Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Dr. VooDoo posted:

The main give away is Death Stranding being there in any capacity besides some sprawling trailerthat reveals nothing about the game

Kojima promises the game will beat the date of the events of the movie akira which take place late in 2019 iirc

So maybe gameplay isnt out of the question. The hard part will be recognizing it as such

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i’m also unenthused about how hard atomic heart seems to be chomping the flavor of simon stalenhag without having any creative input from him but he seems ok with it

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Suspicious Cook posted:

Anthem's 6 second teaser states, "Something is out there. It wants to destroy us all."

I'm glad to see Bioware still hasn't bothered to learn how to create sympathetic, nuanced, or interesting villains and continues to hand us "bad things are gonna do bad stuff!"

they used too sorta.

that game looks amazing and i can't wait for it.

Real hurthling! posted:

Looks like bioshock but good

1 and 2 were good.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Dapper_Swindler posted:

they used too sorta.

that game looks amazing and i can't wait for it.

1 and 2 were good.

Theyre bad shooters and bad immersive sims. Theyre great for art and listening to taped conversations i guess

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Real hurthling! posted:

Theyre bad shooters and bad immersive sims. Theyre great for art and listening to taped conversations i guess

thats why i just went wrench.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Real hurthling! posted:

Kojima promises the game will beat the date of the events of the movie akira which take place late in 2019 iirc

So maybe gameplay isnt out of the question. The hard part will be recognizing it as such

Ya I think we will see gameplay or maybe fake scripted gameplay like battlefield although Japanese devs don't really do that often.

The playstation list seems mostly plausible other than Jak & Dexter but Sony made new Ratchet & Clank games and made Knack loving 2 so it is possible they want a game for a potentially younger audience. The list seems alright but the quality makes it look fake.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Dapper_Swindler posted:

thats why i just went wrench.

Same

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Sony's only bringing 4 first party games to E3 this year to "deep dive" on and Death Stranding is one of them so I guess there'll be some gameplay.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

i assume we will get a new bioshock announced this year. i am kinda curious what they will do with it.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Policenaut posted:

Sony's only bringing 4 first party games to E3 this year to "deep dive" on and Death Stranding is one of them so I guess there'll be some gameplay.

Ya I think this year we see gameplay and it releases next year Q1.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Ulio posted:

so is it gonna be a rogue like or something? i am still unsure what it is.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Ulio posted:

Q3 id bet. Like early september

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
im ready to dive deep during a deep dive maybe we'll get a bunch of ocean themed announcements this year

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Still waiting for that deep dive into Deep Down

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i assume we will get a new bioshock announced this year. i am kinda curious what they will do with it.

gently caress Bioshock. Put the whole series in the basement and then let Kilauea lava bury it forever.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Real hurthling! posted:

Q3 id bet. Like early september

Ya depends when Last of Us 2 is and if Ghost of Tsushima is 2019. They will probably all be in different quarters.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

There really hasn't been any leak about the gameplay or anything in game.

I would guess it is a 3rd person action/stealth maybe horror? Japanese devs don't make First person games so third person part is almost guaranteed. Only thing about the game we've learned through the voice actors is there is some form of player collaboration. Maybe it is like Souls game where you can message/help each other not sure.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Days gone is supposedly the q1 game

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

gently caress Bioshock. Put the whole series in the basement and then let Kilauea lava bury it forever.

jesus , the series wasnt that bad outside infinite being a weird stitched together mess.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Dapper_Swindler posted:

jesus , the series wasnt that bad outside infinite being a weird stitched together mess.

I'm reflecting now and it was mostly all bad and mildly embarrassing.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Bioshock 1 had some neat bits, but it ended with a real whimper.

Minerva's Den is supposed to be amazing, but that was by a 3rd party studio.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Yeah I don't think a success rate of 3/4 of one game and 1 DLC out of 3 games and 4 DLCs counts as "wasn't that bad".

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Minerva's Den was helmed by the same group of people who later broke off to form Fulbright Co. and produce Gone Home/Tacoma.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Cowcaster posted:

i’d be into a s.t.a.l.k.e.r. battle royale but i’d just rather have a new s.t.a.l.k.e.r. game for real

6 players are left then suddenly a blowout happens and they all die :ussr:

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Real hurthling! posted:

Oh ya completely forgot that game existed and I forgot it got delayed. I mean I saw the gameplay and the performance was really bad.

Also in regards to Bioshock. I quite liked it. The first one was a great atmospheric game and the combat was fun with all the powers. The writing and narrative was trying to say something about capitalism, Ayn Rand and self interest which was mostly superficial. The level design was quite good and on harder difficulties fighting a big daddy was a really scary experience for the first time

Bioshock 2 was just ok but the Minerva's Den DLC was wonderful.

Never bothered playing Infinite.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

exquisite tea posted:

Minerva's Den was helmed by the same group of people who later broke off to form Fulbright Co. and produce Gone Home/Tacoma.

didnt they work on a bunch of 2 as well or was it just minivervas?

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

1 and Infinite had really cool aesthetics even if they're a bit icky and messy. 2 was technically a "better game" but it was just mediocre and generic.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Real hurthling! posted:

Yeah it was supposed to be out before E3 this year but presumably something happened to push it to 2019.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

exquisite tea posted:

Oh god well that's the worst thing then gently caress

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Ulio posted:

Oh ya completely forgot that game existed and I forgot it got delayed. I mean I saw the gameplay and the performance was really bad.

Also in regards to Bioshock. I quite liked it. The first one was a great atmospheric game and the combat was fun with all the powers. The writing and narrative was trying to say something about capitalism, Ayn Rand and self interest which was mostly superficial. The level design was quite good and on harder difficulties fighting a big daddy was a really scary experience for the first time

Bioshock 2 was just ok but the Minerva's Den DLC was wonderful.

Never bothered playing Infinite.

pretty much. infinites worth a shot if you can get it cheap. just sucks that it ended up being a flawed wreck.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Policenaut posted:

Yeah it was supposed to be out before E3 this year but presumably something happened to push it to 2019.

Its supposedly completed but it runs at like 10fps based on the demos so its probably getting a ton of contractors hired to work on optimization

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Taintrunner posted:

Oh god well that's the worst thing then gently caress

Yeah it's kind of a shame Fullbright had to work on a Bioshock game first but everybody comes from humble beginnings.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Dapper_Swindler posted:

pretty much. infinites worth a shot if you can get it cheap. just sucks that it ended up being a flawed wreck.

Ya I have it but haven't touched it yet. I generally get kinda put off by games everyone praises maybe I just like being a contrarian. I do see over the years people have started to criticize it a lot more. At release I just remember this game getting universal praise.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Ulio posted:

Ya I have it but haven't touched it yet. I generally get kinda put off by games everyone praises maybe I just like being a contrarian. I do see over the years people have started to criticize it a lot more. At release I just remember this game getting universal praise.

pretty much. there is a good/great game buried underneith all the bullshit. the problem is its clearly stitched together from different "eras" of the game(the game was apparently rebooted like 4 or 5 times) if it had been like the various e3 gameplay snippets, it would have been amazing. instead it was weird mess in pretty much every area outside of few cool levels and areas. i feel like a bunch of areas were supposed to be bigger or more focused. for example the weird cult KKK frat house was probably supposed to be its own level instead of just some weird random building.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Holy gently caress yall, E3 is almost here!

I'm ready for disappointment

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
So my guess is Bordlerands 3 got delayed to 2019 to not lose any sweet money on the Borderlands 1 Remaster? All this remaster business is lazy as hell. We need new games on PC not remasters.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
Hoping for more Wonderbook

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Hopper posted:

So my guess is Bordlerands 3 got delayed to 2019 to not lose any sweet money on the Borderlands 1 Remaster? All this remaster business is lazy as hell. We need new games on PC not remasters.

Pcs dying cloud

Orv
May 4, 2011

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Holy gently caress yall, E3 is almost here!

I'm ready for disappointment

The most disappointing thing about modern E3 (what a thought) is that everyone, even Ubisoft, has moved away from entertaining train wrecks of presentations into carefully scripted, neutrally dull stage shows of "Here is game, here why game." Occasionally you still get things like hoopzgod but it's few and far between.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Bring back Dragons Dogma!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

friendly 2 da void
Mar 23, 2018

Dapper_Swindler posted:

Death Stranding is a third-person action game with stealth and surreal horror elements.

I have no idea why this is so confusing for people.

• Locked thread