Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...

cops can't seize so one of your, uh, ladyfriends takes the bling to a pawnbroker to make bail

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

14 cardio options and no weightlifting?? C'mon timb

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
I'm the dedicated ocean swimming and pool swimming workouts.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

stymie was right about the fat powerlifter goons lol

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

there's a lot of broke people with fancy clothes and cars because that's where all of their money goes

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

The_Franz posted:

there's a lot of broke people with fancy clothes and cars because that's where all of their money goes

its true. 99.44% of "poor" people own a refrigerator

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
ah, so this is the new hn thread

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

The_Franz posted:

boiler room is an underrated movie

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

The_Franz posted:

it's true. most upper-middle class white folks are hideously in debt and only a paycheck away from starvation

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
cross they didn’t say anything about making iCloud end to end encrypted fully. come on timb, you wanna be a privacy advocate, this would be it

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

carry on then posted:

stymie was right

highly unlikey

Granite Octopus
Jun 24, 2008

timb had the courage to add favicons to safari tabs. this is all I need to know

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

The_Franz posted:

mm. got it

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
at the grocery store buying steaks with my food stamps right now

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

graph posted:

mm. got it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9iCd6UHR-3I

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Granite Octopus posted:

timb had the courage to add favicons to safari tabs. this is all I need to know

visionary

pram
Jun 10, 2001
the worlds most advanced web browser

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
what is the bottom right wheelchair supposed to be doing

i mean after you have the wheelchair racing guy what else is there

they have walking and running twice each and i can't tell what triangle legs is supposed to be either

that entire graphic is just a lazy mess

Twinty Zuleps fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Jun 5, 2018

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Wulfolme posted:

what is the bottom right wheelchair supposed to be doing

i mean after you have the wheelchair racing guy what else is there

they have walking and running twice each and i can't tell what triangle legs is supposed to be either

that entire graphic is just a lazy mess

i think there are two different ways to work a wheelchair that use your arms different ways

and there are categories for both indoor and outdoor stuff (indoor ones don't run the GPS?)

Happy_Misanthrope
Aug 3, 2007

"I wanted to kill you, go to your funeral, and anyone who showed up to mourn you, I wanted to kill them too."
:stare:

quote:

Deprecations and Removed APIs

Periodically, Apple adds deprecation macros to APIs to indicate that those APIs should no longer be used in active development. When a deprecation occurs, it’s not an immediate end of life for the specified API. Instead, it is the beginning of a grace period for transitioning from that API and to newer and more modern replacements. Deprecated APIs typically remain present and usable in the system for a reasonable time past the release in which they were deprecated. However, active development on them ceases, and the APIs receive only minor changes to accommodate security patches or to fix other critical bugs. Deprecated APIs may be removed entirely from a future version of the operating system.

quote:

Deprecation of OpenGL and OpenCL

Apps built using OpenGL and OpenCL will continue to run in macOS 10.14, but these legacy technologies are deprecated in macOS 10.14. Games and graphics-intensive apps that use OpenGL should now adopt Metal. Similarly, apps that use OpenCL for computational tasks should now adopt Metal and Metal Performance Shaders.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
yes, opengl is trash and for idiots and it's been effectively deprecated for 5 years.

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe

Yes, and...?

Somebody already brought this up. It’s like being surprised that Xcode 10 drops support for targeting 32-bit Mac apps when macOS has been 64-bit for years and Apple hasn’t shipped a 32-bit Mac in over a decade.

Seriously, as soon as Metal was available on Mac, the writing was on the wall for OpenGL. Apple didn’t even update OpenGL for High Sierra.

Anybody at all surprised by this hasn’t been paying attention.

edit: And, API-wise, OpenGL is a big mess that doesn't reflect how modern GPUs work.

Doc Block fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Jun 5, 2018

Happy_Misanthrope
Aug 3, 2007

"I wanted to kill you, go to your funeral, and anyone who showed up to mourn you, I wanted to kill them too."
It's not entirely shocking, but a little surprised that the door on Vulkan looks to be permanently shut. I know OpenGL has sucked rear end on Macs for ages though. I haven't kept up on Metal's penetration on OSX (obviously) though, is it already widely used, especially where OpenCL was?

Edit: Eh I see Adobe is committed to Metal support in all its apps (eventually), looks to be far more widespread than I thought. Ok nevermind I'm dumb

Happy_Misanthrope fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Jun 5, 2018

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe
Why would they do Vulkan when they already have Metal? I mean, if you really need Vulkan on Macs there's always MoltenVK

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

qirex posted:

lol at the idea of someone with only 30 grand in their 401k

:qq:

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

For some reason my 2018 macbook pro can connect to the hotel Wi-Fi but can't access the Internet , unlike my androidwhich just worked. I tried the diagnostics thing and it asked me to restart my router and any connected devices then gave up.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
is it one of those things where you need to "log in"

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

echinopsis posted:

is it one of those things where you need to "log in"

No, I just connected on my phone. I think there is something wrong with the dhcp lease as the iPhone address I see on the tcp/ip page starts with 169.254. And apparently that's bad

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

it's probably protecting you from yourself and also the hotel wifi which infects everything it touches

or it's bad

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Boiled Water posted:

it's probably protecting you from yourself and also the hotel wifi which infects everything it touches

or it's bad

I can't do any work now so I'm just gonna take an extra half days holiday, maybe it did now what's best for me!

Maximum Leader
Dec 5, 2014
sometimes the dhcp server is misconfigured to use a small ip pool (or just too many clients for the subnet) which means new devices can't connect until an address is released

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
lol if you don’t have unlimited data

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Hed posted:

im the bottom row 2nd from the right jerking off on the floor with my back against the wall workout

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

i'll be Swimming In The Presence Of Birds workout

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

Hed posted:

i'm the well-known exersize option "wheelchair"

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

lol "what's that guy in the icon doing???" - yospos, unable to recognize exercise

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

"using a wheelchair is not exercise!"!lmao

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

i've always seen wheelchairs as a way of life but you've opened my eyes

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Boiled Water posted:

when you're in a wheelchair it's still good to exercise

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Boiled Water posted:

"when you're in a wheelchair, you can sit all day and not exercise. the ideal life!" - yospos