Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Edward Mass posted:

It's May the 4th, so you should know exactly what movie RiffTrax just riffed.

Ice Pirates?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
So whatever happened to Old MacDonald?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Piggywig has a taste for long pork. The wedding ring is all that's left.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

RandomPauI posted:

Piggywig has a taste for long pork. The wedding ring is all that's left.

I wish there was a Fun in Baloonland 2 that featuresd the sequel poem because its even loving weirder

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony
Megaforce is back on Amazon if you love the movie and want I copy, like I did.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
House on Sorority Row now available.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

This was a drat good riff!

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I'm honestly spent on slashers. The jokes need to be pretty solid for me to consider picking this one up.

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony
Got tickets to the Belcourt for Krull and am excited to go to my first Live and take my son.

BDawg fucked around with this message at 01:59 on May 24, 2018

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Ator is on Prime now and my god, who the gently caress thought it was a good idea for the introduction of the character of Ator to be Ator talking about how he wants to marry his sister.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
New VOD - Gammera the Invincible!

The extra M is for...um...I don't know...

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Where exactly is Cyborg Cop 2 supposed to take place? It sure looks like Southern California but then they talk about "heading south" to Des Moines.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

muscles like this! posted:

Where exactly is Cyborg Cop 2 supposed to take place? It sure looks like Southern California but then they talk about "heading south" to Des Moines.

It was set in America but filmed in South Africa so who even loving knows. I don't even think the filmmakers did.

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.

Mister Kingdom posted:

New VOD - Gammera the Invincible!

The extra M is for...um...I don't know...

It's a different cut of the film (Japanese giant monster movies often got different cuts from different Western distributors back in the day) from the one they used on MST3K, for anyone who's wondering. Also, new riffs, of course.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
This is actually the version of the movie I owned

I never saw the Sandy Frank version until MST3K

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

They added a bunch more VODs to Prime and man, Merlin The Return is straight up nonsense. Like it feels like a movie where they cut out the first 25-30 minutes of the film.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

HannibalBarca posted:

It's a different cut of the film (Japanese giant monster movies often got different cuts from different Western distributors back in the day) from the one they used on MST3K, for anyone who's wondering. Also, new riffs, of course.

Also it's missing 13 minutes of screentime according to IMDb. I thought they stopped cutting their movies?

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Just watched House on Sorority Row and it's amazing how that killer managed to stab and bludgeon so many people to death with a cane without leaving so much as a drop of blood.

It got real silly when they got into the van the girl was killed in and it's like...that seat should be soaked in blood.

And how towards the end, the surviving girl passed by a fire alarm like four times without thinking "Maybe I should pull this..." She's basically leaning on it at one point.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I have a question for the goon who works for Rifftrax. Do you find the ideas.rifftrax thing useful?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

They added a bunch more VODs to Prime and man, Merlin The Return is straight up nonsense. Like it feels like a movie where they cut out the first 25-30 minutes of the film.

So I dont normally pay a ton of attention to rifftrax movies but I sat down and tried watching this and Im still utterly lost

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Barudak posted:

So I dont normally pay a ton of attention to rifftrax movies but I sat down and tried watching this and Im still utterly lost

For a good chunk of the beginning of the film I was wondering if this was a sequel and that's why nothing made sense but no, it wasn't.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
I feel like Merlin: The Return wasn't so much a film as a series of events. There wasn't an arc, there wasn't any character development. Things simply happened in a vague way. King Arthur jumped into a quarry for the Lady of the Lake to catch him but ended up in Hell. Tia Carrere encouraged a child to murder a wizard with an earthquake gun. Excalibur was apparently somewhere.

Were there really even characters? Did this happen?

And yeah, the bit at the beginning where people seem to know Merlin had me thinking it was a sequel too.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Well, it's called Merlin: The Return. Clearly, he's come back from....things.

CapnBry
Jul 15, 2002

I got this goin'
Grimey Drawer
Wow they really have a ton of Rifftrax on Prime now. I'm not sure how long some of these have been on their list but here's some I'd recommend if you haven't seen them:
  • The Guy from Harlem - For bad scotch and worse steaks
  • Retro Puppet Master - Who needs to see Annabelle when you have a buncha possessed puppets
  • Cyborg Cop 2 - Which has no cyborgs in it
  • Terror at Tenkiller - I can't remember what happens in this one apart from some teens do it and then... it's time to pay the price
  • Honor and Glory - Simply for making you remember that the 80s was a great time to be a coked up movie making person
  • Rock and Roll Nightmare - No one will be admitted during that loving twist ending :wth:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Watched the latest Bridget and Mary Jo feature, Junior Prom, and it has a really insane plot. Mainly because there's this whole thing about the class election and the one character you're supposed to support versus the one you're not and they forgot to give the one you're not any flaws. There's a plot point about his dad withholding a donation from the school unless his son wins but it's never said that the son even knows this is happening.

This is compared to the "good" candidate who steals a truck by bamboozling a gas station clerk and then there's a whole song and dance number where they lie to the student body making a bunch of promises they can't keep.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

Watched the latest Bridget and Mary Jo feature, Junior Prom, and it has a really insane plot. Mainly because there's this whole thing about the class election and the one character you're supposed to support versus the one you're not and they forgot to give the one you're not any flaws. There's a plot point about his dad withholding a donation from the school unless his son wins but it's never said that the son even knows this is happening.

This is compared to the "good" candidate who steals a truck by bamboozling a gas station clerk and then there's a whole song and dance number where they lie to the student body making a bunch of promises they can't keep.

I would love to have heard teenagers reactions to this movie back in the day.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Mister Kingdom posted:

I would love to have heard teenagers reactions to this movie back in the day.

Being excited their was a film they could sleep through, if I remember my high school days correctly.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
Bridget and Mary Jo take on Sherlock Holmes in the latest VOD.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

I really hope they do the rest of this series. There's like a dozen movies.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Is it worth buying?

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Junior Prom? Yes, it's ridiculous and it has numerous musical interludes.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Oops, I meant Sherlock Holmes. I already have Junior Prom but I stopped watching it around the time Pianist Fake-teen started playing jazz in Mrs. Prudes class

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I just watched the People Soup short...what was that even about? Two kids spend ten minutes producing a potion that turns them into a chicken and dog before turning back and wandering off.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
It was based off a popular poem.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Rirse posted:

I just watched the Oscar Winning People Soup short...what was that even about? Two kids spend ten minutes producing a potion that turns them into a chicken and dog before turning back and wandering off.

There, fixed it.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Thing I've learned is that people coming to Rifftrax live don't normally come to this theater as I've overheard multiple people confused as to the assigned/reclining seats.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
Our theater is surprisingly empty. I think it's because more than one theater in this area does this now, there uses to just be one.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
Aaaaa I missed the slides

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Aw nuts, I forgot about the slides this time. I hope one of y’all are gonna upload them later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

For the first time, my theater didn't switch over to the preshow, so I didn't get to see any of the slides.

Then when I asked the manager if they could switch over, she argued with me, saying the show didn't start until 8 and they always show the stupid loving Noovie poo poo until the movies start.

I'm not happy about it, but at least the show was good.

Also, the theater was packed...with people going to see Incredibles 2.