Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

But it's by the by for the moment

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?
Let's get rid of the jokevote.

##unvote

Just got home, will reread thread in a moment. I skimmed over it earlier and idk, the Bif lynch seems kind of lazy? Not really the biggest fan of it.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

we dont really need to worry about atomic soda or sniper (both are great people and players btw) because the game will be over when we kill bif,

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
hi yami

Anidav posted:

The question is if you think Bifauxnen is lurking due to irl or in game mechanics

maybe she got a lurker pr, that would be funny

maybe she don't like us

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Atomic Soda posted:

hi yami

maybe she got a lurker pr, that would be funny

maybe she don't like us

Hi Atomic. Just noticed your greeting while I was reading up on people lol.

Are you a death cult and will win day one again?

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
no, i will not explode messily this game, i hope

u?

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

jus wanna say that its awfully suspicious that we went all night time without bif poisting, you'd thing she post then given that austrialians are NOCTURNAL

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
i just heard a cat get the poo poo beaten out of it by the possum next door and that fucker only comes out at night, so she's got a few hours yet i reckon

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

I promise not to explode n1 either.

Jokes aside I reread the thread and right now I'm a bit suspicious of the following people (in no particular order)

- Anidav -

Out of all the people having voted for or wanting to lynch Bif, his content just seems... off to me? It seemed to be designed to be somewhere inbetween a joke vote and a serious vote, so they can use the reasoning to slip in/out of a vote.

- GeneX -

Literally has nothing going on except a jokevote for bif that turned into a "serious" vote?

- sniper4625 -

Aggressively lurking, and defensive about it? I really don't like his content, or lack there of.

sniper4625 posted:

Speaking for myself it seemed that most of the posting today was based on preexisting history and/or, which I did not really have anything to contribute to. I'll probably have more to say after D1.

This is stalling, in my opinion. There's already a decent amount of content around, and sniper seems to be willfully ignoring it. There's literally nothing to analyze, not even joke posts, and he's more of a lurker than the one the game is based on.

----

Out of those three, sniper sticks out to me the hardest. I would really like to hear more, or really, anything, from them.

##vote sniper4625

Give us some content, please.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
Ok as soon as I get home I will give the thread a complete reread and deliver some a-grade content.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

to be fair, hes ina weird injoke game with a bunch of australians i

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
While I go back through the posts I might as well say I too am Town. An immediate target of suspicion imo is the relationship between Bif and Lando - Lando says they're unconfirmed masons, but Bif apparently considers that a lie to the point of immediately flipping their vote to Lando.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
The impenetrable barrier of references callbacks and chillpostin makes an effective analysis hard, so I guess I personally would like to hear from Lando re: the above?

Otherwise as a newbie I'll freely admit I lack the discernment to draw any further immediate conclusions, but I'll sure keep reading!

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

honestly, great shame upon whoever it was (too lazy toscroll up ) that made sniper make these reads as a ew player in one of the more inaccessible games you'll see as if its a real thing you should do as a player here right now

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

"hmm guess ill just wade through this waist deep pond of insincere posting and reminiscing to look for something to make genuine reads on" great job folks, you made a guy say this instead of reading the title of the thread and putting the vote in for bif

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

i mean like, its ok, i know that you didn't actually expect to get something good from it, you just wanted to see how the reactions would be to generate the discussion and everything and its in fact me who is acting shameful but shutting down potential discussion but look, its bif ok

the idea of accusing somebody of lurking one irl into a game where all the posting looks like this is pretty laughable anyway

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

unless of course the person you're accusing of lurking is bif obviously

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

I'll apologize on behalf of him being a newbie. I did not realize he was a newbie. Having only played 4 games myself, I kind of expect people to be more experienced than me by default.

However, I'm not going to apologize for prodding someone with zero content posts. That's an incredibly scummy kind of lurking, imo.

##unvote

Not going to advocate lynching a newbie day one.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

maybe treat him with respect first yugi boy

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

ive changed my mind its actually way worse to be like "I'm going to stay 40 feet away from this dude because he's new" and not voting bif also, the bif part didn't have any relevance to the rest of the post but I'm just saying we gotta vote bif

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

ive changed my mind its actually way worse to be like "I'm going to stay 40 feet away from this dude because he's new" and not voting bif also, the bif part didn't have any relevance to the rest of the post but I'm just saying we gotta vote bif

Do you have a posting restriction requiring you to somehow include lynching Bif in every post?

Just curious.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Yami Fenrir posted:

Do you have a posting restriction requiring you to somehow include lynching Bif in every post?

Just curious.

no im just like this

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

Yami Fenrir posted:

I'll apologize on behalf of him being a newbie. I did not realize he was a newbie. Having only played 4 games myself, I kind of expect people to be more experienced than me by default.

However, I'm not going to apologize for prodding someone with zero content posts. That's an incredibly scummy kind of lurking, imo.

##unvote

Not going to advocate lynching a newbie day one.

Yeah no I get where you were coming from, so no hard feelings. Also ty mmm for your incredibly accurate and concise posts about how good I am.

But yeah I'd like to hear more from ol Lando about the discrepancies in his story.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

I'm kind of shocked that Beet has managed to get up to 45 posts already.

Beetphyxious posted:

not relevant really, post count padding?

hmmmm *puffs on bubble pipe*

:ironicat:

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

Yami Fenrir posted:

Mate he's just getting started. He's like a town lawyer.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

beet's posts would be better if they were more sincere

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Anidav posted:

Mate he's just getting started. He's like a town lawyer.

steady on mate

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Yami Fenrir posted:

you ain't seen nothing yet

:parrot:

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

beet's posts would be better if they were more sincere

says the guy with the laser like focus on bif

Lando131
Jul 27, 2006

This is one way to find scum...

sniper4625 posted:

The impenetrable barrier of references callbacks and chillpostin makes an effective analysis hard, so I guess I personally would like to hear from Lando re: the above?

Otherwise as a newbie I'll freely admit I lack the discernment to draw any further immediate conclusions, but I'll sure keep reading!

It was a joke so yes it was a factually untrue statement. The joke was based around how Bif has been in many unconfirmed masonries with the admin of this game that ended with town losing a lot.

I would laugh if Bif was actually in a 'masonry' with Nat 20 this game. I'm going to work now bye.

Lando131
Jul 27, 2006

This is one way to find scum...
Mafia Edit: Also I was hoping to get a rise out of Sal but now that can't happen unless he responds before reading the whole thread. :(

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

like it's day one, you really shouldnt be caring about who gets lynched that hard

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

I also like how call outs get quick responses.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
I want to lynch the mod for asking me to stay in after I learned it wasn’t a gimmick game

Anyway I think Sniper is scum but he’s new so I won’t vote him

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

oh I thought of something on the shitter earlier

Occam's razor says bif has a post restriction, and I'm all for punishing lurkers, but I'd rather focus on those that are lurking and don't have a pr.

What's there excuse?

Oh boo hoo the in jokes make it impenetrable

hasn't stopped me.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Ignore in jokes and vote imo.

There's no reason to lurk when we needs votes to win.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

GeneX posted:

I want to lynch the mod for asking me to stay in after I learned it wasn’t a gimmick game

Anyway I think Sniper is scum but he’s new so I won’t vote him

Well I know I am not scum, and if you were scum than I find it unlikely you'd be trying to sacrifice me day 1, or would you.

If we don't get anywhere in a bit I'll probably hop on the bandwagon but not quite yet.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

day 1 bus is a good strat imo. tops townie credit points.

but we are getting academic.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

No no come on no need to lunch too fast here people, Bif's gotta make some good reads before deadline, right,

r

right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

What if this game is designed as a way for myself - No, all of us to realise how much we need Bifauxnen in our daily lives.

• Locked thread