charles is handsome and good in movies.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

ruddiger posted:

Hunnam's peak role was Children of Men, mainly because the role played to his strength, a guy with an inferiority complex who ultimately adds nothing to the story and dies as an afterthought in the background of a better scene.

Lmao yeah, that dreadlocked rear end in a top hat was great. Never even thought about who played him though.

Friend
Aug 3, 2008

What's your beef with Elvis

(trailer looks boring)

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
That trailer just looks like it's jerking Elvis and Elvis fans off. It's like the music equivalent to those fan documentaries about Back to the Future or whatever that are just people talking about how great the subject matter is with no angle or insight or point of view on the history of the subject.

Friend
Aug 3, 2008

feedmyleg posted:

That trailer just looks like it's jerking Elvis and Elvis fans off. It's like the music equivalent to those fan documentaries about Back to the Future or whatever that are just people talking about how great the subject matter is with no angle or insight or point of view on the history of the subject.

It seemed to have very little to do with Elvis at all, and mostly just used his car as a set and his life as a symbol for the real focus of the film, how America used to be great and now is a bloated fat has-been that is about to die on a toilet.

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer

Friend posted:

What's your beef with Elvis

(trailer looks boring)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXQXiZLni9M&t=205s

Friend
Aug 3, 2008

Yeah but Elvis wasn't racist, and even Chuck D has since admitted that :colbert:

Related, here is a picture I took a few years ago of Public Enemy as they recited the Elvis bit in Memphis to a crowd of white people raising their fists, a few hundred yards from a statue built in 1954 for "a very worthy negro" who saved a bunch of white folks from a sinking ship.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

However the motherfuck John Wayne still stands

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer

Friend posted:

Yeah but Elvis wasn't racist, and even Chuck D has since admitted that :colbert:

the truth value of a lyric is in direct proportion to the awesomeness of the song, sorry but i don't make the rules