Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The balls State of Decay with it's massive loving updates that are required to even play it, regardless if I wanna play online. I've wanted to sit down and play twice now just to be greeted to a 20 gig update which takes like 5 hours with my lovely internet. I can't believe I bought the $50 version of this pile of poo poo. Most regrettable game purchase I can remember.

Is that normal for Xbox games? Where you can't even launch a game until it has the most current version installed? And why can't poo poo update automatically like PS4? I hate this garbage console.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Yeah, Xbox games won’t be launchable at all if it knows of an update, and especially with Microsoft-published games, patches tend to be quite large.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

univbee posted:

Yeah I wouldn't hold my breath, 4K textures are massive and command an awful lot of resources to make. If it's not on the PC version don't expect it on One X either.

Super late on this but yeah the PC version has better textures and makes it look as good as any modern game. They could have done something.

I am now a single console gamer, my friends. Kept the PS4 for GoW (and Detroit I guess) but it's gone to a better place now, i.e. another goon.

Might be a zero console gamer if my xbox blows up due to weird Aussie voltage.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

veni veni veni posted:

The balls State of Decay with it's massive loving updates that are required to even play it, regardless if I wanna play online. I've wanted to sit down and play twice now just to be greeted to a 20 gig update which takes like 5 hours with my lovely internet. I can't believe I bought the $50 version of this pile of poo poo. Most regrettable game purchase I can remember.

Is that normal for Xbox games? Where you can't even launch a game until it has the most current version installed? And why can't poo poo update automatically like PS4? I hate this garbage console.

??? My games update automatically

"Don't have poo poo internet" is indeed kind of a requirement for modern console gaming, sadly.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Say you want to play when the update drops

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Just never play video games and it won't be a problem

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I've had the poo poo set to download updates while off and it still hasn't plenty of times.

But I had to cut it off due to glitches I already posted about.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

TheScott2K posted:

??? My games update automatically

"Don't have poo poo internet" is indeed kind of a requirement for modern console gaming, sadly.

Like, they start in sleep mode like on PS4? I sure as hell haven’t found an option for that.

It’s really not a requirement at all. Having a connection that makes regular massive mandatory updates a huge fun ruiner has had zero effect on my PS4 and switch gaming experience.

I can’t remember the last time I had to nix my plans to play a game on PS4 because of an update because it handles that all for me, yet it seems to make Xbox practically unplayable for me because I don’t use it much, then I turn it on and it’s like “sorry can’t play any games until dl 100 gigs of bullshit.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

RBX posted:

I've had the poo poo set to download updates while off and it still hasn't plenty of times.

But I had to cut it off due to glitches I already posted about.

As far as I can tell it’ll update while it’s off, maybe, usually not though because it doesn’t seem to work well.

but the system doesn’t automatically update while the system is off like PS4. You have to turn it on for it to start updating making the feature useless.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

My Xbox always updates all the games I never play that are still installed while it's asleep

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I want to upgrade to a One X depending on how Red Dead Redemption 2 takes advantage.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Laserface posted:

My Xbox always updates all the games I never play that are still installed while it's asleep

Well poo poo I dunno then. I have it set to update in sleep mode. It does nothing.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

So with the Xbox One you can go to My Games and Apps and see uninstalled games associated with your account that you can install. Is there a way to do that on the Xbox360?

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:
Just finished The Turing test from my GWG backlog. It's a pretty cool indie puzzle game that gave me Portal vibes with its similar 'rogue AI' kind of plot and sci-fi setting. Instead of a portal gun though you carry a gun that can manipulate these power orbs to open doors, raise platforms etc.

The same dev made another GWG puzzle game Pneuma: Breath of Life, but I found it to be much better than that one.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Xenomrph posted:

So with the Xbox One you can go to My Games and Apps and see uninstalled games associated with your account that you can install. Is there a way to do that on the Xbox360?

Nope, that's not possible. You can try and look up your purchase history on a PC through the Xbox/MS website but the console itself has no such thing.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I said come in! posted:

I want to upgrade to a One X depending on how Red Dead Redemption 2 takes advantage.

1800p/30fps is a pretty safe bet.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

More like checkerboard 1800p while barely able to hold 20 frames.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

In all likelihood it'll be higher res than the PS4 Pro version but only by a very small amount, for what that's worth, like 1440p PS4 Pro vs. 1620p or 1800p on Xbox One X, going by similar games.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

My body is ready for the internet's crushing disappointment with RDR2

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

TheScott2K posted:

My body is ready for the internet's crushing disappointment with RDR2

If it doesn't have Samurai World I'm going to be very upset.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Healbot posted:

Nope, that's not possible. You can try and look up your purchase history on a PC through the Xbox/MS website but the console itself has no such thing.
The 360 can access a list of your past downloads, that's how you can redownload stuff that was delisted.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Yeah, but it's a raw download history list in purchase order, you can't trim out stuff that's already installed or put it into a more sensible order. Still better than nothing.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

univbee posted:

Yeah, but it's a raw download history list in purchase order, you can't trim out stuff that's already installed or put it into a more sensible order. Still better than nothing.
It's better than the PS3, which doesn't differentiate between PS3 and loving Vita games so if you have any crossbuy poo poo oh wait I downloaded the wrong one. What the gently caress was that about?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Akuma posted:

It's better than the PS3, which doesn't differentiate between PS3 and loving Vita games so if you have any crossbuy poo poo oh wait I downloaded the wrong one. What the gently caress was that about?

Yeah, it was kind of a dumb way to handle things. Basically you could download PSP and PS Vita stuff to a PS3 and then transfer them to the handhelds via USB from there. They really needed it to be clearer on the download window, though. Someone made a great Javascript thing that will give you a fully-sorted list of what you own on the webstore using whatever qualifiers you want. Alphabetical, by system, includes delisted titles...

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Akuma posted:

The 360 can access a list of your past downloads, that's how you can redownload stuff that was delisted.

Where can you view that? I went poking around but clearly I overlooked that.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Xenomrph posted:

Where can you view that? I went poking around but clearly I overlooked that.

It's like in Settings/Account/Purchase History, something to that effect, it's not in an obvious place.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

It includes literally every “purchase”, including avatars and themes and trials of XBLA games and videos (remember when those didn’t stream and you had to download them?) so it’s far from pleasant to work through.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

univbee posted:

It's like in Settings/Account/Purchase History, something to that effect, it's not in an obvious place.

Thanks for the tip! I'll go poking around. Shame it doesn't work like the Xbox One's does, that's super-handy for knowing what's actually associated with my account. I've kept a ton of poo poo installed on my 360 just because I was afraid that if I deleted it, I'd forget I owned it and then never see it again.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

State of Decay 2 trip report thus far.

Buy expensive version to play early on disc. Go home to find 90% of the game isn't on the disc. Wait 5 hours for update to finish. Play for an hour because it's so late.

Fire it back up. Another 20 gig update. Guess I'm not playing tonight either.

Game updated. It now just crashes at the initial load screen...It is completely unplayable.

wow

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The only gameplay is getting stuck in the floor, waiting 12 seconds to look through every drawer

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

veni veni veni posted:

State of Decay 2 trip report thus far.

Buy expensive version to play early on disc. Go home to find 90% of the game isn't on the disc. Wait 5 hours for update to finish. Play for an hour because it's so late.

Fire it back up. Another 20 gig update. Guess I'm not playing tonight either.

Game updated. It now just crashes at the initial load screen...It is completely unplayable.

wow

Well, thank you and all others like you who ignore current trends and still inexplicably buy new games in tyool 2018, for beta testing them before I buy them in a year or two! :cheers:

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Well, I play 95% on PS4 and Switch, so buying literal trash fires that are half way finished is new to me. I'd probably have a better radar for this stuff if I used my Xbox more or had a gaming PC.

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

univbee posted:

If it doesn't have Samurai World I'm going to be very upset.

Pre-order DLC outfit the raj.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
I haven't had any issues with State of Decay 2 - downloaded it when it came out because I already had gamepass and got it for "free". I'm guessing I also have it set to auto-update because I haven't seen the big updates y'all are talking about.

I got bored with it pretty quick but as far as actual gameplay I haven't run into any issues/glitches.

e: oh except for that time I got my truck that was loaded with stuff stuck in a ditch but I couldn't tell if it was glitched or I'm just dumb for driving into a ditch

Joey Freshwater fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Jun 4, 2018

mfny
Aug 17, 2008
Anyone here picked up Street Fighter 30th on bone ?

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
In my drunken stupor I bought ESO and Summerset. I never played ESO is it any fun? Xbox support wouldn’t give me a refund lol

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

MS/Xbox Support should definitely give you a refund if this is your first time getting one, you bought it recently and you've played less than two hours.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Yea I brought vanquish by accident thinking I had gold still and got a refund real quick and easy with online chat.

But if you're talking about elder scrolls online it's a fine game if you love that series.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I am not very tech literate and having a hard time finding a monitor to use with my Bone X. I want either a 24" or 27" that can do 4k and offers HDR. Prices apparently range from ~$400 to $900 so I must be missing some details here.

Does anyone just have a "this is 4k with HDR" recommendation they can throw at this big idiot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

HDR on monitors aren't really there yet. PC displays aren’t bright enough to make the most of HDR so TVs have the edge.

A non expensive one is the Acer ET322QK FOR $450.