Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
three comp matches in a row against 4 stacks. I won two so I'm very excited about my Kings bounty of 20 glorg points.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Suck-A-Sage posted:

Shoulder charge to break your fall. In fact, shoulder charge everywhere.

This also works with Hunter Dodge, and I imagine the Warlock dash, too, for anyone who hasn't discovered this yet. Lots of good spots to practice on, but I love Nessus.

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
Yeah warlock jump is the best

If you need to slow the game down to a screeching halt just to avoid falling off the edge.
Pit a warlock, titan and hunter against each other on a jumping course and the titan and hunter will be finished by the time the warlock is halfway.

And that's why warlock jump sucks

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
My transversive step warlock finishes the final gauntlet run way ahead everyone every time so I beg to differ.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

bamhand posted:

Ok I've hit 340 power level. Where do I go from here?

another game, usually

Snack Bitch
May 15, 2008

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
Since the newest expansion none of my group has tried the new raid since it's takes so long to get to light level 370. Played a lot this weekend and I barely gained any light level thanks to duplicate drops. What a loving dumb system they have created.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
The answer to leveling up your gear in warmind is to do the old raids, they drop gear above your level. Else it does indeed take forever.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Lt_Tofu posted:

Since the newest expansion none of my group has tried the new raid since it's takes so long to get to light level 370. Played a lot this weekend and I barely gained any light level thanks to duplicate drops. What a loving dumb system they have created.

Utilize Ligma, it helps.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
The old raids and even Prestige Leviathan are fairly easy now and you can get 12 chests from regular Levi/EoW alone. The 370 requirement for Spire is also more for the final boss and you can get another three chests from the first two encounters and the secret chest.

There's raids going out in Serious Overchill most of the week and I'm going to try start putting raids together more consistently in HOTDOGS. Basically, do raids, they've consistently been the best and most rewarding content in this game.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.

1stGear posted:

The old raids and even Prestige Leviathan are fairly easy now and you can get 12 chests from regular Levi/EoW alone. The 370 requirement for Spire is also more for the final boss and you can get another three chests from the first two encounters and the secret chest.

There's raids going out in Serious Overchill most of the week and I'm going to try start putting raids together more consistently in HOTDOGS. Basically, do raids, they've consistently been the best and most rewarding content in this game.

edit: Never mind.

Snack Bitch
May 15, 2008

cvnvcnv posted:

Utilize Ligma, it helps.

Huh, what's this?

1stGear posted:

Yeah that's always an option but it would be great to raid with my friends. No one likes the Levi raid and it's stupid that we can't get together and level by playing through the expansion content plus whatever else. Gating progress through weekly engrams that are random is stupid and apparently the last straw for the majority of the people I know who used to play.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
Leviathan is good actually

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Leviathan is good... but not great.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

King's Fall best raid

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

the good fax machine posted:

Leviathan is good... but not great.

Basically this

I'd kill for anything remotely close to vog or wotm right now. Calls encounter itself comes close.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.

Lt_Tofu posted:

Huh, what's this?

Yeah that's always an option but it would be great to raid with my friends. No one likes the Levi raid and it's stupid that we can't get together and level by playing through the expansion content plus whatever else. Gating progress through weekly engrams that are random is stupid and apparently the last straw for the majority of the people I know who used to play.

yeah, that's one of the main things that put me off the game. I really hate the idea in general of devs deciding how much and how often I play. That and the stupid trump tower raid.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
Destiny "raids" are barely even 5 man dungeons

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Lt_Tofu posted:

But it keeps you coming back, so it has worked!

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

cvnvcnv posted:

Utilize Ligma, it helps.

Lt_Tofu posted:

Huh, what's this?

LIGMA BALLS BITCH

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

cvnvcnv posted:

LIGMA BALLS BITCH

lmao

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

cvnvcnv posted:

LIGMA BALLS BITCH

lmao

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

cvnvcnv posted:

LIGMA BALLS BITCH

yes

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

My god it never ends. Amazing. Goons, check your gullibility scores.

Kharn_The_Betrayer
Nov 15, 2013

Fun Shoe

cvnvcnv posted:

LIGMA BALLS BITCH

:master:

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

cvnvcnv posted:

LIGMA BALLS BITCH

fuckin a

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Lol nice

Snack Bitch
May 15, 2008

RIP

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

BofA Deez nuts LMAO

cvnvcnv posted:

LIGMA BALLS BITCH

Jesus

PopeCrunch
Feb 13, 2004

internets

I mean, I get that I'm not very good at this game, but I feel like if you bring a sword to pvp, you are automatically a gigantic rear end in a top hat. Am I wrong?

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

cvnvcnv posted:

LIGMA BALLS BITCH

god drat.

Orv
May 4, 2011
4/10, already been done better.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Interesting how nobody here has whined about how they further hosed up faction rallies.

I'm honestly surprised they managed to make them even worse. Never underestimate bungie I guess.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Yeah I'll be honest, the most recent TWAB was so wordswordswords I couldn't even come close to grasping what their new poo poo is

Choose one faction per account and you can do activities with reduced health/damage/recovery for extra bonuses or whatever?

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

PopeCrunch posted:

I mean, I get that I'm not very good at this game, but I feel like if you bring a sword to pvp, you are automatically a gigantic rear end in a top hat. Am I wrong?

you are correct, swords are for bitches

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I'm pretty sure Quickfang has an RNG element where sometimes it just says "lol nah" and doesn't lunge at your target

Orv
May 4, 2011

Sereri posted:

Interesting how nobody here has whined about how they further hosed up faction rallies.

I'm honestly surprised they managed to make them even worse. Never underestimate bungie I guess.

I'm not even bothering to do them at this point, the armor is (mostly) poo poo and the grind isn't worth the time.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

Orv posted:

I'm not even bothering to do them at this point, the armor is (mostly) poo poo and the grind isn't worth the time.

Gun catalysts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Is the new renown planetary activity in addition to the old faction rally options, or is FR just a lost sector event now?!

• Locked thread