Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

EccoRaven posted:

BottleKnight has requested a replacement.

Welp.

##unvote

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

:c: The Current Day 1 Votecount :c:

Atomic Soda (3): CCKeane, Slamburger, Tired Moritz, b-minus1, -b-minus1, Anomalous Amalgam, -CCKeane
CCKeane (3): Atomic Soda, Moatillata, IllegallySober
BottleKnight (2): CCKeane, Monathin
SalTheBard (1): Hal Incandenza
Moatillata (0): Atomic Soda, -Atomic Soda
b-minus1 (0): Monathin, Slamburger, -Slamburger, -Monathin
Hal Incandenza (0): SalTheBard, Moatillata, Monathin, -SalTheBard, -Moatillata, -Monathin
Dick Bastardly (0): IllegallySober, -IllegallySober
Lynch No One! (0): Anomalous Amalgam, -Anomalous Amalgam

Not Voting (6): b-minus1, BottleKnight, Dick Bastardly, Jonathan Fisk, Pinterest Mom, SalTheBard

:h: With 15 players alive, it takes 8 votes to be executed.
:d: The current deadline is June 04th, 2018 at 11 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 2 hours, 20 minutes from this post.

:D

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

b-minus1 posted:

what's with these seemingly random votes for players? we should lynch as

She's not a bad safety valve, but I'm cooling on her significantly, especially with Mona being more forthcoming.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

i'll vote a good case to avoid NL

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Jonathan Fisk posted:

i'll vote a good case to avoid NL

i thought you replaced out

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
##vote atomic soda

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
BottleKnight is replaced by Podima!

hooray

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
:c: The Current Day 1 Votecount :c:

Atomic Soda (4): CCKeane, Slamburger, Tired Moritz, b-minus1, -b-minus1, Anomalous Amalgam, -CCKeane, b-minus1
CCKeane (3): Atomic Soda, Moatillata, IllegallySober
SalTheBard (1): Hal Incandenza
Moatillata (0): Atomic Soda, -Atomic Soda
b-minus1 (0): Monathin, Slamburger, -Slamburger, -Monathin
Hal Incandenza (0): SalTheBard, Moatillata, Monathin, -SalTheBard, -Moatillata, -Monathin
Dick Bastardly (0): IllegallySober, -IllegallySober
Lynch No One! (0): Anomalous Amalgam, -Anomalous Amalgam

Not Voting (7): CCKeane, Dick Bastardly, Jonathan Fisk, Monathin, Pinterest Mom, Podima, SalTheBard

:h: With 15 players alive, it takes 8 votes to be executed.
:d: The current deadline is June 04th, 2018 at 11 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 2 hours from this post.

The deadline is not floating!

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Hmmm

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I still think how aggressive Hal went in on AS was way too harsh for what was going on, personally, and god a bad vibe from their OMGUS on me when I pointed this out.

I would gladly dunk Fisk over AS were it not for them being replaced out.

I'm looking a bit closer at Sober's vote on Keane and I don't like it, not one bit.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
##vote podima

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Monathin posted:

I still think how aggressive Hal went in on AS was way too harsh for what was going on, personally, and god a bad vibe from their OMGUS on me when I pointed this out.

I would gladly dunk Fisk over AS were it not for them being replaced out.

I'm looking a bit closer at Sober's vote on Keane and I don't like it, not one bit.

I don't think I feel Hal.

Don't feel strongly either way on Fisk.

I mean Sober is voting the towniest player in the game so obvs something is going on there.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I'm curious as to this reasoning, AA.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Confirming I'm in this game. I was reading along as usual but am doing a "hey actually a player now" reread.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Atomic Soda posted:

moat if we are both town my happiness will be complete but now i've sobered up somewhat you should probably kill me today.

the best and greatest rule with mafia is play to win and i am town but boy howdy i'm also a paranoid gun owner death miller (not sure if my flip is the scum alignment tho)

i am not a good enough player to make this work in towns favour and i don't want cops/docs dying to a misplaced hail of bullets. claiming is a problem also cause if scum have a redirector they just gunna feed townies into my fire, but i think its better than sitting on this info.

please kill me painlessly, and win as town for my sacrifice

if you let me live (don't) i'm pretty sure ecco said that bk and monathin were immune to my paranoia and should visit anytime!

Emphasis mine. I'd vote AS right now for this mismatch between what I recall her saying later that Keane jumped on, but at the same time I'm struggling with something that I'm uncertain anyone has answered thus far: Why does a scum ASoda make this play right out of the gate, unprompted?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Tremendous Taste is replaced by Meinberg!

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Podima posted:

Emphasis mine. I'd vote AS right now for this mismatch between what I recall her saying later that Keane jumped on, but at the same time I'm struggling with something that I'm uncertain anyone has answered thus far: Why does a scum ASoda make this play right out of the gate, unprompted?

Mafia edit: By which I mean her talking about being copped.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Podima posted:

I assumed there was a tip off between that post and tagging Mona and BK.

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

I've been thinking more and I've reversed my position on AS upon further consideration of Monathin's claim, and a closer reading of the flavor text in my PM (I usually just gloss over flavor -- sorry Ecco). The flavor implies all this confusion and distrust amongst the factions, so I believe there are a lot more of these "death millers" -- which is inaccurate -- more like ambiguous alignment flips. I think AS made a mistake by full claiming and kind of screwed herself, but at this point I'm inclined to believe she is truly a town PGO and worth keeping around.

##unvote

Don't know who to vote for now since I was kind of hitching my wagon to that and waiting for Day 2, and none of the other cases seem great. Hurray Day 1! Also I may not be around for deadline, so I'll just be super helpful today.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

CCKeane posted:

I assumed there was a tip off between that post and tagging Mona and BK.

I appreciate that you actually thought this through as part of your push on AS, cheers as that makes me feel better about you. That's a valid point. As the far more attractive successor of BK I can confirm that I have no connection to AS!

That point aside which I hadn't actually thought about, my initial thoughts on AS' claim are that it seems to come from a genuine place - PGO can be just as much of a liability for town as an asset, and frankly it's a role I'd hate to be given. I don't blame her for just claiming right out of the gate.

On the topic of flavor my own flavor implies a lot of ambiguity over alignments as well, so n'thing that assessment.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Christ this av is terrible.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Im not gonna move my AS vote.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Also clarifying, I'm coming around on ASoda as I continue my reread, despite the cop thing I pointed out initially. Given what I've seen of her play, she's good but not super duper detail oriented so I can totally see her losing the thread on the cop thing between posts. The fact that she's cited the wiki a bunch means she put actual thought into the role's utility.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Dick Bastardly posted:

Why would Ecco straight up just tell a scum AS that BK and Mona are PRs?

DickB is PR hunting here, if this is his first thought upon reading AS' mention of BK/Mona. Not good.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Dick Bastardly posted:

On that same line of thinking, AS probably lied about knowing BK and Mona are PRs.....?

So I guess either way it looks bad for AS. I dunno.

I should have quoted this with the previous post, so consider it a mafia edit I suppose. He feels self-conscious need to clarify himself and back away from pointing at the people he just called out as having PRs.

##vote Dick Bastardly

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Podima posted:

I appreciate that you actually thought this through as part of your push on AS, cheers as that makes me feel better about you. That's a valid point. As the far more attractive successor of BK I can confirm that I have no connection to AS!

That point aside which I hadn't actually thought about, my initial thoughts on AS' claim are that it seems to come from a genuine place - PGO can be just as much of a liability for town as an asset, and frankly it's a role I'd hate to be given. I don't blame her for just claiming right out of the gate.

On the topic of flavor my own flavor implies a lot of ambiguity over alignments as well, so n'thing that assessment.

*larry david stare to Podima* Okay. Alright. Fine.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Pod, how are you reading the thread?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Podima posted:

DickB is PR hunting here, if this is his first thought upon reading AS' mention of BK/Mona. Not good.

I ask that because I brought up PRs before Dick.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

CCKeane posted:

So here's why I'm suspicious, here.

Atomic Soda just made a death miller, PGO claim, right? So claiming death miller is fine and all, but then AS makes the PGO claim, which eliminates most potential benefits of the position (while also eliminating some negatives - a bus driver makes AS another night kill possibility)

But why mention BK and Mona like this? Because AS just outted BK and Mona if they are power roles. For no reason.

So I suspect there's some back end treachery going on here, and I don't know even to figure out the exact details, but something stinks a bit.

Dick makes his post a handful of posts later, in direct reference to, presumably, my post here.

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

My further setup speculation thoughts are that if there are more ambiguous flips, thats very anti-town and (one would hope) would be balanced by more investigative roles. The fact that a PGO claimed is actually really good in light of this possibility and could end up being very pro-town.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Tired Moritz posted:

AS might be scum goon trying to pull a gambit

What possible gambit would a scum goon have to make this claim? I want to hear you explain your train of thought to its conclusion here.

Jonathan Fisk posted:

I'm not inclined to analyze what's mostly jokesphase on a weekend, but i'll be round later

I would vote Meinberg for this, the thread was very clearly beyond jokephase and this is a blatant attempt to fake activity while not actually engaging with the content present in thread.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

CCKeane posted:

Pod, how are you reading the thread?

From the start on, and checking current posts every time I make a post because I'm incredibly egotistical and like seeing yellow.

This is where I'm at: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3857599&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=6#post484700921

Also sipping a whiskey sour.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Podima posted:

What possible gambit would a scum goon have to make this claim? I want to hear you explain your train of thought to its conclusion here.

without knowing all of the roles, it's impossible to know why scum would do anything.

which is why we should lynch a claimed pgo.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
Hello I’m here now. I did a read through, but I probably need another look at some stuff.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

CCKeane posted:

But why mention BK and Mona like this? Because AS just outted BK and Mona if they are power roles. For no reason.

Hm I did skip this though, thank you. I glazed over it a bit because the rest of your post is thoughtfully analyzing the claim (and again it jibes with what you just said, though I missed it), whereas DickB's post only focuses on that. In that context though it's certainly not as significant as I thought it was.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Meinberg posted:

Hello I’m here now. I did a read through, but I probably need another look at some stuff.

Initial thoughts please!

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)

CCKeane posted:

And, to be clear:

You are town aligned, but will flip as council-aligned on death?

Like this isn't a "Council aligned equals town aligned" type deal?

There’s something to this post that fires off some warning signals to me. Like Keane is trying to flavor fish or something? I don’t know, it’s weird.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Meinberg posted:

There’s something to this post that fires off some warning signals to me. Like Keane is trying to flavor fish or something? I don’t know, it’s weird.

Yes, I'm explicitly flavor fishing.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Dick Bastardly posted:

I agree Keane pushing the whole power role outing thing is weird af.

The way I see it, if lynching AS is the expected outcome of the claim, then why try to shade AS at all?

It's odd, and I don't like it. I think Keane is worthy of intense scrutiny moving forward.

This also doesn't sit well with me, in the context of Keane having posted about PRs first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Meinberg posted:

warning signals? sounds like keane is just asking mona to clarify his alignment. i dont see anything wrong with that

• Locked thread