Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Red Letter Media tell us their thoughts on Solo: A Star Wars Story. Their comments section have really become a poo poo show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmPPxQnaGDY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I wonder how many things from their prediction video actually happened in the film.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

bessantj posted:

Red Letter Media tell us their thoughts on Solo: A Star Wars Story. Their comments section have really become a poo poo show.

A comments section a shitshow?

That is certainly unprecedented.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jimbot posted:

I wonder how many things from their prediction video actually happened in the film.

A good chunk of it and they address it

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Jimbot posted:

Having seen the film, most of it.

I still don’t get why the movie spent so much time on his drat dice. They don’t even do anything in it.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Han didn't race Lando's Falcon in the Slave1 though, which was the dumbest drat idea that I wish happened.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

bessantj posted:

Is this them obnoxiously and joylessly crapping on the movie in question like the vast majority of half in the bag reviews? I stopped watching those like 2 or 3 years ago because I just couldn't take how smugly self-satisfied they were in their negativity on that show anymore.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

FlamingLiberal posted:

I still don’t get why the movie spent so much time on his drat dice. They don’t even do anything in it.

I would guess because they're planning to sell reproductions as merch.

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012

Sanguinia posted:

Is this them obnoxiously and joylessly crapping on the movie in question like the vast majority of half in the bag reviews? I stopped watching those like 2 or 3 years ago because I just couldn't take how smugly self-satisfied they were in their negativity on that show anymore.

They thought it was a potentially good movie brought down by poor pacing and atrocious cinematography. Except Rich, who loved it.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Sanguinia posted:

Mike_Stoklasa_Hates_Movies.mov

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

nine-gear crow posted:

Mike_Stoklasa_Hates_Movies.mov

this reminds me of an episode of star trek

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

a cartoon duck posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reApQlk5JiA

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

a cartoon duck posted:

http://i.imgur.com/yDiiq2j.mp4

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

Sanguinia posted:

I don't think you actually ever watched HITB did you? Let me guess, they gave a movie you like a bad review and now it's "WHY DO THEY HATE EVERYTHING?!".

gently caress me, Mike eats up the schlockiest poo poo available like that Independence Day sequel or Jurassic World and there are still people moaning on about them being too negative

khwarezm fucked around with this message at 19:38 on May 29, 2018

KayTee
May 5, 2012

Whachoodoin?

FlamingLiberal posted:

This bothers me more than it should. AFAIK the first time those things are even so much as acknowledged (on screen, at least) is in Last Jedi - where they are used as 'Thing that belonged to Han'. Presumably Star Wars people use psychometry rather then use their brains for holding memories.

Also not only is Teras Kasi now official canon, which makes me happy, but also either I've been pronouncing it wrong all this time (which is annoying) or the now canon pronunciation is wrong (which is SUPER annoying).

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

KayTee posted:

This bothers me more than it should. AFAIK the first time those things are even so much as acknowledged (on screen, at least) is in Last Jedi - where they are used as 'Thing that belonged to Han'. Presumably Star Wars people use psychometry rather then use their brains for holding memories.

Also not only is Teras Kasi now official canon, which makes me happy, but also either I've been pronouncing it wrong all this time (which is annoying) or the now canon pronunciation is wrong (which is SUPER annoying).

They don't know what umlauts are used for, apparently. You might be onto something with the psychometry, considering Rey is a nobody and yet she gets visions of Luke just from holding his lightsaber (which wasn't even present for the events shown...) and getting transdimensional voicemail from Obi-Wan.

Also, in one episode of the Clone Wars, Quinlan Vos literally uses psychometry to determine where a bounty hunter has gone so he and Obi-Wan can track him down.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

KayTee posted:

Wait, what? They made the terrible Star Wars Teräs Käsi fighting game canon?

Disclaimer: I haven't seen any of the new Star Wars films apart from Force Awakens.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Max Wilco posted:

Wait, what? They made the terrible Star Wars Teräs Käsi fighting game canon?

Disclaimer: I haven't seen any of the new Star Wars films apart from Force Awakens.

They also made a Tag and Bink cameo, plus the Imperial Army (the troopers so bad even the stormtroopers won't take them) and the Caridan naval academy (from the Jedi Academy Trilogy)

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

And Shadows of the Empire still isn’t canon yet :mad:

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

nine-gear crow posted:

It's sort of canon. The Outrider showed up in A New Hope special edition, and in The Clone Wars, Darth Maul took over the Black Sun crime syndicate. Considering he's dead as of Rebels, that gives room for Xizor to show up.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

nine-gear crow posted:

if a han solo movie underperformed then it's really not looking good for a dash render movie

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Sanguinia posted:

so you must've missed when mike loved objectively bad movie jurassic world.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

Arcsquad12 posted:

They also made a Tag and Bink cameo, plus the Imperial Army (the troopers so bad even the stormtroopers won't take them) and the Caridan naval academy (from the Jedi Academy Trilogy)

I guess I'm really out of the Star Wars loop, since I don't know who Tag and Bink are, and I'm not familiar with any of that other stuff.

The only character I wanted to see make it into the new movies was Grand Admiral Thrawn, but then I didn't even read the Heir to the Empire novels.

Arcsquad12 posted:

It's sort of canon. The Outrider showed up in A New Hope special edition, and in The Clone Wars, Darth Maul took over the Black Sun crime syndicate. Considering he's dead as of Rebels, that gives room for Xizor to show up.

I thought there was some comic book story where Darth Maul got a cybernetic lower-half, and tried to kill Obi-Wan on Tatooine, only to get shot by Uncle Ben.

Max Wilco fucked around with this message at 20:50 on May 29, 2018

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

nine-gear crow posted:

Mike_Stoklasa_Hates_Everything.mov

Fixed for accuracy.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Max Wilco posted:

I guess I'm really out of the Star Wars loop, since I don't know who Tag and Bink are, and I'm not familiar with any of that other stuff.

The only character I wanted to see make it into the new movies was Grand Admiral Thrawn, but then I didn't even read the Heir to the Empire novels.

Thrawn ended up being the main antagonist in Rebels for their third season, and wasn't killed. He might come back in the movies still.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Max Wilco posted:

I thought there was some comic book story where Darth Maul got a cybernetic lower-half, and tried to kill Obi-Wan on Tatooine, only to get shot by Uncle Ben.

Thrawn's origin story has been adapted into the new Marvel comics and the Thrawn novel, and while he did have a weird end in Rebels, it doesn't preclude the Thrawn Trilogy from happening at some point.

Tag and Bink were a pair of comic relief Imperial characters who showed up in a run of Star Wars comics, which were semi canon due to their spoof nature. Think Rosencrantz and Guildenstern in Star Wars.

The Imperial Army are the mainline force of the Empire, not the stormtrooper poster boys, but the mass infantry and the vehicle operators.

The comic you're referring to is Old Wounds, which was a non canon story that has looped around into becoming canon since Maul came back with robot legs, and Obi Wan killed him in Rebels on Tatooine.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

nine-gear crow posted:

Good, that book was terrible.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

nine-gear crow posted:

They know that Dash Rendar will usurp Han Solo as the best smuggler character.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Terrible Opinions posted:

Good, that book was terrible.

A+ username/post combo. :v:

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Kit Fisto movie

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

I want a movie about the Gonk droid. There’s a story behind that thing and I want to know it.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

nine-gear crow posted:

I want a movie about the Gonk droid. There’s a story behind that thing and I want to know it.

There's a Gonk droid gladiator in Solo.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

nine-gear crow posted:

I want to learn more about the cult of the gonk droids that goes door to door asking for religious donations.

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug
It just dawned on me they didn't make a "gently caress you, It's January" this year.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
https://twitter.com/Boogie2988/status/1001558074115743751

I'm worried that Boogie may be under an ancient curse to make him take the exact middle ground in every issue or he'll be killed by a vengeful ghost.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

:psyduck:

Like, I get he's trying to say "we can joke about racial stuff in a non-racist way" but there has to be a better phrasing than "racism can have a place in comedy."

Also I think that loving Avenue Q song about how we're all a little bit racist and isn't that cute and fun ended up backfiring hardcore.

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

I must know your secrets.

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

The fights in Rebels are particularly atrocious as they have the stiff rubberband-ness of action figures bouncing off each other, compared to, say, this

That looks basically the same as any fight scene in the last two seasons of Rebels, so no

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009
Who's a fun internet reviewer that focuses on horror movies? That's not Night Mind or Phelous?

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

Conrad_Birdie posted:

Who's a fun internet reviewer that focuses on horror movies? That's not Night Mind or Phelous?

I miss when Phelous did horror movie reviews. He seems to mostly do z-grade animation knock-offs these days. Kinda makes me sad.
At least Baywatching is still here to fill the void.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

sexpig by night posted:

https://twitter.com/Boogie2988/status/1001558074115743751

I'm worried that Boogie may be under an ancient curse to make him take the exact middle ground in every issue or he'll be killed by a vengeful ghost.

Is this man programed to have the systematically dumbest take one everything? Because holy poo poo, how does he even remember how to breathe?

Reminder: This man had a multi-day long public heaving meltdown over an utterly innocuous thing Anita Sarkeesian said to him as they passed by one another in a greenroom last year that Anita had to apologize for out of embarrassment for him and his antics.