Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Chalk another up on the "our surprise got leaked so gently caress it" scoreboard.

https://twitter.com/assassinscreed/status/1002331391789617152

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Policenaut posted:

Chalk another up on the "our surprise got leaked so gently caress it" scoreboard.

yeah, ubi does that alot.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

If Odyssey is mid-late 2019 that'd be fine imo. Late 2018 would suck cause I think a 2 year cycle would be good for the series (as a massive fan of the first 5-6 years of the franchise).

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Policenaut posted:

THIS!

IS!

BETHESDA!

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

You mean Ubisoft?

Ubisoft and Bethesda seem awful at stopping leaks. Also Nintendo as well.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

With Ubi and Bethesda I think they're just bad at it, Ubi especially because of overzealous marketing. With Nintendo I think it's because they're always the most scrutinized and speculated about so people go out of their way to find out everything they possibly can about what they're doing.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Ulio posted:

Ubisoft and Bethesda seem awful at stopping leaks. Also Nintendo as well.
To be fair they're the only companies with anything worth leaking. Sony and Square-Enix announce everything early then leave us all waiting years for the games to actually materialize, EA hasn't produced a game anyone would bother leaking in a generation, and Microsoft... well your games can't leak if you don't develop any.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Keep in mind there are so many different leaks that a real one can slip under the radar.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Plus leaks this close to E3 are pretty minor, honestly. Internet people being vaguely aware of something a week or two out, especially in an obviously ongoing franchise can't really hit you in a meaningful way.

Amorphous Abode
Apr 2, 2010

We may have finally found unobtainium but I will never find eywa.

And also all of these leaks suck and are for boring rear end games for idiots. If a new Billy Hatcher got leaked then I'd have something to talk about.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

J-Spot posted:

To be fair they're the only companies with anything worth leaking. Sony and Square-Enix announce everything early then leave us all waiting years for the games to actually materialize, EA hasn't produced a game anyone would bother leaking in a generation, and Microsoft... well your games can't leak if you don't develop any.

EA's leak every year alternates between A NEW BATTLEFIELD or Star Wars game.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.

The Silver Snail posted:

And also all of these leaks suck and are for boring rear end games for idiots. If a new Billy Hatcher got leaked then I'd have something to talk about.

Holy poo poo don't joke. Billy Hatcher is a loving amazing rear end game that deserves more love.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

J-Spot posted:

Xbox announces games all the time... that they have no intention of making

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I'm actually quite glad the new Smash characters haven't been leaked yet because I really enjoy seeing that in realtime with everyone. It was quite fun seeing the internet explode when they announced Cloud.

There's a lot of stuff that gets leaked for E3 that I think isn't a big deal because it's almost never gameplay footage that's leaked, so they still get to show that off. Mario and Rabbids is an example of something that was super leaked but it didn't really matter because seeing it during the show was awesome.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Remember when a dude tossed his job for leaking Smash ESRB roster screenshots

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Motto posted:

God Bless Him

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Motto posted:

funniest part about it was that it seemed too outlandish that everyone thought it was fake i.e. Duck Hunt, Shulk, Bowser Jr. in a clown car.

Nintendo is pretty tight on leaks but it seems that Walmart and shitloads of other stores in the last few weeks are the ones loving up and leaving promo materials out where they shouldn't. All these leaks but the ones I need concern poo poo like RE2Make, Devil May Cry 5, or Star Fox.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Motto posted:

Nobody ever remembers the employees that end up leaking stuff.

Like how Ubisoft actually found out who at their development studios were giving Lara Kate Dale info about Rabbids and other Switch stuff like six to seven months before the game was formally announced at E3 last year. But nobody ever like, reported on it or anything. Those devs knew what they were getting into leaking stuff like that.

At least I hope they knew what they were getting into.

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

99% fake but still funny,

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Obviously real, nobody making something up would think Gungrave was believable.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Why is the Destiny expansion always called Comet when every other name on the list is fully revealed?

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

As much as I'd love a follow-up on Shenmue 3, there's no way in hell they have anything presentable from that game yet.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Sindai posted:

Obviously real, nobody making something up would think Gungrave was believable.

Yeah there's two new Gungrave games now, one for PSVR which is a full remake of the first game (coming out overseas too) and a brand new one for PS4.

LIVE AMMO ROLEPLAY posted:

Why is the Destiny expansion always called Comet when every other name on the list is fully revealed?

The first major expansion to Destiny, in Bungie's original road map, was referred to as "Comet" and it's a thing that's stuck.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Imo if you are gonna create a fake leak you should go wild, that Playstation one is actually plausible so it's boring.

Give me more F-Zero Rammers and Yoshi's Flipping World.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
No one would loving have the title of a new Jack and Daxter be "The return of legends".

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Macaluso posted:

No one would loving have the title of a new Jack and Daxter be "The return of legends".

Oh I missed that, that's better.

lol at the idea of Naughty Dog going back to cartoony game characters as sad as that is.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Policenaut posted:

Yeah there's two new Gungrave games now, one for PSVR which is a full remake of the first game (coming out overseas too) and a brand new one for PS4.

The first major expansion to Destiny, in Bungie's original road map, was referred to as "Comet" and it's a thing that's stuck.

Yeah but a leak should probably have the real name.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

LIVE AMMO ROLEPLAY posted:

Yeah but a leak should probably have the real name.

Yeah, that's right. Bungie's even revealing the expansion on the 5th which will probably include the name so it's even stupider (unless Destiny 2's year 2 expansion actually is named Comet then that's more hosed than I gave them credit for). Props to this dude for going with straight up Tenchu instead of just writing SHADOWS DIE TWICE though.

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Yeah, that's blood. It'll get better before the show.

Policenaut posted:

What's the over/under on the PS4 version somehow having a Kratos mission

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

hamburgers in pockets posted:

What's the over/under on the PS4 version somehow having a Kratos mission

.5 kratos missions

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Wait which Kratos though, like time-period wise?

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Wait which Kratos though, like time-period wise?

The angry one

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Electric Phantasm posted:

Imo if you are gonna create a fake leak you should go wild, that Playstation one is actually plausible so it's boring.

Give me more F-Zero Rammers and Yoshi's Flipping World.

It's absolutely called Yoshi's Flipping Island. That leak is real.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

As always the real leaks are from 4chan (Who have been pretty good in regards to accurate leaks RE:Nintendo)
http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/418236626

https://twitter.com/AAMARMO/status/1002272397930778626

Fortnite and DBFighterZ for Switch

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

4chan apparently gets a lot of real leaks, yeah, but good luck spotting them amoung the fake stuff.

Darkoni
Dec 28, 2010

You do not look terribly noble and yet I feel troubled, attracted, bewitched.

Skimming the replies to that tweet it looks like those are for signage or displays or something that seem to match some booth information.

So it's either real or a pretty well researched fake.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
Please universe I want to play Killer Queen with a bunch of my friends sitting around together.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
Death Stranding's gameplay could be a pile of puke that makes Metal Gear Survive look well-thought-out and entertaining in comparison and yet I'd still buy it just to get my fix of Kojima-brand insane game plots.

Konami is effectively dead to me, especially after it turned out the "big developments" for Castlevania and Contra turned out to be Chinese mobile games.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Oh right, Ghosts of Tsushima is that Samurai Witcher 3 thing from Sucker Punch. Maybe that'll be as good as it sounds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cultural Marxist
Jun 29, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
I’m still hoping for WatchDogs 3 set in London.

• Locked thread