Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Turn camera away from goblin, lure Ganon into corner, slay

If the camera is off the goblin, it won't render and it will stay passive and out of aoe range

To the guy asking for bandages, the story map where you invade the shrine to links many forms has a ton of them. If you use the mats pots, you can get up to 10ish?per run, maybe more

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

tithin posted:

If the camera is off the goblin, it won't render and it will stay passive and out of aoe range

What the fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu :byodood:

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

tithin posted:

Turn camera away from goblin, lure Ganon into corner, slay

To the guy asking for bandages, the story map where you invade the shrine to links many forms has a ton of them. If you use the mats pots, you can get up to 10ish?per run, maybe more

RatHat posted:

Is that the one that asks you to defeat the "horse rider"? I got that wrong the first time because Ganondorf rides a horse in some cutscenes.

Ah yeah, that's also a thing.

Been doing quite a few things out of order recently. Current Lv. 4+ weapons gotten (usually without getting some of the lower-ranked ones). Some, particularly the Grand Travels weapons, can easily be done using someone other than the required character:

Hylian Sword (Link, unlocked his Lv. 3 weapon before I got the 4+ version so yeah, but at least he can now hit enemies for supereffective damage using any of the elements in the game now)
Gauntlets (Link)
Summoning Gate (Lana)
Dominion Rod (Zelda)
Great Sword (Ganondorf)
Scimitar (Zant)
Ring (Wizzro)
Sand Wand (Toon Link)
Cutlass (Tetra, did it using only a 5* Rank 1 Cutlass and Tetra leveled to Lv. 40)
Rito Harp (Medli)
Bell (Marin, actually has no character requirements at all so I went hogwild using my most powerful ones haha)
Rental Hammer (Ravio, him and Yuga are the only ones to date where I properly unlocked all the weapons in order for this edition)
Picture Frame (Yuga)

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
What level weapons should I tackle the Lorule map with? I tried to beeline all the characters after beating Legend mode and the Lorule characters were the only ones it was too hard to get to.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Leal posted:

What the fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu :byodood:

Hahaha yep, that's a thing. If it's not in your line of sight, apparently it doesn't exist. Same happened to me in a Midna/Zelda quiz.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

Wow, that explains why sometimes boomerang stunning dudes will feel like the stun takes forever to wear off.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Viridiant posted:

What level weapons should I tackle the Lorule map with? I tried to beeline all the characters after beating Legend mode and the Lorule characters were the only ones it was too hard to get to.

Technically, it's best to do so with Lv. 3 weapons, but if it's only characters, it should be fine with a decent Lv. 1 weapon.

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte
I’m on my least favorite mission. The three escaping Lanas. How should I deal with them? It makes me want to throw the Switch out the loving window.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Condoleezza Nice! posted:

I’m on my least favorite mission. The three escaping Lanas. How should I deal with them? It makes me want to throw the Switch out the loving window.
It can help if you're not "behind" (messed up earlier objectives) but what helped for me was to sick the other captains on them with the command function. Once you engage one, they'll somewhat stop trying to retreat, so you can sort of abuse their aggro like this. Also, if your other captains are going after them you can quickly swap and at least try to delay them.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo

I just had trouble with it. Let Gharim (not checking the name's spelling) go after the one Lana that he wants to go after.

Go for the two in the West while they're still close together.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
How long is the story mode, I'm pretty sure I saw "FINAL BATTLE" like 5 times at this point.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

There's like 32 levels in Legend Mode across all character arcs and tales.

Artic Puma
Jun 22, 2007

Chef Curry with the pot, boy!

If you know it's coming you can get to the fairy fountain as they are coming out of it and try to fight all three at once. If they are mostly engaged with you they won't try to run away and you can command the other captains onto whoever gets away to slow them down. This worked for me on normal but I'm sure it's harder on the higher difficulties.

Also, make sure to make a save right before you finish the previous objective so that you can easily retry if you fail.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I'm really getting my teeth into the first adventure mode map and it's fun as poo poo. I like how it encourages me to learn characters I otherwise wouldn't give a drat about. It rules except for when it made me unlock Tingle and play as Tingle to unlock Twili Midna.

What's the point of the level each individual stage has though? Just a recommended minimum character level?

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Pierson posted:

I'm really getting my teeth into the first adventure mode map and it's fun as poo poo. I like how it encourages me to learn characters I otherwise wouldn't give a drat about. It rules except for when it made me unlock Tingle and play as Tingle to unlock Twili Midna.

What's the point of the level each individual stage has though? Just a recommended minimum character level?

How difficult it is relative to other missions of the same type on the map.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

It took me a while to figure out that the "level" there doesn't mean character level, but rather the relative difficulty of challenges of that particular type.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
Once I figured out how easy it is to cheese the maps where every attack is devastating by just using arrows, those became my favorite maps to unlock things on. The level of all of those maps is 1. It doesn't matter if it says it's level 10. It's actually 1.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Viridiant posted:

Once I figured out how easy it is to cheese the maps where every attack is devastating by just using arrows, those became my favorite maps to unlock things on. The level of all of those maps is 1. It doesn't matter if it says it's level 10. It's actually 1.

Link with the master sword or Zelda with the baton are indispensable for those levels

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

Viridiant posted:

I've been doing the same thing. Darknuts are sometimes tough if they whirl their sword towards your butt though. I also sometimes get whacked by weak mobs while running through them but you're left with 1/4 heart and can still complete it with an A rank for damage taken.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Folt The Bolt posted:

Ah yeah, that's also a thing.

Been doing quite a few things out of order recently. Current Lv. 4+ weapons gotten (usually without getting some of the lower-ranked ones). Some, particularly the Grand Travels weapons, can easily be done using someone other than the required character:

Hylian Sword (Link, unlocked his Lv. 3 weapon before I got the 4+ version so yeah, but at least he can now hit enemies for supereffective damage using any of the elements in the game now)
What map / where abouts is this one located? I don't see any link 4+ on Grand Travels, I'm guessing its one of the ones on Lorule but the only one I've managed to get to so far is the 4+ epona. (Didnt try the mission since I only have rank 1)

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Oxyclean posted:

What map / where abouts is this one located? I don't see any link 4+ on Grand Travels, I'm guessing its one of the ones on Lorule but the only one I've managed to get to so far is the 4+ epona. (Didnt try the mission since I only have rank 1)

You are correct. Koholint Island had mainly side character Lv. 4+ weapons + one tertiary Link and Lana Lv. 4+ weapon (because Link and Lana were the only characters who had more than two weapons in OG Hyrule Warriors; Zelda's Dominion Rod was DLC in the original so it was shunted off to Lorule), Grand Travels had mainly villain Lv. 4+ weapons as well as the secondary Lv. 4+ weapon for characters who have one (with the exception of Linkle because the Boots weapons are all found on Koholint), while Lorule basically has all the Lv. 4+ weapons for characters with a choice for multiple weapons that aren't found in the other two maps (which includes the primary weapon for everyone who has one).

So Link's Hylian Sword is found in the Lorule Map, on a red square mission.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
Do you have to physically pick up materials and weapons as you play or does the game just put them in your inventory as they spawn, whether you “collect“ them or not?

I’d think you would have to, but I remember hearing somewhere that you don’t, so I’m asking.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Anything not picked up is tallied at the end. The only items to pick up like treasure chests and skulltulla.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
How difficult is it to A-Rank the mission in P-2 of the first Adventure Map? "Fight as a warrior of water!" Lv. 3, limited to Link. I haven't unlocked the Great Fairy weapon set for him yet, and I really don't feel like slogging all the way down to the opposite corner of the map just to grab it so I can clear this to get access to Linkle's level 1 Pegasus Boots set.

W.T. Fits fucked around with this message at 00:30 on May 30, 2018

Mylan
Jun 19, 2002

Folt The Bolt posted:

Technically, it's best to do so with Lv. 3 weapons, but if it's only characters, it should be fine with a decent Lv. 1 weapon.

Is there some min-max thing going on with weapon levels? I think i've seen someone mention unlocking them in a certain order? So far my plan was to just play the adventure maps in order, dipping into later ones only to unlock chars who are required in earlier maps (like toon link for the first map).

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

W.T. Fits posted:

How difficult is it to A-Rank the mission in P-2? "Fight as a warrior of water!" Lv. 3, limited to Link. I haven't unlocked the Great Fairy weapon set for him yet, and I really don't feel like slogging all the way down to the opposite corner of the map just to grab it so I can clear this to get access to Linkle's level 1 Pegasus Boots set.

I powered through it with the master sword. Took 2-3 tries and a lot of babysitting

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

W.T. Fits posted:

How difficult is it to A-Rank the mission in P-2? "Fight as a warrior of water!" Lv. 3, limited to Link. I haven't unlocked the Great Fairy weapon set for him yet, and I really don't feel like slogging all the way down to the opposite corner of the map just to grab it so I can clear this to get access to Linkle's level 1 Pegasus Boots set.

You don't need to use the recommended element type to get a good rank.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Mylan posted:

Is there some min-max thing going on with weapon levels? I think i've seen someone mention unlocking them in a certain order? So far my plan was to just play the adventure maps in order, dipping into later ones only to unlock chars who are required in earlier maps (like toon link for the first map).

Higher rank weapons get more slots which means more weapon skills, so even if you're not getting all those Rank 3-4 weapons for the power boost they give, it's worth getting them for the amount of weapon skills you can cram onto a higher-rank weapon (+ the Lv. 4+ versions have a secondary element in addition to the main element to hit more enemies for supereffective damage).

There's no need to unlock weapons in a set order if you're experienced at the game (I've been unlocking weapons out of order for quite some time now because as someone who played Hyrule Warriors and Hyrule Warriors Legends, I've gotten a pretty good understanding of the various movesets to know how to possibly proceed with an underpowered character... and occasionally get around restrictions).

I say that you can get away with just a decent lv. 1 weapon here though because the early missions of Lorule Map is not very hard and can be done with lv. 10 characters packing a good lv. 1 weapon, up to and including unlocking Yuga, as well as Ravio and Yuga's Lv. 2 weapons (something underlined by the fact that both come at lv. 15 when unlocked).

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Can any stage be a co-op stage? If a stage has a character restriction, can the second player pick a different character anyway? ...Can I use a second controller to bypass that stage where Fi has to fight The Imprisoned?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

YggiDee posted:

Can any stage be a co-op stage? If a stage has a character restriction, can the second player pick a different character anyway? ...Can I use a second controller to bypass that stage where Fi has to fight The Imprisoned?

Yes, just note that you're gonna have to keep the first player safe, also they'll have to be in the fort for the enemies to spawn.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Just might be worth it

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

W.T. Fits posted:

How difficult is it to A-Rank the mission in P-2 of the first Adventure Map? "Fight as a warrior of water!" Lv. 3, limited to Link. I haven't unlocked the Great Fairy weapon set for him yet, and I really don't feel like slogging all the way down to the opposite corner of the map just to grab it so I can clear this to get access to Linkle's level 1 Pegasus Boots set.

Bongo Bill posted:

You don't need to use the recommended element type to get a good rank.

Yeah I did it at level 34 with Link using the spinner without too much trouble.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Is there some trick to the "Defeat your enemies...with kindness!" stages? I got one and there's a million things happening at once, some soldiers spawn, it tells me to protect them, they instantly die, a ghosts spawns and makes me instantly lose.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Tae posted:

Anything not picked up is tallied at the end. The only items to pick up like treasure chests and skulltulla.

Though poo poo despawns if there are too many drops starting with the oldest stuff so grabbing mats is still a good practice if you see em.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Zore posted:

Though poo poo despawns if there are too many drops starting with the oldest stuff so grabbing mats is still a good practice if you see em.

Whaaaaat? And the despawned stuff isn't counted at the end of the mission?

I already have too much stuff to handle, I can't be running around trying to pick up stuff too :negative:

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Your Computer posted:

Whaaaaat? And the despawned stuff isn't counted at the end of the mission?

I already have too much stuff to handle, I can't be running around trying to pick up stuff too :negative:

Yeah, it holds like 20ish drops in memory before other stuff forces despawn. It usually is just lovely bronze captain drops so I wouldn't like go out of my way to scour the map for them, but grab em if you see em.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Oxyclean posted:

Is there some trick to the "Defeat your enemies...with kindness!" stages? I got one and there's a million things happening at once, some soldiers spawn, it tells me to protect them, they instantly die, a ghosts spawns and makes me instantly lose.

You will loathe that event like the plague. If you don't make sure that the Hylian Captain makes it back safe and sound to the Allied Base, he will come back as a Hylian Ghost and bring all sorts of misfortunes on your army like making everyone flee (if the map allows a secondary character, them fleeing makes the game think they died which is why you lost) or taking away your Rupees, lowering your allies' morale, etc.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Folt The Bolt posted:

You will loathe that event like the plague. If you don't make sure that the Hylian Captain makes it back safe and sound to the Allied Base, he will come back as a Hylian Ghost and bring all sorts of misfortunes on your army like making everyone flee (if the map allows a secondary character, them fleeing makes the game think they died which is why you lost) or taking away your Rupees, lowering your allies' morale, etc.
This happened to me, but I didn’t lose

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

This game's difficulty makes no sense. Ghirahim's 4+ weapon mission is absurdly hard to the point I couldn't manage an A with Shiek's 4+.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
The only time I don't like this game is when giant bosses refuse to do the attack that opens them up. Fought a manhandela for several minutes without it doing a thing that lets me boomerang it so I had to run off and find magic jars and that let me take a chunk of life off it then I had to do it again.