Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

sleepy.eyes posted:

Neo Nazis are using a bunch of parenthesis? Why? What's it supposed to be?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triple_parentheses

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I actually thought it was a play on the (in stereo where available) graphic they use to put on TV shows, which probably just reveals both how old and how out of touch I am.

gently caress off nazis.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
I thought it was hugs

:jackbud:

fakeaccount
Jun 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
All I know is, 8===D (())

8==(())

8(())

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

fakeaccount posted:

All I know is, 8===D (())

8==(())

8(())

Is that someone missing the anus and rubbing their dick along the side of the rear end? Because that's what it looks like.

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003
Maybe they're supposed to be the faces of a mandrill (ho ho), a snail and a frog

fakeaccount
Jun 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Disgruntled Bovine posted:

Is that someone missing the anus and rubbing their dick along the side of the rear end? Because that's what it looks like.

Ask a grownup to help you decode these secret nazi cryptograms.

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

Within the same 20 minute period on the M25 this morning I encountered:
  • Someone cycling along the hard shoulder.
  • A car in the outside most lane doing about 60mph forcing everyone to undertake them.
  • Someone in some Nissan/Hyundai shitbox doing 38mph in the inside lane. I got stuck behind this one because it was simply too dangerous to pull out to get past, but luckily only had a mile to go before my exit.

loving bank holiday drivers are the worst.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Why does the UK get a holiday on the US memorial day?

Also why do you guys use MPH?

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Mein Kampf Enthusiast posted:

Why does the UK get a holiday on the US memorial day?
We don't, you get a holiday on Bank Holiday Monday.

Mein Kampf Enthusiast posted:

Also why do you guys use MPH?
Because we won the war.

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
Thank god I didn't kill the thread. I'll apologize once more for the stupid joke and then forget it.

Now I'm gonna brag about my weekend and it's me who you share the road with. I watched the Indy 500 and was inspired by it on a drive to grandmother's house today. I caught every yellow out of town juuuust right and was on the tail end of the pack after every one. Then I matched speed (about 70.01 mph) with the car in front of me and kept a fair distance and cruised 25ish miles without having to pass and being passed maybe twice. It was a pleasant drive.

It was a speed limit weekend anyways, probably a big OT day for Deputies and Troopers. Get home safe everyone and God Bless America.

RollsRoyce
Feb 11, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
I met the Ur Mustang Driver. The Platonic Ideal of Mustanger. The Ford Lama. In a classic notchback, fire engine red.

Two exit ramps, one from the highway east and one from the highway west, cloverleaf into dumping both exits' traffic into two parallel lanes divided by dotted lines coming into town. I'm coming west, which dumps into the right lane, he's coming east, dumped into the left lane. He guns it, cuts me off without signalling, then stands on his brake and does a wide armed "What the gently caress are you doing" gesture while looking at me in the rearview mirror. I'm taking the next right and then the right after that, so I put my turn signal on and he does the same, makes the turn, I make the turn, as I complete it he stops again.

Same wide armed "what the gently caress are you doing?" gesture. We're doing like 10mph, maybe 15. I'm about 3 car lengths behind him. He makes the next right turn and goes flying off the side of the road, pretty sure he hit the curb pulling into a parking lot, so I make my turn and keep going past him before I hear him stand on the throttle and come flying up my rear end with his arms both out in the "What the gently caress are you doing?" gesture. We get a few hundred more feet and he just throws it into a u-turn in an intersection and goes flying the other way.

I don't know. I have no idea.

Dave Inc.
Nov 26, 2007
Let's have a drink!

Geoj posted:

I'm the rubbernecking white F-150 around the 0:50 mark taking a pleasure cruise down the shoulder with one wheel over the line.

I think he was the only guy with the consideration to slow down and see that the truck driver was getting out okay. I'm more irritated that everyone else just scooted along like "Oh that just happened, I wonder if everyone is okay or if someone is caught in that fire. Well anyway I have to get to work probably not my business anyway."

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

RollsRoyce posted:

I met the Ur Mustang Driver. The Platonic Ideal of Mustanger. The Ford Lama. In a classic notchback, fire engine red...

...I don't know. I have no idea.

Were you driving a Camaro?

RollsRoyce
Feb 11, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Disgruntled Bovine posted:

Were you driving a Camaro?

Nope, small bland crossover

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
On my way to see family in Colorado Springs on the holiday, I encountered dozens of New Mexico cars, and none of them ever went the speed limit on I-25. I had to pass a guy in the left-most lane going 60MPH in a 75MPH zone. Goons of New Mexico, is it typical that your drivers don't go speed limits and obey "slower traffic keep right" signage?

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Dave Inc. posted:

I think he was the only guy with the consideration to slow down and see that the truck driver was getting out okay.

Based on my experience with the average US driver, the likelier scenario is "slowed down to get a good video on his smart phone as he passed the scene."

PenisMonkey
Apr 30, 2004

Be gentally.

Protocol7 posted:

On my way to see family in Colorado Springs on the holiday, I encountered dozens of New Mexico cars, and none of them ever went the speed limit on I-25. I had to pass a guy in the left-most lane going 60MPH in a 75MPH zone. Goons of New Mexico, is it typical that your drivers don't go speed limits and obey "slower traffic keep right" signage?

That’s typical everywhere.

IronDoge
Nov 6, 2008

I was working on an accident scene on a major highway with a jack-knifed tractor trailer closing one side entirely. The accident happened in the westbound lane right before the crest of a big hill. Now of course there are rubber-neckers in the eastbound lane slowing down to pull out their phones to take a video/picture. One particular guy took the goddamned cake though by bringing his tractor trailer to a screeching halt on the shoulder of the road on this downhill section, rolling down his window, and sticking his phone out to record.

The state trooper on scene looked at the and then at my crew in sheer disbelief as to the dumbfuckery he was witnessing. We all shined our flashlights on the guy's face as the trooper proceeded to yell at the guy to keep moving before he cited him. I wish there were enough troopers on duty to ticket the dumbasses who drop 20mph just to get a good snapchat of accidents.

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA
Got threatened with being run down by an impatient gently caress stopped at a red light today. Several pedestrians in the crosswalk on an unambiguous "Walk" sign and he deliberately hits the accelerator as soon as someone was immediately in front of him, coming to a screeching halt mere inches from actually hitting them. He gets cussed out, responds with a "Well I didn't hit ya, did I?", and speeds away as soon as the walk is clear.

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003
Well he didn't hit ya, did he?

MrOnBicycle
Jan 18, 2008
Wait wat?

Cugel the Clever posted:

Got threatened with being run down by an impatient gently caress stopped at a red light today. Several pedestrians in the crosswalk on an unambiguous "Walk" sign and he deliberately hits the accelerator as soon as someone was immediately in front of him, coming to a screeching halt mere inches from actually hitting them. He gets cussed out, responds with a "Well I didn't hit ya, did I?", and speeds away as soon as the walk is clear.

That's when you walk ultra slow (and probably piss him off enough to run you over).

MikeyTsi
Jan 11, 2009

Cugel the Clever posted:

That's a broken headlight.

The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER

MikeyTsi posted:

That's a broken headlight.

Yes. Definitely commit property damage to the two-ton death machine driven by a guy with anger issues.

B4Ctom1
Oct 5, 2003

OVERWORKED COCK
Slippery Tilde
https://www.facebook.com/EngelgegenTeufel/videos/2157985107821513/

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

:psyduck: How did they get in there in the first place?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

The Prong Song posted:

Yes. Definitely commit property damage to the two-ton death machine driven by a guy with anger issues.

If the pedestrian had a gun this wouldn’t have happened.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Protocol7 posted:

This is a weird aside, but I figure ya'll are the most likely to know this: Why do I see so many cars in Louisiana that are registered in New Mexico? Before I moved to NOLA, I had only seen New Mexico plates a few times, but here, you see quite a lot of luxury cars and new cars with NM plates. Is the registration really cheap and easy there?

Rude Dude With Tude
Apr 19, 2007

Your President approves this text.

I was confused, and then I saw the [I] on their number plate and of course.

Dave Inc.
Nov 26, 2007
Let's have a drink!

Diodeous posted:

This is a weird aside, but I figure ya'll are the most likely to know this: Why do I see so many cars in Louisiana that are registered in New Mexico? Before I moved to NOLA, I had only seen New Mexico plates a few times, but here, you see quite a lot of luxury cars and new cars with NM plates. Is the registration really cheap and easy there?

A lot of the really nice cars in Charleston, SC are registered in Montana or New Mexico or what have you. Yes you just need a mailing address there and you can register.

Dude I know has a brand new NSX registered to an LLC in Montana. No fees up there and the ones in SC are freaking steep

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Yep, any fancy car with Montana plates is someone skipping out on paying taxes.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
I wish I were wealthy enough to avoid taxes

:smithfrog:

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

sneakyfrog posted:

I wish I were wealthy enough to avoid taxes

:smithfrog:

I read this as "I wish I were wealthy enough to avoid trees"

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

xzzy posted:

That's what I was thinking. Isn't it the same in NY with Delaware/NH plates?

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
its pretty funny dealing with really rich people because pretty much every choice they make is viewed through the lens of "how can i avoid paying taxes with this"

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

xzzy posted:

Any car 10 years old or older can get permanent MT plates. Pay 3 years of registration and then never have to pay again.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
I can't particularly blame people for doing that. Anything you can do to legally avoid paying tax, crack on with it.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Proud Christian Mom posted:

its pretty funny dealing with really rich people because pretty much every choice they make is viewed through the lens of "how can i avoid paying taxes with this"

It's kind of a weird idea. You hire a professional, or team of professionals, and they spend several yearly salaries on making less of your money disappear. You spend $250k to save a few million dollars.

Imagine a service where poor people paid $20 and reaped several hundred dollars in tax benefits.

Wait...

Dave Inc.
Nov 26, 2007
Let's have a drink!

InitialDave posted:

I can't particularly blame people for doing that. Anything you can do to legally avoid paying tax, crack on with it.

At least for South Carolina it's technically* illegal to do this, because the car must be registered in state if it has been there for more than 45 days. That enforcement is generally lax doesn't absolve people of breaking the law.

* I guess I just mean that it's clearly illegal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

Dave Inc. posted:

At least for South Carolina it's technically* illegal to do this, because the car must be registered in state if it has been there for more than 45 days. That enforcement is generally lax doesn't absolve people of breaking the law.

* I guess I just mean that it's clearly illegal.

That's a bit of a silly law. Technically, Joe Contractlabor would have to re-register his truck if he worked in SC for 2 months and then again when he went back home to Hogpen, GA.