Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
SMT Goons hate persona more than actual anime haters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Oh also I think Persona 5 is bad.

What's the crime tho

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Depths posted:

sounds like you’re worse than the twitter neo nazis

So like, are you still mad people are a little uneasy about Paige repeatedly backing kind of lovely people online? Or are you mad that I was flippant towards someone trying to defend that? Genuinely curious where I lost you.

Tae posted:

SMT Goons hate persona more than actual anime haters

No I love Persona, it's just the rereleases usually kind of poo poo on what decent narrative/themes the game had going for them and 5 was kind of disappointing from a story and cast stand point.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
To be fair to it, p5 had been hyped up for awhile so I'm probably a little harsh on it, but given it's themes and the way they tried to sell/ that game (YOU ARE SLAVE, DO YOU SEEK EMANCIPATION kinda stuff) the actual game's plot and character arcs feel extremely safe boarding on conservative in spots. It feels very like a step back in a lot of ways and while it wants to and tries to talk about some important topics it kind of shys away from actually having much to say about them.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

P5 has a lot of structural/writing issues, but I gotta give it props for being the only life sim "do daily activities to gradually raise stats to do things" game to actually get me instead of turning me off real fast (including other Persona games), to the point I was always wanting the plot to hurry up out of my way so I could get back to it.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Persona 5 has the best cast in the series, and really the best everything in the series.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
What are the odds that the dead junkie is the only mexican character in detroit?

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

What are the odds that the dead junkie is the only mexican character in detroit?

More than you'd think, but less than you'd hope

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Persona 5 has the best cast in the series, and really the best everything in the series.

As much as I loved Persona 5, best everything except representation like they said, 4 at least had some really obvious feelings of "We wanted to try for it" including the last minute dropped Yosuke stuff, but boy P5 dropped the ball all to hell when the theme is "Resisting power and empowering the abused"... where they then go on to play a super homophobic routine more than once and don't try for anything with your s links when it'd be a lot easier to do now.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
I love my boy Ryuji. I love video games.

Also every single time the Persona 4 cast shows up outside of their game to gurn at the camera and be insufferable makes me less and less likely to play Persona 4 so welp.

The Deleter fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Jun 1, 2018

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
so, Woolie likes beast wars, right

Rhyno posted:

Oh m god

Good thing I just got a job that pays double what I used to make.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Captain Invictus posted:

If he does, then Takara Tomy alone should be spoiling him with their MPs of Optimus Primal, Cheetor, Dinobot, and the recently revealed Megatron, never mind the third party options.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Well yeah. But that TM2 Megs is stunning, good lord. I feel like he mentioned he preferred the TM2 version out of all the versions, too.

Hell, even at $180, that's still cheaper than most high-end action figures like Soul of Chogokins and stuff. I'd link it to him if I wasn't banned on twitter. That's pretty much the only way to directly send a message his way, right?

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Captain Invictus posted:

I'd link it to him if I wasn't banned on twitter. That's pretty much the only way to directly send a message his way, right?

I tweeted it to him for you. I'll update if he replies to it at all.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Rad. I know he loves him some high quality action figures and statues, and apparently their optimal optimus is very well regarded, so the megatron likely is too.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Captain Invictus posted:

Rad. I know he loves him some high quality action figures and statues, and apparently their optimal optimus is very well regarded, so the megatron likely is too.

Well the Megatron isn't even out yet, but the Optimus (Beast Gorira) is highly regarded. Many people (myself included) are hoping for a reissue of it since they missed out on the first release and ebay prices for the remaining few have reached ridiculous levels.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Captain Invictus posted:

That is not size accurate to the show :colbert:.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Monaghan posted:

That is not size accurate to the show :colbert:.

I think

It might be?

That one group shot has Megs floating above the others so it's a bit skewed

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Burkion posted:

I think

It might be?

That one group shot has Megs floating above the others so it's a bit skewed

Actually you're right I didn't notice him floating.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
The transmetal 2 stuff always looked ugly as gently caress in the show but these toys knock it out of the park.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
God of War episode was worth it for this one bit early in the episode

Pat tries to side quest but the door is locked so the game even is like nah gently caress you go save your boi .Also BURNING BLADE.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
https://clips.twitch.tv/BlushingInnocentWolverineRiPepperonis

Pat's stream is magical.

https://clips.twitch.tv/SparklingAgitatedCatStinkyCheese

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Jun 2, 2018

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

Shindragon posted:

Pat tries to side quest but the door is locked so the game even is like nah gently caress you go save your boi .Also BURNING BLADE.

I cheered at that. even the game is like NO

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Shindragon posted:

No, it was actually worth it for the poo poo lost when MOTHA FUCKIN' ZEUUUUSSSSSS appeared. Also Wrestlemania Sign Giant Bird, both were moments when there was no poo poo to be found because it was so very lost

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
Peach almost losing her mind over Pat's haircut bullshit has saved what was otherwise a very dull stream. I thought it was cute when they just talked for 2 hours and didn't play games one time, but they're starting to make a habit of it.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
Gee pat, I wonder who runs HELHEIM, Surely it's not the HOME of HEL

End spoilers:
Though Hel is the daughter of Loki, wonder how that will end up

Justice Sloth
Jun 10, 2012

Damn skippy.

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Pat's stream is magical.

"What if they're all in on it?" in context with that clip is the single most Pat thing that Pat has ever said.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Nalesh posted:

Gee pat, I wonder who runs HELHEIM, Surely it's not the HOME of HEL

End spoilers:
Though Hel is the daughter of Loki, wonder how that will end up

can't wait for alf to show up then

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

Indecisive posted:

Alf means elf, which got murdered by the truckload :v:

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Indecisive posted:

He's back, in god form!

Justice Sloth
Jun 10, 2012

Damn skippy.
You traded my boy for POGS?!

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
ALF means Alien Life Form

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
This is Detroit human LP is nearly killing me with so much laughter

Pat kills Connor once again. Like No poo poo the probing was a bad idea. It’s like oh he’s optimally stressed and Pat decides to hit the berserk button Even better when Connor gets shot Pat just goes WHY Me? Haha

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Matt is drunk and yet is the only one that doens't have any casualties on his runs

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

MY HUSBAND GOT AN ANDROID PREGNANT!

- details inside

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Also Woolie got Carl killed. Turns out defending yourself is the better option.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

There is 0 chance Carl is dead from that offscreen gunshot.

It's like when a DBZ villain is behind a big smoke cloud after a huge attack, he's always there, the attack never killed him.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

WampaLord posted:

There is 0 chance Carl is dead from that offscreen gunshot.

It's like when a DBZ villain is behind a big smoke cloud after a huge attack, he's always there, the attack never killed him.

He did not get shot, he had a heartattack. Which he does not have if you defend yourself.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I hope the Eminem Become Rapper LP is the opposite of the Until Dawn LP where everyone just loving dies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Considering how bad Matt is with QTEs I could see that. Oh right UD Matt keeps everyone alive eh? I chalk it up to being horror genre savy. :v:

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Jun 3, 2018