Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Matt somehow fucks up in a way where everything works out fine, Woolie and Pat are the ones that don't gently caress up until it's really stupid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

MonsterEnvy posted:

He did not get shot, he had a heartattack. Which he does not have if you defend yourself.

gently caress, Carl is the old guy, not the android.

:doh:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Dias posted:

Matt somehow fucks up in a way where everything works out fine, Woolie and Pat are the ones that don't gently caress up until it's really stupid.

Matt always bumblelords through any situation, including partnering with a notorious AV actress to start her twitch channel. Meanwhile Woolie always has a chance to simply bumble due to his beliefs, and Pat has Crazy Talk to deal with.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Also, Peach streamed Heavy Rain last night so that's something to watch in the archives.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Why did Markus go deviant. I feel like order of operations was wrong, like you should of got the endure it or fight back prompt and if you hit fight back then you break through.

Having him go this isn't fair and smashing down the walls only to go "lol nah nvm" is really dumb

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Why did Markus go deviant. I feel like order of operations was wrong, like you should of got the endure it or fight back prompt and if you hit fight back then you break through.

Having him go this isn't fair and smashing down the walls only to go "lol nah nvm" is really dumb

this game doesnt really make any sense.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Jesus Christ, Pat, you have a loving sick child, this isn't the time to spend 10 minutes looking at menus determining what skills you're gonna upgrade next.

I'm glad Pat isn't a real parent and has no plans on becoming one.

My favorite part of this episode though is the low key drunk discussion between Woolie and Matt about Matt's plans to bang Hitomi Tanaka.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

yeah the whole markus chain til now has been real janky, I like the scenario it presents but it rushes thru it too fast and does a half-rear end job at presenting a realistic setup for markus to break code.. then the cops show up and Leo just says "the android did it" (did what?? caused a heart attack?) and they just pull the trigger immediately. Like, I GUESS maybe the cops are on edge cuz a couple android cases have come up recently (after a bunch of time with no problems supposedly) but there's zero reason to shoot in that scenario at all.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Indecisive posted:

yeah the whole markus chain til now has been real janky, I like the scenario it presents but it rushes thru it too fast and does a half-rear end job at presenting a realistic setup for markus to break code.. then the cops show up and Leo just says "the android did it" (did what?? caused a heart attack?) and they just pull the trigger immediately. Like, I GUESS maybe the cops are on edge cuz a couple android cases have come up recently (after a bunch of time with no problems supposedly) but there's zero reason to shoot in that scenario at all.

To be fair, "itchy trigger finger American cops" is the least unlikely part of that scenario, especially given the faux-melanin content of Marcus' plastic skin

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Indecisive posted:

also the android is black

E: yeop!

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The one constant thing I read about Detroit is that Markus is where David Cage is unleashed for all his bad writing habits.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I can't believe they put in all those goofy Kratos faces. The happy go lucky one and the kissy face in particular, wowee.

The real time reactions to them though were godlike.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
:allears: I'm so glad they used Photo Mode.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Tae posted:

The one constant thing I read about Detroit is that Markus is where David Cage is unleashed for all his bad writing habits.

Connor and Hank get all the genuinely good moments, Kara/Luther/Alice get some good bits too but yeah, Markus is where the bad writing just spews out even if I liked some parts of it.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Yardbomb posted:

Connor and Hank get all the genuinely good moments, Kara/Luther/Alice get some good bits too but yeah, Markus is where the bad writing just spews out even if I liked some parts of it.

Definitely. Connor and hank have the best scene bar none.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

TexMexFoodbaby posted:

Definitely. Connor and hank have the best scene bar none.

Is this the One Actual Good Scene freespace?

Captain Invictus posted:

I can't believe they put in all those goofy Kratos faces. The happy go lucky one and the kissy face in particular, wowee.

The real time reactions to them though were godlike.

OMG i can't believe I forgot to mention this part, I actually hurt myself laughing at the end of that vid thanks to the Photo Mode bit.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
That photo mode bullshit was the best cleanser after the jank that is david cages writing in Detroit: Metal City

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

WampaLord posted:

Is this the One Actual Good Scene freespace?

Connor and Hank buddy cop adventure gets multiple good scenes somehow.

Also Kara's "WE'RE JERRY" scene is nice.

I kind of hate it but David Cahjay made a fairly good game overall.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Yardbomb posted:

I kind of hate it but David Cahjay made a fairly good game overall.

Hahahaha not possible

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

WampaLord posted:

Hahahaha not possible

It took me some time to come to that, but the thing is Cage has never had a problem coming up with a neat initial story, Indigo Prophecy, Heavy Rain, Beyond, it's that he then runs them completely off the rails because nobody stops him when he pulls "The ancient aztec illuminati who are also the internet" out of his rear end. Detroit has a lot of absolutely, mindblowingly hamfisted "DO YOU SEE THE RACISM?" moments, but someone somewhere stopped him before he turned the game into being about ancient mesopotamians being aliens who created race or something equally lunatic this time.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Paige going through Heavy Rains, I forgot how impossibly huge Madison's apartment is. She has a huge bathroom that's linked to a shower the size of an entire platoon army's shower area.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

All I get from Detroit is that David Cage games are bad, awful, terrible etc but Detroit solidly lands in Mediocre so people don't know how to handle it.

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

Detroit is a legitimately good game and y'all need to chill out

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Pat has the look of PTSD from Vietnam as Paige is still trying to accept the info that balls actually get taken out for fixed cats

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

BrownThunder posted:

Absolutely maybe!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Tae posted:

Pat has the look of PTSD from Vietnam as Paige is still trying to accept the info that balls actually get taken out for fixed cats
What? Huh? How did she/they not know this? What did they think happened, that they tied the tubes into a little bowtie and it stopped them from working anymore?

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Captain Invictus posted:

What? Huh? How did she/they not know this? What did they think happened, that they tied the tubes into a little bowtie and it stopped them from working anymore?

I mean, in humans you just snip them, you don't actually take iot the testes, so she probably just assumed the same...

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

https://clips.twitch.tv/PiercingLivelyMageHassanChop

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

See, this is why you can't expect this woman to grasp the nuances of signal boosting. She has trouble understanding that ball go away.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Wait, so where does he store his pee?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

https://twitter.com/megaspel/status/1002014812103102464

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

BrownThunder posted:

its really bad lol.....u will see

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

scary ghost dog posted:

its really bad lol.....u will see

I finished my play through tonight, it was good.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raRvdpiIlmI&hd=1

Watch friendships get destroyed and marriages be broken in this Hot Video.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
Really wish matt would stop getting shitfaced during lps.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Nah

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Dias posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raRvdpiIlmI&hd=1

Watch friendships get destroyed and marriages be broken in this Hot Video.

There is some hilariously staggeringly bad taste in this video, which is great.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Monathin posted:

There is some hilariously staggeringly bad taste in this video, which is great.

Are they all super mad about the Fire Emblem characters using swords

Like, y'know, pretty much every fantasy character

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

RareAcumen posted:

Are they all super mad about the Fire Emblem characters using swords

Like, y'know, pretty much every fantasy character

That plus cutting Zelda for Sheik (:psyduck:) arguing over Corrin/Robin (which leads to Liam being given the call and cutting both), "Pokemon reps should only have Pikachu", somehow conflating Lucario and Mewtwo's movesets, and constant, constant fighting over Ganondorf.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Monathin posted:

That plus cutting Zelda for Sheik (:psyduck:) arguing over Corrin/Robin (which leads to Liam being given the call and cutting both), "Pokemon reps should only have Pikachu", somehow conflating Lucario and Mewtwo's movesets, and constant, constant fighting over Ganondorf.

The concept of 'too many characters' baffles me to begin with. Like, I get not wanting clone characters like Lucina/Marth or Mario/Dr. Mario and Link/Toon Link but otherwise I'm lost.