Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Hal Incandenza posted:

If someone has a great non-AS scum case today, I'm all for looking at that. Otherwise AS is kind of a detriment to town going forward. If I were scum I would want AS around as long as possible after that claim unless I was totally convinced she was a master scum hunter who would break the game open if left alive.

This is an excellent point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Does a bomb role actually exist? That’s the only reason I’m wary of a soda lynch.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

b-minus1 posted:

Does a bomb role actually exist? That’s the only reason I’m wary of a soda lynch.

Yeah it does. But most likely that would just kill the person who hammered. We can always try and make whoever seems scummiest hammer

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
For what it's worth I believe ASoda's claim 100% but it does put us in an uncomfortable position of having to dunk someone who is almost definitely town without being able to scumhunt.

Personally I do not like the way Hal is arguing, and appears to be moving the goalposts multiple times on reasons we should dunk AS.

Also that "who would want AS in LYLO" situation is incredibly petty, imo, and speaks of a weird level of confidence in AS' dunk, which does not seem a pro-Town attitude to have, PGO Death-Miller or no.

I am currently preferring Hal over any sort of narrative claimed on Soda.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Lol ok vote me that’s fine

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Hal Incandenza posted:

Lol ok vote me thats fine

Well, if you insist.

##unvote

##vote Hal

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

:rolleyes:

##vote Monathin

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I guess I should just claim. Reverse death-Miller so I’ll flip town but know that I was secretly scum

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Lolwut

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
I'm a double triple death miller. I flip opposite of whatever I am, but I'm presented as a 3p 1 shot BP SK.

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

I'm a Schrodinger Miller: I don't even know my own alignment until I die.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Hal Incandenza posted:

I guess I should just claim. Reverse death-Miller so Ill flip town but know that I was secretly scum

Are you saying you do not believe ASoda's claim? Please speak clearly.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
Hal should hammer AS imo. I'll vote AS closer to deadline (not too close hopefully)

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Monathin posted:

Are you saying you do not believe ASoda's claim? Please speak clearly.

I tend to believe it but it doesn’t change my attitude about what to do.

Mostly I was just being snide because people acting like I’m pushing some scummy agenda is irking me when I’m pretty clearly coming from a logical place. AS herself said mostly the same things I did

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Dick Bastardly posted:

Hal should hammer AS imo. I'll vote AS closer to deadline (not too close hopefully)

Fine by me

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Hal Incandenza posted:

I tend to believe it but it doesnt change my attitude about what to do.

Mostly I was just being snide because people acting like Im pushing some scummy agenda is irking me when Im pretty clearly coming from a logical place. AS herself said mostly the same things I did

It was not what you said, but how you said it.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
i'm awake and catching up, have a case to make on keane

i am fine to die today, its what i expected when i claimed

i will flip 'wild-aligned' when i die, there is no confirmation that this is the scum alignment

sister mother wife and lover, adams rib the ever other im a lady

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

Tired Moritz posted:

we should kill AS for having inside jokes

is fair, was bad haha

Hal Incandenza posted:

Whenever merk arrives he will 100% vote AS until either he or AS is dead so let’s just do this and head that off

yeah were is merk, i expected him to be hear bossing everyone around by now

Hal Incandenza posted:

Do you have a better option? (besides me)

AS has boxed us in. Can't investigate. Scum won't kill. Will flip scum. They either stay around as a distraction or we get it over with.

this is true, killing me is the best outcome today sadly but thats ok, i still win with town

i'm getting more frustration that opportunistic scum from hal tbh, whereas i'm getting the opposite from keane

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
oh i usually would be totally against town voting for themselves but if it makes you all feel better i will hammer myself. nothing will happen, because i am a pgo deathmiller

keane is pinging me, mostly re: this post

CCKeane posted:

So here's why I'm suspicious, here.

Atomic Soda just made a death miller, PGO claim, right? So claiming death miller is fine and all, but then AS makes the PGO claim, which eliminates most potential benefits of the position (while also eliminating some negatives - a bus driver makes AS another night kill possibility)

But why mention BK and Mona like this? Because AS just outted BK and Mona if they are power roles. For no reason.

So I suspect there's some back end treachery going on here, and I don't know even to figure out the exact details, but something stinks a bit.

keane is a ~legendary~ player right. firstly, i already pointed out the first bit, claiming as pgo removes all the benefit from the role. if i had claimed just death miller, i bet that a cop would have tried to check me out during the night and got themselves shot. scum are not going to prioritise me as a target when i'm an excellent push later. claiming death miller w/o claiming pgo would have been heaps worse than claiming them both, and i think keane knows this.

his second point is that "i just outted bk and mona power roles". i don't think he can believe this genuinely. the options are:

1. i'm scum or 3p, in which case how the hell would i know.
2. i'm town and i'm a dumbass outing power roles - more realistic, but i'm not that stupid. in any case again, how would i know.

keane can't legitimately think that i'm outing power roles here, so why is he pushing it like that? i think he's using my silly joke to see if he can get any confirmation of that or not from others.

finally, the last line. he's definitely voting me here and it is on the basis that there is treachery and it stinks. he shifts later to asking me how i'd be an asset, moving away from his implications that i'm somehow dodgy.

CCKeane posted:

I voted you as a goof, but it looks like I made the right call.

Please explain how you think you would be an asset to town.

BK, Mona, what is your response to this?

i've already acknowledged that i'm not an asset to town, and that town should kill me today. what happened to the "something is fishy" from earlier?

i think keane is acting suss, with subtle fishing and slippery insinuations, and possible scum ##unvote ##vote keane

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
I agree Keane pushing the whole power role outing thing is weird af.

The way I see it, if lynching AS is the expected outcome of the claim, then why try to shade AS at all?

It's odd, and I don't like it. I think Keane is worthy of intense scrutiny moving forward.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Hmm I was actually fine with that keane post.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
*she's a bomb

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

b-minus1 posted:

Hmm I was actually fine with that keane post.

why, what appealed to you? i'd be happy for you to respond to my points, but i don't see how that post was fine.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

Tired Moritz posted:

*she's a bomb

thankyou tm

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
whats with the hal votes

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

Tired Moritz posted:

whats with the hal votes

sal's appears to be a joke vote but the other two are weird.

i asked moat why and he said

Moatillata posted:

Hal knows what he did

Moatillata posted:

Don't sign your posts

Unfortunately now that scum knows AS is a PGO if they have a redirect they essentially get a free extra kill

This saddens me but I will vote her to prevent this, however, I am not gonna vote her atm because I am still holding out hope to murder scum atm

Like Hal who is scum

help me understand moat!

mona's vote i don't get either

Monathin posted:

It was not what you said, but how you said it.

can you go more into this? what's kicking off the scum vibe?

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

BottleKnight posted:

What Does It Mean

I believe her claim which means she is likely town and would not like to execute her as it does nothing to forward the game for town but waste a lynch and give the scum a free nk

I would prefer to lynch someone who is actually on the scum team

Barring that her lynch is better than say, a lurker lynch (which frequently happens d1) since we avoid redirect shenanigans with the PGO

I feel like I shouldn't have to spell this out to you beek

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Slamburger posted:

I'm a Schrodinger Miller: I don't even know my own alignment until I die.

How long have you been keeping this one in the box

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Atomic Soda posted:

sal's appears to be a joke vote but the other two are weird.

i asked moat why and he said

help me understand moat!

mona's vote i don't get either

can you go more into this? what's kicking off the scum vibe?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
the moral of the story is that you should never claim in d1 because its such a drat hassle.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Tired Moritz posted:

the moral of the story is that you should never claim in d1 because its such a drat hassle.

So, why did you claim you were scum?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
because it was joke phase

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Tired Moritz posted:

because it was joke phase

Hold on

channels the spirit of Pinterest mom

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
I would like to see Keane respond to AS's case

if he would only stop lurking

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Moatillata posted:

I would like to see Keane respond to AS's case

if he would only stop lurking

Okay.

AS is wrong.

Ta-da!

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

CCKeane posted:

Okay.

AS is wrong.

Ta-da!

:tipshat:

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

AS is the clear vote for today, feel free to keep in mind what she is saying for the future I suppose, but there are zero reasons to not vote her today, it's clearly a role that should be eliminated even if everything she said is completely on the level, which is dubious at best.

I'll gladly apply the hammer if folks are worried about a bomb.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Atomic Soda posted:

oh i usually would be totally against town voting for themselves but if it makes you all feel better i will hammer myself. nothing will happen, because i am a pgo deathmiller

keane is a ~legendary~ player right. firstly, i already pointed out the first bit, claiming as pgo removes all the benefit from the role. if i had claimed just death miller, i bet that a cop would have tried to check me out during the night and got themselves shot. scum are not going to prioritise me as a target when i'm an excellent push later. claiming death miller w/o claiming pgo would have been heaps worse than claiming them both, and i think keane knows this.

his second point is that "i just outted bk and mona power roles". i don't think he can believe this genuinely. the options are:

2. i'm town and i'm a dumbass outing power roles - more realistic, but i'm not that stupid. in any case again, how would i know.

keane can't legitimately think that i'm outing power roles here, so why is he pushing it like that? i think he's using my silly joke to see if he can get any confirmation of that or not from others.

finally, the last line. he's definitely voting me here and it is on the basis that there is treachery and it stinks. he shifts later to asking me how i'd be an asset, moving away from his implications that i'm somehow dodgy.

i've already acknowledged that i'm not an asset to town, and that town should kill me today. what happened to the "something is fishy" from earlier?

i think keane is acting suss, with subtle fishing and slippery insinuations, and possible scum ##unvote ##vote keane

I'd also point out here that AS actually does not believe this, since she is not voting herself.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Atomic Soda posted:

Let's also take this apart further: Are these the only options? They are not, and signaling exists as an option.

Let's look at AS's claim and how Mona, one of the named players, responded to it.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3857599&userid=178848

The above is Mona's post history. I'm linking it here so everybody inclined to take a look can see how many of the posts are directly related to AS and Mona's reaction to AS.

Monathin posted:

I believe Atomic Soda.

Monathin posted:

I do not believe Soda is lying, Keane.

Monathin posted:

I think ASoda is a fine player and I get wanting to claim PGO because it's a really tricky role to play around, the main way they're useful as a power role is by trying to get scum to run into them, as has been discussed, which is now out the window. The way they're responding to you feels like towny who knows they got a role that can't be very useful to town.

I believe ASoda's claim because I believe ASoda's claim.

Monathin posted:

For what it's worth I believe ASoda's claim 100% but it does put us in an uncomfortable position of having to dunk someone who is almost definitely town without being able to scumhunt.

Personally I do not like the way Hal is arguing, and appears to be moving the goalposts multiple times on reasons we should dunk AS.

Also that "who would want AS in LYLO" situation is incredibly petty, imo, and speaks of a weird level of confidence in AS' dunk, which does not seem a pro-Town attitude to have, PGO Death-Miller or no.

I am currently preferring Hal over any sort of narrative claimed on Soda.

Notably ABSENT in Mona's posts are any response to Mona being called out by name by AS in her claim.

I thought I was more explicit in my call out of that, but I'm a bit ambigious so let me be clear: I'd like Mona to respond to AS claiming them out by name.

CCKeane posted:

I voted you as a goof, but it looks like I made the right call.

Please explain how you think you would be an asset to town.

BK, Mona, what is your response to this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

CCKeane posted:

Notably ABSENT in Mona's posts are any response to Mona being called out by name by AS in her claim.

I thought I was more explicit in my call out of that, but I'm a bit ambigious so let me be clear: I'd like Mona to respond to AS claiming them out by name.

If y'all are gonna make me do this, fine.

I have flavor in my role PM that reinforces what Atomic Soda is saying about a psuedo Death Miller claim, because I have something similar, though not the same as ASoda's claim.

• Locked thread