Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
It's like a murder mystery but about jizz.

Whodunnit?

e: Every time the lights go out to a flash of lightning and a peel of thunder they come back to to something else with spooge on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

It's like a murder mystery but about jizz.

Whodunnit?

I thought this was a Star Wars thread for a moment there. A Star Wars murder mystery can be a noir story and that includes plenty of jizz music.

Polyakov
Mar 22, 2012

The MSJ posted:

I thought this was a Star Wars thread for a moment there. A Star Wars murder mystery can be a noir story and that includes plenty of jizz music.

Make the protagonist a Jizz-Wailer down on their luck.

OutOfPrint
Apr 9, 2009

Fun Shoe
Hey you! Have you ever wondered what it would be like to be a serial killer? Well, good news! https://store.steampowered.com/app/848650/Torture_Chamber/

In most games, you need to settle for being a mere spree killer. Finally, a relaxing game about being a process killer!

Looking for that to bring it up here, I counted 79 items released on Steam 5/29 by 2:20pm EST.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Finally, Manhunt looks nuanced and well designed!

Mr.Misfit
Jan 10, 2013

The time for
SkellyBones
has come!
Compared to most of the games presented in this thread,
Manhunt feels more like a nuanced high-approach big concept media satire
instead of the stinking tv-show-murder-simulator with terrible controls and bad graphics that it actually was...

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Oh god, I'm dying. The school shooter game made broadcast news this morning.

Bonus points, the news presented it as a big professional thing and not some hack job put together by some idiot kid.
And to the best of my knowledge ignored his other great works like "White Power: Pure Voltage", "Tyde Pod Challenge", and "Furry"

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
I would like to see this story.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

OutOfPrint posted:

Hey you! Have you ever wondered what it would be like to be a serial killer? Well, good news! https://store.steampowered.com/app/848650/Torture_Chamber/

In most games, you need to settle for being a mere spree killer. Finally, a relaxing game about being a process killer!

Looking for that to bring it up here, I counted 79 items released on Steam 5/29 by 2:20pm EST.

A remake of this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0aQsYsAdQE

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984
Someone page Freak Futanari ASAP: https://store.steampowered.com/app/790410/Futanari_Quest/

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/RobotBrush/status/1001592220783431680

Looks like Valve finally banned the Active Shooter dev.

Slowflake
Aug 18, 2010

Rectus posted:

Lookin forward to the meltdown in 2 days

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

jonsicoli posted:

Lookin forward to the meltdown in 2 days

i don't think someone is even there to melt down, it sounds like a meme kusoge sweatshop that produces asset flips using markov generators to determine the theme

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

well,

how good are the rpg mechanics

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

DisDisDis posted:

well,

how good are the rpg mechanics

I'll let you know

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Rectus posted:

So we now know what it takes to make valve pretend they curate the store: being yelled at on national news.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

FoolyCharged posted:

So we now know what it takes to make valve pretend they curate the store: being yelled at on national news.

Or mass reporting by Christian concern groups.

Basically anything that annoys Gaben enough.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Rectus posted:

This is the second or third boot he's gotten. Apparently this is the same dude behind BCInteractive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSOKJGJ1tck

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

From The More Like This:

"Super Seducer: How to Talk To Girls." Oh, Steam.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

This is the second or third boot he's gotten. Apparently this is the same dude behind BCInteractive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSOKJGJ1tck

imagine a boot, stamping down on a racist rear end in a top hat, forever.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

double nine posted:

imagine a boot, stamping down on a racist rear end in a top hat, forever.

Except the boot only actually stamps down when enough people are actively complaining about the racist to it, and it stops once they get bored and wander off.

Keeshhound fucked around with this message at 18:17 on May 30, 2018

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
It's a soft, padded, squeeky boot.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Oh drat he'll have to come up with a new name and give valve another $100 to get his next game on steam

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

lets hang out posted:

Oh drat he'll have to come up with a new name and give valve another $100 to get his next game on steam

How many knives can you get for $100? Asking for a friend...

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
good knives or cheapie poo poo?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

CommissarMega posted:

Just watch perfect runs and read the non-h doujs. It's not like Touhou has SUPER STRICT CANON DO NOT DEVIATE kind of stuff.

:hai:

Touhou is too easy to be interesting. It's passé.

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

In my discovery queue today:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/875280/AIDS_Simulator/

couple other quality titles from same "dev"

https://store.steampowered.com/app/705600/ISIS_Simulator/

https://store.steampowered.com/app/862620/Triggering_Simulator/

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

quote:

ABOUT THIS GAME
Triggering Simulator is a very short first-person shooter with poor level design, terrible gameplay, awful optimization and broken AI. A trash-tier game from hardcore asset flippers known as BunchOD00dz that simulates triggering people just by existing. If you're a crybaby desperately looking for an excuse to complain, you've come to the right place. Enjoy the mindblowing experience this abomination has to offer!

Do you get easily triggered by garbage games that can hardly be seen unless specifically looked for? Are you a mediocre at best developer who loves to blame his failure on others? Is your money earned by making videos showcasing trash games instead of promoting decent ones? Do you enjoy collecting every single game that exists even though you may never play them ever? Or maybe you're just a crybaby who is desperately looking for an excuse to complain.

It doesn't matter, you are all our precious ca$h cows. We have another trash-tier barely functional product to sell, called Triggering Simulator. And as you may have guessed, people might get triggered just by its mere existence! We simply could not care any less, we're not here to make a point, we're here to make EZ money. As long as people keep buying, we keep selling. GL HF!

Features:
- Very short
- Terrible gameplay
- First-person shooter
- Tons of bugs and glitches
- Constant crashes and freezes
- Cobbled together in a couple of minutes

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

They should add trading cards too

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

How long before it triggers the feature that formats your hard drive?

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
Hey, does anyone else remember the debacle that was ORION: Dino Horde turned ORION: Prelude turned GUARDIANS OF ORION?

Well, the devs remembered they made a game and it got stupid a few days back.

quote:

LAST WE SPOKE
The last major update to Guardians of Orion was in December 2016. I wanted to go into that a bit and then more importantly talk about the future of the game, including a brand new update dropping this year.

After we had made it to the Official Release (GOO Version 2.0) a few of us had parted ways. It was a strenuous and intense development and in the end I think everyone needed some time away to recollect.

During this time me and Frankie formed a new focus group called DANKIE which we are working on migrating everything towards. For future products this will allow development to be more internal/localized and focus on new technologies and frameworks. In addition to this we’ve also had a lot of former talent from both SPIRAL and TREK come aboard to assist us on current and upcoming productions, acting as a reunion of sorts.

To celebrate development starting back up for Guardians of Orion we wanted to discuss a bit more about our first attempt (Phase 1), what we learned and where we hope everything is headed from here on.

SOME PROBLEMS
There were some problems with Guardians of Orion development Phase 1 due to my Hiring, Design, Political and Communication aspects. Other issues had compounded from these problems.

CROWDFUNDING
The communication problem stems from using models or platforms such as: Indie, Crowdfunding and Early Access where you need to talk about a games direction, future/possible content and more. There were a variety of these types of discussions all over Social Media, Kickstarters and on Steam Updates.

While this is usually (mostly) fine as either the project is successfully funded and fans hold them accountable based on funds received/stretch goals hit OR the project fails to fund and typically vanishes out to never be heard from again.

HONOR
We made the "interesting" choice of continuing to fund the game regardless, going so far as to even reward the pledges we had never received on Kickstarter to thank those that came out.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/orionprelude/guardians-of-orion/posts/1395367

We believed in this game and so we continued the development and released in December 2015 followed by a full year of massive and free updates to all owners. You can see what was added during that entire year of progress (2015-2016) as well as things we still have hopes of adding:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/orionprelude/orion-sci-fi-open-galaxy-mmorpg-shooter

REALITY
Unfortunately the support never came and this was mixed with other significant issues involving some poor hiring choices I had made and some bad feature/tech integration that ended up with extreme consequences on the player-experience side of things.

While I understand frustrations by GOO fans as they were systems we very much wanted in place, it unfortunately doesn't change the fact or nature of these systems or the overall product performance of Guardians of Orion from the very start. It was never self-sustaining, all crowdfunding events had failed (2014, 2015, 2016) and this is something we openly and candidly talked about since October 2015, before the game was even on sale. We continued to cover this during the first year of updates.

[ Trek Industries, Facebook, October 15, 2015 ]
"Guardians of Orion will release no matter what. I've funded the Early Access version (2015) as well as much of the immediate post-release content, including: some weapons, more guardians, new creatures/dinosaurs, more maps and more. We hope the game will sell reasonably well and will of course then use the profits received to grow the game to where we want it to be as well as begin funding some of our next (massive) projects."

PROUD
While a ton of content that we wanted to develop was never able to make it in we are still extremely proud of Guardians of Orion as a consumer product for as low as $1. There are dozens to even hundreds of hours of great friend-based gameplay and it was only ever difficult from a production or development standpoint due to how much we invested and wanted to do.

CLOSURE (PHASE 1)
We've given closure to fans of Guardians of Orion 1 but to be honest I have always been personally hopeful that GOO could receive another update from a variety of reasons, ie becomes self-sustaining, lowered server costs, increased sales/support or another one of our products becoming profitable to the point that we could do it regardless.

THE RIGHT DESIGN (2017+)
Over time we have constantly worked on designs for a GOO1 update and it was simply a matter of finding the right design. We are very pleased to state that we have found a design that we are happy with.

GOO 2018 UPDATE (“PHASE 2”)
VERSION 2.1 is officially announced and in development, scheduled for Summer 2018. We will continue to keep you updated as things progress.
(there's a lot more but honestly just quit here because it will never exist)

Anyway I tuned out the instant I got to:

quote:

( Elite Package Details )
· Store Items as UNLOCKS instead of TRANSACTIONS · 50% Store Savings*

They've admitted there's no new code yet and it's coming "summer", maybe, but hey, now you can put in $50 to grind out unlocks!

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Report them.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

The puppet master defense to surpass all puppet master defenses

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

corn in the bible posted:

Touhou is too easy to be interesting. It's passé.

I don't like the slow, super intricate pattern style of bullet hell but i could do with more bullshit easy shmups. doubt i could beat a 2hu these days

Fart of Presto
Feb 9, 2001
Clapping Larry

END ME SCOOB posted:

ORION: Dino Horde
They should have stuck with working on this one. It was a perfectly good and fun, super janky dino-killer coop game.

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

AIDS Simulator posted:

Features:
- Asset Flip
- Very short
- NO NUDITY
- Poor performance
- First-person shooter
- Zero effort cash grab

This is almost surreal.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Gynovore posted:

This is almost surreal.

The NO NUDITY is the deal breaker for me

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

I feel like these were made specifically to mock Valve

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
I remember saying years and years ago that Greenlight was a horrible idea in general and that Valve needs to have a fully staffed team conducting quality control if they wanna go through with anything like that and the only response anyone could come back with was along the lines of “STFU more games = betterer” and, well, LOL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I feel like these were made specifically to mock Valve

Definitely, and Valve probably has no idea/doesn't care even though surely there has been many reports on those games because of Jim Sterling and Resetera threads. It needs to blow up big like school shooter simulator did for Valve to do anything.