Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Comrade Milton
Jul 16, 2005
I didn't to post this as a thread because it's really just a question. I have friend who lives in Washington, DC. He's been watching a lot of hockey and wants to go to his first game, but can't stomach/afford Capitals pricing even normally, let alone the Finals. I've been checking out alternatives that might have better pricing like the AHL and NCAA Division 1 teams, but Washington is like a hole of hockey. The nearest AHL teams appear to be in Southern Pennsylvania and I've stopped paying attention to the NCAA, but do not see any decent teams in the area for that either.

He wants to pay less than $100 for a ticket, wants to see decent hockey (he knows he's not going to see matured Datsyuks and proper Finnish goaltenders, but what is there that's within fifty miles that can fill the hole? I guess I'm asking even if there is such a thing. Any help would be great, even if just a PM. I don't want to derail the thread, but funding decent hockey discussion and legitimate knowledge outside of SAS is obviously difficult.

e: VV Thanks VV

Comrade Milton fucked around with this message at 02:15 on May 28, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

The Players thread has a person or two in the area, I think, might also be a place to ask: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3395347

Regina looks like rear end in this Final so far, woof.

GoonGPT
May 26, 2006

Posting for a better future, today!
God I love Junior Hockey

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.

nature6pk posted:

God I love Junior Hockey

Agreed. I followed it more this year than I probably have since the 04-05 lockout and it's been a blast. It's so fun to go to games, everyone should do it.

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
Good job to Bathurst taking the memorial. Even the Acadians win sometimes.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Comrade Milton posted:

I didn't to post this as a thread because it's really just a question. I have friend who lives in Washington, DC. He's been watching a lot of hockey and wants to go to his first game, but can't stomach/afford Capitals pricing even normally, let alone the Finals. I've been checking out alternatives that might have better pricing like the AHL and NCAA Division 1 teams, but Washington is like a hole of hockey. The nearest AHL teams appear to be in Southern Pennsylvania and I've stopped paying attention to the NCAA, but do not see any decent teams in the area for that either.

He wants to pay less than $100 for a ticket, wants to see decent hockey (he knows he's not going to see matured Datsyuks and proper Finnish goaltenders, but what is there that's within fifty miles that can fill the hole? I guess I'm asking even if there is such a thing. Any help would be great, even if just a PM. I don't want to derail the thread, but funding decent hockey discussion and legitimate knowledge outside of SAS is obviously difficult.

e: VV Thanks VV

next year there's going to be a new NAHL team in Baltimore (specifically Odenton), and while it's junior hockey that league is a) very good quality, b) affordable, and c) a place to see future stars and seriously good goaltending (for whatever reason it produces better goalies than the "tier 1" American junior league, the USHL, according to the college people I've spoken to).

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Texas is going back to the Calder Cup Final, baby!

mich
Feb 28, 2003
I may be racist but I'm the good kind of racist! You better put down those chopsticks, you HITLER!
And Chris DiDomenico not happy about it (or the heckling fans).

https://twitter.com/_MeganHarris/status/1001307272226668544

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

but what does milbury think

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

inferis posted:

but what does milbury think

The words Milbury and think don't really go together

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
Someone help me with AHL Live, the website is down and NHL Network isn't showing Calder Cup Game 1 live.

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.

Edward Mass posted:

Someone help me with AHL Live, the website is down and NHL Network isn't showing Calder Cup Game 1 live.

Someone is streaming on Youtube.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮

Thanks.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
Texas/Toronto is NUTS.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
The Marlies probably laid their most comprehensive turd of the season, but I guess they at least only lost 2-1?

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Hand Knit posted:

The Marlies probably laid their most comprehensive turd of the season, but I guess they at least only lost 2-1?

Yeah they looked really rough, lots of dumb penalties in the 2nd period. That's okay. Let's bring it home in 6 so that it can happen with me there in person :v:

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
I have a family reunion during Game 5 :negative:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/FriedgeHNIC/status/1003961593619722240

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

Good Marlies win

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Kelly Cup finishes tonight!

https://twitter.com/ECHL/status/1005556391095005186

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
Marlies one win away from the Calder though if the trend continues this is going to game 7.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/ECHL/status/1005627344042823681?s=19

Eagles win their second straight Kelly Cup and are now moving up to the AHL

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
The Marlies can end it tonight, securing Johnnson and Dubas' a Calder Cup, and breaking the 3rd seal.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮

Stretch Marx posted:

The Marlies can end it tonight, securing Johnnson and Dubas' a Calder Cup, and breaking the 3rd seal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPvmIxu-LSA

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I managed to drive 3 hours down to cedar park to see game 3, which....I wasn't super pleased with the result until a friend made the same trip to see game 5. Put the loss I saw in perspective.:v:

Honestly, I liked the experience enough that I'm gonna look into doing it again next season. Was a lot of fun.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
Game 7 tonight! I'm missing RiffTrax Live to watch this, so the Stars had better fuckin' win.

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
Pretty fitting the only game 7 of the playoffs shows up for the finals.

The fix is in.

-e-

Though I guess there was a game 5 in the first to three so I suppose this no longer as magical.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

also yes, this game is on TV (NHL Network in the States, TSN2 up in Canada)

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
It's uh.....not been great for the Stars.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

this commentary takes "being a homer" to new heights, the kind that not even Ken "Hawk" Harrelson could dream of

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

lol that phantom Stars goal

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Fun fact: not even the first non-goal called legit by dogshit AHL refs in the Calder Cup Final in recent memory against the Marlies

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Andreas Johnsson is better than the entire Stars team

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Marlies win! :toot:

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

Kyle Dubas forever

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Koopa Kid posted:

Marlies win! :toot:

it was good.

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
Johnny is so good.

In Dubas we trust.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
It took a while but the results finally started lining up with how the games were going. Is anyone going to the party at Ricoh tomorrow?

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Toledo signed a player who absolutely epitomizes the ECHL and has the raddest loving name ever.

https://twitter.com/ToledoWalleye/status/1024334851640643587

https://twitter.com/ToledoWalleye/status/1024337233422311425

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Watching the World Junior showcase and the US has a player named Beeghe who is only 5'3.

Poor kid, no way does he make it. Fact that a solid program like Michigan grabbed him and he made the USDT is impressive though.

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Aug 3, 2018

• Locked thread