Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
If you release a game for the XB1X right now when 10 people own the console you will only have 10 sales max. Better to wait in my opinion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
So it’s called Fallout 76 and will likely not take place in Philly? That just seems weird.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Andrast posted:

Fallout is more popular than ever

Star Wars, Fallout, Avengers etc. are so big that they have their own gravity. They will make money and grow simply as the world population expands whether they are good or not, old or new formula. Changing things up a bit doesn’t have to be a reactionary thing to losing consumers but can be a response to a growing fan base and wanting to be on the cutting edge of the industry.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Roth posted:

76 refers to the amount of platforms it will be released on ovee the next 10 years

It's also the number of patches/mods it needs to be playable

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

So it’s called Fallout 76 and will likely not take place in Philly? That just seems weird.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Jason Schreier posted:

When Bethesda announced Fallout: 76 with a teaser trailer this morning, promising more information at E3, it was easy to assume that the new game would be a traditional single-player role-playing game. But Fallout: 76 is in fact an online survival RPG that’s heavily inspired by games like DayZ and Rust, according to three people familiar with the project.
A few years late to this trend Beth

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Fallout 76: Survival Evolved: Exiles

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
heavily inspired by "DayZ" and "game that eats all your free time" should send some alarm bells

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
https://twitter.com/anthemgame/status/1001843427342872576

this got missed in all the Fallout posting.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Their NFL ARG rubs me the wrong way.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

DLC Inc posted:

Why is every prime X1X game delayed so much? Sea of Thieves took like 3 years to finally get a release after like probably 5 of development. Scalebound was also pushed a long time until it finally died on the road.

State of decay 2 just launched with only one or two major new features after 5 years of dev wasted switching engines.

Ms is real bad at managing studios both internal and external.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Anthem will launch half done to boost year end profits and bioware closed by fall

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

That's okay, Bioware will be missed too.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Real hurthling! posted:

Anthem will launch half done to boost year end profits and bioware closed by fall

i’m not a gambling man but i’d put money on thhis

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

i think its more that absolutely no one is hyped for this loot box whale funded f2p destiny clone

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Cowcaster posted:

i’m not a gambling man but i’d put money on thhis

I thought it was already pushed to spring 19 and the new Battlefield given its original release window.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I thought it was already pushed to spring 19?

Yep thats year end for ea's financials

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

bioware will not be missed after all the good will they've pissed in the past 8 years, I can tell you that much

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!

Is this their loot box screen

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

So, this new Fallout thing is some kind of online game? Wasn't Bethesda the studio that was saying just a little while ago how committed they are to single-player? What happened to that?

Doorknob Slobber posted:

i think its more that absolutely no one is hyped for this loot box whale funded f2p destiny clone

Why would Anthem be f2p when they can charge full price for it and go full loot box? It is EA, after all :)

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Random rear end in a top hat posted:

So, this new Fallout thing is some kind of online game? Wasn't Bethesda the studio that was saying just a little while ago how committed they are to single-player? What happened to that?

They have elder scrolls online for like 3 years

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

Real hurthling! posted:

They have elder scrolls online for like 3 years

I think there's kind of a big difference between saying "We're gonna save single-player guys :downs:" when you already have a MMO going, versus saying that and then less then six months later announcing that the next entry to one of your biggest franchises is going to be online-only.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I think there's kind of a big difference between saying "We're gonna save single-player guys :downs:" when you already have a MMO going, versus saying that and then less then six months later announcing that the next entry to one of your biggest franchises is going to be online-only.

They released 3 or 4 big sp only games last year as a publisher. Also todd howard is a huge liar so hes prob just lying

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

well after the miscarriage that was Andromeda, its kinda understandable.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Dapper_Swindler posted:

well after the miscarriage that was Andromeda, its kinda understandable.

Andromeda was their former dlc content farm being given a budget and wasting it all for 2 years, throwing everything away and getting worked like slaves for 15 months to turn something out.

Anthem is gonna be the A team falling on their face

Macksy
Oct 20, 2008
76 vault dwellers in a vault... that's in the sky!

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Macksy posted:

76 vault dwellers in a vault... that's in the sky!

That you parachute into.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I guarantee you that Anthem will not have any gameplay-related lootboxes, possibly none at all.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Bethesda doesn't develop Elder Scrolls Online, they only publish it. ESO is mostly a Zenimax joint.

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

Mordja posted:

I guarantee you that Anthem will not have any gameplay-related lootboxes, possibly none at all.

Just out of curiosity, what are you basing this on? EA specifically said, earlier this month, that they’re going to continue putting loot boxes in their games, so I’m not sure why you would think this?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I'm guessing anthem is going to be Literally Destiny 2, with the same kind of lootboxes

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

At least Destiny 2 has the pedigree of Bungie having never changed the shooting mechanics since old Halo so it still feels good even with all the dumb poo poo they've done surrounding that game. Who's buying BioWare games because of the shooting mechanics?

Anyway South Korea leaked that Borderlands is getting a remaster for PS4 and Xbox One.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Policenaut posted:

At least Destiny 2 has the pedigree of Bungie having never changed the shooting mechanics since old Halo so it still feels good even with all the dumb poo poo they've done surrounding that game. Who's buying BioWare games because of the shooting mechanics?

Anyway South Korea leaked that Borderlands is getting a remaster for PS4 and Xbox One.

It's hosed up that Borderlands 2 was bundled with the terrible Pre-Sequel game instead of the original.

(Yes I know they're all bad.)

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

lol nobody is going to give a poo poo about a Borderlands remaster

AutomaticPrince
Jun 14, 2013

DLC Inc posted:

lol nobody is going to give a poo poo about a Borderlands remaster

It's me, the person who will give a poo poo. I'll buy it because I'm bad at life and financial decisions.

I also unironically enjoy Borderlands.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
All the borderlands games are good and pre-sequel was the best.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

LIVE AMMO ROLEPLAY posted:

It's hosed up that Borderlands 2 was bundled with the terrible Pre-Sequel game instead of the original.

2 and PS share the same engine, 1 was based on a much older and clunkier iteration of Unreal. So it was easy to port those two together and took until now to port 1.

haveblue fucked around with this message at 05:12 on May 31, 2018

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Just out of curiosity, what are you basing this on? EA specifically said, earlier this month, that they’re going to continue putting loot boxes in their games, so I’m not sure why you would think this?
They very publicly announced that their next Battlefield game wouldn't have gameplay-related microtransactions of any kind during its reveal, with veiled reference to the lootbox scandal and I'm pretty sure Battlefront 2 and the legislative response towards it has them running scared.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

LIVE AMMO ROLEPLAY posted:

I had a great time with Borderlands 2, and just starded pre-sequel. It seems okay so far, but i'm very early in the game. What's wrong with it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vakal
May 11, 2008

RottenK posted:

I had a great time with Borderlands 2, and just starded pre-sequel. It seems okay so far, but i'm very early in the game. What's wrong with it?

Not much for level variety. Mostly just moonscape.

Also, very Australian.

• Locked thread