Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

tithin posted:

Is there a way to load mp3s to the Switch and have it play then in rotation on the soundtrack

I have my Switch set up at my desk next to my computer, with both of them connected to HDMI ports on the same monitor. Run a 3.5mm audio cable from the monitor back into the computer's line-in and presto, now I can use the computer to mix the audio so I can listen 80s thrash metal while I play Hyrule Warriors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Spite posted:

Each character actually being unique goes a long, long way for me. Plus there are more enemy types than just "human soldier"

Folt is a staunch defender of Fire Emblem Warriors so expect him to dunk (or attempt to) on HW each chance he gets. Take it with a grain of salt.
(Sorry Folt my dude)

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
Redead Knights are a horrible enemy from a design perspective. The best thing about this game, the thing that makes it fun, is the combination of killing and attacking lots and lots of things all the time and always being on the move. These enemies totally destroy the rhythm of the game in a frustrating way.

Who thought it would be a cool, fun thing to have an enemy who constantly spams AoE attacks that freeze the player and that has an extremely rare and narrow interrupt opportunity.

Edit: bitching aside, for an actual question and possibly thread contribution, is it generally recommended to do one adventure map at a time, sticking with it until you 100% the thing, or should you skip around?

GreatGreen fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Jun 4, 2018

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Folt is a staunch defender of Fire Emblem Warriors so expect him to dunk (or attempt to) on HW each chance he gets. Take it with a grain of salt.
(Sorry Folt my dude)

lmao that he says hw feels rushed and incomplete compared to fire emblem only like 11 movesets and half the dlc characters are clones of regular characters warriors

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

GreatGreen posted:

Edit: bitching aside, for an actual question and possibly thread contribution, is it generally recommended to do one adventure map at a time, sticking with it until you 100% the thing, or should you skip around?

There is so much content in this game that you should probably just go with whichever sounds like more fun. It's easy to get burnt out early on if you're going for every piece of heart, and that means you'll miss out on the cool characters and weapons that are unlocked later on.

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

I GOT FLAT FEET JUST LIKE MY HERO MEGAMAN
Total Clam

GreatGreen posted:

Redead Knights are a horrible enemy from a design perspective. The best thing about this game, the thing that makes it fun, is the combination of killing and attacking lots and lots of things all the time and always being on the move. These enemies totally destroyed the rhythm of the game in a frustrating way.

Who thought it would be a cool, fun thing to have an enemy who constantly spams AoE attacks that freeze the player and that has an extremely rare and narrow interrupt opportunity.

Special attacks trigger through being frozen and clear their WPG in one hit.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

Oyster posted:

Special attacks trigger through being frozen and clear their WPG in one hit.

What do you mean? What special attacks?

Big Nubbins
Jun 1, 2004
:crossarms: The redead freeze attack is telegraphed by a loooooooooooong windup and that should be your ticket to gtfo

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

they're still bad imo

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

There truly is a stupid amount of stuff to do in this game. I feel like I've been playing forever but I've hardly done any of the first adventure map. I think I'll settle for just the major unlocks like characters, costumes and weapons then I'll move on to another map.

Speaking of, I just unlocked Linkle's boots and drat these are a fun weapon. Feels good to unleash her inner Chie.

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

I GOT FLAT FEET JUST LIKE MY HERO MEGAMAN
Total Clam

GreatGreen posted:

What do you mean? What special attacks?

The attacks that use the yellow bar. X in Zelda controls, A in warriors controls.

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

Oyster posted:

The attacks that use the yellow bar. X in Zelda controls, A in warriors controls.

Musou/Special/Warrior attacks depending on who you talk to.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

GreatGreen posted:

Redead Knights are a horrible enemy from a design perspective. The best thing about this game, the thing that makes it fun, is the combination of killing and attacking lots and lots of things all the time and always being on the move. These enemies totally destroyed the rhythm of the game in a frustrating way.

If you play Shiek and keep her water shield up you're immune to their freeze . It's a joy running her in missions with a bunch of them

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

SettingSun posted:

Speaking of, I just unlocked Linkle's boots and drat these are a fun weapon. Feels good to unleash her inner Chie.

That's one of the great things about this game and the characters in it - with a few notable exceptions, pretty much every moveset feels good and fun to play, regardless of overall actual utility/power level. Whether they're relying on sheer brute force, finely honed skill, the need for speed, phenomenal magic power or just being weird as hell, every character absolutely feels like a Grade-A poo poo-wrecker in your hands once you've gotten the hang of them.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
hope the memory leak gets patched out, at least

the nonsense with undocked mode i can live with, but having a bethesda-esque "lol you played too long, game now broke" bug in a musou game is unnecessarily stressful

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Finally got the blasted hammer so I can do the later Adventure Maps without having to deal with needing a full magic bar for the bird. Got two questions through, what is the button prompts for Linkle's combo where she just starts run gunning at enemies for about ten seconds. Feel like it the final combo, but most of the times when I do the prompt she does the fire bolts in a circle animation instead.

Also what the item you need to unlock Toon Zelda, as I want to get just grab her real quick from the Spirit Track map, but don't know which item to go for first.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I know hating Fi is the cool thing to do, she drove me bonkers in Skyward Sword and she's definitely not great here, but I love her design and I love the way her murder ballet feels.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Rirse posted:

Finally got the blasted hammer so I can do the later Adventure Maps without having to deal with needing a full magic bar for the bird. Got two questions through, what is the button prompts for Linkle's combo where she just starts run gunning at enemies for about ten seconds. Feel like it the final combo, but most of the times when I do the prompt she does the fire bolts in a circle animation instead.

Also what the item you need to unlock Toon Zelda, as I want to get just grab her real quick from the Spirit Track map, but don't know which item to go for first.

Cannon for Toon Zelda.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Does the Lorule map have an item to allow any character on any square? I found a square that offers a heart for Ravio but is locked to Agitha only, and I have most of the items so far and none allow anything like that...

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

elf help book posted:

Does the Lorule map have an item to allow any character on any square? I found a square that offers a heart for Ravio but is locked to Agitha only, and I have most of the items so far and none allow anything like that...

When you get a A rank on a character locked map it'll let you replay it with whoever you want.

Least that's how it works on earlier maps

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot

GreatGreen posted:

Definitely skip around. Go for characters first so you can get weapon drops for them. I don't think any of them are particularly rough to get outside of the ones spread over the first map and one or two in the later maps that need you to use the item card mechanics. If you've beat Legend mode you should be gravy.

Also you can get a lot of lv4 and 4+ weapons earlier and easier than their lv3 counterparts so if you hit a progress wall, see if you could work towards a top weapon for a character.

Unless it's one of the really bad characters that are universally only attainable by playing that exact terrible character.

Teratrain fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Jun 4, 2018

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

When you get a A rank on a character locked map it'll let you replay it with whoever you want.

Least that's how it works on earlier maps

Oh! I never noticed that! Thanks.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

Spite posted:

Each character actually being unique goes a long, long way for me. Plus there are more enemy types than just "human soldier"

There's actually a big amount of enemy types in Fire Emblem Warriors though. Myrmidons, Soldiers, Mages, Paladins, Knights, Wyvern Riders... etc. etc.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

(Sorry Folt my dude)

What can I say? I recognize a more polished game when I see one.
(No offense taken. I can handle good natured ribbing.)

Calaveron posted:

lmao that he says hw feels rushed and incomplete compared to fire emblem only like 11 movesets and half the dlc characters are clones of regular characters warriors

And almost all those 19 movesets were expertly made and had a purpose, which is far more than I can say for a good deal of Hyrule Warriors's movesets.

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

This is Canada. It snows nine months of the year, and hails the other three.

Speaking of movesets, am I playing Linkle's Boots wrong, or are they just kinda bad. I mean, like, I even use the Baton and it just seems like the Boots don't have speed, range, or movement. Which is strange considering they're boots.

Also you can't flip down the hood which is a goddamn travesty.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Speaking of grade-A poo poo-wrecking are there any 'easy' level 3/4 weapons I can quickly grab without having to slowly grind through the adventure map? Would just like a bit of a headstart on some chartacters.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Jade Mage posted:

Speaking of movesets, am I playing Linkle's Boots wrong, or are they just kinda bad. I mean, like, I even use the Baton and it just seems like the Boots don't have speed, range, or movement. Which is strange considering they're boots.

Also you can't flip down the hood which is a goddamn travesty.

The Boots are best at killing strong officers if I remember correctly, though I don't think they're a combo weapon. They have some of the most worst crowdclearing in the game though, and is probably the clear second worst Lightning weapon since a good amount of weapons are just more versatile or do what the Boots do better.

Pierson posted:

Speaking of grade-A poo poo-wrecking are there any 'easy' level 3/4 weapons I can quickly grab without having to slowly grind through the adventure map? Would just like a bit of a headstart on some chartacters.

Most people go get Sheik's Lv. 4+ weapon early, then take Cia's Lv. 4+ in Grand Travels since those are pretty early on squares that aren't too difficult. (They then proceed to scour the Grand Travels map for the other Lv. 4+ weapons that lie there since the Golden Train removes character restrictions.)

Folt The Bolt fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Jun 4, 2018

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

Folt The Bolt posted:

The Boots are best at killing strong officers if I remember correctly, though I don't think they're a combo weapon. They have some of the most worst crowdclearing in the game though, and is probably the clear second worst Lightning weapon since a good amount of weapons are just more versatile or do what the Boots do better.

Most people go get Sheik's Lv. 4+ weapon early, then take Cia's Lv. 4+ in Grand Travels since those are pretty early on squares that aren't too difficult. (They then proceed to scour the Grand Travels map for the other Lv. 4+ weapons that lie there since the Golden Train removes character restrictions.)

Be warned though that the grand travels map is no pushover even with a 4+ Sheik or a level 100+ link and master sword.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
How big of a power upgrade is getting those weapons early? Are we talking "steamroll everything else" level or just "makes everything much easier"?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Your Computer posted:

How big of a power upgrade is getting those weapons early? Are we talking "steamroll everything else" level or just "makes everything much easier"?

Closer to the second. It can make a big difference in the maps you can tackle without ripping your hair out.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

I'm sorry to interrupt your little talk to post something I should have posted ages ago, but to all you guys saying Definitive Edition definitely wasn't rushed, I distinclty remember Ganondorf's WW Robes not being this stiff in Legends:

https://twitter.com/Folt99/status/1003704673801342978

There are other examples too, but this is just the most ridiculous one. :allears: (And thus is the most appropriate one for a dying comedy forum.)

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Is it just me, or is Link's 4+ fire rod hiding in the locked centre area of Grand Travels? I think the 4+ Spinner is SW Lorule, 4+ Great Fairy is SE Lorule (Don't try that mission with a rank 1) and the 4+ Hylian Sword is central North Lorule. I think the 4+ Gauntlets were on Kohlint? I got them with a 5 star rank 1 gauntlet at level 100ish.

Folt The Bolt posted:

(They then proceed to scour the Grand Travels map for the other Lv. 4+ weapons that lie there since the Golden Train removes character restrictions.)

:eyepop: Been working on this map but totally missed that. I assume Golden Trains can't be purchased from the shop though?

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Folt The Bolt posted:

Is there some weird gimmick to Grand Travels that makes some weapons invisible? I've taken a look at every weapon icon level but I can't see either Shiek or Cia's L4's.

Edit: Found Shiek's, it was in Termina, my bad.

Pierson fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Jun 4, 2018

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Oxyclean posted:

Is it just me, or is Link's 4+ fire rod hiding in the locked centre area of Grand Travels? I think the 4+ Spinner is SW Lorule, 4+ Great Fairy is SE Lorule (Don't try that mission with a rank 1) and the 4+ Hylian Sword is central North Lorule. I think the 4+ Gauntlets were on Kohlint? I got them with a 5 star rank 1 gauntlet at level 100ish.

:eyepop: Been working on this map but totally missed that. I assume Golden Trains can't be purchased from the shop though?

Yep. It's there, along with the 4+ Baton and Trident.

And yes, can't be purchased from the shop, which makes it one of the item cards to use on squares with the stones that give you a duplicate of the item card.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Is it better to just find characters you like and level them up or should I kind of do a spread of leveling people up equally?

I did a few adventure maps which were fun but it looks like I should do some legends maps.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I'd get to basic competence with at least one weapon each character has, and then level up your favorites. It's not tooooooooooo expensive to level someone up if you absolutely need to solo a mission as a character, and very rarely will you need to solo a mission with a specific weapon for a character.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I have Link at ~lv45 and everyone else between 20-40 should I do hard Legend mode to get the second skulltulas? I really only have the lv2 weapons unlocked through the story though maybe I should wait until I have more of those.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

BIG BUFF MAN posted:

I have Link at ~lv45 and everyone else between 20-40 should I do hard Legend mode to get the second skulltulas? I really only have the lv2 weapons unlocked through the story though maybe I should wait until I have more of those.

Hard is pretty east tbh. I played Legends on hard from the beginning and it was still cake overall.

Extreme or whatever is the one you want to avoid.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

BIG BUFF MAN posted:

Only if you really want to chase the skulltulas. I think at some point you'll want them for apothecary upgrades, but there's also tons in adventure mode, and repeating legend mode so soon might be boring even if its manageable.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Whew, had a wild ride recently. My tier list document got spammed with child porn due to a group of people abusing the commenting feature, so I have now made it view only and "rejected" all their suggestions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

How do those stones on the grand travels map work anyway? I couldn't figure them out. I thought beating a map with one on it would work but no.