Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

killer crane
Dec 30, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Also I had the al pastor salad today. I was disappointed. I've been cutting down on meat, so I was excited about having a Costco meal that wasnt just the cheese pizza.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Meydey posted:

A new warehouse just opened today in Bonney Lake , WA. That makes 15 warehouses in a 50 mile range from corporate.
I live in the blessed land of Costco.

Gonna be interesting to see how the Shanghai stores do.

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Seems like we got a grip of Georgia Costco goons, holla from the Perimeter parish.

That's my favorite one so far.

Haven't been to Brookhaven tho.

DARPA
Apr 24, 2005
We know what happens to people who stay in the middle of the road. They get run over.

Schmeichy posted:

What's y'all's favorite premade deli meal from Costco? I like the pre-portioned salmon with the basil pesto butter a lot. I'm trying a new one tonight: the enchiladas.

Love the salmon. Bakes up great.

Enjoyed the enchiladas recently which were delicious. Only issue was the cooking time/temp on the package (375/50min I think) didn't get me close to the 165 degree mark. Not a big deal, but plan for some extra time, and have a food thermometer handy.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Schmeichy posted:

What's y'all's favorite premade deli meal from Costco? I like the pre-portioned salmon with the basil pesto butter a lot. I'm trying a new one tonight: the enchiladas.

The Mac & Cheese is a 2 billion calorie aircraft carrier of carbs. Its perfect but I try to avoid it as I'm trying to shed a few LBs.

The chicken alfredo is also excellent.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Ottermotive Insanity posted:

Also I had the al pastor salad today. I was disappointed. I've been cutting down on meat, so I was excited about having a Costco meal that wasnt just the cheese pizza.

I have good news. The al pastor is a soy product. Which is shameful as hell and I refuse to eat such a thing.

Symetrique
Jan 2, 2013

Chinatown posted:

The Mac & Cheese is a 2 billion calorie aircraft carrier of carbs. Its perfect but I try to avoid it as I'm trying to shed a few LBs.

I like to put panko on top of the Mac & Cheese before I bake it. Its great.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Chinatown posted:

These are both good choices.

If your local Costco has the wasabi poke, that's a solid choice too. The other ones are kind of lovely, but the wasabi poke is a good blend.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Symetrique posted:

I like to put panko on top of the Mac & Cheese before I bake it. Its great.

... I have got to try this

akma
Jan 30, 2016

I simply lack the motivation to write anything here.

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Seems like we got a grip of Georgia Costco goons, holla from the Perimeter parish .

I just got back from the Duluth Costco.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
I tried those frozen tikka masala naan pockets for lunch at work today. very good for something frozen and quick, but idk I still was pretty hungry after. It probably didn't help it was both my breakfast+lunch but feels like I still need to pack in a side with me for lunch like those salad bowls.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

akma posted:

I just got back from the Duluth Costco.

Did they have naan pockets?

Azuren
Jul 15, 2001

PokeJoe posted:

Cafeful, last time I thought I purchased 2 rib slabs but the package contained 3 and it was a lot of ribs to deal with

In the meat department, a vacuum-sealed cryovac of ribs will have 3 slabs, if they are on a styro tray and wrapped, it's 2 slabs. :science:

Marklar
Jul 24, 2003

Ball is Love
Ball is Life
Costco is raising its minimum wage.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/390210-costco-raising-minimum-wage-to-14-an-hour

Praise Be.

Argyle
Jun 7, 2001

hope and vaseline posted:

... I have got to try this

Pro tip: Melt a couple tablespoons of butter. Toss panko in butter, THEN sprinkle it on top of the mac. Maximizes your golden-brown-toastiness.

Plus it's already a calorie bomb, a little bit of butter isn't going to hurt anything.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

This will boost sales as employees will easily afford the naan pockets they've been selling.

akma
Jan 30, 2016

I simply lack the motivation to write anything here.

Coredump posted:

Did they have naan pockets?

Sorry. I dunno. I was there for eyeglasses.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Making a pilgrimage this evening to the 'sco for the essentials like normandy veggies and cheese. Also high quality gasoline at rock bottom prices.

Probably going to go an hour or so before closing so it should be a relatively relaxed affair.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
I bought these refrigerated garlic chicken udon packets

Thy are pretty gross, don’t recommend

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Renewed my membership today, then promptly blew a c note on booze and giant bags of chips for our school party

PS Brown Sugar Bourbon is like if someone thought Buffalo Trace should no longer taste like anything but a brown cinnamon Pop Tart. Weird, but $20 so uh well it'll sit there on the dry bar I guess?

Oh Adaira
May 7, 2008

Casual Tabby

TheReverend posted:

That's my favorite one so far.

Haven't been to Brookhaven tho.

I probably hit all of them equally, and the only thing special about it is I think it's the only one in the area that does car tire services.

drunkelberger
Jun 8, 2014
I was at the co a few months ago and got flagged for the executive membership, the priest doing the ceremony was dressed like Willy Wonka, wearing the top hat and all, and gave me a snack sized kit kat bar. It was probably the best day of my life.

Does anyone know when they put out their travel packages? I'm planning a vacation for early 2019 and I really want to see what they've got

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

drunkelberger posted:

I was at the co a few months ago and got flagged for the executive membership, the priest doing the ceremony was dressed like Willy Wonka, wearing the top hat and all, and gave me a snack sized kit kat bar. It was probably the best day of my life.

Does anyone know when they put out their travel packages? I'm planning a vacation for early 2019 and I really want to see what they've got

They're always running travel packages. Either pick up the pamphlet at the exit or visit https://www.costcotravel.com/

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
the dry mushrooms at Costco are on clearance for 9.97 per 3/4 pound container.

You might be saying, that's not a lot of mushrooms. Except it is a gently caress ton of mushrooms in reality, as evidenced by the image below.

You just rehydrate the mushrooms in water. Best deal ever, keeps forever, get it and live your best life. If you aren't cooking with mushrooms you're loving up.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

drunkelberger posted:

I always go through Costco Travel when reserving rental cars, at a minimum.

Sometimes their hotel offerings are a bit more than I want to spend....

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Taima posted:

the dry mushrooms at Costco are on clearance for 9.97 per 3/4 pound container.

You might be saying, that's not a lot of mushrooms. Except it is a gently caress ton of mushrooms in reality, as evidenced by the image below.

You just rehydrate the mushrooms in water. Best deal ever, keeps forever, get it and live your best life. If you aren't cooking with mushrooms you're loving up.

This thing is good but sometimes theres a lot of stems that don't re-hydrate very well

FormatAmerica
Jun 3, 2005
Grimey Drawer

GORDON posted:

I always go through Costco Travel when reserving rental cars, at a minimum.

Sometimes their hotel offerings are a bit more than I want to spend....

We have had a great time with car rentals and their customer service over the phone. We very frequently seem to get free upgrades, end up with much nicer cars than what we booked/paid for.

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo

FormatAmerica posted:

We have had a great time with car rentals and their customer service over the phone. We very frequently seem to get free upgrades, end up with much nicer cars than what we booked/paid for.

I've only rented one car through Costco travel. I reserved a bottom of the barrel compact and when I showed up to Budget they gave me a Dodge Challenger R/T with about 300 miles on it. It probably didn't have anything to do with Costco but it was still loving awesome.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I like to think that having the Costco name on your car reservation sort of has some weight to it... they don't want to gently caress with the 'co, so they will make a little effort to keep the 'co acolytes happy.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Large brush fire within 2.5 miles of my Costco.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Kahului Costco is busy, but the gas is 70 cents a gallon cheaper than anywhere else on the island.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

GORDON posted:

I like to think that having the Costco name on your car reservation sort of has some weight to it... they don't want to gently caress with the 'co, so they will make a little effort to keep the 'co acolytes happy.

The a-Co-lytes.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

FogHelmut posted:

Large brush fire within 2.5 miles of my Costco.

Get out there and defend it.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Costco car rental is definitely hit or miss. Always worth checking out though.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I used to use my costco code at budget rental so often i still have the coupon code memorized(A017600, they never asked for my costco card either) until i put 10k on a rental car in 8 days and they stopped letting them out of the province :(

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

I bought a new pillow at Costco and I was really excited about it but it is a very bad pillow.

Can I return it without the packaging?

I'm sorry Costco :(

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

Merchandise: We guarantee your satisfaction on every product we sell with a full refund.

you could bring them the pillow torn to shreds and they would take it back.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

The Slack Lagoon posted:

I bought a new pillow at Costco and I was really excited about it but it is a very bad pillow.

Can I return it without the packaging?

I'm sorry Costco :(

Which pillows? I just picked up some luxury down alt pillows on sale today, not bad for the price. There’s some high end Asha(?) brand of bamboo filled pillows for like $100 but I can’t justify that over $11 for two

But yes you absolutely can. Costco has best return policy

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
I bought this Teriyaki Marinated Flank Steak a few weeks back and just now did a small BBQ by the lake today since it was a nice day. Not bad but I can do way better marinate myself, still ended up pretty tender but now I have a shitton left over so idk, maybe I'll make some teriyaki fajitas or something. probably wouldn't recommend it and not worth buying anything beyond their basic butcher cuts of meat, ive generally been disapointed and its not super overpriced, but still a bit overpriced.

also im pissed I went to get another 12-pack of siggis yogurt and this different costco (Vallejo) didn't have any at all :mad: They did have the yellow basmatti rice stuff that's pretty good, havent seen that in a year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Cool max pillow owns... to the max