Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I was invited to a gender reveal party and let’s just say I didn’t know it was meant for unborn children

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
oldpantsless

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

I'd been assuming it was a trans-thing, for people who want to loving explode out the closet.

Reality is much less fun.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Someone help me out with these. Are they real? Where do they come from? I'm not confused by nice guys or incels or PUA poo poo but this seems to be a weird cross-section of all three, and I don't know how it formed naturally in the wild. Are there forums full of otaku who psych eachother up to approach women in this way? Do they run RP ideas past one another, practice on one another? So many questions. I hope they're fake but I know they're not.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I don't get the thing where they describe all their mannerisms. Where do they get that from? Is it an anime thing?

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Deified Data posted:

Someone help me out with these. Are they real? Where do they come from? I'm not confused by nice guys or incels or PUA poo poo but this seems to be a weird cross-section of all three, and I don't know how it formed naturally in the wild. Are there forums full of otaku who psych eachother up to approach women in this way? Do they run RP ideas past one another, practice on one another? So many questions. I hope they're fake but I know they're not.

*reads your post, smiles and shakes head ruefully*

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Wheat Loaf posted:

I don't get the thing where they describe all their mannerisms. Where do they get that from? Is it an anime thing?

Yes. Everything that is loving creepy and offputting is an anime thing.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Deified Data posted:

*remembers being 12 on a Pokemon forum*

Not always, but it does seem to be an old internet thing that gets taken up by kids.

*rides off into the sunset*

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Knormal posted:

Also some of you guys might want to go back and edit that realistic rubber vagina to a link, people have been probated for fake genitals before.

Another administrative note: Since I am the only mod who hands out probations for this thread, it's very unlikely that anyone is getting in trouble for a fake pussy. It should be generally assumed that everything in this thread is NSFW, and unless it's like, actually illegal or highly inappropriate, I'm not apt to remove much. To clarify: You can post rubber pussies, so long as there are less than five of them.

Wheat Loaf posted:

I think so, since there seems to be a huge crossover between people like this and people who really, really love anime. That being said, people who are super into anime also like a lot of other really weird poo poo. Also, now that I am thinking about that, I am suddenly reminded of that extremely golden thread of that girl who thought Sephiroth or whoever wanted to gently caress her on the astral plane.

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

:cumpolice:

cash crab posted:

Another administrative note: Since I am the only mod who hands out probations for this thread, it's very unlikely that anyone is getting in trouble for a fake pussy. It should be generally assumed that everything in this thread is NSFW, and unless it's like, actually illegal or highly inappropriate, I'm not apt to remove much. To clarify: You can post rubber pussies, so long as there are less than five of them.

I think so, since there seems to be a huge crossover between people like this and people who really, really love anime. That being said, people who are super into anime also like a lot of other really weird poo poo. Also, now that I am thinking about that, I am suddenly reminded of that extremely golden thread of that girl who thought Sephiroth or whoever wanted to gently caress her on the astral plane.

Oooh yaaaas. I forgot about this. Thank you for posting, I know what I'll be reading tonight :)

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

AUG Thread: You can post fewer than 5 rubber pussies

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

lofi posted:

I'd been assuming it was a trans-thing, for people who want to loving explode out the closet.

Now this is a business idea.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

chitoryu12 posted:

One is fewer than 5! :downs:

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

lofi posted:

Reality is much less fun.

Picnic Princess posted:

Now this is a business idea.

Call it "GENDER ERUPTION!" and I bet you could sell the concept.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Gender reveal parties for adults would loving own. A while back I saw this newspaper clipping of a guy who wanted to make a correction for a baby announcement that he'd made fifteen years prior, saying the ad incorrectly stated they had a daughter, but they wanted to correct it to "son" after their son came out.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

(Am I the only one who finds gender reveal parties a bit weird? I can't explain exactly why, but they make me feel vaguely uncomfortable.)

Oh they're weird alright. I got invited to one and i was like "Really? Inviting a trans woman to one of these is your idea of appropriate?"

Im sure there's enough of us in this thread with the necessary skills to make a "Gender Eruption Party" business that can turn a profit.

Seeing weebs do that awkward ask a girl out thing and act it out in person is Chernobyl levels of loving cringe.
On the rare occasion they work up the nerve to actually do it, its without fail some first year illustration major who hasn't been weeded out of their program yet for only drawing anime girls in every single one of their 100 level drawing and design classes. The one i still remember ten years after the fact was the girl being asked out not even turning her head to look at the goober and stating: "Please gently caress off forever."

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

chitoryu12 posted:

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

There’s an entire subreddit dedicated to that cringey asterisk role play poo poo.

r/creepyasterisks

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Last weekend I was at Anime North and I'm pretty happy I didn't see any AUG on display. I do have issues with a white guy dressed as a gender swaped Ms Marvel, but whatever.

But this reminded me some of the more AUG cosplays

Doing anime insults in real life is peek AUG Weeb. It's lower than using Japanese words when english ones will do just fine. JUST loving SAY WATER!

If the timestamp on this picture is correct, i'd say this is the first true Weeb

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

chitoryu12 posted:

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

No wedding ring, 3/10

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

twistedmentat posted:

Last weekend I was at Anime North and I'm pretty happy I didn't see any AUG on display. I do have issues with a white guy dressed as a gender swaped Ms Marvel, but whatever.

I made the mistake of going into the McDonald's on Stephen Ave during Otafest and the only thing that made that particular restaurant more surreal (other than the piss on the pop machine) was seeing at least four different people in modified Totoro costumes waiting for McFlurries while a dude in a zoot suit covered in peanut butter tries to steal upcoming orders.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Secure your dick.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

cash crab posted:

Gender reveal parties for adults would loving own. A while back I saw this newspaper clipping of a guy who wanted to make a correction for a baby announcement that he'd made fifteen years prior, saying the ad incorrectly stated they had a daughter, but they wanted to correct it to "son" after their son came out.

at my work we sell a lot of gender reveal poo poo and I hate it and it makes me cringe every time (esp as a nonbinary person but whatever) but we also sell a lot of regular baby stuff. one time this guy came in and wanted a big yard sign normally meant for newborns, but he was buying it for friends who were adopting a young adult man and it was so loving wholesome despite my poor description

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

The Snoo posted:

at my work we sell a lot of gender reveal poo poo and I hate it and it makes me cringe every time (esp as a nonbinary person but whatever) but we also sell a lot of regular baby stuff. one time this guy came in and wanted a big yard sign normally meant for newborns, but he was buying it for friends who were adopting a young adult man and it was so loving wholesome despite my poor description

Adopting an adult man? Disabled?

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

:iiam:

edit: v v v I believe he said very early 20s. I would assume there are a lot of people still in the foster system into their adulthood because everything sucks so much. but seriously good for the new parents :unsmith: I wish more people would adopt

snoo has a new favorite as of 00:20 on Jun 4, 2018

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Solice Kirsk posted:

Adopting an adult man? Disabled?

Young adult man, I'd assume that means teenager

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

cash crab posted:

:3:

Jisae
Oct 1, 2004

What a bargain!

I was reminded of the time my friend worked as a baker at a grocery store. She decorated a cake that said "Happy Birthday Daddy!" on it (nothing too strange on its own) but the customer who picked it up was a 20-something woman in a full lolita outfit who promptly gushed about how pretty it was and how much "Daddy" was going to love it.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

cash crab posted:

I had an adult gender reveal party yesterday when I finally opened my trenchcoat at a bus stop. It was awesome!

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

I've seen lolitas at work a lot. Also furries. I accidentally started a honeypot thread by shitposting a thread in GBS about seeing a furry there and something like 10 goons ended up getting banned after it stayed on the front page for a month? 2 months? All because I decided to drunk post one night.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Picnic Princess posted:

I've seen lolitas at work a lot. Also furries. I accidentally started a honeypot thread by shitposting a thread in GBS about seeing a furry there and something like 10 goons ended up getting banned after it stayed on the front page for a month? 2 months? All because I decided to drunk post one night.

You're doing the lord's work.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Picnic Princess posted:

Secure your dick.

cash crab posted:

I made the mistake of going into the McDonald's on Stephen Ave during Otafest and the only thing that made that particular restaurant more surreal (other than the piss on the pop machine) was seeing at least four different people in modified Totoro costumes waiting for McFlurries while a dude in a zoot suit covered in peanut butter tries to steal upcoming orders.

I had to think about this, but I thought you were in Toronto not Calgary. The Totoro's are fine, its the zoot suit guy that bugs me. I hate 90s Swing Revival making them cool when they were worn by black and latino youths in the 40s and were constantly beat up by police for them. More so than normally.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

twistedmentat posted:

I had to think about this, but I thought you were in Toronto not Calgary. The Totoro's are fine, its the zoot suit guy that bugs me. I hate 90s Swing Revival making them cool when they were worn by black and latino youths in the 40s and were constantly beat up by police for them. More so than normally.

I should clarify that he clearly found the suit somewhere and was not wearing it for fashion-related purposes.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

cash crab posted:

I should clarify that he clearly found the suit somewhere and was not wearing it for fashion-related purposes.

Oh, now that's just depressing.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

He should riot.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

cash crab posted:

I came here for AUG, not touching stories that put a smile on my face.

Here's Alyx from a cinematic Half Life 2 mod. She's textured and modelled where no modeller should go!

He cancelled the project for getting called out for being creepy af. Some people still defend his choices and lament the canning of the project.

Felt wife!

Whatever this is meant to do!

Ebola Roulette
Sep 13, 2010

No matter what you win lose ragepiss.

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Pizza is a gender now? Dammit, Tumblr.

(Am I the only one who finds gender reveal parties a bit weird? I can't explain exactly why, but they make me feel vaguely uncomfortable.)

They're weird. I definitely take an issue with the people who have a gender reveal party AND a baby shower later. Some people have their gender reveal at their baby shower and that seems like just another baby shower activity. Most have it separately and it just seems like a tacky gift grab.

We found out we're having a girl and we did things the old fashioned by simply announcing it without having a party.

And they really should be called sex reveal parties :spergin:

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

wow i really dislike the smoldering nut eyes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

The Snoo posted:

wow i really dislike the smoldering nut eyes

I literally JUST changed the title, for gently caress's sake