Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BrandonGK
May 6, 2005

Throw it out the airlock.
Say what you will but DS9 certainly put the Maquis to better use than the show they were intended for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

Shibawanko posted:

I'm rewatching DS9 abridged and I'm just skipping all of the Maquis poo poo because I know it doesn't matter and it's not really believable and the maquis are on Voyager and I hate Voyager.

The Maquis were created specifically for Voyager, and TNG and DS9 were sprinkled with them to hype up one the big new show’s main plot points that was going to be super important.

Lmao

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Cythereal posted:

You're missing out on some good character moments, though, mainly Sisko. If you like Sisko angrily yelling at people (and who doesn't?), the Maquis really piss him off.

Well, yeah, they betrayed their uniforms!

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Cursed!!!!

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
Watching Balance of Terror. It sounds good based on the title.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

I wonder if this wedding ceremony will mention God

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

"According to our laws and our many beliefs" fair enough

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

It should be a running gag that these same two people keep trying to get married and are always interrupted by a crisis.

Actually they'll probably do that on the Orville

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

ROMULANS

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Uh oh, something about the groom makes it seem like he's gonna die

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

A weapon that hosed them up under a mile of the planet's solid iron surface :stare:

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Oh jeez this moment when they see what the Romulans look like and turn to Spock

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

They used to go a lot harder on all the Roman motifs

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Of COURSE it's a trap

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Jeb! Repetition posted:

Oh jeez this moment when they see what the Romulans look like and turn to Spock

Wait till you see "Journey to Babel"

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

drat it's Star Trek how they're showing the whole conflict from both sides

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

God drat

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

In a different reality, I could have called you "friend"

:gonk:

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

When I'm right, I'm right

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

I can see how that episode influenced TNG with all the episodes about playing psychological games with enemy commanders, including the Romulans themselves

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor
To fully experience the downfall of TOS, you should go straight from this into "Spock's Brain" as I (unintentionally) did. :negative:

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

After The War posted:

To fully experience the downfall of TOS, you should go straight from this into "Spock's Brain" as I (unintentionally) did. :negative:

That's way ahead on my viewing schedule so I guess I'll experience a slow death instead of a quick one

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Someone please edit Star Trek alien makeup onto Drew Scanlon.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Brain and brain, what is brain?!

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Spock's Brain is hilarious. I really think it stands up with The Trouble with Tribbles as one of TOS' funniest episodes. That said, you probably shouldn't watch it until you get the better TOS episodes out of the way first.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

It also gave us Spock's Dick, one of the internet's finest gifs.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
This motherfucker Bem managed to disassemble his own body and float his limbs through a bush to escape capture in this TAS episode. Kids cartoons are crazy man.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

There are actually way worse TOS episodes than Spock's Brain, because Spock's Brain whatever else is going on is not boring.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
anyone who thinks Spock’s Brain is the worst TOS episode probably hasn’t watched all of TOS.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHumLzUWjbs

I uploaded this to YouTube for you nerds to enjoy. It’s a 45 minutes documentary behind the scenes thing that aired before the series finale of TNG, hosted by Mr Riker. Highlight is when he goes to the pathetic Trek convention and shows up to surprise an audience of mostly empty chairs.

Windows 98 fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Jun 1, 2018

FabioClone
Oct 3, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

skasion posted:

anyone who thinks Spock’s Brain is the worst TOS episode probably hasn’t watched all of TOS.

Miri is the worst.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
Lmao I just looked at the end of this Autobiography of Jean-Luc Picard book and the last two pages are literally Q snapping his fingers and transferring Data's memory into B4, then Picard asking Beverly to marry him.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

FabioClone posted:

Miri is the worst.

Miri‘s not great but nowhere near the nadir of the series. My vote is for Alternative Factor, one of the most baffling, nonsensical, and half-assed episodes of any tv show ever. Or just maybe And the Children Shall Lead.

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!

Windows 98 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHumLzUWjbs

I uploaded this to YouTube for you nerds to enjoy. It’s a 45 minutes documentary behind the scenes thing that aired before the series finale of TNG, hosted by Mr Riker. Highlight is when he goes to the pathetic Trek convention and shows up to surprise an audience of mostly empty chairs.

Isn't this on Netflix?

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Alternative Factor is absolutely the worst TOS episode, it's legitimately a chore to watch unless you go into it with that Manos mindset of being ready to marvel at how something can completely fail to entertain.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

And The Children Shall Lead is pretty bad though, repetitive and non-stop cringey, although I'm not sure if that's worse than being boring and making no sense.

Special mention for Lights of Zetar? A computer we don't care about gets wiped, some crewmember we never met gets possessed but eh it's not a big deal it's just the space bends so put her in the decompression chamber and its fine :geno:

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
I'm pretty sure I dozed off both times I tried to watch The Alternative Factor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Day of The Dove is so boring it put me to sleep both times I tried to watch it.