Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Find Out What Happens When Elite Cage Fighters Meet Elite Form Writers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Bluedeanie posted:

The Local DMV's Efficiency Keys To Victory for Stephen Thompson:

- average one strike per minute
- show and generate no enthusiasm
- music for people to listen to as they wait for you to perform cannot be more recent than 2002

lmao

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Biggest Meltdowner posted:

Are DMVs still bad? Way out here in the west it seems like computers and staffing have solved that particular irritant.

Mine lets you walk in, leave your phone number, and then they text you when its your turn

It's borderline civilized

Bluedeanie posted:

The Local DMV's Efficiency Keys To Victory for Stephen Thompson:

- average one strike per minute
- show and generate no enthusiasm
- music for people to listen to as they wait for you to perform cannot be more recent than 2002

Ahahahaha

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?

Soothing Vapors posted:

Mine lets you walk in, leave your phone number, and then they text you when its your turn

Yes that must be great for the wait time.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Bisping-Rockhold post fight presser is why this bullshit one at a time nonsense will never be acceptable. Miss you DJ Mikey B.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Lid posted:

Bisping-Rockhold post fight presser is why this bullshit one at a time nonsense will never be acceptable. Miss you DJ Mikey B.

yeah the one at a time thing fuckin sucks for sure

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
does anyone even watch the one at a time interviews any more? i used to throw on the group panels all the time and just listen out for anything amusing. now i sincerely do not give a poo poo.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

STONE COLD 64 posted:

my local one in henderson, if you dont schedule an appt a day in advance you can wait upwards to 7 hours for anything more complex than a license renewal

Really? Pop over to the one on W. Flamingo at Cimarron, or Sahara and St. Louis. I don't think I've ever spent more than an hour or so in either one. The one on Sahara has a billion clerks, and always moves pretty quick.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

The last time I went to a DMV they called my number before I even sat down, get on my level

Marching Powder posted:

does anyone even watch the one at a time interviews any more? i used to throw on the group panels all the time and just listen out for anything amusing. now i sincerely do not give a poo poo.

Yeah I can't even remember the last time I heard anything interesting happen in one, did they ever give a reason why they stopped doing them?

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Marching Powder posted:

I'll watch the Dana-tells-the-media-they're-wrong bit but generally the individual fighters are very missable.

Is Illinois a full-disclosure state for payouts? Interested to see what Bobby Knuckles is getting (disclosed, obv) for his first defence.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

Really? Pop over to the one on W. Flamingo at Cimarron, or Sahara and St. Louis. I don't think I've ever spent more than an hour or so in either one. The one on Sahara has a billion clerks, and always moves pretty quick.

To be fair, one can literally look online at the wait times before deciding which one to choose.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Marching Powder posted:

The post card conferences? Nope. They used to be something I watched religiously in the old format. Always fun and relaxed. Dana and his punch children was the best show. I have no idea why they ruined them.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

JaySB posted:

To be fair, one can literally look online at the wait times before deciding which one to choose.

Oh, yeah. That, too.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

chaleski posted:

Yeah I can't even remember the last time I heard anything interesting happen in one, did they ever give a reason why they stopped doing them?

Because there was always a bunch of dudes sitting there with their dick in their hands while every question goes to Conor or whatever.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Ratios and Tendency posted:

Because there was always a bunch of dudes sitting there with their dick in their hands while every question goes to Conor or whatever.

I kinda love UFC 200 because of the prolonged dead silence when the UFC suit goes "any questions for meisha, any more questions for meisha?"

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Marching Powder posted:

Nope

Hell the links to the post fights used to be religiously posted in the threads and the gdt would continue for those shenanigans. I cant remember the last time i saw a postfight link.

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Although Bisping getting drunk and talking poo poo to Rockhold was awesome, it may have helped the UFC make their decision. He definitely called Luke that mean f word and they had to physically separate the two. I don’t think it was the last group presser, but it was close.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

FishBowlRobot posted:

Although Bisping getting drunk and talking poo poo to Rockhold was awesome, it may have helped the UFC make their decision. He definitely called Luke that mean f word and they had to physically separate the two. I don’t think it was the last group presser, but it was close.

UFC 201 was the last one. Dunno if they didn't want to have Conor and Nate sitting near each other after 202 or what, could have just been a production decision

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Memento posted:

UFC 201 was the last one. Dunno if they didn't want to have Conor and Nate sitting near each other after 202 or what, could have just been a production decision

Yeah, who knows? Now I’m remembering that awesome moment in the Diaz-McGregor 1 presser when Nate comes in and Conor’s expression changes as he avoids looking at him.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

TheRationalRedditor posted:

still can't believe that he turned it around so long after establishing himself as the permanent MW gatekeeper / false callout decoy for fighters from the "can't talk good and want to learn how to read better" institute

It's impressive that scoring one decent win against a relevant opponent absolutely qualifies as turning it around for Michael Bisping, who once had to cheat against Jorge Rivera, who I promise exists.

chaleski posted:

I remember it started with Conor. They gave him his own press thing after 194. Then they thought it would work for non-Conor people. It doesn't.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
The reason they gave Conor his own was his personality and presense was so big hed control every full table presser just by being there. And that wasnt even a bad thing those early pressers were grrat, still gently caress modern Conor the Bus Beater.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
^^ Someone lost a parlay it seems.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Snowman_McK posted:

It's impressive that scoring one decent win against a relevant opponent absolutely qualifies as turning it around for Michael Bisping, who once had to cheat against Jorge Rivera, who I promise exists.

nah

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I just wanna know why Luke Rockhold registered on this dead forum under the pseudonym Snowman_McK

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
rename the warhammer fanfic knife guy dook cocksmoke

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Snowman_McK posted:

imagine not loving michael bisping

shameful

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.
Some people just can't understand why being a rude oval office is so god drat funny.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Bisping and Dom Cruz live slapfights from the commentary booth will always be funny to me.

Disgusting Coward
Feb 17, 2014

El Roncho posted:

Some people just can't understand why being a rude oval office is so god drat funny.

It is possible to enjoy the rude oval office and also acknowledge that he had to cheat to beat a 500 year old Jorge Rivera, squeaked by a head hosed Denis Kang and was killed 5 times in a row by the zombie remains of 50% of Dan Henderson.

These facts add to the majesty.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

yeah i live on the other side of town now so im using a closer one, but man do i not miss the hendo hell hole

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

El Roncho posted:

I don't mind him being a cockhead, it's his astonishingly thin skin that actually annoys me. The old adage that if you can't take it, don't dish it out.

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I just wanna know why Luke Rockhold registered on this dead forum under the pseudonym Snowman_McK

Being a model/fighter was getting dull, and it was this or learn boxing defence.

Disgusting Coward posted:

It is possible to enjoy the rude oval office and also acknowledge that he had to cheat to beat a 500 year old Jorge Rivera, squeaked by a head hosed Denis Kang and was killed 5 times in a row by the zombie remains of 50% of Dan Henderson.

Don't forget getting outboxed by Matt Hammil.

Soothing Vapors posted:

imagine not loving michael bisping

shameful

Hey, I'm happy for him. He managed an actual win over someone who actually mattered at the time he beat him, having failed to do that during the entire rest of his career. He legitimately did turn it around and got his one relevant win.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Being a model isn’t the same as painting a model

Freudian slippers
Jun 23, 2009
US Goon shocked and appalled to find that world is a dirty, unjust place

Disgusting Coward posted:

These facts add to the majesty.

Bisping cheated in order to injure and punish Rivera not because he was losing. Bisping was in control of the fight but Rivera had really gotten under his skin in the build up. Bisping was furious, lost his temper and blatantly kneeed Rivera in the face while he was grounded. Followed up by spitting on Rivera's corner too.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Shouldn't have come at The Count.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Freudian slippers posted:

Bisping cheated in order to injure and punish Rivera not because he was losing. Bisping was in control of the fight but Rivera had really gotten under his skin in the build up. Bisping was furious, lost his temper and blatantly kneeed Rivera in the face while he was grounded. Followed up by spitting on Rivera's corner too.

dont forget about the extremely egregious fence grab

p sure dj mikey b had some issues with knees to the head of a grounded opponent on tuf as well

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Remember when he beat Mayhem at airhockey and then fell off the table celebrating?

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.
Remember when he got such a robbery decision against Matt Hamill that a London audience showered him with boos?

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Mr. Nice! posted:

Remember when he beat Mayhem at airhockey and then fell off the table celebrating?

That owned

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

El Roncho posted:

Remember when he got such a robbery decision against Matt Hamill that a London audience showered him with boos?

He’s fookin standin!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freudian slippers
Jun 23, 2009
US Goon shocked and appalled to find that world is a dirty, unjust place

LobsterMobster posted:

dont forget about the extremely egregious fence grab

p sure dj mikey b had some issues with knees to the head of a grounded opponent on tuf as well

It was a loving travesty that he was not DQ'ed in that match. It was all so blatant. With the knee, you can really see him think about doing it and then doing it.

• Locked thread