Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

CCKeane posted:

I'd also point out here that AS actually does not believe this, since she is not voting herself.

i said at the top of that post that i'd happily hammer myself keane, i'm happy voting you right now cause i think you are scum

Tired Moritz posted:

the moral of the story is that you should never claim in d1 because its such a drat hassle.

:saddowns:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Monathin posted:

If y'all are gonna make me do this, fine.

I have flavor in my role PM that reinforces what Atomic Soda is saying about a psuedo Death Miller claim, because I have something similar, though not the same as ASoda's claim.

I'm having a real hard time parsing this, so to clarify; you're saying that your role PM contains reference to AS as a player specifically with a Death Miller claim, or that there is a player in the game who may be a Death Miller? And your role is similar in some way to AS's claimed role?

Also, ##unvote as we appear to be comfortably out of jokephase at this point.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

BottleKnight posted:

Why are you inclined to buy AS's claim? And is your uncertainty of what to do about the claim mostly due to the possibility of a scum redirector?

You essentially answered the first question in your previous post:

BottleKnight posted:

Death millers seem like an absolute distraction (I don't remember if I've ever played in a game with one?) but also AS is a good town player who posts good content. She is 100% not the kind of player who would post such a weird-rear end fakeclaim like this immediately out of the gate. If Taste had posted this claim I would be voting him. But from AS it reads as genuine to me.

I feel very similar to you w/r/t AS's play in general. Regarding uncertainty; yes, I feel like the announced PGO in terms of scum possibly (likely) having a form of redirect is the bigger issue than the Miller piece of the claim.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

IllegallySober posted:

I'm having a real hard time parsing this, so to clarify; you're saying that your role PM contains reference to AS as a player specifically with a Death Miller claim, or that there is a player in the game who may be a Death Miller? And your role is similar in some way to AS's claimed role?

Also, ##unvote as we appear to be comfortably out of jokephase at this point.

My role is similar to AS's claimed role, in that I am going to flip a suspicious alignment on my death, that I cannot confirm is the scum alignment.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Monathin posted:

My role is similar to AS's claimed role, in that I am going to flip a suspicious alignment on my death, that I cannot confirm is the scum alignment.

Is the alignment you are going to flip different or the same as AS claimed?

Atomic Soda posted:

i will flip 'wild-aligned' when i die, there is no confirmation that this is the scum alignment

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Which is why this post

Hal Incandenza posted:

I guess I should just claim. Reverse death-Miller so Ill flip town but know that I was secretly scum

Makes me more suspicious of Hal, in that Hal is being aggressively jokey about throwing shade on ASoda's claim, which of course makes me think there is some peak Alignment Fuckery (TM) going on, and thus flips are going to be harder to trust.

Which of course is what I expect Hal is trying to do by discrediting Soda and their claim in-between calling for their head, hence my vote.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

IllegallySober posted:

Is the alignment you are going to flip different or the same as AS claimed?

It is a different one, though I refuse to elaborate further.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
##Unvote I'm getting rid of my jokephase vote here.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Monathin posted:

Which is why this post

Makes me more suspicious of Hal, in that Hal is being aggressively jokey about throwing shade on ASoda's claim, which of course makes me think there is some peak Alignment Fuckery (TM) going on, and thus flips are going to be harder to trust.

Which of course is what I expect Hal is trying to do by discrediting Soda and their claim in-between calling for their head, hence my vote.

Well I will just flip regular old town so this is all news to me

Also aggressively jokey is like my whole mafia MO

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Monathin posted:

Which is why this post

I’d also like you to show me where I discredit anything. Unless you mean my reverse death Miller joke which was just that, a joke

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Monathin posted:

Can confirm this is true for my role. I am not a death Miller tho

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Soda does your role specifically say you are scum or mafia aligned or whatever or does it just make your alignment ambiguous

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
it makes it ambiguous. i am a death miller in that i am town, will win with town but will not flip town but instead wild-sided. my flavour is crazy lady of the woods. i'm not sure how much i can get into but if i am successfully copped i will cop as town

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Atomic Soda posted:

it makes it ambiguous. i am a death miller in that i am town, will win with town but will not flip town but instead wild-sided. my flavour is crazy lady of the woods. i'm not sure how much i can get into but if i am successfully copped i will cop as town

What's that about being copped, pgo?

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Atomic Soda posted:

why, what appealed to you? i'd be happy for you to respond to my points, but i don't see how that post was fine.

There wasn’t anything specific that appealed to me. I’m just generally wary of d1 megaclaims. Not saying you’re lying though.

If we decide to go through with the as lynch I don’t mind being the one to hammer

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

CCKeane posted:

Yesssssssss

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

CCKeane posted:

:captainpop::captainpop:

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

CCKeane posted:

This is an Eccogame- wouldn't an Eccocop role be feasible for this? I'm not 100% on the mechanic but I didn't think that role qualified as visiting all named parties in the same evening.

That said, I doubt AS was thinking in terms of this if she didn't outright specify that, and so I'm suspicious off this comment as well.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
death miller pgo sounds like a dumb role

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Also FYI I will be around most of the day today but probably not very much of the last two hours before deadline- have a dinner function to attend.

I'm surprised that on D1 we have three players claiming they will flip falsely (AS, Mona, Moat). I can't envision all three of those claims being true.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Sorry, didn't really feel much like being present this weekend.

I still think AS is a Jester or maybe even a bomb. I've been a bomb in an ecco game and used it very dumbly. IF AS is a bomb, she's off to a much better start than I was.

I will say, I was town as a bomb and used my poor judgment to try and kill scum and I think this failed somehow, and I think the person I was going to try and kill was also not scum. It's been a while... I don't remember specifics.

I'll try and get some better reads up, but I don't feel comfortable offing AS just yet.

Felt worse about someone, but I'll do a reread at lunch if time permits, otherwise it'llbe to night.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
merk died in rl and is now unreplacing pinterest mom

hooray!

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

confirming that I am vanilla town

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
:c: The Current Day 1 Votecount :c:

Hal Incandenza (2): SalTheBard, Moatillata, Monathin, -SalTheBard
Atomic Soda (2): CCKeane, Slamburger
SalTheBard (1): Hal Incandenza
Lynch No One! (1): Anomalous Amalgam
CCKeane (1): Atomic Soda
Moatillata (0): Atomic Soda, -Atomic Soda
b-minus1 (0): Monathin, Slamburger, -Slamburger, -Monathin
Dick Bastardly (0): IllegallySober, -IllegallySober

Not Voting (8): b-minus1, BottleKnight, Dick Bastardly, IllegallySober, Jonathan Fisk, Pinterest Mom, SalTheBard, Tired Moritz

:h: With 15 players alive, it takes 8 votes to be executed.
:d: The current deadline is June 04th, 2018 at 11 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 12 hours from this post.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
well, I think AS wants to get d1'd anyway so

##vote AS

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

CCKeane posted:

i'll investigate as town, they'd have to survive to report back but this is obvious. lol that people think this is some kind of gotcha, feeling worse about hal and bminus.

i am really feeling keane for scum, after he mostly ignored my earlier post and focused in on mona.

IllegallySober posted:

I'm surprised that on D1 we have three players claiming they will flip falsely (AS, Mona, Moat). I can't envision all three of those claims being true.

eccogame

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Pinterest Mom posted:

confirming that I am vanilla town

There he is, welcome to the game PMom :3:

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Fair point.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Tired Moritz posted:

well, I think AS wants to get d1'd anyway so

##vote AS

Don't feel great about this vote.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Atomic Soda posted:

i'll investigate as town, they'd have to survive to report back but this is obvious. lol that people think this is some kind of gotcha, feeling worse about hal and bminus.

i am really feeling keane for scum, after he mostly ignored my earlier post and focused in on mona.

eccogame

Okay, so your role specifically says you'd investigate as town? Be specific here.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

IllegallySober posted:

idk about you but i have to sleep and have an early day tomorrow

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
yep, i don't want to quote exact words but i will specifically investigate as town if ppl survive the night. this is not a feasible option for checking my alignment.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Atomic Soda posted:

yep, i don't want to quote exact words but i will specifically investigate as town if ppl survive the night. this is not a feasible option for checking my alignment.

This doesn't seem to align. I would anticipate a not scum result if you were ebeing truthful, since your alignment is, explicitly, not town.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
##vote AS

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

IllegallySober posted:

Agreed. Reads like the classic scum line "oh noes, I guess we have to lunch a town today, so sad :saddowns:"

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
do jesters typically cop town?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Dick Bastardly posted:

Agreed. Reads like the classic scum line "oh noes, I guess we have to lunch a town today, so sad :saddowns:"

does I sound upset in any way

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

CCKeane posted:

This doesn't seem to align. I would anticipate a not scum result if you were ebeing truthful, since your alignment is, explicitly, not town.

no, town. also my alignment is town keane, i just won't flip that way. i've been pretty clear about this so it is interesting you are posting like i've said my alignment isn't town. you're obfuscating.

i'm going to bed in about an hour if ppl want me to hammer myself.

reading keane as scum, bminus and hal i don't feel great about, bk is probably town and i feel good about moat also. sal is giving me coasting vibes. fisk is suspect for this post as well

Jonathan Fisk posted:

I'm not inclined to analyze what's mostly jokesphase on a weekend, but i'll be round later

jokephase was long dead by then and i'm not sad about it, plus we got like 12 hours.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Tired Moritz posted:

does I sound upset in any way

You sound regretful. I think theres still time to scum hunt don't you?

Maf edit: I see your going to bed, but I still have gut feels

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Atomic Soda posted:

no, town. also my alignment is town keane, i just won't flip that way. i've been pretty clear about this so it is interesting you are posting like i've said my alignment isn't town. you're obfuscating.

i'm going to bed in about an hour if ppl want me to hammer myself.

reading keane as scum, bminus and hal i don't feel great about, bk is probably town and i feel good about moat also. sal is giving me coasting vibes. fisk is suspect for this post as well

jokephase was long dead by then and i'm not sad about it, plus we got like 12 hours.

To make sure we're all on the same page here, you are claiming that you are a death Miller pgo, that you a joking with Mona and bk, Mona agrees with your claim, and that your alignment is explicitly town, despite flipping differently, and that you'd cop as town, despite being a phone, and that your role play explictly gives this detail about the mechanics of another role (town result vs. Not town for an investigative role)

Did I miss anything?

• Locked thread