Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Wow. That certainly is a claim.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Town pgo should be trying to draw a NK not claiming

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Atomic Soda posted:

moat if we are both town my happiness will be complete but now i've sobered up somewhat you should probably kill me today.

the best and greatest rule with mafia is play to win and i am town but boy howdy i'm also a paranoid gun owner death miller (not sure if my flip is the scum alignment tho)

i am not a good enough player to make this work in towns favour and i don't want cops/docs dying to a misplaced hail of bullets. claiming is a problem also cause if scum have a redirector they just gunna feed townies into my fire, but i think its better than sitting on this info.

please kill me painlessly, and win as town for my sacrifice

if you let me live (don't) i'm pretty sure ecco said that bk and monathin were immune to my paranoia and should visit anytime!

:drat:

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I believe Atomic Soda.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
So... How is everyone

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

Hal Incandenza posted:

Town pgo should be trying to draw a NK not claiming

yes that is what the wiki said but also said that the safer play is to claim and given i'm no superstar and also a death miller that is the call i have made

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Tired Moritz posted:

So... How is everyone

I'm doin good Moz I just had a burrito after not eating all day and now I'm gonna take notes on dumb MMO nonsense.

How're you buddy.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
I got bitten by a dog and I think I need to get an injection

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
:(

i hope it was a small dog

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

This is all terrible

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
sorry hal :/ it seemed like the best play given my experience and the wiki advice to claim. i hope the dog is sorry also

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Welp, looks like my vote was rock solid. You're all welcome.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Atomic Soda posted:

sorry hal :/ it seemed like the best play given my experience and the wiki advice to claim. i hope the dog is sorry also

Pffft when I was once a death miller (a terrible thing really) I did pretty much what you did so I get that part. Assuming you aren't lying of course! There was a time long ago when I think death-miller was sort of a gambit thing but now they are so rare no one does that any more.

I'm really more upset that someone got bit by a dog

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

CCKeane posted:

Welp, looks like my vote was rock solid. You're all welcome.

I do not believe Soda is lying, Keane.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Moz I'm sorry you got bit by a dog, please feel better soon

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Monathin posted:

I do not believe Soda is lying, Keane.

That is fine.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Atomic Soda posted:

moat if we are both town my happiness will be complete but now i've sobered up somewhat you should probably kill me today.

the best and greatest rule with mafia is play to win and i am town but boy howdy i'm also a paranoid gun owner death miller (not sure if my flip is the scum alignment tho)

i am not a good enough player to make this work in towns favour and i don't want cops/docs dying to a misplaced hail of bullets. claiming is a problem also cause if scum have a redirector they just gunna feed townies into my fire, but i think its better than sitting on this info.

please kill me painlessly, and win as town for my sacrifice

if you let me live (don't) i'm pretty sure ecco said that bk and monathin were immune to my paranoia and should visit anytime!

So here's why I'm suspicious, here.

Atomic Soda just made a death miller, PGO claim, right? So claiming death miller is fine and all, but then AS makes the PGO claim, which eliminates most potential benefits of the position (while also eliminating some negatives - a bus driver makes AS another night kill possibility)

But why mention BK and Mona like this? Because AS just outted BK and Mona if they are power roles. For no reason.

So I suspect there's some back end treachery going on here, and I don't know even to figure out the exact details, but something stinks a bit.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Even though he’s on my shitlist I agree with keane. Something about that claim doesn’t sit well with me.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
Why would Ecco straight up just tell a scum AS that BK and Mona are PRs?

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
On that same line of thinking, AS probably lied about knowing BK and Mona are PRs.....?

So I guess either way it looks bad for AS. I dunno.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

CCKeane posted:

So here's why I'm suspicious, here.

Atomic Soda just made a death miller, PGO claim, right? So claiming death miller is fine and all, but then AS makes the PGO claim, which eliminates most potential benefits of the position (while also eliminating some negatives - a bus driver makes AS another night kill possibility)

But why mention BK and Mona like this? Because AS just outted BK and Mona if they are power roles. For no reason.

So I suspect there's some back end treachery going on here, and I don't know even to figure out the exact details, but something stinks a bit.

i thought about claiming just death miller, but then i thought that could attract cops who i would immediately kill and that it would be better to full claim. like i said, i'm not confident i could make pgo work w/o it being a detriment to town.

my mention of bk and mona is obviously a joke which they can confirm. i owe them both a murder.

keane why did you vote me earlier, before i claimed? the possibility of a bus driver/redirector is a good reason to kill me today, but i'm not buying your case.

bminus, can you specify more what doesn't sit well with you?

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

Dick Bastardly posted:

Why would Ecco straight up just tell a scum AS that BK and Mona are PRs?

why indeed

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

i thought AS was fakeclaiming, but apparently not lol

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Tired Moritz posted:

I got bitten by a dog and I think I need to get an injection

:getin:

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
##vote hal

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Atomic Soda posted:

my mention of bk and mona is obviously a joke which they can confirm. i owe them both a murder.

would that i had the loving kikoho this game, christ

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
So I'm assuming jokephase is over at this point?

I find Sodas claim really weird. Although this could be some kind of chess game where AS is like 20 moves ahead.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

Monathin posted:

would that i had the loving kikoho this game, christ

would that you did :/

SalTheBard posted:

So I'm assuming jokephase is over at this point?

I find Sodas claim really weird. Although this could be some kind of chess game where AS is like 20 moves ahead.

haha i wish but no, i am not familiar with pgo and the wiki said claiming was the safer play so that's what i did

quote:

The ideal play for a PGO is to get targeted by the Mafia, while not being targeted by any Town power roles. However, safer play is to claim directly -- this keeps other Town power roles safe, but also ensures the Mafia will not target you. Note that by claiming, you are opening yourself up to potentially being policy lynched at some point during the game.

apparently this was a terrible error, sorry!

Moatillata posted:

##vote hal

why hal?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
my arm hurts now :(

okay who scum

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
wheres merk and pmom

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Atomic Soda posted:

i thought about claiming just death miller, but then i thought that could attract cops who i would immediately kill and that it would be better to full claim. like i said, i'm not confident i could make pgo work w/o it being a detriment to town.

keane why did you vote me earlier, before i claimed? the possibility of a bus driver/redirector is a good reason to kill me today, but i'm not buying your case.

bminus, can you specify more what doesn't sit well with you?

I voted you as a goof, but it looks like I made the right call.

Please explain how you think you would be an asset to town.

BK, Mona, what is your response to this?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

CCKeane posted:

I voted you as a goof, but it looks like I made the right call.

Please explain how you think you would be an asset to town.

BK, Mona, what is your response to this?

Doesn't seem like anyone is claiming to be an asset here. Voting AS is probably right, especially since the PGO can be weaponized by the scum if they have the right roles.

I guess it could be a really sneaky lynch-bomb trick or something

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Is it possible AS is a jester?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

SalTheBard posted:

Is it possible AS is a jester?

It's possible, but not really worth considering, if there's a jester in the game welp! Jester was going to win the game anyway.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
hes a bomb

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

And?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I am a little put off by the "I'm just not good enough enough for this role" because it's not really true, AS is a fine player

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
idk we're just throwing ideas, right?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
AS might be scum goon trying to pull a gambit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

I think Monathin's behavior is a little weird around the claim. He's mentioned in the claim (which AS later says was just a joke), but he made two separate posts about how he believed the claim. The second post just struck me as too stuck on it.

• Locked thread