Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

univbee posted:

World of Warcraft and Diablo IV on PS4, a PS4 Pro 2.0, Destiny 2 DLC titled "Ghosts of Nagasaki", a ton of other things.

Maybe it was a fluke then, because a good half of that sounds pretty much like bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Sunning posted:

Someone has to re-edit the trailer to Jump Up Superstar from Super Mario Odyssey.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I probably just remembered wrong. Dominanance sounds like a pretty plausible AC title though.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

That list is super fake. The greek asscreed has been rumored since origins launch. LIkely more of a conversion like rogue was than a full fledged new game but we'll know when we get a date

Orv
May 4, 2011
Some of it is plausible, some of it has been disproved by other announcements, Battlefield ect, and some of it is just hilariously off base.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

DLC Inc posted:

I guess we're getting an Origins sequel

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1002213917211455488

I liked Origins but man I hope this doesn't come out in 2018. Has Ubisoft learned nothing about series fatigue

Origin was a lot of fun to play as a newcomer to the series.

Really wish they'd go modern day for once tho

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Did Origins ever get that Historical mode they were talking up as an educational tool? I always thought that would be pretty neat to explore around in since the Assassin's Creed games are usually pretty good about making an interesting recreation of old settings, even if the gameplay turns out a little stale after a while.

Orv
May 4, 2011

FPzero posted:

Did Origins ever get that Historical mode they were talking up as an educational tool? I always thought that would be pretty neat to explore around in since the Assassin's Creed games are usually pretty good about making an interesting recreation of old settings, even if the gameplay turns out a little stale after a while.

It got that, it's pretty neat for what it is. It strips the combat from the game, allows unrestricted fast travel, changes a few things around for better accuracy, and has a ton of commentary.

They also added a cheat mode to the game which allows you to mutate a lot of the games systems and mechanics, spawn things, and generally screw around.

Oh and the DLC wasn't bad either.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Orv posted:

Some of it is plausible, some of it has been disproved by other announcements, Battlefield ect, and some of it is just hilariously off base.

There are also some things on that list that were at least hinted at by earlier announcements such as the new Life is Strange game being revealed soon (though most likely that's gonna happen during Square's conference considering it's one of their most popular western IPs). But yeah, otherwise I think that list is mostly bullshit.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Yeah.

My big one is Splinter Cell, which has all but been confirmed at this point but we don't know any kind of specifics.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Larryb posted:

There are also some things on that list that were at least hinted at by earlier announcements such as the new Life is Strange game being revealed soon (though most likely that's gonna happen during Square's conference considering it's one of their most popular western IPs). But yeah, otherwise I think that list is mostly bullshit.

I'm glad that I don't have to make LiS2, because that just seems like a minefield. What even is the core brand of LiS? High-school narrative game? Narrative game with supernatural twist? Murder mystery with a character focus?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

1. Coming of age melodrama.
2. Twist of the supernatural.
3. Hella gay.

Those are the only expectations, the story is free to go in any direction.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

CottonWolf posted:

I'm glad that I don't have to make LiS2, because that just seems like a minefield. What even is the core brand of LiS? High-school narrative game? Narrative game with supernatural twist? Murder mystery with a character focus?

Possibly none of the above considering they've said the next game will feature a brand new cast and setting (though whether or not that means it won't have anything to do with the plot of the first game remains to be seen). Though then again, Square doesn't actually make those games so much as they just publish them and own the rights to the series so it could be possible that it winds up dropping during Sony's conference after all.

exquisite tea posted:

1. Coming of age melodrama.
2. Twist of the supernatural.
3. Hella gay.

Those are the only expectations, the story is free to go in any direction.

I would probably add episodic and choice based gameplay with some kind of gimmick attached to that list as well. But otherwise yeah, they pretty much have free reign to do whatever they want with this one.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 18:03 on May 31, 2018

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Orv posted:

It got that, it's pretty neat for what it is. It strips the combat from the game, allows unrestricted fast travel, changes a few things around for better accuracy, and has a ton of commentary.

They also added a cheat mode to the game which allows you to mutate a lot of the games systems and mechanics, spawn things, and generally screw around.

Oh and the DLC wasn't bad either.

Neat. I've thought about Origins but I don't own a PS4 and I heard the PC version was just terrible in terms of performance because of the DRM stuffed in there so I passed. Maybe down the road I'll get a chance to play it.

Orv
May 4, 2011

FPzero posted:

Neat. I've thought about Origins but I don't own a PS4 and I heard the PC version was just terrible in terms of performance because of the DRM stuffed in there so I passed. Maybe down the road I'll get a chance to play it.

It's not because of the DRM, nor was it a universal issue. It's already been on frequent and fairly deep sale on Steam, next time it rolls around you can buy it and refund it if it doesn't work well but it is, AFAIK, fixed for pretty much everyone.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Ya I didn't buy it(Origins) on release because of the performance but if I remember correctly in the steam thread people said it was pretty much completely fixed.

I just hope there is a leak for the new From game and that it isn't a sony exclusive.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Ulio posted:

Ya I didn't buy it(Origins) on release because of the performance but if I remember correctly in the steam thread people said it was pretty much completely fixed.

I just hope there is a leak for the new From game and that it isn't a sony exclusive.

If you mean shadows die twice from the game awards i dont see any chance its exclusive. If it was sony would be extremely proud to tell you so.

There might be other exclusive from projects tho

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Orv posted:

It's not because of the DRM, nor was it a universal issue. It's already been on frequent and fairly deep sale on Steam, next time it rolls around you can buy it and refund it if it doesn't work well but it is, AFAIK, fixed for pretty much everyone.

Good to know, I might grab it some time.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

On AC: Odyssey:

Kotaku posted:

Rumors about the next Assassin’s Creed have been circulating for months now—some real, some fake—but the one we’ve been hearing since January from our own sources is that the game is indeed set in Greece, and that it’ll be even more of a drastic departure for the series than Origins. We’ve heard the same details from three people who have played the game, and several more who have heard about it secondhand. While Origins added Witcher-like RPG elements, Odyssey will take things even further, those people said, bringing dialogue options to the series for the first time. You’ll be able to play as either a male or a female protagonist, although the builds we’ve heard about did not feature Origins’ main characters Bayek or Aya, but new heroes.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

[in EDF voice] Chicks with bows! Chicks with bows!

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
the first assassins creed where I can do a gay sex

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

cool but i hope bayek and aya still show up but if its the flaviun dynasty as some have said. i doubt it.

Orv
May 4, 2011
If it is, as suspected, the Rogue to Origins' Black Flag, there will probably be no cross-over at all. Basically a new map, story and characters, generally the same mechanics with some refinements/improvements.

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!
Awesome, more bitching from the nerds about female protagonists.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Since Ubisoft is so dedicated to preserving the canon of Assassin's Creed despite nobody on earth caring about it anymore I wonder how they would explain customizable assassin characters in-universe.

Orv
May 4, 2011

exquisite tea posted:

Since Ubisoft is so dedicated to preserving the canon of Assassin's Creed despite nobody on earth caring about it anymore I wonder how they would explain customizable assassin characters in-universe.

Animus glitch is the cure all for literally every single one of these issues. It's dumb.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

exquisite tea posted:

[in EDF voice] Chicks with bows! Chicks with bows!

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

exquisite tea posted:

Your ancestors were twin brother and sister assassins, and through the power of incest you can choose to play as either one.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

exquisite tea posted:

who knows. my guess is it will be ME: Andromeda but the one you play as lives.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

First AC female protag Aisha Tyler or im out.

The Skeleton King
Jul 16, 2011

Right now undead are at the top of my shit list. Undead are complete fuckers. Those geists are fuckers. Necromancers are fuckers. Necrosavants are big time fuckers. Skeletons aren't too bad except when they bleed everyone in the company. Zombos are at least not too bad.

I guarantee that I will be upset about smash entirely because there will be no playable waluigi.

Policenaut posted:

From Software's working on three games right now, Armored Core, a dark fantasy thing, and "Shadows Die Twice" which is probably either Tenchu or a Tenchu-inspired game, and since Shadows Die Twice was at PSX the VGAs last year I imagine it'll be at Sony this year.

Motherfucker. Did they really confirm a new armored core? Did they?! Because that is very good news for me. I loving love armored core. Don’t loving lie to me about armored core!

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

The Skeleton King posted:

Motherfucker. Did they really confirm a new armored core? Did they?! Because that is very good news for me. I loving love armored core. Don’t loving lie to me about armored core!

Miyazaki said From are working on 3 games a year ago or 2 years ago I forgot. They later had a statement saying Armored Core is not dead so that's why people think it is one of the 3 games. The rumor I read a while back said a Soulslike game, armored core and a third game. Also possibility of one of those being vr or and sony exclusive.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

CottonWolf posted:

I would put money on it having three of those four things.

I would like to avoid putting more money on :airquote:games as a service:airquote: thank you for understanding.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

The Skeleton King posted:

Ulio posted:

Miyazaki said From are working on 3 games a year ago or 2 years ago I forgot. They later had a statement saying Armored Core is not dead so that's why people think it is one of the 3 games. The rumor I read a while back said a Soulslike game, armored core and a third game. Also possibility of one of those being vr or and sony exclusive.

From Software working on three new games, one of which is a new Armored Core

From Software: ‘We have no intention of ending the Armored Core series in its current state’

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Ulio posted:

drat this is such a good idea.

Cultural Marxist
Jun 29, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Ulio posted:

Unlucky, it was Amber Goldfarb.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

Assassins Creed Rammers coming Spring 2019

rear end.CREE.AMMERS.

CottonWolf posted:

They only got this skilled through years of practice.

EA reminds me Lieutenant Marimow from The Wire who's basically sent in by bureaucrats to sabotage investigative units when they get too close to doing actual good work

I can't find video clips but anyone who's seen him on that show will know what I'm talking about.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I hope the armor system is more dress-upy than it was in Origins. The outfits were all a bit samey and if you're going to turn me into a loot-whore you might as well go whole hog down to letting me pick separate pauldrons or something.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

I hope the armor system is more dress-upy than it was in Origins. The outfits were all a bit samey and if you're going to turn me into a loot-whore you might as well go whole hog down to letting me pick separate pauldrons or something.

this. i stuck to maybe one or two outfits for the whole game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Dapper_Swindler posted:

who knows. my guess is it will be ME: Andromeda but the one you play as lives.

This, but the character you created is the one that dies, and the one you hosed around on is the one you have to play as. Oh, and the Death happens about 6-7 hours into the game to discourage people from just starting over when they realize what happened.

• Locked thread