Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Ishimori basically quit and went to TNA for 6 months so as to keep up appearances that he wasn't jumping ship to New Japan, as I understand it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Baron Corbyn posted:

If Hideo left WWE to go to NJPW, I can only imagine how mad the NOAH faithful would be. They already seem pretty mad at NJPW for how their working relationship worked out and for Ishimori.

nth the MOTYC for Hiromu/Dragon Lee

2nd the HM for Ospreay/BUSHI

Those 12 people will be really upset.

Beyond Wrestling All Day:
HM: Joey Janela vs Walter
HM: Mia Yim vs Keity Lee

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

KENTA actually trying to have a WWE career should be able to keep most NOAH fans from being to upset if he went to New Japan though given he's pretty broken down and old I don't see how they'd sign him except for maybe a G1 tour.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

kenta would be a fine guy to feed to kushida or hiromu or sho in the semi-main of a dominion but no interest in seeing him hobble around in new japan for any real length of time thx. let him retire to ddt

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
WWE is petty enough that they probably keep him around just so they can have the innovator of the GTS.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He's not even allowed to do the GTS anymore.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

HM: Musta aukko (Pyöveli Petrov, Möykky and The San, with Mahtava Perkules) vs Kolme ässää (Make Smooth, Jami Aalto and Shemeikka), six-man tag elimination match @ Wrestling Show Live! Omega (5/26)

I really wish FCF would upload more of their matches on YT so people could see this poo poo. This was a near-perfect example of a chaotic, exciting elimination tag match that incorporated months and months of storyline build. Also included a shoestring-budget Terminator-inspired entrance ten times better than HHH's stupid, probably ridiculously expensive bullshit at WrestleMania.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
HM: KUSHIDA vs SHO 5/27

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

MassRafTer posted:

I loving loved that match I 2nd this

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

3rd

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

Yeah I agree

Overall this BOSJ has been better than last years

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

MOTYC: Io Shirai (c) vs Momo Watanabe for the Wonder of Stardom Championship - Stardom Gold Star (5/23)

Momo really kicked loving lumps out of Io. Absolutely fantastic match and Momo has all the potential to step up and carry Stardom into the future if she's wrestling like this at the age of 18.

It's not up on Stardom World, but if you want to watch it now or you want to watch WWE's newest acquisition for free then go to https://fujitv.live/fujitv and sign up using your email address for a one day free trial. Then go to Channel 86 for Samurai TV, it aired yesterday (5/29) at 22:00. After watching the show, you can use the rest of your free day watching whatever Japanese wrestling you want on the channel (or Lucha Underground subtitled in Japanese if you ever wanted to do that) if you want, or I guess you can watch whatever else random Japanese TV you want.

GEORGE W BUSHI fucked around with this message at 16:34 on May 30, 2018

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
HM Cedric Alexander vs Buddy Murphy 205 Live 5/29/18

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Nthing MOTYC - Hiromu Takahashi - Dragon Lee BOSJ Night 6

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

What does the list look like now, Jerusalem?

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

Blessed be the woodworkers
The crosses and the gallows

Blessed be the forgers of iron
And the spikes and the barbwire

Blessed be the stone cutters
It took a quarry to bury the dreams
Seconding Io vs. Momo. I had the pleasure of seeing it live, too.

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!

achillesforever6 posted:

HM Cedric Alexander vs Buddy Murphy 205 Live 5/29/18

2nd, it's impressive when they get anything out of the crowd for this show. Cedric rules but Buddy Murphy is real good, too.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Auritech posted:

Seconding Io vs. Momo. I had the pleasure of seeing it live, too.

Also Nthing Cedric vs Buddymurphy

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I'm not nominating it for anything, I just want to recommend everybody watch Shayna Baszler vs Dakota Kai from this week's NXT. It was real good.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
You wrote Shayna Baszler vs Nikki Cross wrong, boss.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Gaz-L posted:

You wrote Shayna Baszler vs Nikki Cross wrong, boss.

I'm saving that for my dark horse MOTYC

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
HM: Kushida vs El Desperado, NJPW 5/30

Nominating before i finish watching on the strength of the flatbed spot alone.

E: rest of the match also owns, Kushida is the best

Your Boy Fancy fucked around with this message at 05:57 on May 31, 2018

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

TTBF posted:

What does the list look like now, Jerusalem?

Real sorry I haven't been keeping up, I've been juggling about 1000 things on my schedule and I'm sick as a dog, so hopefully I haven't missed anything out. I believe Flyer/Volador Jr vs. Ultimo Gurrero/Templario at CMLL Gran Alternativa Finals was one short of a MOTYC nomination so I've put it into the HM category for now.

Here are May's additions to the nominations:

Matches of the Year
05/03 | Jun Kasai vs. Hyper Misao - Tokyo Joshi Pro YES! WONDERLAND 2018
05/04 | Kazuchika Okada (C) vs Hiroshi Tanahashi for the IWGP Heavyweight Championship - New Japan Wrestling Dontaku
05/12 | Will Ospreay vs. Matt Riddle - OTT ScrapperMania IV
05/18 | Flyer/Volador Jr vs. Ultimo Gurrero/Templario - CMLL Gran Alternativa Finals
05/19 | Sho vs Dragon Lee - NJPW Best of the Super Juniors Night 2
05/23 | Io Shirai (C) vs. Momo Watanabe for the Wonder of Stardom Championship - Stardom Gold Star
05/24 | Kento Miyahara (C) vs. Naomichi Marufuji for the Triple Crown Heavyweight Championship - AJPW 2018 Super Power Series
05/25 | La Familia Real (LA Park, Volador Jr, Flyer) vs. Los Ingobernables (Rush, Terrible, Bestia del Ring) - CMLL Viernes
05/25 | Hiromu Takahashi vs. Dragon Lee - NJPW Best of the Super Juniors Night 6

Worst Matches of the Year
05/06 | Nia Jax (C) vs. Alexa Bliss for the Raw Women's Championship - WWE Backlash
05/06 | Carmella (C) vs. Charlotte Flair for the Smackdown Women's Championship - WWE Backlash
05/06 | Roman Reigns vs. Samoa Joe - WWE Backlash

Honorable Mentions
05/04 | Will Ospreay (C) vs. KUSHIDA for the IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship - New Japan Wrestling Dontaku
05/06 | Seth Rollins (C) vs. The Miz for the Intercontinental Championship - WWE Backlash
05/11 | Tomohiro Ishii vs Keith Lee - Rev Pro Wrestling Epic Encounter
05/18 | Will Ospreay vs. Taiji Ishimori - NJPW Battle of the Super Juniors Night 1
05/19 | Muscle JK Strikers (Reika Saiki & Marika Kobashi) (c) vs. Ito Respect Army (Maki Ito & Mizuki) for the Tokyo Princess Tag Team Championships - Tokyo Joshi Pro Let's Go to Kitazawa in the Spring, Bring Your Friends!
05/22 | Hiromu Takahashi vs. El Desperado - NJPW Best of the Super Juniors Night 4
05/27 | KUSHIDA vs Sho - NJPW Best of the Super Juniors Night 8
05/29 | Cedric Alexander (C) vs. Buddy Murphy for the WWE Cruiserweight Championship - 205 Live

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 12:33 on Jun 3, 2018

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Nthing Io vs Momo. This spot was really dangerous but also badass.

https://twitter.com/narukiroy/status/1002033671178727424?s=19

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Senerio posted:

Also Nthing Cedric vs Buddymurphy

Are you 2nding Io vs Momo too? If you are that gives it the 4 it needs to get on the list.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Jerusalem posted:

Are you 2nding Io vs Momo too? If you are that gives it the 4 it needs to get on the list.

Yeah, sorry, figured that was implicit. Was a good match.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I'll nth Flyer/Volador Jr vs. Ultimo Gurrero/Templario for MOTY

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Thanks, updated :)

Edit: Actually, you were one of the ones who already seconded the MOTY nomination, so it still needs one more.

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Jun 1, 2018

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
I'll be the fourth on Flyer/Volador vs Templario/UG. I was way behind on CMLL so I was also behind on nominations.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
HM: Park/Park/Volador Jr vs Los Ingobernables CMLL 6/1

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

MassRafTer posted:

2nd

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

Yep, nth’d.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

Yeah, it was fun but not unmissable like last weeks, also

HM: Angel de Oro/Cuatrero CMLL 6/1

The ending alone qualifies it for HM status

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
I will second Angel/Cuatrero

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Third for Angel De Oro vs Cuatrero

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

Yeah, I’ll back that too. Third fall was top notch.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
MOTYC: Arcángel Divino, Black Destiny, Genio del Aire vs Black Danger, Mirage, Último Maldito - AAA - 4/20
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqHmlSQ94Us&t=190s
Just got freed from the Twitch paywall to Youtube. The most insane high flying spot match you will see all year. These guys are all regulars on The Crash doing this stuff but that never makes tape, so we're blessed they booked them in AAA.

I'll also note that the cruiserweight #1 contenders 4-man that starts around 35:30 I'd also put at almost HM level, and the tag title match starting at like 50:20 is good too. All around this is a very solid episode of wrestling television.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

HM: Hiromu Takahashi vs. SHO - BOSJ 6/2

SHO has been the breakout star of the tournament for sure. Some really nice power stuff out of him in this match.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Baron Corbyn posted:

SHO has been the breakout star of the tournament for sure.

Yoh: :tinfoil:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

tbf to YOH, SHO definitely got the block more conducive to breakout performances.