Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

RottenK posted:

while you're laughing it up, Todd Howard is preparing to ascend to his final form

It happens when he announces "Skyrim 2" and nobody will be able to stop him from doing it.

"I'm pleased to announce Skyrim 2: Black Marsh."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sneaky Wombat
Jan 9, 2010

Viewtiful Jew posted:

It happens when he announces "Skyrim 2" and nobody will be able to stop him from doing it.

"I'm pleased to announce Skyrim 2: Black Marsh."

The Elder Scrolls V-3 : Dovakin returns. :smug:

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
I used to love fallout. 1 & 2 were awesome when they came out. New Vegas was right up there too. However 3&4 are just poo poo and it’s sad that the poo poo streak is going to continue with 75.

They just feel so drat soulless

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Raged posted:

I used to love fallout. 1 & 2 were awesome when they came out. New Vegas was right up there too. However 3&4 are just poo poo and it’s sad that the poo poo streak is going to continue with 75.

They just feel so drat soulless

They are all oblivion with guns

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
im going to play and also enjoy fallout 76

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

same, looking forward to cool rear end Fallout Mountains

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

There's almost 76 skyrims too, so I guess it's only fair that we get Fallout 76 now.

Also this seems like the first prequel Fallout game, all the others have been in chronological order.

Atomic Robo-Kid
Aug 18, 2008

.Blast.Processing.

So it looks like another New Vegas kind of spinoff? Im ok with that.

Still need to keep my expectations low, could end up being a battle royale game for all I know.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
I think it's cool that Beth have finally gone back on their dumbass 'only move the timelime forward' thing. the aesthetic will actually work now.

edit: vvvvv gently caress, nevermind. I guess it makes sense it wouldn't be a full Fallout game, since all the 3D ones very much have their location as part of their identity.

The Walrus fucked around with this message at 15:58 on May 30, 2018

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Fallout 76 is probably multiplayer. It's from a studio that previously worked on a hero shooter, so think Overwatch or, more likely, PUBG.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Team Sonic Racing got leaked by Walmart so Sega went gently caress it and just unveiled it now instead of doing their Twitter thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZMkv8_w1yI

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

an actual dog posted:

Fallout 76 is probably multiplayer. It's from a studio that previously worked on a hero shooter, so think Overwatch or, more likely, PUBG.

Overwatch except every hero is Junkrat

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Policenaut posted:

Team Sonic Racing got leaked by Walmart so Sega went gently caress it and just unveiled it now instead of doing their Twitter thing.

The loving Walmart leak with actual screenshots is more substantial than this

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Macaluso posted:

The loving Walmart leak with actual screenshots is more substantial than this

presumably the plan was to show gameplay at e3 after the trailer

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

sharrrk posted:

presumably the plan was to show gameplay at e3 after the trailer

Walmart has beaten E3, release the gameplay, Sega

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

The other rumor for Fallout 76 is a base building survival game which makes more sense to me than a hero shooter or battle royale.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

It's really weird that they're letting people think it's something it's clearly not, it's gonna sour a lot of people on the game.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
It's a kart racer my uncle works at Falloutendo Inc. and he told me.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
the teaser looks like it has many of the same assets as fo4 so I would be surprised if it wasn't on the same engine as fo4 and honestly if a studio managed to hack that into a real multiplayer game they probably deserve some kind of award, so my bets are on fo4 base building spin off. Please, please have working vehicles because Fallout 76 immediately made me think of Interstate 76.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I don't think the game with the Take Me Home, Country Roads teaser music is going to be set in Ohio, dude

but it might be

e: unless you mean the game interstate 76 in which case I like your style

Barudak
May 7, 2007

If there is no tricentennial achievement burn it all to the ground

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I hope if it's a spin-off, Bethesda learns a little from their hype on mods, really leans into it, and actually makes modding more accessible. Having to use, often multiple, third party applications and workarounds to import new meshes and textures and animations into the game is a gigantic pain in the rear end.

Babe Magnet fucked around with this message at 16:43 on May 30, 2018

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Policenaut posted:

I would be okay with this being a Sonic only racer if not for the fact that I remember the story with Sumo Digital talking about how happy they made the developers at SEGA who worked on Skies of Arcadia back in the day when they got to show them the Rogues' Landing track with Vyse flying around the stage. Like it was a real feel-good moment for those peeps that they got to see this IP they left behind years ago get a shout-out like this :unsmith:

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

https://youtu.be/anGslxO-Ig8?t=7

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

My uncle at Nintendo passed me a design document for the Nintendo Direct for E3. It was only one page but it describes how this Direct will open

A totally real internal Nintendo document posted:

Fade in from black. Pitch black room. Single old tube style TV is on, displaying only static. Camera raised enough so you can see the screen above the back of the head of the loan figure sitting on a steel stool watching the TV. It’s Reggie.

The screen flashes to a random person. “The switch is ok but it only has all ports!” Shot changes to a frontal shot of Reggie with a remarkably emotionless expression illuminated solely by the TV.

Switch again to behind the head shot. Screen flashes again. “The Switch doesn’t have any games!” Again it changes to the frontal shot of Reggie, slowly zooming on his face. There’s still no expression. He doesn’t blink.

The shot changes again to be behind him. The TV again changes to another random person. “But where are the Switch games?” As the shot changes the camera has continued to zoom in on Reggie’s blank face. The shot is close, his eyes are unfocused as if staring through the camera and the TV.

The shot changes to a new angle for the first time, showing Reggie in profile with the TV out of view but still illuminating him. There comes horrible, panicked screaming from all the people who have appeared on the screen mixed together in a terrible cacophony. Reggie slowly turns his head towards the camera, recognizing it for the first time. Still unblinking, still expressionless he stares directly at it and says “Welcome to Nintendo’s 2018 E3 Direct” He places a hard annunciation on the T in direct as something black and viscous drops from the left corner of his mouth

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Babe Magnet posted:

I hope if it's a spin-off, Bethesda learns a little from their hype on mods, really leans into it, and actually makes modding more accessible. Having to use, often multiple, third party applications and workarounds to import new meshes and textures and animations into the game is a gigantic pain in the rear end.

not going to happen

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I know, even if it wasn't engine limitations, Bethesda still made money off of people doing it the hard way so they wouldn't have any reason to put the extra time and effort in anyway lol

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

The full reveal is going to be that Bethesda has teamed up with Blizzard to release a VaultDweller Solider 76 skin in Overwatch

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

this time, I do want to set the world on fire......

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
fallout battle royale with a full vats system that pauses the match for everyone any time a player activates vats, including the times it triggers but there's nothing to target for some reason.

friendly 2 da void
Mar 23, 2018

an actual dog posted:

The other rumor for Fallout 76 is a base building survival game which makes more sense to me than a hero shooter or battle royale.

The trailer heavily heavily implies that its some kind of building or management game.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I'd rather have an XCOM base building / base defense game

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

I would love to manage hundreds of shithead vault dwellers

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Fallout Shelter owned though

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Crackdown 3 may be slipping to 2019.

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

Dr. VooDoo posted:

My uncle at Nintendo passed me a design document for the Nintendo Direct for E3. It was only one page but it describes how this Direct will open

Utnayan was right /s

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Why is every prime X1X game delayed so much? Sea of Thieves took like 3 years to finally get a release after like probably 5 of development. Scalebound was also pushed a long time until it finally died on the road.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Never coming out.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

DLC Inc posted:

Why is every prime X1X game delayed so much? Sea of Thieves took like 3 years to finally get a release after like probably 5 of development. Scalebound was also pushed a long time until it finally died on the road.
Because Microsoft are utterly incompetent when it comes to the XBOX.

spudsbuckley posted:

Never coming out.
Also, this is probably what's going to happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

76 refers to the amount of platforms it will be released on ovee the next 10 years

• Locked thread