Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
The person behind the tweets is:
Jerry Colangelo
Bryan Colangelo
Jerry & Bryan Colangelo
Sam Hinkie
Joel Embiid
Someone Else (Post the best conspiracy theories you go)
View Results

• Locked thread
morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
https://twitter.com/rich_hofmann/status/1001976597778518016?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
Somebody find that press conference video and see if he was looking under the table constantly

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I'd bet my house on Eric Jr being Jerry

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

i like this conspiracy thing better. it's not one insanely insecure person, it's one big retarded family affair

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

sharknado slashfic posted:

I'd bet my house on Eric Jr being Jerry

Eric Jr = Jerri C

It's an anagram!

TheKevman posted:

It was all the colangelos, just like the Sam Hinkie video game on the ringer. Too many colangelos like whack a mole

:science: It's an Italian name so I think the plural would be Colangeli.

Troppi Colangeli!

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
http://twitter.com/didthesixerswin/status/1001982391106318343?s=21

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
This is a Law and Order rear end twist

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
This never stops getting better come on you mother fuckers reveal Hinkie was the source

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

the wife will def take the fall and Colangelo will be cleared. Like when Gretzky's wife admitted to be "addicted to gambling."

once this happens we can move onto the real quest: finding proof that Hinkie is the AI leaker

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
He should probably still get shitcanned if it’s his wife

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

BC - non tweet account
JC - Eric Jr
Mrs. C - the account that tweets about collars
The Son - probably?

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

morestuff posted:

He should probably still get shitcanned if it’s his wife

yeah, this isn't goodell's wife tweeting how handsome roger is and what a good job he's doing. this is ingratiated members of an organization leaking info and calling for players to be exploited. even if the org thinks he's cleared, it's a nightmare for player relations & FA

TheKevman
Dec 13, 2003
I thought Mad Max: Fury Road was
:mediocre:
so you should probably ignore anything else I say

Hahaha this just gets more and more amazing and I'm so glad I love the NBA

yea ok posted:

yeah, this isn't goodell's wife tweeting how handsome roger is and what a good job he's doing. this is ingratiated members of an organization leaking info and calling for players to be exploited. even if the org thinks he's cleared, it's a nightmare for player relations & FA

This forever. This is intensely private stuff.

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

I'm not a basketball guy but this whole affair is extremely good and I hope the guy doesn't get fired for a month and keeps astroturfing for himself and/or his family in increasingly desperate ways. Thank you

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Apparently when you enter his wife's phone number into the Twitter password reset you get a "We found more than one account with that phone number" message :getin:

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
Never in my wildest dreams did I imagine the ENTIRE FAMILY had burner Twitter accounts. It's beautiful

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

NotWearingPants posted:

Eric Jr = Jerri C

It's an anagram!

:science: It's an Italian name so I think the plural would be Colangeli.

Troppi Colangeli!

This is making me think of the Black Dynamite diner scene

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Having your wife and dad ruin your career would be tragic if your professional success wasn't the result of egregious nepotism.

This is Shakespearean Irony.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

BWV posted:

Having your wife and dad ruin your career would be tragic if your professional success wasn't the result of egregious nepotism.

I love this post.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

This owns

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

deadspin now referring to this scandal as "woodergate"

TheKevman
Dec 13, 2003
I thought Mad Max: Fury Road was
:mediocre:
so you should probably ignore anything else I say

BWV posted:

Best

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
this is so loving stupid lol. an entire family of insecure weirdos throwing shade at young athletes on fake twitter accounts while simultaneously talking about jesus and who can and cannot gently caress their relatives

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
this is the funniest sports story in a long, long time and i can't wait to see where this rabbit-hole leads :allears:

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
http://twitter.com/Liberty_Ballers/status/1001998248444342274

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
I feel like the 76ers had the oddest story of the season going with Markelle Fultz, then the Kawhi Leonard estrangement took the freak show spotlight away so the Sixers are responding with a chaos dunk.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

holy poo poo lmao

This also indirectly implies that the "AI algorithms" didn't actually work correctly, because AI can for drat sure tell the difference between a husband and wife's writing styles. That cover story is almost definitely fake.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
This might have crossed over from Twitter into comment sections

https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=26&p=66479405

e: This seems shakier on closer examination, but otoh it could also be exciting new ground

xbilkis fucked around with this message at 03:08 on May 31, 2018

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

BWV posted:

the wife will def take the fall and Colangelo will be cleared. Like when Gretzky's wife admitted to be "addicted to gambling."

once this happens we can move onto the real quest: finding proof that Hinkie is the AI leaker

It doesn’t clear him at all if it’s his wife

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

xbilkis posted:

Apparently when you enter his wife's phone number into the Twitter password reset you get a "We found more than one account with that phone number" message :getin:

Lmaoooooooo :wow:

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

xbilkis posted:

e: This seems shakier on closer examination, but otoh it could also be exciting new ground

"I respect your point of you"

:laffo: there's no way

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://twitter.com/ShopTheProcess/status/1002008041904992257?s=19

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

xbilkis posted:

Most of his Disqus comments seem to be on articles from "The Sixers Sense". I think I also noticed the same thing in the tweets.

The Sixers Sense is the worst. It makes Liberty Ballers look like the NY Times. I follow every possible Sixers RSS feed (old skool) except that one. I haven't been back in a while, but it had articles that seemed to have been written by 6th graders. They were just long versions of bad Disqus comments. I'm appalled that this might be where the Colangelos chose to fight their twitter battles.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

AnacondaHL posted:

holy poo poo lmao

This also indirectly implies that the "AI algorithms" didn't actually work correctly, because AI can for drat sure tell the difference between a husband and wife's writing styles. That cover story is almost definitely fake.
Nah. The algorithms only inferred that the accounts were of the same provenance, based on their liking patterns and tweets. It’s not like minority report. Bryan’s account never actually tweeted anything.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

AnacondaHL posted:

holy poo poo lmao

The Ringer story said it was data analysis based on who was followed and certain linguistic quirks. I used to run a text analytics AI team and I can assure you it is not nearly as precise as you are making it out to be. Family members who share common follows and talk about the same topics with the same terminology would definitely score as very similar.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I still don't understand the psychosis of making multiple anonymous burner accounts to share the same general thoughts. A part of me wants to believe that Bryan just told his wife "Hey, that looks fun...make me an account on your phone so I can talk about Nerlens being a piece of poo poo when I get the itch too"

I'm not letting go of the idea this is a Colangelo family Murder on the Orient Express situation and everyone from Jerry to Bryan's son has a hand in it

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

xbilkis posted:

It's absolutely her.
https://twitter.com/MHC_76/status/1002018490323210245?s=19

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

xbilkis posted:

lmao twitter doesn't even require a phone # for registration, dumb olds, smdh

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

BWV posted:

https://twitter.com/FakeRobCharry/status/1002014695476416515?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Wait did Bryan Colangelos wife pretend to be a gay man named Jacob to talk about how hot her husband is

• Locked thread