Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Hedrigall posted:

Two new songs apparently got leaked early by a media outlet, one called Humility and the other called Lake Zurich.

I didn't hear them, but Gorillaz reddit is discussing them. Humility is apprently reminiscent of Ghost Ship from the Magic Whip.

There's a Gorillaz fan discord easily findable on the Reddit page where the tracks are being shared if you're into that.

Its real. The songs were just uploaded to youtube and its been blocked by WMG.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

the snatches of audio from those 2 that I found seem very funky. Whereas Ode to Idaho gives off a very twangy Demon Days feel. I have faith the new album will have more Damon on it than the last one because Humanz felt like just a big messy mixtape with no real quality control.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
I think the first half of Humanz is tight and excellent. It just loses coherence around Carnival and the second half is less consistent in terms of song quality. She's My Collar is the standout of the second half by far.

It's also messy because some of the best songs were saved for the bonus disc.

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches
I think Humanz is an incredibly tight and concise album but if you want something very different from it, that's what this album will give you.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Hedrigall posted:

I think the first half of Humanz is tight and excellent. It just loses coherence around Carnival and the second half is less consistent in terms of song quality. She's My Collar is the standout of the second half by far.

It's also messy because some of the best songs were saved for the bonus disc.

yeah same, the first half is mainly good and then the quality control spirals and putters out. Songs like She's My Collar/Strobelite/Charger are excellent and I also liked Apprentice and Submission but that stretch of Sex Murder Part/Let Me Out/Carnival was the definition of filler, as were the worthless intermissions. This isn't Songs for the Deaf, I don't need this poo poo on my tracklist.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

doublepost maybe but Humility single is coming out tomorrow and album was confirmed for June 29th.

Been listening to some rumored tidbits of unfinished stuff called Tranzformer/Duetz/Long Beach that sound like demos from Plastic Beach in the weird vaporwave funk sounds they have so if the album is anything like Plastic Beach mixed in with the twangy D-Days stuff they've done live then this album is gonna be really cool. What I'd really want is to hear that old Leviathan track with The Horrors that got cut from Plastic Beach, though.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

If it didn’t even make th cut for Plastic Beach I guarantee you’re not missing anything.

Macrame_God
Sep 1, 2005

The stairs lead down in both directions.

Music video for the new song "Humility" just dropped: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5yFcdPAGv0

E: Mispelled the name of the song :downs:

Macrame_God fucked around with this message at 23:30 on May 31, 2018

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Macrame_God posted:

Music video for the new song "Humanity" just dropped: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5yFcdPAGv0

lol weird

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

Whatever I'll take a video with 30 seconds of animation and Jack Black mugging for the camera over the mocap garbage from Humanz.

Song's good

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches
that Lake Zurich song is loving awesome

angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

Drink it up and hunker down

hughesta posted:

that Lake Zurich song is loving awesome

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nNtH7u0DSE

Both of these songs are real good.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Yeah good vibes with these. Compared to Humanz at least.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Macrame_God posted:

Music video for the new song "Humanity" just dropped: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5yFcdPAGv0

[ G O O D ]

CaptainViolence
Apr 19, 2006

I'M GONNA GET YOU DUCK

Macrame_God posted:

i'll have to listen again over the next couple days, but this may be my favorite gorillaz song since demon days. definitely my favorite gorillaz video in a long time, but i'm a sucker for ironic '80s miami vice-y style crap.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Tour announced

Gorillaz 2018 Tour Dates:
06/01 – Nuremberg, DE @ Rock Im Park
06/03 – Mendig, DE @ Rock Im Ring
06/09 – Dublin, IE @ Malahide Castle
06/15 – Barcelona, ES @ Sónar Festival
06/21 – Chiba, JP @ Makuhari Messe
07/05 – Werchter, BE @ Rock Werchter
07/06 – Gdynia, PL @ Open’er Festival
07/07 – Roskilde, DK @ Roskilde Festival
07/11 – Bern, CH @ Gurtenfestival
07/12 – Lucca, IT @ Lucca Summer Festival
07/14 – Bilbao, ES @ Bilbao BBK Live
07/19 – Nyon, CH @ Paléo Festival
07/21 – Carhaix, FR @ Vieilles Charrues
07/22 – Paris, FR @ Lollapalooza Paris
07/25 – Kiev, UA @ U-Park Festival
07/28 – Moscow, RU @ Park Live Festival
08/09 – Budapest, HU @ Sziget Festival
08/11 – Ovington, UK @ BoomTown Fair
08/16 – St. Pölten, AT @ Frequency Festival
08/17 – Biddinghuizen, NL @ Lowlands Festival
10/08 – Toronto, ON @ Air Canada Centre *
10/09 – Montreal, QC @ Bell Centre *
10/11 – Philadelphia, PA @ Wells Fargo Center *
10/13 – New York, NY @ Barclays Center *
10/14 – Boston, MA @ TD Garden #
10/16 – Chicago, IL @ United Center *
10/20 – Los Angeles, CA @ Demon Dayz Festival

* = w/ The Internet
# = w/ Little Dragon

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

holy poo poo these are both so funky and chill. This feels like a mashup of the catchy poo poo from the s/t album and Plastic Beach, total course correction. I love both.

Cercueil
Sep 21, 2006

New songs are cool. Murdoc's new look, not so much.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

C. E. Croix posted:

New songs are cool. Murdoc's new look, not so much.

Powerpuff Girls lookin motherfucker.

Jamie really just cribbed from PPG.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Dudes name is Ace, according to some people off r/Gorillaz it’s actually the character from PPG.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
http://gorillaz.wikia.com/wiki/Ace [david lynch voice] what the hell

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

New songs are pro and new album gonna be groovy as gently caress. Hope you all enjoy parklife and magic whip with a side shot of Paul Siminon.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Damon calls this one a summer album in the Zane Lowe interview and that’s extremely my poo poo.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

I don't know why but I lost my poo poo at this, I was laughing so hard. What in the hell

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Macrame_God posted:

Where’s Kyle :mad:

Cercueil
Sep 21, 2006

Skeezy posted:

Dudes name is Ace, according to some people off r/Gorillaz it’s actually the character from PPG.

Ahaha, that's awesome. Reading Crain's comment I was like "Oh he does look like that dude from the Gangreen Gang".

And then I read further down and it is him.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

How is this band live?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

How is this band live?

last I saw them was in....2011? For the Plastic Beach tour at MSG. They are fantastic live. Mos Def/Lou Reed/Womack/Little Dragon/ Miho Hattori were all there. No idea who will be showing up for the next tour but I'm guessing Little Dragon will be around for some of them since they are openers for half the new dates (Not NYC though :( )

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

I don't know why but this is hilarious to me

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

New tracks are real good. No London dates though Damon?

Macrame_God
Sep 1, 2005

The stairs lead down in both directions.

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

How is this band live?

Saw them in Atlanta during their last tour and it was a killer show. The songs from Humanz sound way better live. The one thing I remember most, however, was how the whole arena smelled like reefer. As soon as the first song started I got hit with a wave of skunk and it didn't let up until the show ended.

But yes, they do sound great live.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

Kids with guns is incredible live.

I’m frankly insulted there’s no Printworks secret gig.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
New album tracklist:

1. Humility (feat. George Benson)
2. Tranz
3. Hollywood (feat. Snoop Dogg & Jamie Principle)
4. Kansas
5. Sorcererz
6. Idaho
7. Lake Zurich
8. Magic City
9. Fire Flies
10. One Percent
11. Souk Eye

Source: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/the-now-now/1387814084

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
Might try to nab tickets to the Barclays show, though I also saw em last year in Atlanta, and the price of arena shows in NYC has loving skyrocketed and I bet lower bowl will easily be $120+ (and upper bowls at Barclays aren't worth it)

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

From the Gorillaz Mailing List

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Gorillaz and Powerpuff Girls have been Canon to each other for about 15 years, there's a blink and miss it cameo of the band during the movie for the latter, and Jamie and PPG creator Craig McCracken have been friends for a long time(during a Halloween episode of Craig's other show Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends one of the characters dresses up as Tank Girl)

honestly I would not be surprised at all if they end up revealing that Ace is Murdoc's bastard kid

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
I made a thing and I wanna post it so here.

https://streamable.com/9fwxb

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
for some reason I've had Andromeda stuck in my head ever since hearing those songs today. that's a song that did not stick with me at all when Humanz came out and now I love, weird

also probably old hat to most posters but I missed this single from last year (I don't think it's even on the Deluxe release of Humanz?) which is kinda in the same wheelhouse as today's songs

https://open.spotify.com/track/5pE9vMyvVNOpZFutt6lyy4?si=h8pJWDbNTwG7kMJDWOx74A

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

That was something Damon cranked out over a few days to kill time and it's legit my favourite phase 4 song.

Looking at Humility, I'm getting the impression that having so many collaborators on Humanz was the main reason that everything outside the music (and some of the music) seems to have been made on almost no budget. The animation and production is leaps and bounds ahead of what we had just one year ago.

Looking back, it's a shame that Momentz, Andromeda and We Got the Power will never get proper videos. I hope they seriously up their game on that front this time around. I know music videos aren't the draw that they were in the 2000s but they're such a big part of why I love this project.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
so uh what the gently caress is Ace doing here

like, I get that Hewlett and McCracken are friends but this is a little more substantial than "the Gorillaz cameo'd in a newspaper clipping and a Foster's character dressed up as Tank Girl"