Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
The part at the beginning of Godzilla 14 when they're inside the massive dead creature is so good. I really appreciated that the film didn't waste a lot of time with folks being skeptical of stuff and just opens up with like yep, there's some fuckin' huge monsters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
I can't help but think that was partly inspired by Planetary.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Neo Rasa posted:

The part at the beginning of Godzilla 14 when they're inside the massive dead creature is so good. I really appreciated that the film didn't waste a lot of time with folks being skeptical of stuff and just opens up with like yep, there's some fuckin' huge monsters.

Wasn’t it a Godzilla?

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Neo Rasa posted:

I think the way they've created this "cinematic universe" or whatever with the Monarch through-line in Godzilla and Skull Island has been really good. I love government conspiracy stuff like that, doubly so if the story involves them hiding some awesome poo poo like giant monsters.

CelticPredator posted:

Wasn’t it a Godzilla?

Seems so, it could even be interpreted as an actual direct relative of Godzilla, making the movie a revenge story.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Arcsquad12 posted:

The Oppenheimer trailer that had the giant centipede corpse in it? That trailer was so good.

In response to the Anime Godzilla 2 trailer with the generic as gently caress Anime OP music, what is this thread's consensus on the best Godzilla music pieces? I can pin a top three with the Original Theme, Who Will Know from Shin Godzilla, and Godzilla! from the 2014 Legendary flick.

Bottom of the bin is the awful P Diddy Kashmir rendition for GINO.

Not even a Godzilla movie but this has to be up there:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xhIX4qr9JI

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Also the fact that it's basically just The Godzilla Series Featuring King Kong keeps the universe from getting bloated.

E: That isn't to say that I'd be against a Gamera or two being added in the mix.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I've been trying to freeze frame the opening credits of Godzilla '14 to see what the redacted text says before it's covered up. I like the one questioning whether the monsters are real or if it is just men in rubber suits committing an elaborate hoax.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Arcsquad12 posted:

I've been trying to freeze frame the opening credits of Godzilla '14 to see what the redacted text says before it's covered up. I like the one questioning whether the monsters are real or if it is just men in rubber suits committing an elaborate hoax.

My friends, this is the internet. No need to do anything spergy yourself as there’s always someone who already did:

code:
WARNER BROS PICTURES AND LEGENDARY PICTURES PRESENT a terrifying tale of disaster and woe.

Furthermore, the creature must be eradicated. These fauna are a danger to all life on earth. A LEGENDARY PICTURES PRODUCTION to destroy this creature and all DNA evidence.

A GARETH EDWARDS FILM the certain magnitude of the weapon is enough to turn everything to dust.

When AARON TAYLOR-JOHNSON had recorded the seismic activity

KEN WATANABE of a 1MT surface burst onto Bikini Islands

ELIZABETH OLSEN emphasized that there are monsters in the depths of the pacific.

Some specimen have been found that date 4 million years JULIETTE BINOCHE

SALLY HAWKINS search there by submarine

Even with nuclear weapons there is no guarantee that the creatures will succumb. Evidence show that it is likely the creatures will come back WITH DAVID STRATHAIRN's head

Walter Malcolm has claimed that government men dressed in white lab coats routinely appear at site and BRYAN CRANSTON shortly after the event all residents are sworn to silence.

The "scientist" and occult author RICHARD T JONES has claimed unique knowledge of the creature's odd mating habits with CJ ADAMS

There are many references to living dinosaurs in the bible. Such is the case in Job 41 71-14 and Isa 27 VICTOR RASUK to as "Leviathan". There are countless other passages that refer to "dragons" as well. As a matter of fact, "dinosaur" is a relatively modern term which means "terrible lizard".

Nebuchadnezzar's favored God, the priests CASTING BY Bel and the dragon relates SARAH HALLEY FINN, CSA dispute.

Are these animals real? Can we prove they even exist or are they merely men in rubber suits with COSTUMES DESIGNED BY tricksters SHAREN DAVIS we may never learn the answer 'what lurks below'.

The call response of bats may give us clues. VISUAL EFFECTS SUPERVISOR JIM RYGIEL has used sonar to map this communication.

VISUAL EFFECTS PRODUCER ALLEN MARIS despaired

SOUND DESIGN by its nature is always ERIK AADAHL a disruptive and ETHAN VAN DER RYN violent birthing process for all parties.

MUSIC SUPERVISOR hidden in the depths of DAVE JORDAN the thunderous sounds that came from the hills are from a large creature

The monster communicates through MUSIC COMPOSED AND CONDUCTED BY ALEXANDRE DESPLAT

Not to be discussed with FILM EDITOR BOB DUCSAY. This confidential document must not be shared.

The illuminati has been using PRODUCTION DESIGNER OWEN PATERSON to build facilities to hide their study of the creature and it's origins. All clues are suppressed.

The bomb site is classified and will be detonated at 0800 pacific. DIRECTOR OF PHOTOGRAPHY SEAMUS MCGARVEY will shoot. There will be no living organisms on the island.

The only proof we have lies within EXECUTIVE PRODUCERS PATRICIA WHITCHER ALEX GARCIA ledgers notes.

EXECUTIVE PRODUCERS YOSHIMITSU BANNO KENJI OKUHIRA are looking into the possibility of hunting Muto.

PRODUCED BY the fire-breathing THOMAS TULL

PRODUCED BY some of the eight soldiers JON JASHNI certain toxic areas MARY PARENT contamination BRIAN ROGERS forged in 1943

Reliability of these sightings is still questionable BASED ON THE CHARACTER witnesses. One must ask, is GODZILLA OWNED AND CREATED BY TOHO COMPANY, LTD.

This is the Zuiyo-Macu carcass first described in a Japanese STORY BY New Zealand fishermen in 1977. The carcass DAVID CALLAHAM was decaying and weighed 4000 lbs. This dinosaur had been dead for about thirty days. Pseudo Scientists tried to say this was a mere basking shark.

There are photos of animals yet to be named. In the new SCREENPLAY BY occult author and nature enthusiast MAX BORENSTEIN, he seems to explain what these odd animals are.

DIRECTED BY GARETH EDWARDS Monsters

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Basebf555 posted:

I think the way they've created this "cinematic universe" or whatever with the Monarch through-line in Godzilla and Skull Island has been really good. I love government conspiracy stuff like that, doubly so if the story involves them hiding some awesome poo poo like giant monsters.

Waffleman_ posted:

Also the fact that it's basically just The Godzilla Series Featuring King Kong keeps the universe from getting bloated.

E: That isn't to say that I'd be against a Gamera or two being added in the mix.

Same here. I think the monsters being huge monsters helps a lot too. You don't need an origin story because they're huge fuckin' monsters that have been around forever what more is there to know, and they don't need character development in the traditional sense because when well designed they meet that midpoint of being an animal but with enough personality that your mind projects and fills in the rest the same way we do with our pets or whatever.

I love the part in 14 when Godzilla is like, confusedly examining the bridge cables in his hand briefly (completely wrecking the bridge/etc. in the process) before continuing on his way. Like he's perceiving for the first time that there's stuff in the world that's not natural scenery or huge monsters.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

SDCC 2012.

Christ, where does time go?

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Maaaan that film had one of the greatest advertising campaigns I have ever seen.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

SDCC 2012.

Christ, where does time go?

When I googled it I was shocked that it was from 2012.

MrMojok posted:

Maaaan that film had one of the greatest advertising campaigns I have ever seen.

It's crazy that the Halo Jump trailer isn't the best trailer for that film.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

I like the movie, but it really didn't live up to how good the trailers were.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Arcsquad12 posted:

The Oppenheimer trailer that had the giant centipede corpse in it? That trailer was so good.

I'm still kind of annoyed we didn't get a Mongolian Death Worm kaiju.

Like, not even necessarily at the movie itself, just in general.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Mantis42 posted:

I like the movie, but it really didn't live up to how good the trailers were.

The film just needed a little more of the monsters (Big G in particular), but I thought was otherwise a really good entry to the franchise. Very excited to have more of him in this sequel.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
Eh, its biggest sin was just that the human plot was dull and unengaging, even for a kaiju flick. The monster action was actively great, and the look of the film, even dark, is pulled off well. That dragging gi joe plot is what keeps it at just middle of the road in my esteem.

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.

The Notorious ZSB posted:

The film just needed a little more of the monsters (Big G in particular), but I thought was otherwise a really good entry to the franchise. Very excited to have more of him in this sequel.

My biggest gripe with G'14 was that it felt like a sequel to a movie that had already been made. From a narrative point of view, it felt sort of like, I dunno, Godzilla vs. the Smog Monster. The MUTOs got plenty of narrative buildup and introduction, and intersected with the human characters in interesting ways. Godzilla, by comparison, was essentially an afterthought; a deus ex machina used to resolve the plot. Godzilla, as a character, didn't get much development or much to do aside from roar at, and then fight, the other monsters. For a movie re-introducing Godzilla to a Western audience for the first time in 15+ years, it didn't do much to set up Godzilla himself.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

HannibalBarca posted:

My biggest gripe with G'14 was that it felt like a sequel to a movie that had already been made. From a narrative point of view, it felt sort of like, I dunno, Godzilla vs. the Smog Monster. The MUTOs got plenty of narrative buildup and introduction, and intersected with the human characters in interesting ways. Godzilla, by comparison, was essentially an afterthought; a deus ex machina used to resolve the plot. Godzilla, as a character, didn't get much development or much to do aside from roar at, and then fight, the other monsters. For a movie re-introducing Godzilla to a Western audience for the first time in 15+ years, it didn't do much to set up Godzilla himself.

I thought it did plenty: Godzilla is an implacable, unstoppable force of nature. He is not interested in us, he's barely aware we exist at all. He is on an errand of destruction, and you can fight him, run from him, even help him a little, it's of no consequence to him either way. Gozilla is nature correcting itself and the consequences of our foolish behavior, sweeping everything aside in the flood.

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

Cythereal posted:

I thought it did plenty: Godzilla is an implacable, unstoppable force of nature. He is not interested in us, he's barely aware we exist at all. He is on an errand of destruction, and you can fight him, run from him, even help him a little, it's of no consequence to him either way. Gozilla is nature correcting itself and the consequences of our foolish behavior, sweeping everything aside in the flood.

And that is certainly what the movie wants us to understand as Godzilla's character. The problem is: is that interesting? And, to what extent is Godzilla' disinterest in humanity (relative to the MUTOs, who actually take the opportunity to strike back against human attackers) a product of this "characterization" and not a convenient way of having a monster that we want to have as an essentially heroic force anchoring a future franchise not roasting humvees full of National Guardsmen? Remember, there was an entire deleted scene/concept of Godzilla going to town on Air Force jets at Alcatraz Island that was deleted from the final script. Also, to what extent does Godzilla as a character address or punish the transgressions of *humans* specifically, rather than just disposing of the MUTOs?

Maybe I'm just a huge cynic (nevermind, I totally am), but I feel like Thomas Tull was essentially directing over Edwards' shoulder for G'14, and saying basically that "Godzilla can't be shown to do anything explicitly bad, because we want to root for him [a thing Tull explicitly said]" while the bad guy MUTO monsters are the ones doing all the obvious killing and destroying. This ties into what Legendary pretty clearly wants to do with the series, but also makes Godzilla way less interesting to me.

EDIT: To elaborate on this, the relationship between Godzilla and humanity strikes me as the central conceit of, at the least, the most important and "best" movies of the franchise, so doing away with that entirely strikes me as either misguided or ill-timed for the first entry in a revival of the franchise.

HannibalBarca fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Jun 2, 2018

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

HannibalBarca posted:

And that is certainly what the movie wants us to understand as Godzilla's character. The problem is: is that interesting? And, to what extent is Godzilla' disinterest in humanity (relative to the MUTOs, who actually take the opportunity to strike back against human attackers) a product of this "characterization" and not a convenient way of having a monster that we want to have as an essentially heroic force anchoring a future franchise not roasting humvees full of National Guardsmen? Remember, there was an entire deleted scene/concept of Godzilla going to town on Air Force jets at Alcatraz Island that was deleted from the final script.

Maybe I'm just a huge cynic (nevermind, I totally am), but I feel like Thomas Tull was essentially directing over Edwards' shoulder for G'14, and saying basically that "Godzilla can't be shown to do anything explicitly bad" while the bad guy MUTO monsters are the ones doing all the obvious killing and destroying. This ties into what Legendary pretty clearly wants to do with the series, but also makes Godzilla way less interesting to me.

Personally, I do think it's interesting: Godzilla cares about things that pose a threat to him, and that ain't humanity. We can hurt the Mutos, so they hit back. Godzilla? A natural disaster does not give a poo poo about what's in the way or the damage that it causes.

HannibalBarca posted:

EDIT: To elaborate on this, the relationship between Godzilla and humanity strikes me as the central conceit of, at the least, the most important and "best" movies of the franchise, so doing away with that entirely strikes me as either misguided or ill-timed for the first entry in a revival of the franchise.

Here is the relationship between Godzilla and humanity in this movie: Godzilla is an apocalyptic force of nature. Kills us en masse without ever deigning to notice we were there. We woke him up. We set all of this in motion. We woke up the Mutos. We brought them to Honolulu and San Francisco and everywhere else. Behold the consequences of our actions. They aren't malicious. They aren't benevolent. They're primeval, unstoppable forces of nature that are barely aware we exist at all.

It's a different kind of relationship with Godzilla than what the series usually offers, but I don't think that's a bad thing. I think G14 is 21st century America projecting its fears onto Godzilla, much like the original Godzilla embodied the fears of 1950s Japan.

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

quote:

Here is the relationship between Godzilla and humanity in this movie: Godzilla is an apocalyptic force of nature. Kills us en masse without ever deigning to notice we were there.

Well, this is not really a thing that happens in the movie. Compared to the MUTOs, the destructive nature of which the movie *dwells on* (they even kill one of our main characters!), Godzilla is seen doing a minimal amount of damage to human lives. You can argue that it took place off screen, but the movie itself clearly wants us to understand that Godzilla is the lesser of two evils. Which is fine -- plenty of movies in the prior Godzilla series have done that! But those have been sequels of sequels! I don't feel like G'14 gave Godzilla, as a character, enough opportunity to define himself other than in opposition to the enemy monsters, in the way that a solo movie, or even something like Godzilla 2000, would have.

quote:

I think G14 is 21st century America projecting its fears onto Godzilla, much like the original Godzilla embodied the fears of 1950s Japan.

Again, I disagree. To the extent that G'14 represents some sort of 21st century American anxiety, the MUTOs are the much more obvious and effective avatars of that anxity -- is is the MUTOs that carve a path of destruction across California; Godzilla only appears to remove them. If not for the MUTOs, Godzilla would have no reason to appear. The MUTOs are the catalyst in any sense of the word, and without reckoning with what they mean, there's nothing to say about Godzilla himself. I will agree that the MUTOs represent, in a generalized sense, anxiety about the world (though I will say that I feel Cloverfield represented 00's era anxiety better), but I also feel that Godzilla and the MUTOs in G'14 represent different things. The MUTOs are the sort of product of manmade hubris and Science Run Amok that Godzilla stood for in the original 1954 film. Godzilla, by comparison, is serving the same purpose as he served any number of versus films: eliminating the aberration. Godzilla vs. Megalon, in a sense, provides a useful analogue: Megalon (like the MUTOs) attacks Earth because of the proliferation of nuclear testing. Godzilla then defeats it.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Personally, I see it as the other way around: the Mutos are accessories of Godzilla. The Mutos are the least of the primordial ecosystem they and Godzilla come from, Godzilla is the apex predator of a long-ago world that humanity is now in danger of ushering in again - and we can't even handle the parasites. The Mutos do heavy damage to Janjira, Las Vegas, and San Francisco on purpose. Godzilla destroys Honolulu just by emerging from the sea onto land. Those Mutos? Those aren't poo poo compared to Godzilla, and look at how much damage they did. Now imagine how much damage Gozilla could do if he gave a gently caress.

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

Cythereal posted:

Those aren't poo poo compared to Godzilla, and look at how much damage they did. Now imagine how much damage Gozilla could do if he gave a gently caress.

Well, sure. And, again, I'm a gigantic Godzilla fan that would pay an embarrassing percentage of my yearly earnings if I could see a well-financed movie where Godzilla destroyed a major American city. But that's the thing -- G'14 was flat out not interested in showing Godzilla do that damage in anything but the most incidental sense: the "bad guy" monsters" were the one doing the bad poo poo and Godzilla was interested more in fighting them than the humans.

EDIT: Basically, my question is, why does Godzilla not give a gently caress? You could argue that the military strikes against him are flea-bites, but, for God's sake, give us something! Roast a column of tanks, fry a jet fighter squadron. That's what we [I] want to see.

HannibalBarca fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Jun 2, 2018

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

HannibalBarca posted:

EDIT: Basically, my question is, why does Godzilla not give a gently caress?

Because we're of no consequence to him. Notice how every time humanity starts shooting him, they quickly give up because they realize Godzilla is barely registering that he's being attacked at all and certainly isn't being hurt. Godzilla is something we can't fight and can't even slow down. So why should Godzilla care about humanity? We're nothing to him.

HannibalBarca posted:

but, for God's sake, give us something! Roast a column of tanks, fry a jet fighter squadron. That's what we want to see.

He destroys Honolulu just by being there. Godzilla has no reason to do any of that in G14, he brings catastrophe simply by existing in the same place. This take on Godzilla going out of his way to attack humanity would be on the level of a human getting out a magnifying glass on a bright day to start frying ants on the sidewalk.

Godzilla destroying poo poo is what you specifically want to see. I think Godzilla in G14 going out of his way to attack humanity would defeat the point of the character.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Big G's just like "Jesus Christ, I'm just trying to do my job here." And that's very relatable.

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

Cythereal posted:

Because we're of no consequence to him. Notice how every time humanity starts shooting him, they quickly give up because they realize Godzilla is barely registering that he's being attacked at all and certainly isn't being hurt. Godzilla is something we can't fight and can't even slow down. So why should Godzilla care about humanity? We're nothing to him.

Okay, but, again, is that interesting? The best movies in the Godzilla series are about Godzilla's relationship to humanity. How, and to what extent, are we responsible for Godzilla? Is he a force of nature, or a product of man's hubris? Can we defeat him (even temporarily) or are we helpless against his onslaught? G'14 strikes me as a movie mostly interested in sidestepping these questions.

quote:

He destroys Honolulu just by being there. Godzilla has no reason to do any of that in G14, he brings catastrophe simply by existing in the same place. This take on Godzilla going out of his way to attack humanity would be on the level of a human getting out a magnifying glass on a bright day to start frying ants on the sidewalk.

Honestly, and I mean this, does he? The devastation and menace we see at the Honolulu airport is the MUTO - it is what menaces and threatens our characters. Godzilla does not care - he is the definition of incidental. He appears and RESOLVES the plot line.

quote:

Godzilla destroying poo poo is what you specifically want to see. I think Godzilla in G14 going out of his way to attack humanity would defeat the point of the character.

That is certainly true. But it is, also, what Godzilla did in every series reboot film. Even Godzilla 2000, where the Big G fights an alien invader monster, ends with him destroying Tokyo for no clear reason. The destructive revenge upon all mankind is distinctly missing as an aspect of Godzilla's character in 2014. Maybe it will be fixed next year! No way to be sure.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

HannibalBarca posted:

Well, sure. And, again, I'm a gigantic Godzilla fan that would pay an embarrassing percentage of my yearly earnings if I could see a well-financed movie where Godzilla destroyed a major American city. But that's the thing -- G'14 was flat out not interested in showing Godzilla do that damage in anything but the most incidental sense: the "bad guy" monsters" were the one doing the bad poo poo and Godzilla was interested more in fighting them than the humans.

EDIT: Basically, my question is, why does Godzilla not give a gently caress? You could argue that the military strikes against him are flea-bites, but, for God's sake, give us something! Roast a column of tanks, fry a jet fighter squadron. That's what we [I] want to see.

You're mad because you aren't significant enough for Godzilla to notice you. The sun is equally indifferent.

You're also ignoring the tsunami that killed tons of people.

Tezcatlipoca fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Jun 2, 2018

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

HannibalBarca posted:

Okay, but, again, is that interesting? The best movies in the Godzilla series are about Godzilla's relationship to humanity. How, and to what extent, are we responsible for Godzilla? Is he a force of nature, or a product of man's hubris? Can we defeat him (even temporarily) or are we helpless against his onslaught? G'14 strikes me as a movie mostly interested in sidestepping these questions.

I think it is interesting and G14 answers all of these questions - it just doesn't scream the answers at you like the Japanese movies do.

You don't like G14, I get that, but that doesn't mean you have an objectively correct opinion or that other people are wrong for not sharing your opinion.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
You know what? I actually don't mind the actually plausible fan theory that Goji is Bryan Cranston's vengeful spirit given flesh. Like, his entire motivation is anger and revenge to begin with, and then after the Muto male kills him, Godzilla suddenly appears in the flesh finally, with one goal-destroy the Mutos. I mean, it's not any weirder than GMK's WW2 ghost gestalt Godzilla.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

It’s very on the nose but I’m honestly not sure there’s ever been a better trailer

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

I can't help but think that was partly inspired by Planetary.

If not it’s convergent evolution. As I get older my opinion of Ellis gets lower but my opinion of Planetary gets higher. Apart from its embarrassing description of Reagan

HannibalBarca posted:

Okay, but, again, is that interesting?
How, and to what extent, are we responsible for Godzilla?
Is he a force of nature,
or a product of man's hubris?
Can we defeat him (even temporarily) or
are we helpless against his onslaught?

Yes
We aren’t
No
Nope
Also no
N/A

DeimosRising fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Jun 2, 2018

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

My friends, this is the internet. No need to do anything spergy yourself as there’s always someone who already did:

code:
WARNER BROS PICTURES AND LEGENDARY PICTURES PRESENT a terrifying tale of disaster and woe.

Furthermore, the creature must be eradicated. These fauna are a danger to all life on earth. A LEGENDARY PICTURES PRODUCTION to destroy this creature and all DNA evidence.

A GARETH EDWARDS FILM the certain magnitude of the weapon is enough to turn everything to dust.

When AARON TAYLOR-JOHNSON had recorded the seismic activity

KEN WATANABE of a 1MT surface burst onto Bikini Islands

ELIZABETH OLSEN emphasized that there are monsters in the depths of the pacific.

Some specimen have been found that date 4 million years JULIETTE BINOCHE

SALLY HAWKINS search there by submarine

Even with nuclear weapons there is no guarantee that the creatures will succumb. Evidence show that it is likely the creatures will come back WITH DAVID STRATHAIRN's head

Walter Malcolm has claimed that government men dressed in white lab coats routinely appear at site and BRYAN CRANSTON shortly after the event all residents are sworn to silence.

The "scientist" and occult author RICHARD T JONES has claimed unique knowledge of the creature's odd mating habits with CJ ADAMS

There are many references to living dinosaurs in the bible. Such is the case in Job 41 71-14 and Isa 27 VICTOR RASUK to as "Leviathan". There are countless other passages that refer to "dragons" as well. As a matter of fact, "dinosaur" is a relatively modern term which means "terrible lizard".

Nebuchadnezzar's favored God, the priests CASTING BY Bel and the dragon relates SARAH HALLEY FINN, CSA dispute.

Are these animals real? Can we prove they even exist or are they merely men in rubber suits with COSTUMES DESIGNED BY tricksters SHAREN DAVIS we may never learn the answer 'what lurks below'.

The call response of bats may give us clues. VISUAL EFFECTS SUPERVISOR JIM RYGIEL has used sonar to map this communication.

VISUAL EFFECTS PRODUCER ALLEN MARIS despaired

SOUND DESIGN by its nature is always ERIK AADAHL a disruptive and ETHAN VAN DER RYN violent birthing process for all parties.

MUSIC SUPERVISOR hidden in the depths of DAVE JORDAN the thunderous sounds that came from the hills are from a large creature

The monster communicates through MUSIC COMPOSED AND CONDUCTED BY ALEXANDRE DESPLAT

Not to be discussed with FILM EDITOR BOB DUCSAY. This confidential document must not be shared.

The illuminati has been using PRODUCTION DESIGNER OWEN PATERSON to build facilities to hide their study of the creature and it's origins. All clues are suppressed.

The bomb site is classified and will be detonated at 0800 pacific. DIRECTOR OF PHOTOGRAPHY SEAMUS MCGARVEY will shoot. There will be no living organisms on the island.

The only proof we have lies within EXECUTIVE PRODUCERS PATRICIA WHITCHER ALEX GARCIA ledgers notes.

EXECUTIVE PRODUCERS YOSHIMITSU BANNO KENJI OKUHIRA are looking into the possibility of hunting Muto.

PRODUCED BY the fire-breathing THOMAS TULL

PRODUCED BY some of the eight soldiers JON JASHNI certain toxic areas MARY PARENT contamination BRIAN ROGERS forged in 1943

Reliability of these sightings is still questionable BASED ON THE CHARACTER witnesses. One must ask, is GODZILLA OWNED AND CREATED BY TOHO COMPANY, LTD.

This is the Zuiyo-Macu carcass first described in a Japanese STORY BY New Zealand fishermen in 1977. The carcass DAVID CALLAHAM was decaying and weighed 4000 lbs. This dinosaur had been dead for about thirty days. Pseudo Scientists tried to say this was a mere basking shark.

There are photos of animals yet to be named. In the new SCREENPLAY BY occult author and nature enthusiast MAX BORENSTEIN, he seems to explain what these odd animals are.

DIRECTED BY GARETH EDWARDS Monsters

This is much funnier than I realized and I’ve seen it several times

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Well, we did wake him up in G14 with the USS Nautilus in 1957, the world's first nuclear-powered submarine that traveled deep into the Atlantic and woke him up via the Nautilus' reactor.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

DeimosRising posted:

If not it’s convergent evolution. As I get older my opinion of Ellis gets lower but my opinion of Planetary gets higher. Apart from its embarrassing description of Reagan

I don't recall the latter tbh.

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

Sorry about drunk-posting. I didn't mean to suggest that my views on G'14 were the *objectively* correct way of looking at the film. I just wanted to assert a defense for not particularly liking the film that goes beyond some Cro-Magnon "unh unh. Godzilla not on screen enough" sort of thing. And I stand by my opinion that the movie isn't about Godzilla enough.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

I'm still kind of annoyed we didn't get a Mongolian Death Worm kaiju.

Like, not even necessarily at the movie itself, just in general.

I'm still waiting for Godzilla to fight a jormungandr-style Sea serpent.

Godzilla has to be one of the most accessible long running franchises out there because even if you've never seen a Godzilla movie before you know what you're getting by watching one at random. Giant liazard shoots atomic breath and trashes buildings. Sure you can get all continuity focused but even theories don't care that much about consistency and would rather have cool monster fights and occasionally interesting human moments.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

Arcsquad12 posted:

I'm still waiting for Godzilla to fight a jormungandr-style Sea serpent.

Godzilla has to be one of the most accessible long running franchises out there because even if you've never seen a Godzilla movie before you know what you're getting by watching one at random. Giant liazard shoots atomic breath and trashes buildings. Sure you can get all continuity focused but even theories don't care that much about consistency and would rather have cool monster fights and occasionally interesting human moments.

Well, you might gently caress up and roll into All Monsters Attack. Looking at the wikipedia page, I just learned that All Monsters Attack was shown as a double bill in the US with Night of the Big Heat, which seems like a version of Signs that makes more sense.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
But destroy all monsters is great and who cares if you can't name anyone but Godzilla and mothra. It's got anguirus hanging off if ghidorah's neck and everyone curb stomping him into oblivion.

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.
goodzilla is boring

badzilla is very entertaining

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Choco1980 posted:

You know what? I actually don't mind the actually plausible fan theory that Goji is Bryan Cranston's vengeful spirit given flesh. Like, his entire motivation is anger and revenge to begin with, and then after the Muto male kills him, Godzilla suddenly appears in the flesh finally, with one goal-destroy the Mutos. I mean, it's not any weirder than GMK's WW2 ghost gestalt Godzilla.

I think a better way to look at it is that the dead creature found with the MUTO cocoon at the beginning is Godzilla's mate, thereby giving him and Cranston the same exact quest of revenge and linking them thematically.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

Arcsquad12 posted:

But destroy all monsters is great and who cares if you can't name anyone but Godzilla and mothra. It's got anguirus hanging off if ghidorah's neck and everyone curb stomping him into oblivion.

All Monsters Attack is the one where Godzilla is a kid's dream sequence and it's all Minilla, all the time.