Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mohawk Potato
Jan 15, 2008

Marquis de Pyro posted:

I can't believe WWE was discriminating against Enzo for having a really low IQ. Imo, he has a strong case

I can't believe Enzo has fans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Mohawk Potato posted:

I can't believe Enzo has fans.

I used to be an Enzo fan, a long time ago. :sigh:

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Enzo is very strong evidence that the most valuable thing NXT does is convince people who will support Literally Anything Non-WWE to support WWE.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

My GF doesn't really follow wrestling but was an Enzo fan when he was in NXT. His shtick was fun when he showed up every few weeks and only did it for a couple minutes. It turned to poo poo when he had to do a 10 minute promo every week.

She was sad but unsurprised that he is a sex pest.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Enzo was a decent heel and tbh it sounds like he was totally innocent of everything other than being a gigantic douche in this case, but WWE have fired all kinds of people who weren't gigantic douches for no reason so it's a really weird hill to die on

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Enzo was a decent heel and tbh it sounds like he was totally innocent of everything other than being a gigantic douche in this case, but WWE have fired all kinds of people who weren't gigantic douches for no reason so it's a really weird hill to die on

He wasn't declared innocent, by the way. The Phoenix PD said they would reopen the investigation if new evidence surfaced. He isn't cleared of suspicion in other words.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Enzo got fired because he put WWE in a weird spot without giving them the headsup first. Not to mention he was already on the bubble for being generally terrible. I can't believe Steph hosed this guy and then thought it would be a good idea to let him wrestle.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
Enzo being a creepy rapist pretty much ruined the "daughter of Ric Flair" promo, which I personally liked. :smith:

It's kind of weird how iDubbbz was able to drop a diss track on Enzo two weeks before the suspected rape, though.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Ric Flair being a sexual abuser didn’t already ruin it for you?

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Can't blame Charlotte for the (especially egregious) sins of the father. :shrug:

TinTower fucked around with this message at 01:27 on May 31, 2018

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

DarkstarIV posted:

So Enzo and his stupid fans are threatening to sue WWE and the accuser. His fans are citing this as why he will succeed:

Note: Connecticut is a fire at will state, and WWE has a morality clause which allows them to fire you for basically any reason.

Say what you will about WWE, but if Enzo sues them, I hope they completely ruin his life. And his chances of suing the accuser went out the window when he made that stupid rap video and also publicly thanked his fans for making her life miserable/stalking/threatening her.

I'll say WWE is run by an accused rapist so I hope he sues them and they both fall off a cliff.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

MassRafTer posted:

I'll say WWE is run by an accused rapist so I hope he sues them and they both fall off a cliff.

Not gonna happen. If said accused rapist's company got in any trouble of going he'd just ask his powerful accused rapist friend in DC for help.

Son of Man
Jan 29, 2003

by Azathoth
sounds like enzo is probably innocent but I'm still pretty positive Vince raped that lady ref

I'm like ~60% sure Vince raped nailz

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
I bring this up again, but Enzo potentially raping a lady was not the reason he got fired. It doesn't matter if he wasn't "Officially under investigation" if the Police questioned him regarding his potential involvement in a sexual assault case, guess what, you tell your boss about that. Heath Slater went through the same thing, but he told WWE that he was under investigation and it was happening and he still has a job today.

It isn't a complex situation, Enzo wasn't fired because of evul wammenz, He was fired because he made the WWE look stupid by having an under-investigation for sexual assault guy as their champion. And Enzo didn't tell them NOT because he knew of his innocence, but because he knew his push would be stopped cold until he was cleared.

WWE for once isn't actually in the wrong. Whoever is complaining seems to forget the WWE didn't just fire him on the spot, they suspended him because that's the standard practice, it was THEN after learning that his investigation had been ongoing for months that they fired him. Like... this isn't complex... there's a very clear path and absolutely none of it has to do with anything ridiculous.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Onmi posted:

I bring this up again, but Enzo potentially raping a lady was not the reason he got fired. It doesn't matter if he wasn't "Officially under investigation" if the Police questioned him regarding his potential involvement in a sexual assault case, guess what, you tell your boss about that. Heath Slater went through the same thing, but he told WWE that he was under investigation and it was happening and he still has a job today.

It isn't a complex situation, Enzo wasn't fired because of evul wammenz, He was fired because he made the WWE look stupid by having an under-investigation for sexual assault guy as their champion. And Enzo didn't tell them NOT because he knew of his innocence, but because he knew his push would be stopped cold until he was cleared.

WWE for once isn't actually in the wrong. Whoever is complaining seems to forget the WWE didn't just fire him on the spot, they suspended him because that's the standard practice, it was THEN after learning that his investigation had been ongoing for months that they fired him. Like... this isn't complex... there's a very clear path and absolutely none of it has to do with anything ridiculous.

I think this needs repeated all over the internet, honestly.

The existence of Enzo superfans loving baffles me.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
I keep hearing about how he's a great promo but he has one promo that he always cuts and thats about it

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I keep hearing about how he's a great promo but he has one promo that he always cuts and thats about it

I enjoyed him more down in early NXT where the pre-match shtick was actually varied up from match to match

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
My only real "fond" memory of Enzo is Miz straight up murdering him on the mic. And Enzo's comeback being "Well, you're a copycat".

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

coconono posted:

I think this needs repeated all over the internet, honestly.

The existence of Enzo superfans loving baffles me.

It seems to be the same gross combination of MRA rape accusation crusaders and fangirl women who hate other women that exists in every dorky subculture tbh. As long as it fits their narrative it doesn’t matter if the person/character in question is likeable or talented

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
how does enzo have fangirls, he is objectively the most hideous man in wrestling

Abdullah the Butcher is more fuckable

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Mel Mudkiper posted:

how does enzo have fangirls, he is objectively the most hideous man in wrestling

Abdullah the Butcher is more fuckable

He preys on one with severe mental illnesses.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

And people under the influence of drugs and alcohol. Remember that line from the NXT washout's interview about telling Finn to get an apartment next to the bars? Enzo has always been a fuckin creep

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
I mean bars are a place where people try to meet people, still. (Though I suspect not as much these days, I see a lot more couples.)

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

coconono posted:

And people under the influence of drugs and alcohol. Remember that line from the NXT washout's interview about telling Finn to get an apartment next to the bars? Enzo has always been a fuckin creep

That's the thing too.

Even in Enzo's version of the story she wasn't really able to consent. He's still a rapist, just the kind the law doesn't go after.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

I'm suing Enzo for dating Liv Morgan, denying me the ability to call him an unfuckably ugly idiot

Web Jew.0
May 13, 2009

Mel Mudkiper posted:

That's WWE telling him to cut the same promo though. The ones he cut on Cass and the ones he did as heel champ were all really different and really good.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Web Jew.0 posted:

That's WWE telling him to cut the same promo though. The ones he cut on Cass and the ones he did as heel champ were all really different and really good.

Did WWE also tell him that going over the top rope is dumb and bad and botching that is really, really good?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

there is evidence that they may have

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Mel Mudkiper posted:

The one at Battleground with him, Cass, and Cena vs. The Club was pretty loving incredible. Cena broke character to acknowledge how good it was and the crowd was mental for it. Enzo still sucks though.

Aphrodite posted:

That's the thing too.

Even in Enzo's version of the story she wasn't really able to consent. He's still a rapist, just the kind the law doesn't go after.

Also this.

dromal phrenia posted:

I'm suing Enzo for dating Liv Morgan, denying me the ability to call him an unfuckably ugly idiot

And this. :mad: Also dromal, do you mind if I PM you about some stuff?

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Enzo is what if Road Dogg was a PUA.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Enzo is Road Dogg without the legacy or the sense to clean up after himself.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

And if everyone he worked with hated him

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Defiance Industries posted:

And if everyone he worked with hated him

Road Dogg is an Armstrong. Even the gods despise the Armstrong wrestling family.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Enzo, trying to defend himself: "Oh, she didn't say no."

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

SamuraiFoochs posted:

And this. :mad: Also dromal, do you mind if I PM you about some stuff?

not at all :)

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
I liked the promo where he told D-Von that Big Cass would slap him so hard it would put his lazy eye back to work.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Wasn't part of the whole thing that Enzo demanded a blowjob and said that the girl in question should be honoured because he has loads of Instagram followers?

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Gonzo McFee posted:

Wasn't part of the whole thing that Enzo demanded a blowjob and said that the girl in question should be honoured because he has loads of Instagram followers?

To be clear we have like... no idea what actually happened. But her statement was

quote:

“He replied, ‘Bitch I have 1 million followers on Instagram…you should be begging for this dick,” she wrote, adding that he then proceeded to restrain her and raped her.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

I was being a bit glib at "Asian Jake Paul" working too well as a diss track against Enzo, but Jesus Christ. :stonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

I like how he's 31 but looks 48