Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Henchman of Santa posted:

One of the wilder things about this is that he hasn’t even been a bad GM! People got mad about the Hinkie firing but I think everyone agrees that Simmons (admittedly a no-brainer), Redick, Belinelli, etc. were good pickups and he unloaded Okafor. Jury is out on Fultz but he was the consensus top prospect.

well hello, Eric Jr.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

BWV posted:

well hello, Eric Jr.

Please, call me Still Balling

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Eric Jr is like a Filipino guy's name

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

I imagine Eric Trump called himself Eric Jr for a long time

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

Yeah... He gone.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

A good hire

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Henchman of Santa posted:

One of the wilder things about this is that he hasn’t even been a bad GM! People got mad about the Hinkie firing but I think everyone agrees that Simmons (admittedly a no-brainer), Redick, Belinelli, etc. were good pickups and he unloaded Okafor. Jury is out on Fultz but he was the consensus top prospect.

I am apparently the only person who remembers that the Fultz trade was the thing that first caused all the hardcore process people to declare it a huge victory and prompted the RTRS dorks to RT anyone who'd ever said anything mean about it

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

MalarkeyToboggan posted:

Yeah... He gone.

Yeah that's not a denial at all. It's a "here's the groundwork for termination"

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

MourningView posted:

I am apparently the only person who remembers that the Fultz trade was the thing that first caused all the hardcore process people to declare it a huge victory and prompted the RTRS dorks to RT anyone who'd ever said anything mean about it

I remember very well and everyone wanted Danny to have hosed up the offseason really badly so his moves (sans Hayward) got a lot of forced chuckles and taunting

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Hahah the Google SEO is warming up

e: The rabbit hole is going even deeper

https://www.reddit.com/r/sixers/comments/8n5zgp/eric_jr_jerry_not_bryan/

Cool Buff Man fucked around with this message at 14:57 on May 30, 2018

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

holiest of molies

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
https://twitter.com/william_lou/status/1001635546702151681

lol

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Lord God, thank you for giving us the NBA in all of its glory, all of its dunks, all of its parachute twitter accounts.

amen

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
First Pusha-Drake now this, I feel truly blessed this May.
Thank you for bringing back the deandre saga for people cuz now I'm just imagining Mark Cuban driving around Dallas aimlessly in tears begging the Jordan family in his bitch baby voice for DJ's address

Also kudos to Whichever Colangelo for confirming my suspicions that like X% of white people are secretly Trumpist sympathizing motherfuckers but too fuckboy to reveal but I guess we already knew that

Lmao sixers fans are the best
https://twitter.com/piratebro/status/1001683993413214208?s=21
https://twitter.com/awgib/status/1001727618889248769?s=21

p.s. I LOVE THIS GAME

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

It's a normal collar. Move on.

Hahaha, This is absolutely what is going on and I love it even more.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

There are billions of amazing jokes and tweets being made and you choose these nice lil jabs as an example

Gotta get meaner with it

Lockback posted:

Hahaha, This is absolutely what is going on and I love it even more.

I'm fully convinced tbqh

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
p.p.s. This is definitely NOT legendary basketball star and excellent head coach Mark Jackson but I just wanna say y'all need JESUS and also Steve Kerr doesn't know what the gently caress he's doing

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Fred Hoiberg's burner account is still easily convinced that Fred Hoiberg is not very good.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Lockback posted:

Fred Hoiberg's burner account is still easily convinced that Fred Hoiberg is not very good.

Aw shucks, he may be in over his head but you gotta think he's trying his best at least. I watched MEATBALLS with him and he seemed like a nice dude. I will admit it's weird he can't wear ties though

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

good morning

i went to bed early last night

saw joel's tweets

lmao

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

this is gonna gently caress up our offseason so bad

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Lockback posted:

Hoiberg's idea of security would be to make his username NedBoiBerg

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1001826765872906243

My head is spinning

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
The “It’s Jerry” theory actually makes a lot of sense.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

rjmccall posted:

Yeah I actually kinda buy that too. Never let old people use the internet

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Yeah it's definitely Jerry which would be the funniest outcome

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

rjmccall posted:

Yeah when I saw it last night it made so much sense and is actually even funnier

Some sleuth needs to find out the last two digits of his phone number!!

FrankeeFrankFrank
Apr 21, 2005

Say word son.
I wish Philly was in the finals right now.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

So Eric Jr was by far the worst account, did any of the other accounts spill poo poo?

Edit: Lol, other accounts appear to be mostly collar defense

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

rjmccall posted:

I can see that. Jerry could actually be that dumb

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Lockback posted:

So Eric Jr was by far the worst account, did any of the other accounts spill poo poo?

One of them bags on Hinkie/Ujiri a lot and defends BC's shirts but that's about it. Eric Jr. is the worst one.

Edit: nevermind

morestuff fucked around with this message at 15:57 on May 30, 2018

FrankeeFrankFrank
Apr 21, 2005

Say word son.
Is that avatar a kitten or an owl?

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
Jerry being the second tweeter is a real Law & Order quality twist.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://twitter.com/defnotBC/status/1001836349123522561?s=19

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Eric Jr is 100% Jerry

BC only has 1 son, Jerry has 3 other daughters

quote:

Calls himself an "old man" in a lot of his twitter posts

Mentions Jesus / god a ton. From his wiki: "Colangelo has spoken about his faith saying, "The first priority in life is to have that relationship with Jesus Christ. So your faith is number one. ... God [has] a plan for my life."

When all the other burner accounts went private, Eric Jr's did not. Guessing the others were truly Bryan's, but Eric Jr. was Jerry.

From the Ringer: "One of the few non-basketball accounts followed by Eric jr is an Arizona man named Lawrence “LB” Bain. Bain’s Twitter bio lists his location as Paradise Valley, a small town in Maricopa County, Arizona, that is five miles from the address of JDM Partners LLC, a financial company where Jerry Colangelo is a partner." It's much more likely that Jerry would follow this man, not Bryan...

Also from the Ringer: "Eric jr went on the attack. “I sat NEXT to you and [Dwyane Wade] at Beijing Olympics and saw you both being rude nasty to little kid fan,” the account said. “Had to eat yr pizza. … You showed no respect to this little kid, who are you to stand on high grounds? Never looked at DW the same after that.” During the 2008 Olympics, Jerry Colangelo, then the managing director of the U.S. men’s national basketball team, was in Beijing." JERRY was there, not Bryan. It's much more likely he was sitting next to Dwayne Wade as the managing director of the Olympic team.

All the other connections (e.g. watching his Grandson's Chicago basketball team, defending Brian, criticizing Hinkie / Masai, etc.) all still make complete sense with Jerry instead of Brian.

Last but not least, rearrange "Eric Jr" --> "Jerri C". Okay that one's a stretch, but still.

Nissin Cup Nudist fucked around with this message at 16:07 on May 30, 2018

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Jerry is also still employed by the 76ers, right? So it's still their special advisor ragging on the star player he wasn't around to draft.

Hand Knit posted:

Jerry being the second tweeter is a real Law & Order quality twist.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Eric Jr is 100% Jerry

BC only has 1 son, Jerry has 3 other daughters

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

#20 has to be flat wrong because there's LiAngelo getting arrested in China, and that snowballing into a minor international incident.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Hand Knit posted:

#20 has to be flat wrong because there's LiAngelo getting arrested in China, and that snowballing into a minor international incident.

Also Lavar basically buying a Lithuanian team so his sons could score 40 points on 50 shots against Eastern Bloc teenagers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Bryan Colangelo (or is that one...JERRY??) having an enduring petty envious hatred for Masai is my favorite takeaway from this

• Locked thread