Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
The person behind the tweets is:
Jerry Colangelo
Bryan Colangelo
Jerry & Bryan Colangelo
Sam Hinkie
Joel Embiid
Someone Else (Post the best conspiracy theories you go)
View Results

• Locked thread
euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Yeah

I think there is just gamesmanship over his remaining salary at this point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://deadspin.com/the-sixers-really-need-to-fire-bryan-colangelo-right-no-1826511540

Lebron has been making fun of it too.

TheKevman
Dec 13, 2003
I thought Mad Max: Fury Road was
:mediocre:
so you should probably ignore anything else I say

euphronius posted:

Yeah

I think there is just gamesmanship over his remaining salary at this point

Right, the conversation is 'how much do we have to pay and how much of this can we argue is covered under cause.'

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/IsBCFiredYet/status/1002832638246359040

:argh:

Spoke Lee
Dec 31, 2004

chairizard lol
This is agonizing.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Spoke Lee posted:

This is agonizing.

It's probably worth taking an extra few days to figure out how you can get rid of the guy without having to pay him all of the money on his contract but it sure has been a long time

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
It's Sunday, I assume the HR guy who does the firing paperwork doesn't get in till tomorrow

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Colangelo will probably be fired, because everyone wants to save face. But, disregarding that, does he deserve to be fired for his wife taking things said in confidence and tweeting them to local media figures?

It seems like an I am not my brother (wife's) keeper sort of thing. If she was tweeting crazy racist stuff and he worked as a CPA, would it be his fault? Especially if he didn't know about it as it happened.

I think that might be the question that means a full payout, if no, and a negotiated settlement, if yes.

There are some things that need to be kept a secret, but there are people with the most secret clearances imaginable that tell their spouses about work, and it doesn't leave the house.

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Jun 4, 2018

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Yes because you do not tell your spouse confidential info

This is basic

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

i mean you can but if it leaks then its your fault

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

euphronius posted:

Yes because you do not tell your spouse confidential info

This is basic

YOU'RE KILLING INDEPENDENT GEORGE

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Sharing confidential info with a spouse is usually unlawful and unethical. There is no magical spouse exception . I don’t share any confidential information with my wife and never will

Besides that the info shared showed him to be a petty , paranoid small man who is obsessed with image and face and had no business running nba organization

Besides that he may have made the worse trade in the history of the nba

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
It'll probably be negotiated anyway because he probably has a super complex contract and they'll want him to sign a non disparagement agreement and etc. They'll give him some amount of money to gently caress off and not say anything, even if they could just fire him

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Ghost Dog posted:

i mean you can but if it leaks then its your fault

Yeah

euphronius posted:

not even the worst trade involving a draft pick made last year imo

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Hyperbole

What other one where you thinking of ? The original nets trade ?

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

euphronius posted:

Sharing confidential info with a spouse is usually unlawful and unethical. There is no magical spouse exception . I don’t share any confidential information with my wife and never will

Besides that the info shared showed him to be a petty , paranoid small man who is obsessed with image and face and had no business running nba organization

I don't like him either, and I think his firing will be good for the 76ers, I'm just talking about the idea.

You can say it's illegal and foul and so on, but if you marry someone and can't trust them not to blab anything you tell them, you should probably get a divorce. There's something a former high ranking person in an American agency told me, that top secret information walks out of their buildings every day, but it never gets further than the household unless someone has a grievance or is being paid to steal it.

In some ways it's a burden to tell someone something that could cause trouble if they were to pass it on, in other ways it lifts a burden and might make thinking about it easier. It seems that Brian's wife shares his personality.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

euphronius posted:

Hyperbole

Probably the Mitchell pick.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

euphronius posted:

Hyperbole

The Mitchell pick was traded for Trey Lyles and Tyler Lydon lol

Although yeah the Nets trade was worse than both

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

MourningView posted:

The Mitchell pick was traded for Trey Lyles and Tyler Lydon lol

.... they got Mitchell and Gobert from Den for nothing ??

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

euphronius posted:

.... they got Mitchell and Gobert from Den for nothing ??

Uh, no they got them for Tyler Lydon, Trey Lyles, and cash.

I really want them to take that Faried package Denver is supposedly offering just to see if they can do it a third time.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
It's up to Sacramento to determine the next phase of the Tatum trade, what a rush

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

It feels like both BC and the wife were logging onto the account(s), like they shared it. It explains the AI match on language tendencies, explains the leaks, and the other targeted interests to try and generate "noise" on the account.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
The goal is to make the Sixers better, not to do right by Bryan Colangelo. He is tainted and must go.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Dejan Bimble posted:

Colangelo will probably be fired, because everyone wants to save face. But, disregarding that, does he deserve to be fired for his wife taking things said in confidence and tweeting them to local media figures?

It seems like an I am not my brother (wife's) keeper sort of thing. If she was tweeting crazy racist stuff and he worked as a CPA, would it be his fault? Especially if he didn't know about it as it happened.

I think that might be the question that means a full payout, if no, and a negotiated settlement, if yes.

There are some things that need to be kept a secret, but there are people with the most secret clearances imaginable that tell their spouses about work, and it doesn't leave the house.

Aside from fault, part of a GMs job is to be effective at what he does in the public and NBA spheres, and this obviously affects that. I don't see how he can do his job anymore. Whether it's his fault or just a massive bad situation that he could not change, he still is neutered.

I also think its BS none of those handles that tweeted were his or he knew about them, because they all went dark when the reporter contacted the office. Eric Jr didn't, and it was the worst, but the other ones had tweets that absolutely were a problem coming from a GM.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Lockback posted:

Aside from fault, part of a GMs job is to be effective at what he does in the public and NBA spheres, and this obviously affects that. I don't see how he can do his job anymore. Whether it's his fault or just a massive bad situation that he could not change, he still is neutered.

I also think its BS none of those handles that tweeted were his or he knew about them, because they all went dark when the reporter contacted the office. Eric Jr didn't, and it was the worst, but the other ones had tweets that absolutely were a problem coming from a GM.

I agree with you, thus the caveat in my first post

AnacondaHL posted:

It feels like both BC and the wife were logging onto the account(s), like they shared it. It explains the AI match on language tendencies, explains the leaks, and the other targeted interests to try and generate "noise" on the account.

It's also possible that a long married husband and wife might converge in their use of language. But the accounts shutting down immediately make me think he probably knew she was tweeting if not the content of the tweets

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Or she tweeted from his account sometimes.

Like, my stepmom definitely posts on my dad's facebook from time to time (clue is when big ups are being given to The Troops which my dad doesn't give a gently caress about).

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/SnowmanEmbiid/status/1002970896062173184

https://twitter.com/Dcorrigan50/status/1003676397657829376

:thunk:

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
normalcollars.com

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Lmao this was inevitable

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Today is the day

My bet: he stays . Jerry intervenes to save his sons job

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

he gone

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

What do you even communicate to the players if you decide to not fire him? You can't just say 'we looked into it and it's fake news'.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I have no idea . They’ll just blame the wife who mysteriously had confidential info and major axes to grind against Bryan’s enemies

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

MalarkeyToboggan posted:

What do you even communicate to the players if you decide to not fire him? You can't just say 'we looked into it and it's fake news'.

“Those are normal tweets. Move on, find a new slant.”

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

euphronius posted:

Today is the day

My bet: he stays . Jerry intervenes to save his sons job

they're gonna fuckin do it aren't they?

Josh Harris is a spineless piece of poo poo and they'll never win a championship as long as he's around

e: did you see this garbage settling us up for it?
http://www.nba.com/article/2018/06/06/report-philadelphia-76ers-ownership-meets-discuss-bryan-colangelo-future

Stevie Lee fucked around with this message at 13:43 on Jun 6, 2018

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

That’s just a recap article . Nothing new is in there that I see

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
the agent quotes are new aren't they?

anyways, even if he does get fired, I'm betting on the team making Cohen or Eversley (or gently caress it, both!) GM and returning Jerry to his president of basketball ops role

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

I had a dream where they hired Hinkie

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Radio saying announcement between 2-4 pm

:pray:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch