Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Anidav posted:

What if this game is designed as a way for myself - No, all of us to realise how much we need Bifauxnen in our daily lives.

thats wrong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
there's been 0 moments in my life where i say to myself, "man i wish i read a bif post today"

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

GeneX posted:

I want to lynch the mod for asking me to stay in after I learned it wasn’t a gimmick game

Anyway I think Sniper is scum but he’s new so I won’t vote him

double what.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

The post count would be triple if bif was able to post

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
the actual gimmick is that we have to vote out all the active posters until its only lurkers

like how mafia was meant to be played

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

I'm dtv any of the below right now

Genex
Sniper
Atomic
Mmm
Bif
Monathin

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
spin that wheel beetus

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Yeah they are all good choices

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

flerp posted:

there's been 0 moments in my life where i say to myself, "man i wish i read a bif post today"

then you haven't truly lived

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

flerp posted:

the actual gimmick is that we have to vote out all the active posters until its only lurkers

like how mafia was meant to be played

Dynamic role assignment day-to-day based on posting counts the previous days. Devious.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

new policy vote out people who only ever talk about gimmick

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Beetphyxious posted:

says the guy with the laser like focus on bif

?? i want to vote her out and have said why, thats not insincere

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Beetphyxious posted:

yeah and lying hurts town

Beetphyxious posted:

strong out the gate here

seems like an easy vote.... too easy...

yeah but in lieu of any real info what else you gonna do?

wow

Beetphyxious posted:

tunnel vision is bad for town

- a person who really believes what theyre saying

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

but actually lol beet was just like "yeah i dont give a poo poo about what im saying but also youre talking about one person a lot which hmm makes you think doesn't it?? :thinkingemoji:"

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

gee someone didnt like being prodded

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

Beetphyxious posted:

I'm dtv any of the below right now

Genex
Sniper
Atomic
Mmm
Bif
Monathin

rude imo, sniper seems cool

not sure what the purpose of this post was

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

?? i want to vote her out and have said why, thats not insincere

just because you have a reason for why you want to do it doesn't suddenly make it sincere.

it's forced and lazy.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

- a person who really believes what theyre saying

overreacting a tad don't you think?

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Beetphyxious posted:

just because you have a reason for why you want to do it doesn't suddenly make it sincere.

it's forced and lazy.

im for real offended that you dont think im lazy genuinely

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Atomic Soda posted:

rude imo, sniper seems cool

not sure what the purpose of this post was

lurker a) vouching for lurker b)

cool story

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

im for real offended that you dont think im lazy genuinely

don't be, it's allegedly not sincere.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

Beetphyxious posted:

i've not played w beet before i reckon but it feels like saying someones case is overreacting is a bit of a brush off. also lazy and overreacting don't seem to gell well.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

oh I think I misread that. uh I meant the opposite then. I think.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Beetphyxious posted:

don't be, it's allegedly not sincere.

well played, but im still upset you'd even say it

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Atomic Soda posted:

also lazy and overreacting don't seem to gell well.

you've not heard of confected outrage?

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

just want to clarify im not casing beet, im saying they are wrong and bad

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Beetphyxious posted:

how is pointing to three posts which like, cannot be read sincerely an overreaction

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

anyway this is more fun now. I was worried when bif wasn't posting i'd just be shouting into the void.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

just want to clarify im not casing beet, im saying they are wrong and bad

which I'm used to

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

how is pointing to three posts which like, cannot be read sincerely an overreaction

calm down tiger.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Beetphyxious posted:

anyway this is more fun now. I was worried when bif wasn't posting i'd just be shouting into the void.

dont call me that

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

Beetphyxious posted:

you've not heard of confected outrage?

well yes but i dont know you well enough to pick that at this stage.

i don't think i'm a lurker atm and i'm trying to post, this game reminds me a bit of n20s dbz game where some ppl posted a shite-tonne and others drowned in the word soup

e: ha you guys type fast

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Atomic Soda posted:

well yes but i dont know you well enough to pick that at this stage.

i don't think i'm a lurker atm and i'm trying to post, this game reminds me a bit of n20s dbz game where some ppl posted a shite-tonne and others drowned in the word soup

e: ha you guys type fast

No not me I mean you can be lazy and trying to pretended to be outraged, offended, etc.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

anyway good chat. catch yas later.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

you really shouldn't be even calling people lurkers until late in day one anyway, especually not people who have made a few content posts because yeah not everybody just shits their brain onto their keyboard (get with the times though, its the way to be)

like for 100% real the thread title tells who is lurking the most anyway, bif literally has the fewest posts in this thread, there's not even a point in discussing a broad range of lurkers as thoguh we're going to sway our way down to the buffet of potential lurker lynches because when yyou vote somebody for lurking you're by definition voting them for a lack of content as opposed to some discernible thing you can make a varied read on. In other words, anybody making a deal about lurkers is either doing so to have some discussion (either to start some real game talk or to look like they're with it if they're in fact scum) or they're just being silly. Lurking is one of the only things you can actually quantify in this game, no need to muddy it up.

Anywahy I sort of lost the plot there but there s this thing people do where they target people who post a little bit of stuff (soda and sniper) and call it lurking, while ignoring people who are actually posting nothing (sal and bif legitimately)

and its all dumb anyway because there's hardly even the time to lurk in this game yet people are just saying it because the game is called bif is a lurker haha now we're going to base everything on lurking you see

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

flerp posted:

first of all how dare you

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
Many good points made. Where is Sal anyway.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

sniper4625 posted:

Many good points made. Where is Sal anyway.

that was not the point

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
if you think lurker callouts are bad you should vote genex for the most egregious example

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

except bif is a constructured lurker and we can expect her to be lurking because as you point out that's the title of the loving game

so why would you want to use her as some sort of baseline for lurking? we can explain her behaviour. ...

• Locked thread