Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
Cause what the Saints season needs is more injuries. gently caress you football.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
At least Membrey looks like he's fixed his radar

boy undead
Nov 11, 2006

time to get prolific with
the whiz kid
West Coast don't need help, ump

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.
gently caress off Rance you diving poo poo

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
Where’s that dumbcunt driveby tigers supporter to come in and say how much he loves that Rance is an umpires pet cheat

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

Alex Rance is overrated and I hate commentators jizzing over him and he's also a diving flog.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

First time at the Perth stadium and it's pretty good. I'm in the nosebleeds but still get a drat good view and I'm not looking at the screen to work out what's going on.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.

Solemn Sloth posted:

Where’s that dumbcunt driveby tigers supporter to come in and say how much he loves that Rance is an umpires pet cheat
hey I thought it was stupid too

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

I can’t remember any other player in my time watching afl that has such a gap between their actual ability and the level commentators talk him up

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
Tom Hickey is a poo poo tier footballer.

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
He took an uncontested mark 30m away from everyone else in the defensive goal square and they all jizzed their pants over his brilliant ability to read the play

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.
Say push up king one more time

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
Hold up king

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

i see the saints record of consistently letting key forwards kick big bags against them hasnt gone away

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!

NPR Journalizard posted:

First time at the Perth stadium and it's pretty good. I'm in the nosebleeds but still get a drat good view and I'm not looking at the screen to work out what's going on.

Hope you enjoy the whopper ads

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
Go home St Kilda, you're drunk.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Eagles have clocked out early and gone the gently caress home

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
I refuse to believe.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

St Kilda kick 14 goals, 88 points, and a good half their team look like neo Nazis too

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

the eagles club song really does sound like a village people cover band

boy undead
Nov 11, 2006

time to get prolific with
the whiz kid
Well, that wasn't so bad. Fire Lonie out of a cannon into the sun, though.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

I always had the gut feeling that match would be much closer than expected or possibly even a loss - it's always the ones you least expect and St. Kilda have always travelled well against us save that one time we absolutely belted them at Subi. I always seemed to get the Saints match when I went in person.

Hoping Darling's injury isn't too severe - he's been having a cracker of a year and possibly B&F and is still a factor in the Coleman, would hate to see that slip.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
I hope channel 7 loses the next rights agreement

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

The red line and the green line are the only ones advertisers and the networks remotely give a gently caress about

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

They should probably worry about both then because they're loving nosediving.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Just an out there theory, but I think the AFL already know, and that might be where AFLX, the lovely rule changes, China, and the constant pressure on fans to accept a twilight GF is coming from, and they're trying the whacky ideas because in their panic at being told the next rights offers from networks will be the same or smaller, rather than larger, they lack the composure and insight to do simple poo poo like fix the scheduling.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Jun 2, 2018

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Well gee, Friday viewership might boost if they stop playing loving Carlton & Collingwood in that spot week in week out. I'm sure Collingwood boost the numbers a bit, but I honestly have no interest in watching Carlton lose continuously.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Carlton v sydney had 6k more viewers than the last collingwood friday night game.

Also two of the top 5 highest rated games this season involve Carlton.

Carlton get a lot of friday night games because we have so many fans that only watch in tv these days.

Sacking bt, darcy, basil, lingy et al would boost ratings no doubt.

Actually televised executions would be ratings gold and probably sell out the mcg.

drunkill fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Jun 2, 2018

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

In the AFL being arsehole news: https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/in-despair-artists-take-aim-at-afl-over-indigenous-round-guernsey-20180602-p4zj25.html

The artists who designed the Bulldogs indigenous jumper haven't been paid for it's inclusion in the AFL video game. And I doubt they are the only ones.

I'm more inclined to think that this was an administrative oversight rather than actual malice. But it highlights some of teh things that have been said insomuch that the people in administration do not know how to administer the simple things.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

NTRabbit posted:

they lack the composure and insight to do simple poo poo like firing Brian Taylor and Cameron Ling into the sun

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

drunkill posted:

Actually televised executions would be ratings gold and probably sell out the mcg.

Screw kick and catch, let's have "come glass Carey after the game"

Divorced And Curious
Jan 23, 2009

democracy depends on sausage sizzles

drunkill posted:

I hope channel 7 loses the next rights agreement

ah yes, the six state capitals of australia: sydney, melbourne, brisbane, perth, adelaide and foxtel

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
The problem is Victorians go out and see matches in person, where are the ratings in that!?

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
Hard to believe how much heavy lifting Cometti was doing

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Replacing Cometti with Basil loving Zempilis was always going to be a disaster.

Also Simon Goodwin, good coach?

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Spot on Darce

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Good call BT

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
The fact that Carlton, the Dogs, Lions, Suns and Saint all look loving horrible this year is a pretty bad sign for the game in general imo. Carlton and the Lions less so, but the Saints and Dogs should be way better than they are. Both are playing real young teams due to injury etc but should still be better than the poo poo they are showing this year.

IMO the draft doesn't go far enough in its ability to boost teams off the bottom and needs to be reworked so the bottom 6 teams get more picks inside the first 2 rounds. Though that wouldn't fix all the off field fuckups...

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
The problem with the draft as an equalisation measure is that it doesn't work in the short term. All but the most freakish of talents take at least a few years to develop into consistently good players.

The other issue is that football teams are big - 22 players in a game and 50-ish in a squad, means you have to turn over or develop a lot of players to make a bad team into a good team.

Compare that to the NBA for instance, where there's 5 players on a court, and a roster of only 15. It's comparatively much easier to turn over your squad through trading and drafting, and one player can have a significant difference to a teams's fortunes. If you put Lebron on the worst team in the NBA, they would immediately become a playoff calibre team. If you send Dusty to Carlton, they're probably still bottom of the ladder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
And you can't really increase the incentives to finish bottom without further encouraging tanking