Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I need video proof of hacking because I've only seen a single dude claim it's going on and I can't imagine anyone wasting their time coming up with a hack for a demo that only lasts 2 days.

Splatoon 2 has already been hacked to hell, with plenty of people doing impossible stuff in Multiplayer, and people have even found a hidden secret multi-player mode in the game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Dear person I just played who won every round with a drop shot followed by a lob,

Good work exploiting my weaknesses. I wish I could punch you in the face irl.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Maybe zone speed should be R and zone shot should be L. Then special can be hold R and then hit L. As long as you were at full meter when you started holding L, it would let you press L to do the special. Then you could just hold L while running for the star and not waste your meter.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Huxley posted:

X has to be associated with trick shot because it is the only way to execute it in single joycon mode.

An option to turn it off or remap is all that's needed

You can turn off the stick but not the button for reasons but it could be a demo only problem

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
So is there anything I'm missing by not unlocking all the characters in the demo or anything? The online is loving dreadful a majority of the time, and my internet isn't the problem. You'd think that Nintendo would figure this out after however many years but...

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

I don't know how people are getting matches in Mario Tennis. I finally sat down to try it online and I had to cancel 10 one bar matches before I found a single one with 3+ bars. My internet isn't that bad, I haven't noticed any issues with Splatoon or ARMS.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
The worst part is when you pick a match with 4-5 bars, get in game to 3 bars and then by the time you're 15-0 it's 1 bar.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

BIG BUFF MAN posted:

Dear person I just played who won every round with a drop shot followed by a lob,

Good work exploiting my weaknesses. I wish I could punch you in the face irl.

I warm up for every Mario Tennis Aces tournament with this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y04V271cCeo

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

BRING IT ON BRING IT ON YEAH

Guy Goodbody posted:

Splatoon 2 has already been hacked to hell, with plenty of people doing impossible stuff in Multiplayer, and people have even found a hidden secret multi-player mode in the game

That isn’t a demo that only lasts two days. Splatoon 2 has been out almost a year.

Tim Burns Effect
Apr 1, 2011

I guess Hyrule Warriors is old news already but why on earth is the text so loving small? Is there no way to change font size or anything?

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

Tim Burns Effect posted:

I guess Hyrule Warriors is old news already but why on earth is the text so loving small? Is there no way to change font size or anything?

Nope, and it's worse in handheld mode because the game renders at 1080 and then sizes it down to fit the 720 display instead of just rendering at a lower resolution.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Pug Rodeo posted:

That isn’t a demo that only lasts two days. Splatoon 2 has been out almost a year.

Those hacks came out within a couple days of significant homebrew coming out. Assuming they are just editing the Switch's memory, it's not all that big of an ask to think that someone has already hacked mario tennis.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
I literally don’t know how I lost this match in Mario tennis. I was playing Toad and he was playing Chomp and he wasn’t even doing charge power attacks, he would just rally back and toad would get blasted halfway across the screen and there was no way I could set up at that point.

Did they make smaller characters more susceptible to that or something? I’ve never been pulverized by a chomp that bad.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

The counter system helps some with mitigating knockback (hit red with blue/blue with red, and purple with purple), have you been using that?

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
It’s really frustrating when you’re playing a power hitter and you just are not doing well. You feel helpless getting knocked back. You’re almost better off conceding a point if they have you chasing balls rather than letting them build up their meter.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I haven't figured out how to fight off Chomp and I've just been avoiding him instead. His shots move too fast.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
Today my opinion of Tennis did a 180 and I'm hyped now. A good rally is a rush. What's the combo to do lob and drop without using X?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Wildtortilla posted:

Today my opinion of Tennis did a 180 and I'm hyped now. A good rally is a rush. What's the combo to do lob and drop without using X?
A->B and B->A

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Hold R when serving and you do a Zone Serve

Neat

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Cobalt Viper posted:

I haven't figured out how to fight off Chomp and I've just been avoiding him instead. His shots move too fast.
A good Chomp player has pretty much 100% coverage across the court, you're never gonna beat them with regular shots unless they make a mistake. Your only hope against a Chomp is to push them back and drop shot because they're usually too slow to catch it.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
You don't have to hold, just tap it instead of the other buttons. It's a good way to break a racket if the other person isn't good at returning zone shots.

homeless snail posted:

A good Chomp player has pretty much 100% coverage across the court, you're never gonna beat them with regular shots unless they make a mistake. Your only hope against a Chomp is to push them back and drop shot because they're usually too slow to catch it.

This was loving me up. I was against a chomp and couldn't figure out how he was able to return every shot no matter where I hit it.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Rosalina's trick shot is the biggest bullshit in the history of video games

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Alternatively, go for racket breaks on a Chomp. But yeah, he has a really good matchup against everyone in the demo. Wonder if that'll be different in the full game.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

What's the deal with stars? I just figured out Star shots and an good at using them and getting points but then I started to notice the stars appear like every single shot for my opponent and never for me. What's that dependent on?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

A.I. Borgland Corp posted:

What's the deal with stars? I just figured out Star shots and an good at using them and getting points but then I started to notice the stars appear like every single shot for my opponent and never for me. What's that dependent on?

If you return off form (meaning you were too far away from the ball when you hit it) a star will form for your opponent. It's kind of bullshit in a way. Considering you already get punished for going off form by being unable to move, and sometime stumbling way off the court, but the other person also gets an opportunity to charge shot to the other side of the court. A star also will form if you don't charge up a shot I think.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I wonder if there's some hidden morale system because I just had a really neat closeout to a set. I successfully blocked Bowser's special shot for one point, and then I used my special shot on the next point and broke his racket. I served out the rest of the game and both times Bowser returned but it went out. I haven't seen many serve returns go out, let alone twice in a row

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I just started Wonderboy. Old platformers are really hard, but the modern cute graphics save it. At least so far, I just got turned into a mouse and it's not as good as being a dragon

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Oh hell yeah music game, now we're talkin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNSbjr_QM9Y

Guy Goodbody posted:

I just started Wonderboy. Old platformers are really hard, but the modern cute graphics save it. At least so far, I just got turned into a mouse and it's not as good as being a dragon

Wonderboy's platforming felt WAY too archaic for me to really enjoy. The art is gorgeous but wasn't enough to save it for me.

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

Cojawfee posted:

If you return off form (meaning you were too far away from the ball when you hit it) a star will form for your opponent. It's kind of bullshit in a way. Considering you already get punished for going off form by being unable to move, and sometime stumbling way off the court, but the other person also gets an opportunity to charge shot to the other side of the court. A star also will form if you don't charge up a shot I think.

I found out that you can regain momentum by successfully landing a trick shot. You can even get away with burning energy if you time it too late because they don't seem to ever give up star points.

But sometimes if you find yourself on your back foot and your opponent keeps on charging up big hits, you just want to concede the point rather than let them build meter for free.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Macaluso posted:

Wonderboy's platforming felt WAY too archaic for me to really enjoy. The art is gorgeous but wasn't enough to save it for me.

The fact that you can get stunlocked during invincibility frames, and both of the bosses I've encountered so far have attacks designed specifically to do that, is real bad

pissdude
Jul 15, 2003

(and can't post for 6 years!)

i dont understand why sometimes when i hold left or right and press a shot button my guy will lunge for the ball and return it from pretty far away, and sometimes they'll just whiff a swing from the same distance

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

EightFlyingCars posted:

I found out that you can regain momentum by successfully landing a trick shot. You can even get away with burning energy if you time it too late because they don't seem to ever give up star points.

But sometimes if you find yourself on your back foot and your opponent keeps on charging up big hits, you just want to concede the point rather than let them build meter for free.

Agreed. I’ll just stop lunging and let them hit a winner. Otherwise they’ll just burn you anyways.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Is little nightmares good?

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

JonathonSpectre posted:

Hey Switch thread I'm joining you because I got a Switch.

Man this thing is slicker than owl poo poo. I feel like I'm in the future just holding it, and the moment when you slip it in the cradle and it just pops up on your TV with no bullshit is a Star Trek moment for sure.

So I bought this thing 99% for the purpose of playing multiplayer games with my girlfriend's 13 & 14 year-old daughters. I got Super Mario Odyssey with my bundle and am gonna be buying Breath of the Wild and Mario Kart for sure. I'd like to get 2 other fun multiplayer games that would appeal to these kids. Anyone want to kick out a recommendation or two for games that teenage girls who alternately love and hate each other would enjoy?

this is forever ago but check out kirby

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

pissdude posted:

i dont understand why sometimes when i hold left or right and press a shot button my guy will lunge for the ball and return it from pretty far away, and sometimes they'll just whiff a swing from the same distance

I think it's a timing thing, but I can't say for certain.

I really wish I didn't get matched against people with 25k points. I have like 400.

CascadeBeta fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Jun 3, 2018

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

a.lo posted:

Is little nightmares good?

I'd say yes. But if you played say Limbo or Inside and didn't like those, the gameplay is pretty similar

Jonny_Rocket
Mar 13, 2007

"Inspiration, move me brightly"
Ended up preordering Mario Tennis Aces, I feel like this game will sell like hotcakes

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

https://twitter.com/Capt_Piddles/status/1003197828519215104

God bless

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

That scream lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CascadeBeta