Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

SeANMcBAY posted:

I don’t think they could resist not having Boba Fett fight an exiled Jedi considering what happened to his dad.

He was just a simple man, trying to make his way in the universe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
A Boba Fett movie would probably have him hunting for a Jedi who escaped Order 66, then at the climax he goes, "What makes you think you're the first Jedi I've killed?" and pulls out his own lightsaber and starts lightsaber fighting him.

Boba Fett is: the Dread Pirate Boberts.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Any Boba movie is gonna be soured once you realize he loses to a blind guy with a stick later in life

Twice

Barudak
May 7, 2007

A haunting, academy award winning motion picture about the life of a guy who has to paint the star destroyers

Sefiros
Mar 16, 2006

go radish go

Barudak posted:

A haunting, academy award winning motion picture about the life of a guy who has to paint the star destroyers

Red Dwarf

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

Barudak posted:

Boba Fett could go without. As would my as of yet unoptioned podracing film Redline 70000

Redline but Star Wars would be amazing.

I quite enjoyed the film, though Han's actor was pretty much overshadowed by everyone else. Music was great and pretty noticeable with some of the neat takes they did. I also liked the choral theme.

Also did Lando actually gently caress a droid or what

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Schneider Heim posted:

Redline but Star Wars would be amazing.

I quite enjoyed the film, though Han's actor was pretty much overshadowed by everyone else. Music was great and pretty noticeable with some of the neat takes they did. I also liked the choral theme.

Also did Lando actually gently caress a droid or what

Unless L3 was lying about keeping it professional, Lando did not gently caress a droid. At least not that droid.

Han definitely had the biggest shoes to fill, everyone else could just be their character while he was trying to fill Ford's big shoes.

Erotic Wakes
May 19, 2018

by Lowtax
We'll have a Star Wars movie without lightsabers at the same time we have a James Bond movie without espionage.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Erotic Wakes posted:

We'll have a Star Wars movie without lightsabers at the same time we have a James Bond movie without espionage.

But thats basically every bond film except From Russia with Love

Wank
Apr 26, 2008
^^^ right answer.

How can Lando be a pansexual when he completely rejected Threepio's advances in ESB?

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

Wank posted:

^^^ right answer.

How can Lando be a pansexual when he completely rejected Threepio's advances in ESB?

Pansexual just means robots can give you a boner, not that every robot will give you a boner without fail.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Bossk is a playable character in Battlefront 2 so clearly a movie is inevitable.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

BigglesSWE posted:

Bossk is a playable character in Battlefront 2 so clearly a movie is inevitable.

Don't he and Boba Fett have a rivalry of some sort?

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008
The most interesting suggestion I heard about a Boba Fett movie was to actually have other characters be the protagonists, but they're being hunted by Fett. So you have this Terminator/Predator-esque chase movie instead of actually giving him character and robbing the mystique.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Szmitten posted:

The most interesting suggestion I heard about a Boba Fett movie was to actually have other characters be the protagonists, but they're being hunted by Fett. So you have this Terminator/Predator-esque chase movie instead of actually giving him character and robbing the mystique.

Boba Fett is an irredeemable gently caress up who died like a bitch to a blind man

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
It should be about Bubba Fett who's a borderline-incompetent space redneck who developed his feared marksmanship skills by shooting empty cans off a fence and goes, "Aw, shucks," when he accidentally disintegrates someone.

Wheat Loaf fucked around with this message at 13:49 on Jun 5, 2018

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Szmitten posted:

Come on, like they'd make a movie about Fett with any nuance.

tino
Jun 4, 2018

by Smythe
Jango Fett loved All-you-can-eat Shrimp buffet he names his son after Bubba.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Szmitten posted:

Remaking either of those films verbatim with a Star Wars coat of paint would be better than probably anything they can come up with.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Just take classics from the 40s and 50s and make them in Star Wars. Give me on the waterfront about a droid, thr maltese falcon about a holocron, buck rodgers about han solo.

ALLAN LASSUS
May 11, 2007

apul.prof./ass.prof.
Citizen Kane about Jar-Jar post-TPM

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Wheat Loaf posted:

It should be about Bubba Fett who's a borderline-incompetent space redneck who developed his feared marksmanship skills by shooting empty cans off a fence and goes, "Aw, shucks," when he accidentally disintegrates someone.

Boba Fett is in fact a terrible Bounty Hunter, but every time he goes out, he stumbles across another hunter who died on the way back with his bounty, so he takes credit for it

It's why he likes to work alone and he got his disintegration reputation because he did that to stop the first few living bounties from ratting him out

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Boba Fett does suck at this job: he doesn't do any bounty hunting in ESB/ROTJ, instead he follows the Falcon and tells the Empire where they'll be and let's the Empire capture Solo for him.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
In his film, Boba Fett should be an aging bail bondsman who gets involved with a Corellian transport ship employee in a complex scheme to escape from a life of crime and steal 1 million credits from a Hutt

Also Michael Keaton is there

ALLAN LASSUS
May 11, 2007

apul.prof./ass.prof.
The big reveal will be that Boba really let himself go after his dad got decapitated and an Imperial officer wrote his name on his id as ”Boba Fat” and that made him turn to a life of scoundrelry

tino
Jun 4, 2018

by Smythe
I would like a Midnight Run reboot of Boba Fett.

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

pretty much any gimmick scenario is about 1000x more likely than them actually taking a leap on essentially writing a new character to fill Boba Fett’s shoes so at least one of you will get your wish

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.
make new poo poo disney, not character movies. Just hire some rando with a script or even take a sci fi script and make it star wars idgaf

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Ill admit Im a purist and believe the film never needed to be remade but gently caress it slap some Star Wars on Casablanca

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Turn the Lego games into actual movies

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Jerk McJerkface posted:

Come on, like they'd make a movie about Fett with any nuance.

I mean, Logan was pretty good.

Henker
May 5, 2009

kidkissinger posted:

Don't he and Boba Fett have a rivalry of some sort?

From what I remember of the EU, Bossk is a huge rear end in a top hat who has a rivalry with everyone. His entire space lizard species is a bunch of dicks.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Vinylshadow posted:

Turn the Lego games into actual movies

They did that with the cutscenes from LEGO Batman and I think Marvel Superheroes.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Henker posted:

From what I remember of the EU, Bossk is a huge rear end in a top hat who has a rivalry with everyone. His entire space lizard species is a bunch of dicks.

His thing was that he was really violent and everyone was scared of him but he was actually a colossal idiot who was outsmarted by everyone he tried to go up against.

Doronin
Nov 22, 2002

Don't be scared

Henker posted:

I never could explain why, but the fact that Bossk's entire race are a bunch of hillbilly space lizards was one of my favorite stories in Clone Wars.

And I totally forgot that Chewbacca appears in that story, so he's been in and out of captivity a lot.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
You it just donned on me. Solo should have never had Han Solo actually in it. It should be characters sitting around a cantina telling short stories about Solo, but you only ever see him from the back, in a shilouette.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Cantina Tales: A Star Wars Short Story

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Taintrunner posted:

You it just donned on me. Solo should have never had Han Solo actually in it. It should be characters sitting around a cantina telling short stories about Solo, but you only ever see him from the back, in a shilouette.

That would have been cleverer but it's the sort of thing (like David Fincher's "droid revolution" idea) that would probably infuriate Star Wars fans more than anything that was in The Last Jedi. :shrug:

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Taintrunner posted:

This would have been great, you could also have characters fighting over details so that the same stories have multiple takes but more outlandish poo poo happening in them every time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Han Solo is a son of a bitch!