Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)

Podima posted:

Initial thoughts please!

I actually believe in AS’s claim because I don’t know why someone would make it up. I think Keane is being wrong and is probably bad. A council flip makes sense to me because Ecco. That’s about it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)

CCKeane posted:

Yes, I'm explicitly flavor fishing.

b-minus1 posted:

warning signals? sounds like keane is just asking mona to clarify his alignment. i dont see anything wrong with that

I guess it just feels too close to role fishing for me? Also like Keane is more interested in learning details of the game’s setup (for whatever reason) than in actively scum hunting.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Sorry, didn't really feel much like being present this weekend.

I still think AS is a Jester or maybe even a bomb. I've been a bomb in an ecco game and used it very dumbly. IF AS is a bomb, she's off to a much better start than I was.

I will say, I was town as a bomb and used my poor judgment to try and kill scum and I think this failed somehow, and I think the person I was going to try and kill was also not scum. It's been a while... I don't remember specifics.

I'll try and get some better reads up, but I don't feel comfortable offing AS just yet.

Felt worse about someone, but I'll do a reread at lunch if time permits, otherwise it'llbe to night.

This is a nothingburger of a post, the very essence of empty air. Who or what is the "someone" that you felt worse about? You were posting like this when we were scum together recently, except with more desperation as time went on.

(If there's IRL stuff going on, :glomp:)

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Meinberg posted:

I guess it just feels too close to role fishing for me? Also like Keane is more interested in learning details of the game’s setup (for whatever reason) than in actively scum hunting.

I am very interested in learning details of the game's setup, you are correct.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Tired Moritz posted:

well, I think AS wants to get d1'd anyway so

##vote AS

This post, and Moritz's posting in general, pings me as falsely engaged. Also, going back to this:

Tired Moritz posted:

AS might be scum goon trying to pull a gambit

I question the need to specify "scum goon" here, and really want to hear TM explain exactly what the point of a scum goon fakeclaiming PGO immediately on D1 and asking to be executed is. Keane at least backed up his push with "maybe she's signaling teammates to minimize risk" which is reasonable since we did just come out of an Eccogame where scum couldn't talk during the day, but I'm not seeing the townie logic in TM's post here.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

BottleKnight posted:

Moat I'm pretty much reading that as "I will vote her to prevent this but only if I can join a bandwagon, otherwise let's execute scum" ????

How do I parse that?

This seemed like a willful misreading of fairly straightforward logic imo

Hal Incandenza posted:

I mean maybe if AS was in here dazzling us with reads it might be different but we have heard nothing but the claim and "I'm not good enough to play this role"

Bottom line is the 3 options are:

1 - AS is possibly telling the truth but we won't know until the game is over and it will be a permanent distraction and possibly used against town. Also who would want AS in a LYLO situation?
2 - AS is a jester and leaves the game when dead
3 - Is scum gambitting and we won't know until the game is over

If someone has a great non-AS scum case today, I'm all for looking at that. Otherwise AS is kind of a detriment to town going forward. If I were scum I would want AS around as long as possible after that claim unless I was totally convinced she was a master scum hunter who would break the game open if left alive.

I haaaate this

Tired Moritz posted:

well, I think AS wants to get d1'd anyway so

##vote AS
doesn't gaf

Hal Incandenza posted:

Awwwww don’t leave taste

Maybe this is one of those games where the scum don’t know they are the scum

??????????????????????????????????????????

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Dick Bastardly posted:

I'd propose Keane, Hal or TM as alternatives for a lunch today.

Phone posting until an hour or two before deadline, so any requests for detailed cases on these players will be obliged at a later time.

Calling this for later. I see that you did mention each of these three individuals in your posting today but want those detailed cases.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Podima posted:

This post, and Moritz's posting in general, pings me as falsely engaged. Also, going back to this:

I question the need to specify "scum goon" here, and really want to hear TM explain exactly what the point of a scum goon fakeclaiming PGO immediately on D1 and asking to be executed is. Keane at least backed up his push with "maybe she's signaling teammates to minimize risk" which is reasonable since we did just come out of an Eccogame where scum couldn't talk during the day, but I'm not seeing the townie logic in TM's post here.

the "scum goon" thing is a nice catch I think

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Hal and TM seem pretty straightforwardly Weird to me?

But, also, just game wise, we need to take AS off the table. Today's the best day to take out trash that we know we'll have to do at some point anyway, and we'll get content from suspish players that'll allow up to make better calls on them tomorrow.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Pinterest Mom posted:

Hal and TM seem pretty straightforwardly Weird to me?

But, also, just game wise, we need to take AS off the table. Today's the best day to take out trash that we know we'll have to do at some point anyway, and we'll get content from suspish players that'll allow up to make better calls on them tomorrow.

Mona and Moat are both saying the same thing. Are they all scum?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

CCKeane posted:

Mona and Moat are both saying the same thing. Are they all scum?

You're going to have to specify what you're talking about here

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Pinterest Mom posted:

You're going to have to specify what you're talking about here

Mona and Moat are both claiming to flip as an alignment other than town. Are they scum as well? What makes AS more scummy?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
All three of them have claimed to flip as non-town alignments.

I'd like opinions on IllegallySober and DickB. I've already made my points about DickB, but IllegallySober's posting is giving me ~vibes.~ It feels detached and forced, and this:

IllegallySober posted:

You essentially answered the first question in your previous post:

I feel very similar to you w/r/t AS's play in general. Regarding uncertainty; yes, I feel like the announced PGO in terms of scum possibly (likely) having a form of redirect is the bigger issue than the Miller piece of the claim.

I know the redirect was brought up multiple times, but the (((likely))) makes me raise an eyebrow since I don't see how that can be stated with confidence on D1.

Post history: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3857599&userid=62202

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

oh I guess I skimmed the last few pages without actually thinking too much

Yeah, AS shouldn't be the vote strike that :shobon:

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Podima posted:

All three of them have claimed to flip as non-town alignments.

I'd like opinions on IllegallySober and DickB. I've already made my points about DickB, but IllegallySober's posting is giving me ~vibes.~ It feels detached and forced, and this:

I know the redirect was brought up multiple times, but the (((likely))) makes me raise an eyebrow since I don't see how that can be stated with confidence on D1.

Post history: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3857599&userid=62202

Sober's turn on Keane after he and I had our huge discussion is -really- weird and I would not voting for him today due to that.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Meinberg posted:

Disagree with this entire post.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Mafia edit: Not mind voting

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

##vote tm i think

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
good morning am i voting myself?

catching up

Podima posted:

DickB is PR hunting here, if this is his first thought upon reading AS' mention of BK/Mona. Not good.

i thought db was responding with incredulity to keanes initial case on me here, where he does push the pr angle. can you take another look at this?

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

CCKeane posted:

I ask that because I brought up PRs before Dick.

hmm

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Pinterest Mom posted:

##vote tm i think

I'm not opposed here either.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
I still think we should vote soda

But My top scum reads are

Meinberg
TM
Sober

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah I'd do TM. ##unvote ##vote TM

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

In.

##unvote
##vote: TM

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
Still phone posting and won't make it to a computer before deadline.

If were doin' this let's not waste too much time.

##vote Atomic Soda

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
Woah I see the TM votes now.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
##unvote
##vote TM

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Dick Bastardly posted:

Still phone posting and won't make it to a computer before deadline.

If were doin' this let's not waste too much time.

##vote Atomic Soda

Hm.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I don't like this TM push but in lieu of better options

##unvote
##vote TM

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Lol...

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Didn't see the tide had changed.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
What happened to Sal

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Just gonna re-emphasize this post:

Dick Bastardly posted:

After all this I've come around to believe the claim, so now I ask: What's the problem with keeping AS alive? She's essentially a vanilla town (assuming it's not a gambit)

What town in their right mind would visit her after all this?

I'd propose Keane, Hal or TM as alternatives for a lunch today.

Phone posting until an hour or two before deadline, so any requests for detailed cases on these players will be obliged at a later time.

Because then when votes were tied 3-3 between Keane and ASoda, he.... voted ASoda as his first vote of the day?

We should vote Dick instead of TM, IMO.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I'll be here till deadline so I'm putting my vote back: ##unvote ##vote DickB

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Podima posted:

Because then when votes were tied 3-3 between Keane and ASoda, he.... voted ASoda as his first vote of the day?

I would rather Dick or Soda over Moz, personally.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Pod what are you doing? Are you purposely trying to cause a no lynch

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

b-minus1 posted:

Pod what are you doing? Are you purposely trying to cause a no lynch

We piled up 5 votes on someone in minutes, it's fine.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Podima posted:

OK, just go back and read a few posts buddy

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Monathin posted:

Sober's turn on Keane after he and I had our huge discussion is -really- weird and I would not voting for him today due to that.

This is my feeling on sober as well. Catching up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Ok let's actually look at this since it's a valid point.

PMom Keane me B- DickB Mona are here and posting. (6)
ASoda said they'd be back before deadline.
Meinberg is here (visible in The Game Room)

That's 8 in all, and it's 8 to execute. Yes it's risky but it's worth calling out poo poo when I see it, and I can swap back if need be. Even securing TM is risky by your metric. Who do you think we should execute, if you're concerned about numbers?

• Locked thread