Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

straight up brolic posted:

I think the only players in the top tier with true “bust” potential are Bridges, Bamba, and Young (but I like rolling the dice on Young & Bamba a ton and think they both should go high)

Porter has bust potential, or do you not have him in that tier?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Sexton would scare me

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Lockback posted:

Porter has bust potential, or do you not have him in that tier?
Porter is in the medical risk tier, so below the top guys for me but worth rolling the dice on based on your intel. If he’s healthy I think he’ll be very good.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Sexton is absolutely not in the top tier. I could see him randomly being good but it’s like 10% all star+, 23% JR Smith style role player 67% hard bust. He needs to learn to/show that he can do a ton of things well to contribute in the NBA

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Sexton is absolutely not in the top tier.

I sort of figured, but I usually see him on the same tier as the two Bridges so

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Lockback posted:

Plus, I honestly am not sure beating out Nick Calathes and Sergio Rodriguez for the MVP is more impressive than putting up numbers in NCAA. I think there is a little glorification happening allot the Euro League right now.

This is a hilarious player to use for the argument given that Calethes put up 17 a game in college 10 years ago. You are insane if you don't think he'd be scoring like 30+ now that he's a grown man with years of experience. Come on. It is easily a much higher level of competition overall, almost every American playing at the Euroleague level was at worst a pretty good college player.

MourningView fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Jun 1, 2018

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

Spacebump posted:

Those guys would dominate college. If Doncic's Euroleague team played in the NCAA, they'd probably go undefeated. Doncic's competition is harder.

Doesn’t it go both ways though. Doncic is playing against better competition but he’s also got better teammates who lift him up. Whereas Ayton and other college prospects share the court with fellow kids.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Adun posted:

Doesn’t it go both ways though. Doncic is playing against better competition but he’s also got better teammates who lift him up. Whereas Ayton and other college prospects share the court with fellow kids.

I mean by this logic Adam Morrison should have been an amazing pro player because he got to go from playing with a bunch of mid major players to professional athletes. Doncic was clearly the best player on his team and the guy driving the offense

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

MourningView posted:

I mean by this logic Adam Morrison should have been an amazing pro player because he got to go from playing with a bunch of mid major players to professional athletes. Doncic was clearly the best player on his team and the guy driving the offense

Adam Morrison dominated the Adriatic League

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Ya it was a joke of contrasts, not a serious example. I don’t think the Buffalo game in particular was even that bad for Ayton. He was really good!

True, it's at least it's proof that Ayton is already used to playing with undersized 2 guards handling the ball who won't dial up his number, which should make him a perfect fit in Phoenix or Sac.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

R.D. Mangles posted:

Adam Morrison dominated the Adriatic League

Dominated seems kinda strong but it was definitely not to the degree he dominated college and not until he was like 30 and had spent years in the NBA. That's also not as good as the league Doncic was in.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

here's the hottest take i've ever laid down in an NBA thread: Ammo would have been like an OK bench guy on a bad team if he didn't completely wreck his knee

creamcorn
Oct 26, 2007

automatic gun for fast, continuous firing

R.D. Mangles posted:

here's the hottest take i've ever laid down in an NBA thread: Ammo would have been like an OK bench guy on a bad team if he didn't completely wreck his knee

The amazing thing is that he wrecked his knee getting crossed over by Luke Walton. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMEQarnJE1Y

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

R.D. Mangles posted:

He'd also be better in today's NBA than he was in the late 2000s. Like acceptable role player better but still

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

creamcorn posted:

The amazing thing is that he wrecked his knee getting crossed over by Luke Walton. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMEQarnJE1Y

Not just after getting crossed over by Luke Walton

Getting crossed over by Luke Walton in a preseason game

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I was amused by the stories about Ammo bugging the poo poo out of the assistant coaches to go golfing with him

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

DeimosRising posted:

He'd also be better in today's NBA than he was in the late 2000s. Like acceptable role player better but still

No way. He still wouldn't be able to get a shot off and would be unplayable defensively. Teams would be going out of their way to find him on switches every time he was on the floor. He was way too slow and unathletic even before the injury. He was arguably the worst player in the league getting real minutes his rookie year.

MourningView fucked around with this message at 14:09 on Jun 1, 2018

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

https://twitter.com/bernieshow/status/1002186339637518336

"So how is your back"
"Oh it's ok considering it locked up on me when I got out of the car"

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
The modern NBA has no place for weird PNW libertarians

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

If the Clippers get MPJ I will cum

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

If the Clippers get MPJ I will cum

A big with injury concerns doesn’t really seem like their type

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Danillo can tell him how to stay healthy

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

If Porter somehow fell to the Sixers I’d be down to roll the dice

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

paternity suitor posted:

If Porter somehow fell to the Sixers I’d be down to roll the dice

It's an annual tradition and I enjoy the ride.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

MourningView posted:

No way. He still wouldn't be able to get a shot off and would be unplayable defensively. Teams would be going out of their way to find him on switches every time he was on the floor. He was way too slow and unathletic even before the injury. He was arguably the worst player in the league getting real minutes his rookie year.

By better I don’t mean good, he’d be a bad defender in any era post 60s. Teams are way better at generating open looks for shooters now, though, and poor Anmo was out of the league before the corner three craze swept the league

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
I had a dream that the Grizz traded up one spot to draft Doncic

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Lol apparently no one wants MPJ because he’s a MAGA Guy/libertarian

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

what?

Also I have my doubts that NBA Owners and GM's honestly care about that

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

feels like it's much more likely because he's already had a major back injury

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

MourningView posted:

feels like it's much more likely because he's already had a major back injury

The burden of supporting so many refugees and illegal immigrants was too much for him

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

WhyteRyce posted:

The burden of supporting so many refugees and illegal immigrants was too much for him

Lol

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Also as plugged in as Woj is I don't believe he's actually falling all the way out of the lottery. 10 seems like his floor to me.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

A poster on r/nba_draft citing an unnamed source says MPJ is refusing to share medicals with Sac and Memphis which I will choose to believe because :lol:

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
It's why I laugh at MPJ falling past the Bulls.

I'm like 90% sure, unless some weird poo poo happens and like Doncic or someone else who has no business dropping drops to 7 the Bulls are going to draft MPJ.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

WhyteRyce posted:

A poster on r/nba_draft citing an unnamed source says MPJ is refusing to share medicals with Sac and Memphis which I will choose to believe because :lol:

He was screwed when he admitted he's had back problems for years. L3L4 issues are no bueno.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
I was a libertarian when I was 18, I was also stupid as hell and had only read Steven King and Star Wars books
https://twitter.com/xpinson3/status/961423302534279169
Dexo

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Jun 4, 2018

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Is this an actual thing

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
MPJ seems like a kind of iffy prospect even if his health were 100%; I'm pretty cool on him even though he's a high-upside guy where the Bulls are drafting.

Like the vibe I get from him is "Andrew Wiggins except people don't even think he'll be good on defense." Or I guess maybe "ball-stopping Tobias Harris"

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

Dejan Bimble posted:

I was a libertarian when I was 18, I was also stupid as hell and had only read Steven King and Star Wars books
Dexo

Those two dudes are signed to play at Mizzou next year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Dejan Bimble posted:

Dexo

Yeah, Chicago poo poo has been all over his Instagram and poo poo during this process. He's been training in Chicago.

If he's there at 7 it would shock the hell out of me if the Bulls don't take him.

• Locked thread