Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

rovert posted:

So powerbomb her on the apron post-credits at a Takeover

Pretty much. Shame piledrivers are banned. Or they could pull this spot:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqo4qyS0Yr8

But a powerbomb or another spot will have to do. Oh well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
The flips are second to none but I'm not big on Ricochet's work on the mic, the crowd seems super into it tho so maybe it's just me. :shrug:

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Incessant Excess posted:

The flips are second to none but I'm not big on Ricochet's work on the mic, the crowd seems super into it tho so maybe it's just me. :shrug:

It's Taker Syndrome. Taker is utter poo poo on the mic but he makes up for it with insane presence.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Ricochet projects confidence in every single thing he does but he's so good that it doesn't come across as arrogance, so people want to cheer him.

Relatedly, Dream changed his twitter avatar to a Prince Puma mask. I love this feud.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Incessant Excess posted:

He's actually improved by quite a bit within the past few years. Lucha Underground didn't even let him talk at first, and then he started working on promos and is passable now. Since he has to learn WWE style production now, he'll likely improve even more, which is probably why he's starting in NXT.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

sticklefifer posted:

Ricochet's the most complete package they've had in a long time.

On one hand I want him to pack on like 25 lbs so his ceiling isn't 205 Live forever, but that's the kind of thing that slows down awesome flippy dudes. Even Rey wasn't quite what he was once he got all swoll.

he needs to tack on 5 inches not 25lbs to escape 205livery

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
NXT talent will be put to work in June

June NXT Dates (ignoring the Florida loop):

June 8,9 & 10 - Downland Festival (England)
June 11 - Paris
June 12 - Antwerp
June 14 - Louisville
June 15 - Evansville, Indiana
June 16 - Takeover Chicago
June 18 & 19 - Royal Albert Hall (Split crew with WWE UK talent)
June 21 - TV Tapings

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

rovert posted:

NXT talent will be put to work in June

June NXT Dates (ignoring the Florida loop):

June 8,9 & 10 - Downland Festival (England)
June 11 - Paris
June 12 - Antwerp
June 14 - Louisville
June 15 - Evansville, Indiana
June 16 - Takeover Chicago
June 18 & 19 - Royal Albert Hall (Split crew with WWE UK talent)
June 21 - TV Tapings

Yikes. That's going to be pretty rough. Actually that's going to be incredibly rough. From Europe to the US back to Europe again in the span of a few days. They get one day off before the tapings as well.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

DarkstarIV posted:

Yikes. That's going to be pretty rough. Actually that's going to be incredibly rough. From Europe to the US back to Europe again in the span of a few days. They get one day off before the tapings as well.

Probably better preparation for the main roster schedule than back when it wasn't a touring brand though.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Baron Corbyn posted:

Probably better preparation for the main roster schedule than back when it wasn't a touring brand though.

Eh, I dunno. This trip seems way rougher on the body than the main roster schedule. The main roster tends to be set in the same general area for multiple weeks at a time at least. Where here, you are going from the US -> Europe -> US -> Europe again in the span of a few days.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

There was a three week span at the end of April/beginning of May where the Raw roster went South Africa -> USA -> Saudi Arabia -> Canada/USA -> Europe

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Wasn't the UK show supposed to JUST be a UK show and not NXT, but then they rebranded it because tickets weren't selling? I imagine that date kind of came out of panic mode and wasn't intended for much of the roster, if that's the case.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Phenix Rising posted:

Wasn't the UK show supposed to JUST be a UK show and not NXT, but then they rebranded it because tickets weren't selling? I imagine that date kind of came out of panic mode and wasn't intended for much of the roster, if that's the case.

Yes. They rebranded to NXT and added a Shawn Michaels appearance. And even left Shawn's appearance ambiguous to the degree that a yokel might think he's Wrestling.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Is anyone actually going to that uk show from on here?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Phenix Rising posted:

It was branded as a UK show, but they were always advertising the NXT champions, at least, as appearing on day two.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

quote:

We have been informed that WWE has released NXT Superstar Zeda aka Julia Ho from her developmental contract this week.

She reported to WWE in January of 2017 after receiving a tryout in September 2016. She trained at Santino Brothers Academy in Florida in between her tryout and reporting to the WWE Performance Center.

She made her NXT debut on May 3 in a battle royal to determine a Number One Contender for the NXT Women’s Championship.

She was one of the competitors in WWE’s Mae Young Classic tournament where she was eliminated in the first round of the Mae Young Classic by Shayna Baszler.

http://squaredcirclesirens.com/wwe-releases-zeda/

I guess she got sick a lot, apparently, which is why they cut her. At least that's the rumor going around. Rovert may know more.

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

Gaz-L posted:

It was branded as a UK show, but they were always advertising the NXT champions, at least, as appearing on day two.

Can't remember the specific wording, but the second show was always announced as a WWEUK/NXT show.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

DarkstarIV posted:

I guess she got sick a lot, apparently, which is why they cut her. At least that's the rumor going around. Rovert may know more.

That's pretty much it. From scratch female trainees often break their wrists or end up hurting their shoulders learning to train.

You can't miss as much time as her in your first year. Always seemed nice and heard no bad reports. She wants to wrestle on the indies but we will see about that. She had a reasonable profile as a model for magazines and hip-hop videos.

Cynically they fired an Asian girl to make way for Io Shirai & at least going by the roster page they fired three African Americans to make way for Keith Lee.

Demetrius Bronson an ex-NFL player who had major concussion issues and seemingly the Gabriel and Uriel Ealy too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lW647QaJQE

Casey and I noticed Eric Bugenhagen hasn't wrestled for NXT for a long time and according to his Instagram he's out for 3 more months. A big bodybuilding dude who had a pre-NXT rep online as being a bro-tastic lunatic.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
And Big Bully Busick Jr.:

https://twitter.com/ifyouseekcasey/status/1002839756869459971

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

rovert posted:

Cynically they fired an Asian girl to make way for Io Shirai & at least going by the roster page they fired three African Americans to make way for Keith Lee.

Given this is WWE I don't disbelieve you in the slightest, but is there actually a cap on the amount of money (or I guess signees?) they can have down at the PC? It's pretty notoriously not a moneymaker in the immediate sense but I understood they were fairly keen to have a large amount of people down there?

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Jerusalem posted:

Given this is WWE I don't disbelieve you in the slightest, but is there actually a cap on the amount of money (or I guess signees?) they can have down at the PC? It's pretty notoriously not a moneymaker in the immediate sense but I understood they were fairly keen to have a large amount of people down there?

From what I've heard, the PC is operating at almost full capacity as it is right now.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
As of two weeks ago, there were 98 wrestlers on the NXT roster. About half are either simply training and not on shows or just injured.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

rovert posted:

Casey and I noticed Eric Bugenhagen hasn't wrestled for NXT for a long time and according to his Instagram he's out for 3 more months. A big bodybuilding dude who had a pre-NXT rep online as being a bro-tastic lunatic.

Eric is recovering from ACL surgery. It has been emphasised to me that he's a good dude beyond his bombastic personality and is working hard to rehab.

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

rovert posted:

Demetrius Bronson an ex-NFL player who had major concussion issues and seemingly the Gabriel and Uriel Ealy too.

Lee might be true, but no way they fired a Chinese girl to make way for Shirai. They are DESPERATE for a Chinese wrestler to make it, and Asian means literally nothing in this context.

Somebody was saying the Ealys probably isn't true anyway as one of them was still there and the other one had the wrong picture or something on his page previously.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Norwegian Rudo posted:

Lee might be true, but no way they fired a Chinese girl to make way for Shirai. They are DESPERATE for a Chinese wrestler to make it, and Asian means literally nothing in this context.

If the reason they're desperate for a Chinese star in order to expand in China then I'm pretty sure Zeda would be a bit of a political minefield in that regard as I'm fairly certain she's Taiwanese-American. She was here visiting family over Christmas anyway.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Realized via social media that Bianca Belair and Montez Ford are a couple and that may be my favorite wrestling couple of all time. I hope they both find all of the success in the world because she's a drat beast and he's got unlimited potential as long as he doesn't get killed by the big WWE machine (he will, someday).

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

DarkstarIV posted:

From what I've heard, the PC is operating at almost full capacity as it is right now.

Yeah, the issue isn't going to be financial, WWE has as much cash for talent as they need right now, with the Fox and NBCU deals, but they'd need a bigger or second facility eventually.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
EC3 has the worst hair. And needs to go back to his TNA theme

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

the_american_dream posted:

EC3 has the worst hair. And needs to go back to his TNA theme

And go back to TNA

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!
I know he isn't a great wrestler but I respect the poo poo EC3 let everyone do to him in the ladder match

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
that and hes a good talker

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Adam Cole and EC3 look like they came out of a computer program designed by Vince to spit out WWE-ready wrestlers.

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

Gaz-L posted:

Adam Cole and EC3 look like they came out of a computer program designed by Vince to spit out WWE-ready wrestlers.

if the vince machine ever produced someone as short as adam cole he would have the whole thing destroyed for being defective

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
EC3 is a legit incredible talent and I hope he goes farther than he has

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Derrick Bateman's NXT feud with Johnny Curtis was way more entertaining than it had any right to be.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Norwegian Rudo posted:

Somebody was saying the Ealys probably isn't true anyway as one of them was still there and the other one had the wrong picture or something on his page previously.

https://twitter.com/WrestlingSheet/status/1003662426066374656

There's more to the story and it may come back to bite WWE in the future.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

rovert posted:

There's more to the story and it may come back to bite WWE in the future.

Vince: Why do we need two of the same guy, goddammit? :mad:

Klauser
Feb 24, 2006
You got a dick with that problem!?!
I'm really gonna miss one of the Ealy brothers.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I wish one of the Ealy brothers the best in his future endeavors

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
give us the scoop rov